JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags online classes

Old 1st May 2012, 06:41 PM   #1
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Free 2 semester High School level Chem Class and Physics Class online!!

A query on math programs on line led me to remember a set of programs available free on line for College prep. Chemistry and CP Physics from the state of Georgia - Public Television. In case any forumites need same, the two are found at: http://www.gpb.org/chemistry-physics . They may be watched online (and some materials for them downloaded).

I have been given to understand they may be purchased and may be downloadable in case of need for that........

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Jomante
Thinker

Very nice, thank you for the link! It looks like there's quite a few classes online at that link (videos and print materials)

Last edited by Jomante; 1st May 2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: clarification
Jomante is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 04:11 AM   #3
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

You are quite welcome!! Knowledge is good - and power!!!

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 04:35 AM   #4
Careyp74
Illuminator

I have found a plethora of courses offered when I signed up for a library card at my local library. I am in the middle of one now. They are non-credit courses, but are also free and a good way to keep discipline in studying. THe company is nationwide, so I imagine many other libraries offer their services.
Careyp74 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:49 AM   #5
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Careyp74 View Post
I have found a plethora of courses offered when I signed up for a library card at my local library. I am in the middle of one now. They are non-credit courses, but are also free and a good way to keep discipline in studying. THe company is nationwide, so I imagine many other libraries offer their services.
Repost/ post again with the company name if you would please!!

Wash this space!

Old 2nd May 2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Careyp74
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Repost/ post again with the company name if you would please!!
The website is universalclass.com

Just visiting the website, the classes have costs to them, but I haven't had to pay by going through the library portal.

ETA: Be sure to check out the course on cryptozoology

Last edited by Careyp74; 2nd May 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Careyp74 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 03:33 PM   #7
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Thanks - I assume the crypto is for fun.......
For others - as fa as I know, we make no points for anything on the number of times these pop back up, but, to keep it available a few days IF you use it and like the courses, please bump it with a comment so others who might not have seen it will get a chance to. Thanks, fuelair!!

Wash this space!

Old 3rd May 2012, 07:12 AM   #8
Careyp74
Illuminator

Thanks - I assume the crypto is for fun.......
For others - as fa as I know, we make no points for anything on the number of times these pop back up, but, to keep it available a few days IF you use it and like the courses, please bump it with a comment so others who might not have seen it will get a chance to. Thanks, fuelair!!
I didn't take that course, just noticed it and thought it was funny. My plan is to use the site to take all the courses that will help me in my ultimate quest of getting on Jeopardy and winning 40 games in a row.
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:16 PM   #9
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by careyp74 View Post
i didn't take that course, just noticed it and thought it was funny. My plan is to use the site to take all the courses that will help me in my ultimate quest of getting on jeopardy and winning 40 games in a row.
go for it!!!

Wash this space!

Last edited by fuelair; 3rd May 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 4th May 2012, 01:52 PM   #10
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

and, just in case..........Free, downloadable, fun.......

Wash this space!

Old 4th May 2012, 06:22 PM   #11
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

still available online for use!!!

Wash this space!

Old 5th May 2012, 06:41 PM   #12
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

And 24 hours later: just in case we have missed anyone.....

Wash this space!

Old 6th May 2012, 12:57 PM   #13
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Last call for this one also........... (at least me bumping it)

Wash this space!

Old 7th May 2012, 06:27 AM   #14
Careyp74
Illuminator

I would propose a sticky thread, even if it is a different one from this, where forum members can post free educational links. Is one in existence yet? (bump)
Old 7th May 2012, 02:20 PM   #15
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

i DON'T KNOW OF ONE, BUT i THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA - ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO NEED A QUICK REFRESHER, A BACK UP TUTORING SOURCE OR AND ACTUAL COURSE THEY DO NOT HAVE TIME FORnot yelling actually, just wasn't watching the screen as I typed, sore neck!!.

Wash this space!

Old 8th May 2012, 06:32 AM   #16
Careyp74
Illuminator

i DON'T KNOW OF ONE, BUT i THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA - ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO NEED A QUICK REFRESHER, A BACK UP TUTORING SOURCE OR AND ACTUAL COURSE THEY DO NOT HAVE TIME FORnot yelling actually, just wasn't watching the screen as I typed, sore neck!!.
You are hitting the [Caps Lock] key with your pinky instead of the [Shift] key. THere is a class for that
Old 8th May 2012, 01:34 PM   #17
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Careyp74 View Post
You are hitting the [Caps Lock] key with your pinky instead of the [Shift] key. THere is a class for that
Actually I know, but my little finger has been partially numb for a couple of years and occasionally I forget it's there and it drops!!

Wash this space!

Old 8th May 2012, 01:36 PM   #18
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Oops, bumped it again..........

Wash this space!

JREF Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology