IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory

Old 5th March 2007, 07:57 PM   #1
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Time to play: Guess what this is!

And why is it important.

Here's the picture. Let's hear from some troothers!

Old 6th March 2007, 02:48 AM   #2
MetalPig
Illuminator

Is it pulverised concrete?
Old 6th March 2007, 02:52 AM   #3
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Do we want to know?

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 03:02 AM   #4
uk_dave
Philosopher

The contents of killklowns head.............

.....magnified?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 03:02 AM   #5
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Plane bits from the pentagon?

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 03:51 AM   #6
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

I know they recovered wing tip fragments from the Pentagon suggesting that the tip of the wing clipped the ground just as it hit.

Could those be the fragments?
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 04:49 AM   #7
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Well, they are fragments...
Old 6th March 2007, 04:52 AM   #8
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

If you look at it long enough and squint your left eye while sticking a fork into your right eye while hopping up and down on one foot and clucking like a hen, you can clearly see...

3" rebar on 4' centers

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 04:56 AM   #9
scissorhands
Banned

I dont like the look of that pink thing at the bottom.
Are they all metallic?
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 04:58 AM   #10
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

oh, its metal alright.

Hint: It was not found at ground zero, but is relevant to 911 by its absence.
Old 6th March 2007, 05:00 AM   #11
The Doc
Curing Stupidity

I'm guessing it's the remains of a plane crash. But not one that occurred on 9/11?
The Doc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:01 AM   #12
Mancman
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
oh, its metal alright.

Black boxes?
Old 6th March 2007, 05:02 AM   #13
scissorhands
Banned

Remains of demolition charges?
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:13 AM   #14
eeyore1954
Philosopher

Pieces of the luggage of which of course there was none at any of the crashes. so if I am correct it must have been planted.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:18 AM   #15
uk_dave
Philosopher

oh, its metal alright.

It's the woowoo theory, isn't it?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:18 AM   #16
ref
Master Poster

oh, its metal alright.

Something to do with demolition or a missile?

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:19 AM   #17
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

The suspense is killing me!
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:20 AM   #18
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
Remains of demolition charges?
Ding!

They are strips of copper used to brace cutting charges. These were all over the recent implosion of Philadelphia's civic center.

The copper is exactly the color shown. Pink, purple, and all. These strips were everywhere, covered by the plywood boxes that covered the charges, as well as scraps of cloth put over the charges. Oh, and did I mention the huge lengths of burnt detcord?

This is the stuff demoltion experts say would have been present had CD been used.
Old 6th March 2007, 05:21 AM   #19
ref
Master Poster

Ding!

They are strips of copper used to brace cutting charges. These were all over the recent implosion of Philadelphia's civic center.

The copper is exactly the color shown. Pink, purple, and all. These strips were everywhere, covered by the plywood boxes that covered the charges, as well as scraps of cloth put over the charges. Oh, and did I mention the huge lengths of burnt detcord?

This is the stuff demoltion experts say would have been present had CD been used.
I almost knew it!

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:23 AM   #20
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Ding!

Well, yea, we know that, but most CTs simply waive their hands and mumble something about super secret high-tech instant beam severing substances that don't leave any residue.
Old 6th March 2007, 05:25 AM   #21
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Well, yea, we know that, but most CTs simply waive their hands and mumble something about super secret high-tech instant beam severing substances that don't leave any residue.
Meaning: A Wizard did it.
Old 6th March 2007, 05:26 AM   #22
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Actually I've heard at least one CTer put forward a theory that additional charges were used to destroy the detonators and other evidence of the main charges...

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:31 AM   #23
Tirdun
Muse

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
Actually I've heard at least one CTer put forward a theory that additional charges were used to destroy the detonators and other evidence of the main charges.
-Gumboot
And charges on the secondary charges to destroy evidence of those.

Don't you see? It's charges all the way down.
Tirdun is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 05:33 AM   #24
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

That's like the theory that WTC 7 had to be destroyed because it housed the control center for the destruction of WTC 1/2 ...

CT-theories have the same striking explanatory power as ID.
Old 6th March 2007, 05:54 AM   #25
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

And why is it important.

Here's the picture. Let's hear from some troothers!
It's proof of controlled demolition. I don't know what it is, but it definitely proves CD. Tell me what it is and where you found it, give me a couple of minutes, and then I'll tell you why it proves CD.

Dave
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 06:13 AM   #26
ref
Master Poster

That is proof of thermite!

Old 6th March 2007, 06:15 AM   #27
fuelair
Banned

That's it! A colony of thermites destroyed the WTC!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 06:21 AM   #28
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Of course it proves thermite, because if they had used explosives, we would have found these things. Since we know it was CD, they must, therefore, have used thermite!

It's scientific!
Old 6th March 2007, 06:25 AM   #29
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Most of the pieces look like the blade from my lawnmower. You mean my mower was used to bring down WTC7?
No wonder I couldn't find it in the garage!
Old 6th March 2007, 06:25 AM   #30
scissorhands
Banned

But Willie Rodriguez is making a living out of touring the world telling everybody about explosions in the basement.
Does thermite make big explosions?
Old 6th March 2007, 06:27 AM   #31
alexg
Muse

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
If you look at it long enough and squint your left eye while sticking a fork into your right eye while hopping up and down on one foot and clucking like a hen, you can clearly see...

3" rebar on 4' centers
Muhahahahahahahahahahaha!
alexg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 06:58 AM   #32
Rawkarma
Thinker

If there was a tail section protruding out of the ground in that picture, I would finally be convinced it was flight 93 that crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Rawkarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 08:28 AM   #33
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

I didn't guess it, but I can guess why they use copper. 'Cause it doesn't make sparks, striking steel.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 6th March 2007, 12:09 PM   #34
Free Thinkr
Muse

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Pssh. Nanothermite!
Old 6th March 2007, 12:23 PM   #35
uk_dave
Philosopher

Soopernanothermate...expealadocious!
Old 6th March 2007, 12:26 PM   #36
firecoins
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
That's like the theory that WTC 7 had to be destroyed because it housed the control center for the destruction of WTC 1/2 ...

CT-theories have the same striking explanatory power as ID.
After watching 2 planes hit #1 & #2 who would look into WTC #7 for evidence of a control center?
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 01:56 PM   #37
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

So you're saying the bombs in the WTC blew those copper strips all the way to Philly?

Thankyou.[/cf]
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2007, 06:34 PM   #38
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

More fun photos from the demolition site:

As my friend who was on site states:

"The one shows the plasma deposited copper from cutting
charges placed opposite each other on the sides of the
beam. You can see the smoother, irregular melted look
of what oxy-acetylene torch cut steel looks like in
comparison to the cutting charge a the ends of the
cut."

He continues:

"This is what the plywood (3/4") sheathing covering the
charges looks like, complete with a copper fragment of
the charge protruding through it. The burnt spots are
from the ends of the charge where the explosive is
exposed. it shows just how contained the explosive is,
no mound of toothpicks here, even though the blast
blew the panel off the box. "

Plywood cover boxes and burnt detecord are all over the site.
Old 6th March 2007, 06:35 PM   #39
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Incidently, with regards to the first picture in my OP. That is the actual color of the copper having been exposed to the explosion. It is not the result of bad photo color work or JPG compression. It really is purple and pink(-ish).
Old 6th March 2007, 07:15 PM   #40
ConspiRaider
Writer of Nothingnesses

I actually thought the original picture was dead electric eels, where their batteries leaked all over and discolored 'em. 'specially that one on the middle left, the one that looks like a sperm whale. Maybe that one was a sperm whale fetus?

Last edited by ConspiRaider; 6th March 2007 at 07:56 PM.
ConspiRaider is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories