JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 23rd November 2012, 02:33 PM   #201
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

Originally Posted by James Roger Brown View Post
Please note that "Critical Thinking" is not on the list. A search of the Harvard website for "BA Critical Thinking" also turns up nothing. What is your full name and what year do you claim to have graduated from Harvard with a BA in Critical Thinking so I can contact Harvard Admissions and confirm that you did obtain the degree?
Please note that A) that was obviously intended as a joke, not seriously, and B) I'm still awaiting your response to my very reasonable questions above.
Old 23rd November 2012, 02:47 PM   #202
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

And as always, there's an XKCD for that.

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 03:15 PM   #203
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The_Fire View Post
Of cause they are! Everyone thinks that its the man of the house running things when in reality is those darned lesbians who band together around a common sperm donor. You have to keep the race going SOMEHOW.
Quote:
And now that we got SpermBANKS they dont need that any longer either.
Face it boys: You are about to become obsolete!
Now I'm thinking of a fantastic Bond remake with a large Korean woman named Hand Job...
Old 23rd November 2012, 03:20 PM   #204
JLord
Critical Thinker

Maybe it would be to just concede to Roger that nobody here has any qualifications they are willing to prove and nobody believes your qualifications because they were provided without any proof. Why not just move on to answering some of questions that have been asked regarding your death squad claims and your claim that someone tried to stop your heart? That's what the thread was really about, not discussing people's qualifications.
JLord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 03:40 PM   #205
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Now I'm thinking of a fantastic Bond remake with a large Korean woman named Hand Job...
It could be titled, "Gangnam Style Never Dies" (or perhaps "Gangnam Style Is Not Enough")

Last edited by Wolfman; 23rd November 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Wolfman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:15 PM   #206
TSR
Do you know what this notorious criminal did?

Originally Posted by TheRedWorm View Post
Freelance stopheartpuncher. I wonder if they have classes for that.
That was my minor at the University of Helsinki.
My apologies once again for not being allowed to use the obvious shorthand term for a person who knowingly posts untruths. Apparently someone finds that term uncivil, demonstrated and deserved as it is.
"My family is not my weakness, Max. It's my strength." Vince Faraday aka The Cape
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:28 PM   #207
TSR

Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Okay, I'll list my credentials.

I took my first Bachelors in Critical Thinking from Harvard. My second, in logic, came from Yale. I then transferred to Oxford where I earned a Masters, and of course the premier school for such, the University of Munich awarded me my Doctorate.
According to Global Scholar these are the Harvard degree tracks starting with "c."

Cell/Cellular and Molecular Biology
Cell/Cellular Biology and Histology
Celtic Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Chemistry
City/Urban, Community and Regional Planning
Classical/Ancient Mediterranean/Near Eastern Studies & Archaeology
Classics/Classical Languages, Lit & Linguistics
Communication and Media Studies
Comparative Literature
Computer and Information Sciences
Computer Science
Computer/Info Tech Services Administration & Management

Please note that "Critical Thinking" is not on the list. A search of the Harvard website for "BA Critical Thinking" also turns up nothing. What is your full name and what year do you claim to have graduated from Harvard with a BA in Critical Thinking so I can contact Harvard Admissions and confirm that you did obtain the degree?
Right after you give *me* the full name of Heartstopper and company of which she was 'Head of Security'.

What is that technique called, and how does one practice it without killing ones sparring partner?
My apologies once again for not being allowed to use the obvious shorthand term for a person who knowingly posts untruths. Apparently someone finds that term uncivil, demonstrated and deserved as it is.
"My family is not my weakness, Max. It's my strength." Vince Faraday aka The Cape
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:01 PM   #208
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Right after you give *me* the full name of Heartstopper and company of which she was 'Head of Security'.

What is that technique called, and how does one practice it without killing ones sparring partner?

And while we're at it, how about the name of his Aikido dojo, and his Sensei, since that seems to be the basis of his claim to know about The Real Heart Punch Techniques.

See, I've studied some Aikido, and know a lot of Aikidoka, and don't believe any legitimate Aikido dojo would teach crap like that.

Lots of other crap, sure, but not crap like that.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:18 PM   #209
StankApe
Banned

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
And while we're at it, how about the name of his Aikido dojo, and his Sensei, since that seems to be the basis of his claim to know about The Real Heart Punch Techniques.

See, I've studied some Aikido, and know a lot of Aikidoka, and don't believe any legitimate Aikido dojo would teach crap like that.

"this is an Aikidoka dojo oky dokey?"
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:18 PM   #210
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

We only teach authentic crap.

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:16 PM   #211
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

I must admit to some dawning skepticism about Mr. Brown's credentials as an "expert critical thinker". I presented him with two entirely reasonable challenges, to verify his claims, and while he's responded to others, he's failed to respond to me.

"Perhaps," you might say, "He simple didn't see your post." And that would, indeed, be a reasonable possibility...except for the fact that I also sent him a PM with the full text of my post, asking him specifically to respond to it.

In the spirit of charity, I will choose to assume for the time being that rather than ducking the questions, he is instead doing actual research on the whole "stopping hearts by hitting the chest" thing, in order to present me with a proper critical thinker's response to my very reasonable inquiries.

And in a further demonstration of remaining open to the possibility that he is in fact the "expert critical thinker" that he claims to be, I will further assume that he won't resort to blatant cherry-picking, ignoring the vast amounts of research and information that plainly state that the whole "assassination by making your heart stop with punches to the chest" thing is nonsense, and instead choosing some fringe article with no authority beyond the fact that it happens to agree with his own claims.

In short, I look forward to a well-reasoned and thoughtful response that looks at all the evidence, and presents conclusions based firmly on that evidence, rather than on anecdotes and second-hand claims.

And I'm sure that's why it's taking so long for him to respond.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:22 PM   #212
StankApe
Banned

i suspect he's researching LDS's via the internet video function
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:36 PM   #213
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

Originally Posted by StankApe View Post
i suspect he's researching LDS's via the internet video function
I did a quick Google search of "Lesbian Death Squad" (although it should be noted, as Mr. Brown stated, that he did not claim the woman who tried to assassinate him by stopping his heart was a lesbian, or part of a lesbian death squad), and the top three results lead to this thread.

The majority of the remaining threads tend to refer to death squads who target lesbians and gays...not to lesbians who are killing people.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:42 PM   #214
StankApe
Banned

I need to write the script for LDS and send it to Roger Corman, I could start shooting it in a month!
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:34 PM   #215
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

I need to write the script for LDS and send it to Roger Corman, I could start shooting it in a month!
Let me know if you need a filmeditor......
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:45 PM   #216
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

Make it "lesbian zombie death squads", and I'm in!
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:49 PM   #217
Furi
Felix Sapiens

OT

I haven't been on this site for a few years, just came back on again with a promise not to look at the CT sub forum.

OH THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
I knew I paid my NWO subs for some reason,

How could I not read this thread, it is like putting a sign up saying Wet Paint.

Returning you to your scheduled thread.

Last edited by Furi; 23rd November 2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: I felt the need to be bold
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:51 PM   #218
StankApe
Banned

I was thinking more like this :

"Women on the edge, women in love, trained killers who's desire for blood was only matched by their desire for each other!"

:-)
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:58 PM   #219
Furi
Felix Sapiens

I was thinking more like this :

"Women on the edge, women in love, trained killers who's desire for blood was only matched by their desire for each other!"
SOLD!

This is the 3D Hi def version I take it, with a PC Game License to follow, with a mod kit or DLC Skins (I want Siouxsie, Tilda Swinton, and Jewel Staite skins please).
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:02 PM   #220
Astreja
Springy Goddess

Could I have a cameo appearance, please? I played a homicidal hitchhiker in an acquaintance's school film project (stabbing the {rule 10} out of a foam dummy with a switchblade comb), and have RL experience with both martial arts and sensible shoes.
Astreja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:15 PM   #221
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
...and have RL experience with both martial arts and sensible shoes.
...wait a second...

...a female...

...with martial arts experience...

...where were you in 2007!?! Methinks we've found our assassin.
Old 24th November 2012, 01:06 AM   #222
StankApe
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
...wait a second...

...a female...

...with martial arts experience...

...where were you in 2007!?! Methinks we've found our assassin.
attempted assassin, you don't get to use the full title unless the dude dies
Old 24th November 2012, 01:39 AM   #223
Wolfman
Chief Solipsistic
Autosycophant

attempted assassin, you don't get to use the full title unless the dude dies
Well, we don't know how many other guys she's thumped in the chest...could be hundreds of them, which would give her at least small odds that one of them has actually died as a result.
Old 24th November 2012, 01:51 AM   #224
Duffy Moon
Master Poster

Duffy Moon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 06:34 AM   #225
TSR

And I'm sure that's why it's taking so long for him to respond.
You are? Might I interest you in a bridge I have for sale? Cash only -- small non-consecutive bills, please...
Old 24th November 2012, 07:06 AM   #226
jhunter1163
Beer-swilling semiliterate

Maybe he meant Lebanese Death Squads. I never did trust that Danny Thomas.
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 07:19 AM   #227
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Originally Posted by Duffy Moon View Post
James keeps using that word, I do not think it means what he thinks it means.
Clearly, I can not choose the wine in front of him.
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 11:53 AM   #228
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator

This has got to be one of the funniest threads I have ever read in this forum. Should it not be moved to the humor section?
Old 24th November 2012, 12:08 PM   #229
StankApe
Banned

No, we need to keep it here so the good Dr Brown can locate it at his leisure.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:29 PM   #230
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
This has got to be one of the funniest threads I have ever read in this forum. Should it not be moved to the humor section?

Which is exactly why it shouldn't be moved to humor.

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 01:11 PM   #231
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Great Scott!

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 03:04 PM   #232
Jim_MDP
Illuminator

His CV tops out at an ABD, so... no doctorate.

Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 05:12 PM   #233
Duffy Moon
Master Poster

Duffy Moon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2012, 05:29 PM   #234
Duffy Moon
Master Poster

Last edited by Duffy Moon; 24th November 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 24th November 2012, 06:22 PM   #235
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Man, they really sold out for this one! A complete betrayal of the Lesbian Death Squad series!
Old 25th November 2012, 05:19 AM   #236
squealpiggy
Graduate Poster

I've trained in Aikido as well. There's very little striking and none of the striking there is involved a punch-to-the-heart-to-stop-it. There's a lot of martial arts woo around and even people who believe in non-touch-strikes don't believe there is a real life punch-to-the-heart-to-stop-it. Honestly. Struck through the heart. And you're to blame. You gave love...

A bad name.

Make it "lesbian zombie death squads", and I'm in!
How about Lesbian Death Squad versus Zombies? Troma are working on a script as we speak!
squealpiggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2012, 07:01 AM   #237
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
How about Lesbian Death Squad versus Zombies? Troma are working on a script as we speak!

Surely it would have to be "Zombies vs. Lesbian Death Squads", right? Making the LDSes the heroes would be UnAmerican!
Old 25th November 2012, 11:47 AM   #238
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Well, I guess LDS does bring a new meaning to the euphemism 'wet work'.
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2012, 01:12 PM   #239
BStrong
Philosopher

Since "Hans" extended and invitation for me the respond, I will. To solve the mystery of how I can talk about death squads and still be alive, it is because I have survived eight attempts to kill me. The most recent in November 2007 when a martial arts trained woman ambushed me in a parking lot with two blows to my heart that were supposed to stop it. All she managed to do was bruise my heart and put me in the hospital for three days until my heart enzymes returned to normal. I am an intelligence collection and analysis methodologist. Not only am I still alive, but no one has ever been killed relying on my work since I started in 1978. I developed the most advanced intelligence analysis methodology that currently exists and the most advanced criminal investigation methodology.

With regard to the other posts on this thread, for a purported society of skeptics, there is not a single post that contains a formal inductive or deductive argument. I seriously doubt any of you would recognize one if you saw it. James Randi would probably be embarrassed to learn a page associated with his name contained cheap flaming posts.

The gentleman who did not even listen to what I had to say missed the reason I was talking about death squads. I was warning listeners that legislation needed to be enacted at the State level to prohibit the operation of death squads in the State. There are three types of death squads, two of which are already operating in the United States and the third type will begin operating in the near future. If you think it is not possible, ask the citizens of Argentina, Greece, Chile, Brazil, Cambodia, and South Africa what they think about the possibility.

I dealt with rooms full of students with no critical thinking skills all the time I taught at the college level. I wrote a book titled "The Essential Skills of Critical Thinking" to address their reasoning deficiencies. It specifically addresses how to avoid the use of logical fallacies. Many of the posts on this page contain at least one logical fallacy. If you have any additional valid questions that involve reasoning and not flaming, I will attempt to set the record straight.
I'll play along.

Anyone that claims eight serious attempts on their life will have medical/legal/media documentation of same.

Please post links to same and we can go from there.

Personally, I think you're a nut with an agenda, but I'n willing to listen and retract my statement in the face of evidence.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2012, 01:31 PM   #240
JLord
Critical Thinker

He already said he couldn't post any details of the other assassination attempts because it would potentially put people's lives in danger.
JLord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories