JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags bigfoot

Old 3rd January 2013, 05:42 AM   #841
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Maybe ole Mr Bill Munns will be heading up the special effects department for the footers, he could use some holiday meat leftovers for the guts.
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2013, 07:06 AM   #842
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Apparently there's to be a "three hour documentary."
http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/...1.html#moretop

Can you say Alien Autop$y?
Or the mermaid mockumentary.
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:52 PM   #843
HarryHenderson
Muse

Oh my, looks like the party might just about be over. Appears the demise of Popular Bigfooting is now officially underway. Spike TV is offering a 10 MILLION DOLLAR CASH PRIZE to the potential winning team on a search-for-proof-of-Bigfoot reality series called 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty. They will follow around 'teams' of believer scientists, zoologists, trackers, Bigfoot hunters and wannabes as they attempt to find irrefutable 'proof' (a body, some parts, dental x-rays, etc.) of Bigfoot. Wow!

Spike TV is pure ******* genius on this one. The real-world 'winning prize' is just too great to ignore, for anyone really, but especially for any serious bleever. Of course Lloyd's of London hasn't actually put even a single dollar at risk on this. Again, genius! Even better for Spike, the main contestants are probably not gonna be paid any kind of wages (beyond a per diem). Which is likely not true with Moneymaker et al on FBf. In fact, Moneymaker has probably made a little money from FBf, but be assured it's not been anywhere near $10 million. Yet, I'll bet serious real-world money he doesn't want to be anywhere near this new show, no matter the prize. Meldrum either (and a few others).
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2013, 08:22 AM   #844
JLord
Critical Thinker

Over the holidays I was watching a lot of hockey and right next to the sports channel on my tv there was a channel running a marathon showing of bigfoot hunter shows. I flipped to it at a random time to see what it was about and a guy was just coming out of the woods after looking for bigfoots.

He said "Man is it ever squatchy in there. It is really squatchy. I mean if you stayed in those woods for a week you wouldn't be able to avoid a bigfoot encounter if you tried."

Someone asks "how long did you stay?"

"Oh, I stayed one night, but man was it ever squatchy in there."

I thought, so here is a guy on a bigfoot hunting tv show who has camera equipment, infrared, night vision, etc., with a stated goal of finding bigfoot. He has identified a course of action (staying in these woods for a week) which he believes has a 100% chance of resulting in a bigfoot encounter. Yet, he just leaves it alone and goes home after one night.

I went back to hockey at that point.
JLord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2013, 11:05 AM   #845
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by captain koolaid View Post
So, they just sat around their Bigfoot in a Box and waited for the Bigfoot MIB to descend upon the scene to enforce "Geneva Convention" rules... or something. Bigfoot's scarpered and all the "evidence" has been destroyed, by the NSA Sasquatch Super Secret Service Subdivision... or something. They should have gone with the Bigfoot Breakout angle. The potential for Bigfoot Jack In The Box hilarity would have been worth it. Instead we get the lame CIA stuff. Come on, these guys know that the MIB are always jonesing to cover up Bigfoot and use their flashy things on witnesses, yet they lounged around and basically called the CIA. Everyone knows that Footers tweets are being monitored 24/7, right? So, instead of calling the local TV station and taking pictures, or, anything really, they called Black Helicopters R US. Dumbasses. No wonder the Aliens never bother them. It would be like booking a ticket straight to Area 51.
I wonder. Which part of the Geneva Conventions covers captive non-existent primates.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2013, 11:13 AM   #846
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JLord View Post
Over the holidays I was watching a lot of hockey and right next to the sports channel on my tv there was a channel running a marathon showing of bigfoot hunter shows. I flipped to it at a random time to see what it was about and a guy was just coming out of the woods after looking for bigfoots.

He said "Man is it ever squatchy in there. It is really squatchy. I mean if you stayed in those woods for a week you wouldn't be able to avoid a bigfoot encounter if you tried."

Someone asks "how long did you stay?"

"Oh, I stayed one night, but man was it ever squatchy in there."

I thought, so here is a guy on a bigfoot hunting tv show who has camera equipment, infrared, night vision, etc., with a stated goal of finding bigfoot. He has identified a course of action (staying in these woods for a week) which he believes has a 100% chance of resulting in a bigfoot encounter. Yet, he just leaves it alone and goes home after one night.

"Oh, man. Was that ever dangerous! I might've proved bigfoot existed and put myself out of work! Thankfully, we were able to pull defeat from the jaws of victory."
Mister Earl is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2013, 04:35 PM   #847
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Originally Posted by JLord View Post

Did you feel your intelligence getting sucked from ya? it's good thing you went back to hockey, I bet you saved your IQ level ~
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2013, 05:37 PM   #848
StankApe
Banned

Waddya talkin aboot? Bigfoot loves hockey!!

Last edited by LashL; 7th January 2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Removed image re: copyright.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2013, 07:51 PM   #849
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

I bet ya BF was a big Bobby Orr fan back in the day, he seems to be an ok guy, in fact I bet he would be pretty dam upset if he knew what was going on with those using him as a tool.
Old 6th January 2013, 05:26 PM   #850
AttorneyTom
Muse

Never mind hockey, eh ? Daisy is big into The Roller Derby, Yah ?

This would explain why the Team had to follow wheel tracks in the dirt to find her instead of actual footprints !

Last edited by AttorneyTom; 6th January 2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Eh ?
AttorneyTom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2013, 08:37 PM   #851
Jodie
Master Poster

I just happened to run across a reference to the Original 6, it used to be a hockey team, they can't even come up with an original name.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:34 AM   #852
HarryHenderson
Muse

I mean, sure, we can discuss the color of Meldrum's sneakers before and after the Suspicious Dog Poop incident of the '03 PanAmerican Bigfoot Roundup 'til the cows came home, but that's cause it's important Bigfooty stuff. Hey, I can't even wait until we get into the next serious discussion of, say, how obsolete 1967 film canisters were obtained by a 'really squatchy' dead guy with a fake ID the previous year. You know, <cough> really interesting **** like that. But real money and its significance? **** that ****! And real 10 MILLION DOLLAR Bigfoot bounties? Fuhget about it!

Now back to the riveting half-baked hockey discussion in the Bigfoot follies thread.

<shaking head>
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2013, 01:58 AM   #853
jerrywayne
Muse

The first new book of the year about Bigfoot. Noel's book will include several controversial issues, presented as fact. For instance, he will endorse a recent story involving R. Dyer, of the dead, frozen Georgia Bigfoot hoax, in which Dyer is purported to have shot and killed a Bigfoot outside of San Antonio, Texas! The event just happened to coincide with a British film crew filming a documentary about Dyer.

(Why San Antonio, you ask? Well, a couple of years ago a homeless fellow phoned 911 about some Big Fellow who walked by a Hooverville carrying a dead deer. Authorities investigated and found nothing. It made the news, though. Now the area is a "hotspot.")

http://www.amazon.com/Sasquatch-Risi...ch+rising+2013
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2013, 04:17 PM   #854
jerrywayne
Muse

It appears that the definitive proof is at hand. (Wonder if Meldrum ever gets tired.)

http://bigfoot.ning.com/profiles/blo...ude-dr-meldrum
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2013, 04:21 PM   #855
River
Illuminator

HABITUATING BIGFOOT: The elite bigfooters.

Quote:
Hi, I'm a late 40's early 50s female and I've been having these experiences. I really am desperate for attention, and my imagination is off the charts! Please, someone play house with me.

It must be real. People report seeing them.
Old 7th January 2013, 04:36 PM   #856
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
It appears that the definitive proof is at hand. (Wonder if Meldrum ever gets tired.)

http://bigfoot.ning.com/profiles/blo...ude-dr-meldrum
What a line up, I'll call them "Team Truth"

Dr. Jeff Meldrum
Kathy Strain
Melissa Hovey
Abe Del Rio
Steve Kulls
Old 7th January 2013, 04:51 PM   #857
Jodie
Master Poster

I know 3 of them are outright liars, can't speak for the other two. What the hay is there to investigate anyway? I thought they let Miss Daisie go and destroyed all of the "evidence".
Old 7th January 2013, 05:08 PM   #858
jerrywayne
Muse

I guess Morgan Freeman is getting only a cameo this time.
Old 7th January 2013, 05:17 PM   #859
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I know 3 of them are outright liars, can't speak for the other two. What the hay is there to investigate anyway? I thought they let Miss Daisie go and destroyed all of the "evidence".
Well as we pretty much know they ain't looking for evidence, there is still some time in the spotlight and possibly a few bucks to be made from it, Team Truth is going in to keep the BF train rolling.
Old 7th January 2013, 06:06 PM   #860
Night Walker
Thinker

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
I guess Morgan Freeman is getting only a cameo this time.
Unless they get Morgan Freeman to do the commentary for the upcoming docu-drama. That would be cool...

Night Walker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2013, 07:19 PM   #861
AttorneyTom
Muse

I can see.. no.. hear it now.... " Miss Daisy.. now please put that roller skate down. I would never take a can of salmon out of that there pantry without you saying it was so no maam ...."
AttorneyTom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2013, 07:36 PM   #862
wickie
Student

Originally Posted by Night Walker View Post
Unless they get Morgan Freeman to do the commentary for the upcoming docu-drama. That would be cool...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6606/morganfreemand.jpg
Dude, that's classic!
wickie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 05:53 AM   #863
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

So according to Ketchup, 2013 is going to be the "Year of the Sasquatch." Then there's the award winning Sasquatch Rising 2013 where it is alleged that the Sykes sample will back up Ketchup's findings. Then there's the jiving Miss Daisy Bigfoot in a box boys . . . Is this going to be some sort of super-hoax with disparate footie profiteers joining forces for an all out assault on the credules?
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 10:16 AM   #864
calwaterbear
Thinker

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I just happened to run across a reference to the Original 6, it used to be a hockey team, they can't even come up with an original name.
actually the original 6 is the collective name of the 6 teams who originally formed the NHL:
Montreal, Toronto, New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago (I think I have thatright, I'm going off my memory, and I'm an old decrepit guy!
calwaterbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 11:03 AM   #865
Drewbot
Illuminator

Yes, that is the Original Six.
Drewbot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 12:10 PM   #866
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by calwaterbear View Post
actually the original 6 is the collective name of the 6 teams who originally formed the NHL:
Montreal, Toronto, New York, Boston, Detroit, Chicago (I think I have thatright, I'm going off my memory, and I'm an old decrepit guy!
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Yes, that is the Original Six.
As long as you're talking NY Rangers, not Islanders.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 12:50 PM   #867
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Slocie's View Post
What a line up, I'll call them "Team Truth"

Dr. Jeff Meldrum
Kathy Strain
Melissa Hovey
Abe Del Rio
Steve Kulls
These are 5 people "Daisy" should try to stay away from.
Old 8th January 2013, 01:41 PM   #868
MikeG
Philosopher

I YOU had a bigfoot in a cage, would you wait a couple of weeks to assemble an "expert" committee to confirm that you indeed had a bigfoot in a cage?

Wouldn't you ring the local university, ring the local TV station, and agree to meet together at the cage? Within 24 hours it would be job done. Wouldn't it?

Unless you are beset with a committee-forming fetish, it really doesn't seem like the sort of thing anyone would do in the claimed circumstances.

Mike
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 01:55 PM   #869
parnassus
Master Poster

Not saying the person who came up with this is nuts, but if the "box" is still around when the "committee" visits, they should use it ON HIM.

My prediction: obviously there will be no bigfoot. That's easy to explain: escape/release. But the larger question will be, how about gathering his/her feces, hair, blood, vomitus, saliva, as well as images/video and trackway.

Basically, to explain the absence of all this other evidence, there must be no bigfoot but there must also be no box.

Sorry, "died in a fire" is probably too trite, and wouldn't explain it all. But "Men in Black?" yes, I think that is the ticket. MIB swooped in and took everything. Daisy, box, computer, cameras, specimens, even obliterated the tracks.
Everything but the smell. oh, wait, is that you, Ed?

End of story.
Old 8th January 2013, 03:57 PM   #870
RayG
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Wouldn't you ring the local university, ring the local TV station, and agree to meet together at the cage? Within 24 hours it would be job done. Wouldn't it?
Yes, but that's not how you DO bigfoot science.

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 04:28 PM   #871
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Mike

Slow down there a little, don't want to close the deal too fast, it takes time to work out a good BF gag, you have to let this kind of stuff bleed a little and get back more than what you put into it, just calling up some non footer or footers is letting cash out of the box way to soon, there are lectures and books in the future, maybe some air time and a few quality conferences with some dough to be made.

Think like a footer, not like it really happened.
Old 8th January 2013, 04:32 PM   #872
jerrywayne
Muse

I YOU had a bigfoot in a cage, would you wait a couple of weeks to assemble an "expert" committee to confirm that you indeed had a bigfoot in a cage?

Unless you are beset with a committee-forming fetish, it really doesn't seem like the sort of thing anyone would do in the claimed circumstances.

Mike
That is pretty much the tell-tale sign. If your group had captured Bigfoot, you would notify the appropriate "secular" authorities and make history. Here, you have Bigfoot enthusiasts seeking out Bigfoot enthusiasts. Unless they are just showing appreciation for the advocacy of Meldrum and the rest, they are "bridging" their info with those wanting to believe them, predisposed to accept less definitive evidence.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:14 PM   #873
jerrywayne
Muse

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
So according to Ketchup, 2013 is going to be the "Year of the Sasquatch." Then there's the award winning Sasquatch Rising 2013 where it is alleged that the Sykes sample will back up Ketchup's findings. Then there's the jiving Miss Daisy Bigfoot in a box boys . . . Is this going to be some sort of super-hoax with disparate footie profiteers joining forces for an all out assault on the credules?
Yes, let's catalog the various events that Bigfooters tell us will finally have us miserable skeptics eating crow, as Bigfoot is revealed to the world.
(In no special order.)

A book detailing a hunter's (Smeja) killing of two Bigfoot, adult and juvenile, and evidence found by the Olympic Project. Unclear now whether or not the hunter's Bigfoot samples will be shown Bigfoot by DNA evidence.

A research group has recently captured a Bigfoot alive (it is now ailing, though), and will reveal this specimen after pre-planned activities. Planned first, a bridging conference with Bigfoot experts who believe Bigfoot is a species of ape.

Former police officer previously involved in a Bigfoot hoax, has shot and killed a Bigfoot in Texas and the event was filmed and will be included in a forthcoming British documentary. Not known whether or not if this Bigfoot is a human or an ape.

A research group has found a pod of Wood Apes (Bigfoot) in Oklahoma and have drawn them in on occasion, with the goal shooting one. This resarch group is hunting new type apes.

A new book has been published that takes for granted that some people are habituating Bigfoot in the hinterland, that Ketchum's and Syke's DNA research will both support Bigfoot's existence, and Bigfoot is a branching Homo.

A researcher has purchased and helped facilitate work at a habituation sight in Kentucky. He has clear, unambiguous video of at least one Bigfoot, and probably more, looking like Star Wars creatures while carrying Homo genes, and all this info will be released once Ketchum's DNA paper is published.

Various research groups have tons of withheld videos and other evidence and are waiting for the right time to release this important info.

And the Ketchum DNA paper will be released and it will show that Bigfoot do exist and they are human/unknown-primate hybrids.

Nothing like this perfect storm of Bigfoot fever and promised Bigfoot verification has occurred before. It will be the Year of Bigfoot! Or the Year of Widely Discredited Bigfootery.

Can't wait to see how it all shakes out. Just wish the mainstream was more aware, so the Bigfooter's can't sweep it all under the rug if it all goes bad.
Old 8th January 2013, 06:52 PM   #874
The Shrike
Master Poster

It's 2013. If anyone actually had a bigfoot (alive or dead), the rest of the world would know about it in minutes.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2013, 06:52 PM   #875
parnassus
Master Poster

JW,
you might want to make another list: this one of people who WILL make money off "bigfoot," regardless of the failure of every single thing on your first list.
Old 8th January 2013, 07:15 PM   #876
AttorneyTom
Muse

You know.. what happens under the "big top" (cue circus music please.. thanks..). Must stay under the "big top" ? (end circus tune.. thanks again).

There is a reason why a Zagnut Bar contains plenty of nuts and also that chewy stuff ?

Carry on.
Old 9th January 2013, 04:49 AM   #877
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
It's 2013. If anyone actually had a bigfoot (alive or dead), the rest of the world would know about it in minutes.
Yes, that seems obvious, yet . . . there is this one cross-section of humanity that will shrug and be ready to buy into the next steaming pile. I used to think that paranormal enthusiasts were the best examples of Randi's "unsinkable rubber duck" but no longer. No, it's these folks; they want Box Daisy to be real so bad, I think it causes them physical pain. But when yet another footie failure comes to fruition, they'll be lined up to be spoonfed the next pablum.
Old 9th January 2013, 05:47 AM   #878
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

You can take and post a good resolution picture pretty much instantly these days. Certainly can be posted within minutes. Seems like it would be very difficult for MIB to prevent a picture of bigfoot from being broadcast.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2013, 06:08 AM   #879
The Shrike
Master Poster

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Seems like it would be very difficult for MIB to prevent a picture of bigfoot from being broadcast.
These MIB conspiracies are so funny. If the gov't was actually any good at controlling information then politicians wouldn't be spending time and effort on damage control regarding issues of economic policy, national security, etc. That kind of stuff really matters and we can't control it. Bigfoot matters little but those MIBs swoop in to snuff out any information about before someone invests the 10 seconds it would take to post a photo of a such a thing to Instagram? Riiiiiiiight.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2013, 09:07 AM   #880
rockinkt
Muse

Surreptitious video exposing MIB (well, at least two of them are in black) trying to "fit in".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5N35kQAPv0

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal