View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:01 AM   #20
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
No, no...meaning if the applicant has a mental illness (or warning signs), then the doctor can simply say he doesn't believe the applicant can be trusted with a firearm.

You keep coming back to this, and while provisions can be made to waive fees, I seriously want to know why you think a poor person would be willing to plop down a couple hundred bucks a on gun to begin with? Plus, I said a safe or "other means"...I didn't say a safe is absolutely required.

$50 is not expensive, and again, we can waive that fee if the applicant can show financial hardship.
Now I have to show financial hardship, too? Just how many hoops are there before I can shoot a handgun down at the farm?

Why not just tell me I can't have one instead of playing these games?

If you think a US Government mandated safe storage system or area will be cheap, then I have a bridge to sell you. Cheap.

A used handgun or rifle would not be anywhere near a couple hundred bucks here in NC.

Well, it wouldn't have been a few months ago...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top