View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:45 AM   #36
Joe Random
Illuminator

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
<snip>

Won't the subject of this judgement want to sue, since this judgement will pretty much ruin their life?
This just gave me another thought : say you're a Dr. and you feel a patient isn't 'stable' enough to purchase a firearm. Would you then have a fear that the patient, upon finding out you red-stamped their application, would track you down and harm you? After all, they aren't stable enough to own a firearm in your eyes, so just how much of a practical danger do they pose to you specifically?

I realize that Dr.'s probably already have to deal with similar issues (say if they've sent a patient on a 72 hr commit), so I'm not tossing this out as a 'for sure this is what will happen' alarmist scenario. It's simply another factor which would need to be considered up front, and another which to my mind makes requiring character references/Dr.'s note a poor and/or unworkable idea.
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top