JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 6th November 2012, 12:47 PM   #41
malicus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Purple View Post
Looky here young whipper snapper, I was just listening to Rust in Peace on my new fangled ipod contraption.

Kids....
The recent Live album version is a thing of sonic beauty

*growls* "We all know why we're here, right?"
malicus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 03:38 PM   #42
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Mitt is a monster. It's called a doppelganger.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 05:16 PM   #43
Peephole
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dc1971 View Post
He's also:
  • A Born Again Christian
  • An Alex Jones fan
  • A Conspiracy theorist
  • Worlds apart from Lemmy
  • Worlds apart from reality
But ... but ... THE ACE OF SPADES

THE ACE OF SPADES
Old 7th November 2012, 01:11 AM   #44
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

From a Kronenbourg ad:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 02:18 AM   #45
bozothedeathmachine
Muse

Originally Posted by Mr. Purple View Post
Looky here young whipper snapper, I was just listening to Rust in Peace on my new fangled ipod contraption.

Kids....
I hope it was the original and not the horrible remaster they released a few years ago.
bozothedeathmachine is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 02:22 AM   #46
bit_pattern
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rcfieldz View Post
This comes from a crappy guitar player...
Hey! The bass guitar isn't crappy, its an under appreciated cornerstone of modern music

"In this political climate, all of science is vulnerable to ideological attack when reality disagrees with political beliefs."
bit_pattern is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 02:26 AM   #47
bit_pattern
Illuminator

He's also:
  • A Born Again Christian
  • An Alex Jones fan
  • A Conspiracy theorist
Don't forget crystal meth addict! (watch the recent doco on him before anyone accuse me of defamatory accusations - think its [imaginatively] titled 'Lemmy')

"In this political climate, all of science is vulnerable to ideological attack when reality disagrees with political beliefs."
bit_pattern is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 04:43 AM   #48
mikeyx
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Mitt Romney: Who's Lemmy?
someone who doesnt believe in magic underpants....

>>ha -ha!<<
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2012, 02:16 PM   #49
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

He's also:
  • A Born Again Christian
  • An Alex Jones fan
  • A Conspiracy theorist
Also add the fact that he's an IRA supporter to the list.

ETA: also note that he's wimped out of performing The Conjuring live, despite the fact that Tom Araya (of Slayer) is a catholic yet is willing to sing songs that make The Conjuring sound tame.

Last edited by NWO Sentryman; 9th November 2012 at 02:23 PM.
NWO Sentryman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2012, 02:41 PM   #50
The Fallen Serpent
Master Poster

I enjoy both musicians. Both are idiots, even the one who voted the same as I. I enjoyed Megadeth live twice and had a great time. Haven't seen Motorhead live.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:26 AM   #51
rcfieldz
Banned

rock on

http://www.vh1.com/video/that-metal-...playlist.jhtml
rcfieldz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 11:39 AM   #52
Morrigan
Crone of War

Lemmy never fails to be awesome. <3

People who say "who?" are just rock music ignoramuses and should safely be ignored. Hawkwind and Motörhead are legendary.

Originally Posted by rcfieldz View Post
This comes from a crappy awesome guitar bass player...
Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
Morrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 11:45 AM   #53
rcfieldz
Banned

awesome yes

This guy has been to every continent I believe and nearly every friendly country to Americans. He is a bass guitar player and song writer. Done more than I have in a lifetime in the music industry. Sold lots of CD's and played many many concerts. If someone doesn't know of him they must be living on another planet.
rcfieldz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 02:47 PM   #54
deadrose
Graduate Poster

Lemmy is awesome. He's the living embodiment of the old ER tattoo-to-teeth ratio of survival odds.
deadrose is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 02:55 PM   #55
Monketey Ghost
Body of Work

Lemmy is an upstanding human being and is quite accessible at his favorite bar. Approachable, nice guy.

Bit of an overstatement on his part, Romney isn't a monster, but Lemmy's not subtle much... it's part of his peculiar beauty...

SSKCAS, member in long standing

If you accidentally ingest Monketey Ghost, induce vomiting and call your physician immediately.
Monketey Ghost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 03:11 PM   #56
spin0
Graduate Poster

Lemmy is da original Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!

But what I'd really like to know is who did Karl Pilkington endorse?
spin0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 04:19 PM   #57
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Mitt Romney is not a "monster"; he's just a politician.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 07:33 PM   #58
jj
grumpy old skeptic

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Try again. Obama uses the term because he wants to be thought of as being responsible for that legislation. It's about the only thing he and the Republicans agree on in regards to the ACA.
Evidence, please?
Old 19th November 2012, 10:51 PM   #59
bit_pattern
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jj View Post
Evidence, please?
The quote from the link embedded in the first three words of the post, perhaps

Old 20th November 2012, 01:58 AM   #60
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jj View Post
Evidence, please?
Oh jj, bless your heart.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » USA Politics