JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices


Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags 2012 election

Reply
Old 16th November 2012, 08:50 PM   #241
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I beedunk 40 miles from the border
Posts: 13,643
Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
Obviously you understood the question, why can't you answer it?


Newt gingrich...what an ass.
careful Newt is lining up to be the first POTM (President of the Moon)
Not that I oppose a lunar base but to complain about the country's debt and then call for spending billions for a base.......
h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e

He was an *** in the 80's and cemented the fact this past year. He had competition mind you. Rick Santorum and Herman Cain proved to not only be said posterior appendages but to also manage to breath while having their heads in that warm, moist, and odorous place.

One laugh riot to me was Gingrich opining on the sanctity of marriage.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 05:48 AM   #242
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
You can, no doubt, give us a citation where Obama admitted this.
The Anointed One Trained at Alinsky's Industrial Areas Foundation, Obama taught workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project. Later, he worked with the infamous ACORN and its offshoot Project Vote , creations of the Alinsky network.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 05:54 AM   #243
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by mercatormac View Post
In which case, wasn't the assasination of JFK a good thing then? One less evil, lying, stealing cheater to deal with.
JFK was good and bad. His sexual indiscretions notwithstanding, he nearly got us into a nuclear war, but his ideas on taxes were sound. The aftermath of his assassination is an important reminder as to how easily it is to brainwash the public via a compliant news media -- a situation that is far worse today (Obamaworship) than it was then.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 05:55 AM   #244
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
[quote=jaydeehess;8776487]There's also freedom to ignore shrill harpies.
Its in the CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
Generally, Robert, Canadians laugh at people like you, Bachman, and Coulter.

Most of the world does too. Sucks to be you.

/QUOTE]

Same to you.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 05:58 AM   #245
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
Obviously you understood the question, why can't you answer it?


Newt gingrich...what an ass.
Newt and his Contract for America had to drag Clinton kicking and screaming toward a budget surplus.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 06:00 AM   #246
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
I don't think so, Robert. They just aren't interested in listening to the screeching harpie.

Freedom is great, Robert. The ability to go where you want, and do what you want to do.

Can you go to Cuba?

No need to. We now have Obamacare. Congratulations, suckers.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 07:15 AM   #247
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,845
Yeah I think we're done here.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 07:39 AM   #248
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Still seems that no-one has stepped forward to say that they voted Romney in these districts.

I'd call the matter closed.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 08:05 AM   #249
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Voter Fraud Reports Pouring In

Signs That Voter Fraud Is Wildly Out Of Control And The Election Was A Sham

"These problems first emerged in a number of swing states during early voting. In many of the most important swing states it was being reported that Romney voters were claiming that when they tried to cast votes for Romney that the voting machines changed their votes to Obama instead. The following is one example of this from Ohio…"

'I don’t know if it happened to anybody else or not, but this is the first time in all the years that we voted that this has ever happened to me,' said Marion, Ohio, voter Joan Stevens.
Stevens said that when she voted, it took her three tries before the machine accepted her choice to vote for Romney.
...

Edited by LashL:  Snipped for compliance with Rule 4. Do not copy and paste lengthy tracts of text available elsewhere. Instead, quote a short passage with a link to the source.


http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/1...k-obama-votes/

Last edited by LashL; 17th November 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 08:18 AM   #250
Garrison
Graduate Poster
 
Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milton Keynes UK
Posts: 1,990
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Signs That Voter Fraud Is Wildly Out Of Control And The Election Was A Sham

"These problems first emerged in a number of swing states during early voting. In many of the most important swing states it was being reported that Romney voters were claiming that when they tried to cast votes for Romney that the voting machines changed their votes to Obama instead. The following is one example of this from Ohio…"

'I don’t know if it happened to anybody else or not, but this is the first time in all the years that we voted that this has ever happened to me,' said Marion, Ohio, voter Joan Stevens.
Stevens said that when she voted, it took her three tries before the machine accepted her choice to vote for Romney.
...

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/1...k-obama-votes/
So just rinse, lather, repeat then? All you've done is retread the same fact free claims you made at the start. You really need to understand RP that repetition is not a substitute for evidence.

Last edited by LashL; 17th November 2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: To remove moderated content from quote.
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 08:19 AM   #251
JerryGarcia
Muse
 
JerryGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montpelier, VT
Posts: 912
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Signs That Voter Fraud Is Wildly Out Of Control And The Election Was A Sham

"These problems first emerged in a number of swing states during early voting. In many of the most important swing states it was being reported that Romney voters were claiming that when they tried to cast votes for Romney that the voting machines changed their votes to Obama instead. The following is one example of this from Ohio…"

'I don’t know if it happened to anybody else or not, but this is the first time in all the years that we voted that this has ever happened to me,' said Marion, Ohio, voter Joan Stevens.
Stevens said that when she voted, it took her three tries before the machine accepted her choice to vote for Romney.

...

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/1...k-obama-votes/
Baloney.
__________________
Standing on the highway / My pants around my knees / I'd write her name out on the road / But I can't piss "Denise"

Last edited by LashL; 17th November 2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: To edit quote of moderated content.
JerryGarcia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 08:21 AM   #252
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,845
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
"These problems..."
Malfunctioning voting machines. Asked and answered. You cherry-pick only those that malfunctioned in favor of Obama.

Quote:
"Over in Pennsylvania..."
Ashcroft again. Asked and answered. Ashcroft is no credible, for the reasons already given.

Quote:
"According to the head of the Republican Party of Maine..."
...who is widely considered a crackpot even by his own party. No one else remembers seeing these alleged hordes of "black people," nor can the claimant provide any evidence for bussed-in voters.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 08:26 AM   #253
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post

“Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in town knows anyone who’s black,” Webster said.
Looks like he suddenly remembered that he knew black people.

“There’s nothing about me that would be discriminatory,” he said. “I know black people. I play basketball every Sunday with a black guy. He’s a great friend of mine. Nobody would ever accuse me of suggesting anything.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz2CUv6Iymp

Yes, Robert. Fleets of buses full of black people from the secret black people repository.

Voting machines switching to Romney or Obama, depending on your political flavour.

Obama has won. End of.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 08:43 AM   #254
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,845
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
Yes, Robert. Fleets of buses full of black people from the secret black people repository.
That's the kind of story that make Maine Republicans do a collective facepalm every time time Webster opens his mouth, and probably why he won't survive much longer as that state's party chairman.

The problem with these conspiracy theories is that in order to include all the required elements (voter fraud, white supremacy) the plot has to be pretty silly. Here's what went on in the back room, according to Webster.

Tom: Okay, so we're going to flood the Maine electoral districts with a huge number of undocumented voters favorable to our candidate.
Dick: Won't the local precinct workers get suspicious when a huge number of undocumented voters arriving at the same time?
Tom: No, because if one person can bluff his way past the Maine poll workers, then fifty people should be fifty times more likely to do that.
Harry: And just to make sure they pass unnoticed among the population, let's be sure they're all a different color than everyone else in Maine.
Tom: Oh, good thinking!

I know know what's sillier: Webster's claims, or Robert's suggestion that we should believe them.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 09:00 AM   #255
frenat
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 357
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Signs That Voter Fraud Is Wildly Out Of Control And The Election Was A Sham

"These problems first emerged in a number of swing states during early voting. In many of the most important swing states it was being reported that Romney voters were claiming that when they tried to cast votes for Romney that the voting machines changed their votes to Obama instead. The following is one example of this from Ohio…"

'I don’t know if it happened to anybody else or not, but this is the first time in all the years that we voted that this has ever happened to me,' said Marion, Ohio, voter Joan Stevens.
Stevens said that when she voted, it took her three tries before the machine accepted her choice to vote for Romney.

...
Looks like problems with touch screen calibration, not voter fraud. How sad for you to not know the difference. The simpl fact that it was easily discovered shows it would not be effective for fraud.
__________________
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Last edited by LashL; 17th November 2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: To edit quote of moderated content.
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 09:12 AM   #256
R.A.F.
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
One laugh riot to me was Gingrich opining on the sanctity of marriage.
Yep....talk about hypocracy.
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 09:16 AM   #257
R.A.F.
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,204
[quote=Robert Prey;8776996]
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
There's also freedom to ignore shrill harpies.
Its in the CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
Generally, Robert, Canadians laugh at people like you, Bachman, and Coulter.

Most of the world does too. Sucks to be you.

/QUOTE]

Same to you.
Nice "come-back".

You seem to miss the point....people are not laughing at jaydeehess, but there are laughing AT YOU.
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 09:39 AM   #258
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I beedunk 40 miles from the border
Posts: 13,643
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
QUOTE=jaydeehess;8776487]There's also freedom to ignore shrill harpies.
Its in the CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
Generally, Robert, Canadians laugh at people like you, Bachman, and Coulter.

Most of the world does too. Sucks to be you.

/QUOTE]

Same to you.
Might have had more oomph if you had used the quote function properly, not to mention that according to your take on world events it does not suck to be me. After all the world is apparently going down the political tracks that I prefer, as opposed to yours, my country has not been as affected by the world financial crisis as yours, I applaud and enjoy the benefits of Canada's universal medical care, I don't mind paying the taxes I pay, Canada still uses paper ballots and thus NEVER has the problems of mis-calibrated voting machines that your country adopted, in Canada the religious bent of any candidate for any office is of practically no interest to the voting public, and I do not see eeeveel plots taking place on every street corner.

Nope doesn't suck to be me.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 17th November 2012 at 09:41 AM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 09:47 AM   #259
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I beedunk 40 miles from the border
Posts: 13,643
Originally Posted by frenat View Post
Looks like problems with touch screen calibration, not voter fraud. How sad for you to not know the difference. The simpl fact that it was easily discovered shows it would not be effective for fraud.
That and other glaring problems with that article have been pointed out to Robert who it seems, cannot fathom the responses he has gotten to it.

Word salad techno-babble is a definitive indication that the person being quoted has no idea what they are talking about. Not that this would stop Robert from believeing in it.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 10:09 AM   #260
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I beedunk 40 miles from the border
Posts: 13,643
Apparently Webster and Robert have never filled out an on-line poll. There are no 'default' answers to posed questions and if one fails to make a selection that becomes obvious as one gets the reminder that one must choose/make a selection when you try to submit it.

At work, for our health benefits insurance (private, not gov't, not everything is covered by the gov't) we filled out a health questionaire and if you skipped a question it would indeed ask you to please answer question number x
For instance when I missed the selection which would indicate that I have or have not ever been diagnosed with a heart condition it did not 'default' to 'yes' or 'no'.

In some cases a default can be used though. For instance in our local Bass fishing tournament the 'default' ranking of the teams is by team number after which they are ranked by weight of catch. Obviously team #1 is in deafult first place as the boats leave the dock but there are only one way that this team could 'win' without catching more weight in fish than the other teams. That being the case in which no one catchs ANY fish.

That however is a contest whereas a vote is actually a poll with a binary answer and its not a recorded vote (the name of the person is not attached to the data created when they vote) therefore no default need be ascribed. Instead when a new vote is made that data is simply added to the database. A "default" as described in the above article by a person who's words prove him to be ignorant in such matters, is ridiculous.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 17th November 2012 at 10:13 AM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 11:34 AM   #261
SezMe
post-pre-born
 
SezMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 18,297
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Robert, you missed the most shocking, revolting, insane, disgusting, creepy, fraudulent item on that web site. This article asserts that a Kenyan witch doctor from the village that Obama was born in () predicted an Obama victory. OH, NO! HE WAS IN ON IT TOO. OMG. I have no doubt that he was one of the guys who was bussed around Maine.

Last edited by SezMe; 17th November 2012 at 11:35 AM.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 12:45 PM   #262
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
Administrator
 
LashL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,699
Mod WarningPlease, stick to the topic of the thread, which is about allegations of the election being 'rigged' - not about Obamacare, JFK, birther nonsense, relative freedoms in various countries, or each other, as fascinating as those subjects may be. Also, be civil and do not personalize things. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.
Posted By:LashL
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 02:27 PM   #263
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,424
Not only were the elections rigged, But in fact all voters where Obama in various disguises including the classic glasses and mustache combo with trench coat.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 03:14 PM   #264
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher
 
Alferd_Packer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,432
Interesting

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...election-text/

did "Anonymous" save the election?

If this is true, it puts Rove's little election night meltdown in a new perspective.
__________________
No laws of physics were broken in the writing of this post
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 03:40 PM   #265
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
Interesting

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...election-text/

did "Anonymous" save the election?

If this is true, it puts Rove's little election night meltdown in a new perspective.
Thanks for that, AP. Very interesting article.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 04:52 PM   #266
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing
 
Redtail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,191
The information they claim they will release, is there any way to fake it to a point that it could fool a professional computer engineer, or at least to the point you would have to take their word for it?

It is Anonymous after all...
__________________
AVENGERS!!!.. Turn off the dark!
Redtail is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 05:15 PM   #267
mercatormac
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 135
Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
Interesting

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...election-text/

did "Anonymous" save the election?

If this is true, it puts Rove's little election night meltdown in a new perspective.
Without specifics it sounds like rubbish.
mercatormac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 05:55 PM   #268
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster
 
Myron Proudfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington DC area.
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
Interesting

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...election-text/

did "Anonymous" save the election?

If this is true, it puts Rove's little election night meltdown in a new perspective.
reserving judgement until I see more, but thank you for posting it.
__________________
InfoWars. Punching logic in the face on a daily basis. (from Facebook)
Myron Proudfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 06:37 PM   #269
Loss Leader
Opinionated Jerk
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 15,061
Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
Interesting

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11...election-text/

did "Anonymous" save the election?

If this is true, it puts Rove's little election night meltdown in a new perspective.

I'm going to opine that it's utter nonsense. It was only after the election that Republican sources began to blame ORCA for their loss. However all available data indicates that the votes just weren't there. Romney's team had badly underestimated the importance of youths and minorities in the election and had "readjusted" polls to reflect the "real" likely voters.

In the initial days after the fact, claiming to have hacked ORCA might have been a big deal. But it could not have turned the election. Furthermore, ORCA-like systems have been in place for as long as there has been democracy. In recent elections, it has been done with pen and paper, frantic phone calls, "war rooms", preprinted lists and lots of yelling. That's generally what Obama's people were doing on Tuesday. And it's what Romney's people were doing, too. The failure of ORCA just put them back to the same place they were in 2008. It didn't stop them from churning up Republican votes.

This indicates to me that the letter is a hoax. The hoaxer grabbed something in the popular imagination and inserted himself into the story. It's clear the hoaxer did not understand that the ORCA failure was a footnote. Without a very, very detailed understanding of electoral math, nobody could have understood what the system was designed to do. With a very, very detailed understanding of electoral math, one would realize crashing the ORCA system wouldn't matter.

Besides, it's already known that: 1) the volunteers had been given incorrect instructions on how to download and use the app; and 2) the Boston Garden's servers (which had never been tested) regarded the data as a denial-of-service attack and blocked most of it. Neither of those things could have been done by hackers. They were entirely due to errors made by the Romney technical team.
__________________
"I recognize the problem ... but I was sort of hoping that no one would consider the issue important enough to bring up." Jabba


Follow me on Twitter! @LossLeader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 06:44 PM   #270
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher
 
Alferd_Packer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,432
I agree that we should be skeptical of this. let's wait and see. . .
__________________
No laws of physics were broken in the writing of this post
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2012, 07:34 PM   #271
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
It's a good little story. Very interesting, and you introduced it to the thread correctly.


Whether or not it is true is a different story.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 02:17 AM   #272
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
More Voter Fraud Reports

Massive Voter Fraud in Virginia

From: Radio Station, WMAL

Dara Fox, Poll Watcher

Woodbridge, Virginia

"Total voter fraud, rampant..."

"Names incorrect on ID..."

"Saw same person voting twice..."

"Address On ID incorrect"

"Many people could not state their own address..
or their current address"

Poll watchers coaching people as to their address
"Is it such and such a street, and such and such an address?"

"Many could not speak English,
...State your name and address
couldn't ansower becaue of couldn't understand English"

"Many,many times voter already checked off as already having voted."

"300 people still in line."

"Had to be people bussed in or paid to vote."

* * *
Another observer:

"People bussed in , given free pizza and soda and, bags of groceries"

Another caller:

"Stephanie Cutter, (Obama Deputy Campaign Mrg.) warned Dem voters

Not to panic when they saw the numbers because everything is going to be OK."

Translation: Not to worry, the fix is in.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/pol...r-fraud-in-va/

Last edited by Robert Prey; 18th November 2012 at 02:21 AM.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 03:43 AM   #273
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Funky Town (STL, MO)
Posts: 25,167
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Not exactly impartial sources, are they? Do you get your information from anything that isn't right wing propaganda and/or conspiracy theory?
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 05:23 AM   #274
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Voter fraud in Virginia, Robert? Who'd have thunk?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a24_story.html

Quote:
The investigation into the arrest of a man on charges of dumping voter registration forms last month in Harrisonburg, Va., has widened, with state officials probing whether a company tied to top Republican leaders had engaged in voter registration fraud in the key battleground state, according to two persons close to the case.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 05:30 AM   #275
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
MilitaryVote Suppressed?

Voter Fraud Watch: What Happened to Military Ballots in the 2012 Election?

Did Obama's Dept of Defense intentionally suppress Romney voters????

Fox and Friends spoke this morning with former Justice Department official Hans Von Spakovsky who reported a major failure of Dept. of Defense in implementing a state of the art forwarding system. "They failed to use it." Also failed to put in voting assistance offices.
"They have a lot of explaning to do. There was a very, very low turnout amongst military voters ... delays of 15 to 50 days.

A Gallup poll shows 58 percent of veterans prefer Romney, compared to 34 percent who support Obama.


http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/14...on/#more-98786

In the last election,
"McCain, R-Ariz., handily defeated Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., 68 percent to 23 percent in a voluntary survey of 4,293 active-duty, National Guard and reserve subscribers and former subscribers to Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times."

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/1..._poll_100508w/

The pattern emerging across the nation, especially in Swing States, is that Obama won the election by doing it the Chicago way.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 05:47 AM   #276
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,845
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
The pattern emerging across the nation, especially in Swing States, is that Obama won the election by doing it the Chicago way.
No, Robert. Your sources are all simply right-wing nut jobs trying desperately to come to grips with the fact that they lost the election. You have provided absolutely no verifiable evidence of fraud -- only insinuation, supposition, and wacky theories.

And since you continue to spew cherry-picked copypastes without addressing anything said to you in response, is there any point in giving you further attention?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 05:50 AM   #277
jargon buster
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,776
Quote:
A Gallup poll shows 58 percent of veterans prefer Romney, compared to 34 percent who support Obama.
I prefer butter to margarine but seldom eat either.
jargon buster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 06:22 AM   #278
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster
 
Myron Proudfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington DC area.
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
And since you continue to spew cherry-picked copypastes without addressing anything said to you in response, is there any point in giving you further attention?
I vote no.
__________________
InfoWars. Punching logic in the face on a daily basis. (from Facebook)
Myron Proudfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 06:25 AM   #279
Gawdzilla
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy
 
Gawdzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern St. Louis County, Missouri.
Posts: 18,502
Just in case this hasn't been posted yet.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
World War II Diplomatic and Political Resources
Hyperwar, WWII Military History
Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.
Gawdzilla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2012, 07:22 AM   #280
R.A.F.
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Fox and Friends...
No bias there...they are "fair and balanced"...they say so themselves.


Sheesh, Robert...
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2001-2013, James Randi Educational Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.