IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags judy wood , morgan reynolds , space beams

Old 19th October 2006, 08:21 AM   #1
TruthSeeker1234
Banned

Star Wars Beam Weapon and the WTC Bathtub

http://janedoe0911.tripod.com/StarWarsBeam1.html

Drs. Wood and Reynolds complete their thesis in public view. They note that the Kingdome demolition created a 2.3 richter earthquake, and point out that WTC had many times the PE, and should have caused a much larger earthquake than the 2.3, and 2.1 quakes that were actually measured.

The foundation of the WTC (the "bathtub") was not damaged.

This is strong evidence for the near total disintegration of the towers before they hit the ground. They caclulate how much dust should be produced, and present lots of photographic evidence of disintegration.

Also shown are many difficult-to-explain phenomena, such as the toasted cars, and blown out windows.

I eagerly await any "debunking".

Last edited by TruthSeeker1234; 19th October 2006 at 08:24 AM.
TruthSeeker1234 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:22 AM   #2
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Well, I eagerly await anything to bunk besides a personal opinion and argument from ignorance.
Old 19th October 2006, 08:25 AM   #3
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Killtown, 'zat you?
Old 19th October 2006, 08:26 AM   #4
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TruthSeeker1234 View Post
http://janedoe0911.tripod.com/StarWarsBeam1.html

Drs. Wood and Reynolds complete their thesis in public view. They note that the Kingdome demolition created a 2.3 richter earthquake, and point out that WTC had many times the PE, and should have caused a much larger earthquake than the 2.3, and 2.1 quakes that were actually measured.

This is strong evidence for the near total disintegration of the towers before they hit the ground. They caclulate how much dust should be produced, and present lots of photographic evidence of disintegration.

Also shown are many difficult-to-explain phenomena, such as the toasted cars.

I eagerly await any "debunking".
You know, it's pretty bloody impossible for them to hit the ground intact....unless you imagine them being lifted by some incredible lifting ray traction beam thingy and then dropped from a great height.

Still, there is always the possibility that jesus walked amongst the mayans.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:26 AM   #5
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Killtown, 'zat you?
No, Truthseeker's just as nutty, but not (quite) as openly juvenile.
Old 19th October 2006, 08:28 AM   #6
bjb
Graduate Poster

So it was a controlled thermite demolition AND a beam weapon attack? And there were no planes and all of the videos were fakes?
bjb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:28 AM   #7
ImaginalDisc
Penultimate Amazing

I'll let more knowledgeable and dedicated skeptics tackle the rest of this nonsense, but this one bit I have to comment on.

Also shown are many difficult-to-explain phenomena, such as the toasted cars, and blown out windows.
Two flaming 110 storey tall buildings fall and you think fire damaged cars constitute a mystery?
ImaginalDisc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:29 AM   #8
uk_dave
Philosopher

Is it really true that judy wood spent 6 years in a coma?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:30 AM   #9
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
And if it isn't, can we make it true now?

[before anyone takes this out of context, it's a freaking joke, people. Lighten up]
Old 19th October 2006, 08:34 AM   #10
Crungy
Critical Thinker

Anyone else besides me think that Dr. Wood is one sexy momma?

Isn't Morgan Reynolds a "no planer"?
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:35 AM   #11
Dog Town
Banned

Yes, and we have no proof she has really come out of it. This is by far the dumbest CT, I've heard yet, well...almost!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:37 AM   #12
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Why are you writing in the past tense?
Old 19th October 2006, 08:40 AM   #13
kevin
Graduate Poster

just some random questions:

Would the geology of the areas impacted affect the richter reading? Is this analyzed at all?

Richter is a peak reading, if it the peak were held longer during the WTC collapse would the same amount of energy be dissipated as a higher peak in a shorter time?

Did they calculate the loss of energy that went into destroying the building instead of the ground? In a CD (i.e. the King Dome) more energy goes into the ground because not as much is needed to destroy the building itself.
kevin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:42 AM   #14
FramerDave
Muse

Ok, I really don't have the time or desire to wade through the entire bloody thing. But a few things that immediately jump out at me:

Figure 14 and 15. WTC station and platform before the event, and on 11/23/03. What is this supposed to show? It took a couple years and probably quite a few million dollars to get the stations open again.

Figure 13: WTC Station Platform after the event; this PATH train wasn't crushed. Again, so what?

Figure 22: Warner Bros. Store in the mall under where WTC2 "fell"
That's not a photo of the store, it's a storage room where much of what remained after the collapse is stored. An error at best, deliberately misleading at worst.

Figure 23: Roadrunner survived! See above. And so? Do they really think that every single object was turned to dust?

God, I can't even go further, much less look at the Satr Wars beam crap. My head hurts looking at so much stupid.

Last edited by FramerDave; 19th October 2006 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typo
FramerDave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 08:53 AM   #15
Blutarsky
Critical Thinker

I love the fact that there is nothing under the subheading of "Conclusions." It speaks volumes...

I noticed the infamous "billiard ball" page was linked to. Was this tripe written by the same person who didn't understand the difference between elastic and inelastic collisions in momentum equations?

Last edited by Blutarsky; 19th October 2006 at 08:57 AM.
Blutarsky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:00 AM   #16
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
I love the fact that there is nothing under the subheading of "Conclusions." It speaks volumes...

I noticed the infamous "billiard ball" page was linked to. Was this tripe written by the same person who didn't understand the difference between elastic and inelastic collisions in momentum equations?
Well, that's it for me then. I'm not gonna read all this drivel, and thought of only reading the conclusion. Well, appearantly, there is nothing to conclude from all this.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:02 AM   #17
Blutarsky
Critical Thinker

If this is the same person who drafted the "billiard ball" website I have no need to read on, just as if someone created a site that purported to have evidence that the Amish were behind 9/11.
Blutarsky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:03 AM   #18
Overman
Master Poster

Star warz beam weapons do not yet exist on that scale.

Debunked.
Overman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:05 AM   #19
Augustine
Muse

Dr. Wood's area of expertise is moire interferometry, an optical method of measuring surface strains. She is so far out of her field as to be laughable. Dr. Reynolds is an economist! His ability to speak intelligently or coherently on building collapse and the mechanics involved is on a par with the fellow who set fire to his rabbit cage.

The only event this paper is evidence of is academics straying way WAY out of their lane and appealing to their PhD (in entirely unrelated fields) to lend weight to their mindless blatherings.
Augustine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:05 AM   #20
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Overman View Post
Star warz beam weapons do not yet exist on that scale.
Despite PNAC getting their "New Pearl Harbor." What's the hold-up?
Old 19th October 2006, 09:06 AM   #21
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by bjb View Post
So it was a controlled thermite demolition AND a beam weapon attack? And there were no planes and all of the videos were fakes?
Don't forget the invisible Black helicopters. (NEVER forget the invisible Black helicopters!!!!) (That's how they got Bob - the sub-genius - he forgot!)
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:08 AM   #22
fuelair
Banned

Is it really true that "judy" got wood for six years while in a comma?
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:09 AM   #23
Blutarsky
Critical Thinker

Quote:
No. They're eating one another now. She thinks that Jones is just too crazy in asserting Thermite was involved. She says that explosives + the death star were used. Thermite was just too preposterous for her, so she decided that after the gubment was done destroying Alderan, that they needed a new target.

Last edited by Blutarsky; 19th October 2006 at 09:11 AM. Reason: misquote
Old 19th October 2006, 09:12 AM   #24
Beleth
FAQ Creator

This is strong evidence for the near total disintegration of the towers before they hit the ground.
Doesn't the official version of the collapse also describe a situation where the buildings would mostly be rubble by the time they hit the ground?
Old 19th October 2006, 09:15 AM   #25
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

On the plus side, we now have the phasers finished for when we get the Enterprise working. TS1234, how's the work on the tractor beam coming? Also, have you figured out how to sustain a stable warp field?

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:16 AM   #26
jujigatami
Thinker

Dammit,

All of this is because of me.

When I was there on 9/11 I had one of these with me:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/products...ontent=extreme

That must be what Woods is referring to, right?
jujigatami is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:19 AM   #27
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
I love the fact that there is nothing under the subheading of "Conclusions."
Sure there is:

I'm sure there's a hidden message in this image that brings it all together. I'm going to go stare at it for a few hours until I understand what it means.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:19 AM   #28
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by jujigatami View Post
Love this testimonial on that site:
Quote:
i bought a 125mw laser and was able to burn through a 1-inch thick cotten rope. Then, I lit a match with it; that was the ultimate cool! I recommend spending the extra money and buying this model unless you have small children.
Price of 125mw laser: $499.99. Use the striker on the back of the matchbook, dude!
Old 19th October 2006, 09:21 AM   #29
Blutarsky
Critical Thinker

I did them one better. I actually found the blueprint of the dastardly device:

Old 19th October 2006, 09:22 AM   #30
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Sure there is:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...w/Image199.jpg

I'm sure there's a hidden message in this image that brings it all together. I'm going to go stare at it for a few hours until I understand what it means.
Check the "second plane at Shanksville thread." TC and Killtown think the company that makes Wrangler Jeans was in on it.
Old 19th October 2006, 09:22 AM   #31
jujigatami
Thinker

Love this testimonial on that site:
Price of 125mw laser: $499.99. Use the striker on the back of the matchbook, dude!
Yeah, thats probably the funniest thing about that site. No one in any of the reviews has an acutal use for these lasers.

Of course, I do want one.
jujigatami is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:23 AM   #32
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Sure there is:

Levi Strauss was Jewish
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:27 AM   #33
Ersby
Fortean

Is this a joke? Can anyone explain the Levi's shop under "conclusions" on page six?

Hmm, I'm too slow.

Last edited by Ersby; 19th October 2006 at 09:29 AM.
Ersby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:27 AM   #34
Overman
Master Poster

Despite PNAC getting their "New Pearl Harbor." What's the hold-up?
[heavy breathing voice]

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

[/heaving breathing voice]
Overman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:30 AM   #35
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

This is strong evidence for the near total disintegration of the towers before they hit the ground.
Transcript, 9/10/01 NSA.

POTUS: As you can see, we plan to use our "LASER" fired from what I have decided to call our "DEATH STAR" to completely demolish two buildings in New York. Now, we will use the chaos that follows to seize the Middle-East's oil and make . . . . a billion dollars.

SECDEF: But won't people notice a death beam knocking down buildings?

POTUS: That is the beauty of this plan. The beam is completely invisible. We will simultaneously hijack two of our own planes and crash duplicates of them into the tower at precisely the same instant that the beam hits, causing people to believe that the massive collision and resulting, uncontrolled fires actually causes the buildings to collapse. We will blame the hijackers for the mess and use it as a pretext for our plans.

VPOTUS: Um. Wouldn't just hitting the buildings with the planes or missiles actually cause a huge amount of damage, even without this . . . er-

POTUS: "LASER"

VPOTUS: Yeah, sure. Even without this beam, wouldn't the collision and fire kill a lot of people?

POTUS: Well, yes.

VPOTUS: I mean, wouldn't that be enough for our purposes, even if the buildings don't actually fall down -- although they might.

POTUS: Well, yes.

SECDEF: So adding this laser thing doesn't actually do anything for us?

POTUS: . . .

SECDEF: And if it is essentially undetectable, wouldn't it just be easier to use it on our enemies?

POTUS: But it is shiny. Cheney, kill him.

[loud noise]

SECDEF: Gaaaaarrh.

[undetermined thump noise]

POTUS: Very good.

SECDEF: I'm not actually dead.

SECDEF: He's only managed to wound me with bird shot.

SECDEF: This is quite painful, but I should survive with prompt medical attention.

VPOTUS: Oh, who cares. Let's just do it so I can get more oil money in a mysterious fashion that we'll work out later.

POTUS: Very well. It is all very simple, gentlemen.

NATSECADV: Sure. All we do is find a number of men that can be easily blamed as foreign terrorists and buy them one way plane tickets for tomorrow morning, then we send out teams to make them disappear and leave suicide notes and video tapes from people cleverly disguised to mimic them. Our own men will then hijack 4 planes and divert them to Pennsylvania, where the passengers will be killed and disposed of by our unquestioning minions. Duplicate images of those planes will be created from missiles that will be fired by military jets, striking the twin towers just before we use our "LASER" to disintegrate the buildings. A third duplicate plane missile will be fired into the Pentagon, while we will stage the crash of the fourth plane in a field, scattering remains and personal affects of the passengers from one of the planes that we will take from them and transfer to the location with a team of men in time to plant them and leave before emergency help arrives. We will, by taking the passenger list of that plane and verifying that they actually made the flight, then use computer simulations of their voices that are capable of fooling their own family members to mimic calls to their loved ones, creating additional pathos. While we will choose men from Saudi Arabia as our patsies, we will nevertheless use them as a pretext for invading Iraq.

VPOTUS: . . .

POTUS: Well, sure. It sounds silly when you say it.

Last edited by NoZed Avenger; 19th October 2006 at 09:33 AM.
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:32 AM   #36
Blutarsky
Critical Thinker

Maybe I was wrong. It wasn't the Death Star at all, it was the Alan Parsons Project.

Last edited by Blutarsky; 19th October 2006 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 19th October 2006, 09:34 AM   #37
Crungy
Critical Thinker

Sure there is:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...t=66290&page=8

Quote:
a Dassault Falcon 20 business jet owned by the VF Corp. of Greensboro, N.C., an apparel company that markets Wrangler jeans and other brands. The VF plane was flying into Johnstown-Cambria airport, 20 miles north of Shanksville.
This photo is the smoking gun that proves without any doubt that Wrangler jeans was behind 9/11!
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:34 AM   #38
TruthSeeker1234
Banned

Originally Posted by ImaginalDisc View Post

Two flaming 110 storey tall buildings fall and you think fire damaged cars constitute a mystery?
Yes. No rubble, yet toasted cars. Cars half toasted, half pristine. Spontaneoulsy exploding car engines (not gas tanks). Firetruck burned out and windows broken but otherwise undamaged.

Yes, very hard for me to understand, do take a try a explaining how a flaming building falls and accomplishes this stuff.
TruthSeeker1234 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2006, 09:36 AM   #39
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Yes. No rubble, yet toasted cars. Cars half toasted, half pristine. Spontaneoulsy exploding car engines (not gas tanks). Firetruck burned out and windows broken but otherwise undamaged.

Yes, very hard for me to understand, do take a try a explaining how a flaming building falls and accomplishes this stuff.
No rubble! Spontaneously exploding car engines! Oh, TS, you slay me!
Old 19th October 2006, 09:39 AM   #40
TruthSeeker1234
Banned

Originally Posted by Beleth View Post
Doesn't the official version of the collapse also describe a situation where the buildings would mostly be rubble by the time they hit the ground?
One of the problems is that there is no significant rubble at WTC. About 20% of the steel, and about 1% (at most) of the concrete.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories