IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags osama bin laden , suzanne jovin , killtown , 911 conspiracy theory

Old 17th January 2007, 04:52 PM   #41
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Many Twoofers consider Killtown to be "disinfo."

When your fellow kooks think you're too kooky to be a real kook.....damn.
Well... just about every Truther is considered to be a disinfo agent by some other Truther. It's like some weird application of general relativity.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 07:03 PM   #42
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

In the comments section of the wikipedkia article:

Quote:
Members of the JREF Forum http://www.internationalskeptics.com...77#post2265877 are trying to delete the fact that subject of Jovin's thesis was Osama bin Laden. This fact is well-documented and is central to the case. Van de Velde's area of expertise is Al Qaida.
Old 17th January 2007, 09:15 PM   #43
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

It's a sick version of "seven degrees of Kevin Bacon" with him, isn't it?
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2007, 10:30 PM   #44
Arus808
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Anti-sophist View Post
In the comments section of the wikipedkia article:
you can make a comment about that hte article should remain neutral. any "speculation" to the reprot other than that it was just ar eport on obl, is just that...and does not belong in the wikipedia article.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 01:16 PM   #45
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post
you can make a comment about that hte article should remain neutral. any "speculation" to the reprot other than that it was just ar eport on obl, is just that...and does not belong in the wikipedia article.
I keep an eye on this wiki entry and delete his BS
if he tries to add his unproven lies again...
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 01:27 PM   #46
Arus808
Philosopher

well for now, the entire reference to JREF has been deleted from both the article and the discussion page.

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:03 PM   #47
MG1962

Using Killtown logic, every kid in the world who does a geography report on Afghanistan or New York city will be marked for termination
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 02:21 PM   #48
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
Using Killtown logic, every kid in the world who does a geography report on Afghanistan or New York city will be marked for termination
And every kid who investigates 9/11!

Muhahahahahahaha!
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 03:32 PM   #49
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

I think the Osama as the topic of her thesis is fairly useful info. It shows that this was a bright girl talking and researching about Osama in 1998.

Killtown, however, is borderline mentally ill, claiming that the fact her thesis was about Osama "is clearly a key element of the case." (He says so on the discussion page).

On this particular point, he is clearly delusional.

In it's current form it seems fine to me -- the Osama section has been deleted and the topic of her thesis being Osama Bin Ladin has been moved into the body of the text when it brings up her thesis advisor.
Old 18th January 2007, 04:02 PM   #50
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Anti-sophist View Post
Killtown, however, is borderline mentally ill, claiming that the fact her thesis was about Osama "is clearly a key element of the case." (He says so on the discussion page).
Borderline, as in "Hitler was a borderline fascist"?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2007, 08:34 PM   #51
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Barbula View Post
Wiki article contains a link to an NRO article of current events interest.

The article seems to believe the Dean of Yale(and the NH Police) at the time weren't particularily conscientious with regards to evidence collecting and due process.

The Yale Dean? Richard Brodhead, current Duke University President.

If I had a CT mindset, I'm sure I could connect some sort of dots.
Yeah, like pray for the Blue Devils if you're a hoops, fan! I mean the facts speak for themselves. How many Ivy League titles have the Yalies won? How many visits to the NCAA's? I mean, it's just soooo obvious!

As to Killtown..... I'm normally a peaceful kind of guy, and really only come here for the anti-troll kitten threads. Really! It's True! But - Killtown is a malicious little sack of <rule8>, and I'd support anyone proposing to cut into his frontal lobe to see just how that demi-brain functions.

Here's how it works(worked). He got his 15 minutes by connecting the dots on Val's photo, so has been spending the time since googling anything he could find on any key words associated with 9/11, and came across this story. Of course, there's nothing in it to suggest anything, and then again, it's three years before 9/11 happened (and several years before it was even dreamt up), but that doesn't stop our boy!
No, he connected the dots, then put in a few dots where there weren't any dots, and came to the conclusion that she's the first victim of 9/11. Hey, terrific reportage! Well, except for one thing: In Creeptown's world, Osama didn't do it. He's a patsy, and all those fingers pointing to him as early as '98 woud be EXACTLY WHAT THE EVIL GUBMINT WANTED.
So, then, why was she killed? If anything, they'd want her and her research available to keep people looking at OBL.

More government incompetency, no doubt. The coded message read "visit student Q - give 17 lakka bakka. They meant to slip her her NWO pay of 17 thousand dollars, but the bag man had last month's code book and on that tear sheet, "lakka bakka" de-encrypted as "vicious stabs".

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 02:48 AM   #52
maccy
Master Poster

Killtown whines:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=2778

"Sounds pretty Orwellian to me" says Tower.
maccy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 02:52 AM   #53
Coritani
Critical Thinker

Jesus. Is nothing sacred to him? Or any of the truthers, for that matter?

The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is. - Winston Churchill
Coritani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 04:33 AM   #54
stateofgrace

Originally Posted by Coritani View Post
Jesus. Is nothing sacred to him? Or any of the truthers, for that matter?
Apparently not.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=2764

Here Killclown speculates about Rumsfelds actions at the Pentagon. The argument goes that Rumsfeld broke protocol by helping injured people outside. According to his line of reasoning he should have not have helped injured people but should have been busy ordering planes to be shot down.
Quote:
If it was truly an outside terrorist attack, Rummy would be down in the bunkers, NOT outside helping people.
Quote:
Rummy outside also gives him an excuse why the shoot down orders were not approved early since he changed the rules in June '01 so that he has final approval. Kind of hard to approve shoot downs when you are out carrying stretchers, huh?
don’t get me wrong I am no fan of Rumsfeld but for God sake, the guy was helping injured people.

What a bizarre world this guys lives in.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 05:53 AM   #55
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
I made coffee the other day. Used a grinder and everything. Given enough time and the latitude and longitude of my apartment for GoogleEarth, I'm sure he could connect that event to my part in 9/11.
Yeah, but you're government, so you're OBVIOUSLY in on it, anyway.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 05:57 AM   #56
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
don’t get me wrong I am no fan of Rumsfeld but for God sake, the guy was helping injured people.

It's almost frightening how many of those CTers seem to be mentally ill. Hopefully there aren't too many of those.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 06:39 AM   #57
Spins
Muse

Originally Posted by maccy View Post
Killtown whines:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=2778

"Sounds pretty Orwellian to me" says Tower.
That 3rd post by "the oracle" is hilarious, that pic is exactly how I envisage KT when his wiki edit was removed!
Old 19th January 2007, 06:49 AM   #58
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spins View Post
That 3rd post by "the oracle" is hilarious, that pic is exactly how I envisage KT when his wiki edit was removed!
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 06:51 AM   #59
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
You sir, have the boorish manners of a Yale-ling!
That's Eli to you, sir.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 07:01 AM   #60
eddyk
Thinker

Originally Posted by that loon
I Tried contacting some people who knew about this case. Everybody is really "hush hush". Hmmm.
IDIOT!!!!!

Sometimes, I really do wish I was part of the 'NWO'...I'd take care of him.
eddyk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 07:18 AM   #61
eddyk
Thinker

I meant that as a joke obviously.

It's not a death threat if you're reading Killtown.
eddyk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 07:36 AM   #62
MortFurd
Master Poster

Originally Posted by eddyk View Post
I meant that as a joke obviously.

It's not a death threat if you're reading Killtown.
You point out the single greatest argument against the CTers, though.

If there were a nefarious "New World Order Organization" callous enough to kill over three thousand people, then why are all of the CT folks still alive and blowing hot air.

Any organization capable of and callous enough to carry out the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001 would have really no problem tracking down a bunch of conspiracy busting punks - and silencing them quickly, effectively, and brutally.

Yet five years after the attacks, not one of the CT nut cases has mysteriously disappeared or died suddenly.

The single best argument against a conspiracy is that the people who claim there was a conspiracy are still alive and free to make their claims.

Logic never was a CT strength.
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 11:57 AM   #63
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

I'm waiting for his reply at the thread he started over there. And as you can see, he´s online now...
Old 19th January 2007, 12:51 PM   #64
Coritani
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Apparently not.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=2764

Here Killclown speculates about Rumsfelds actions at the Pentagon. The argument goes that Rumsfeld broke protocol by helping injured people outside. According to his line of reasoning he should have not have helped injured people but should have been busy ordering planes to be shot down.

I don't think that Killtown realises than pretty much every man/woman has a deep down humanitarian urge to lend assistance to their fellow man/woman in their time of great need. Their political or financial status is irrelevant to this urge.

The reason I think this is because Killtown is a soulless human being that will accuse anybody of anything without any evidence. If he were Rumsfield, I reckon he'd sit in his office on that day and drink beer while people were dying. I think it's a good thing Rumsfield did, considering he had no obligation to help out.

I can't believe I just defended Rumsfield.

The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is. - Winston Churchill
Coritani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2007, 12:57 PM   #65
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Never mind - you will forget about it as soon as the NWO-cheques arrives.
Old 19th January 2007, 03:12 PM   #66
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

You did what? I can't believe it
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2007, 02:07 AM   #67
uk_dave
Philosopher

Killklown writes:

Quote:
I made a couple of calls and someone I spoke with says everybody is "hush hush" and don't trust the police.
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...78&st=30&#last

I'm still curious to know how this anonymous investigator actually gets anyone to talk directly to him.
Old 20th January 2007, 02:36 AM   #68
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
Killklown writes:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...78&st=30&#last

I'm still curious to know how this anonymous investigator actually gets anyone to talk directly to him.

I wonder how he is able to convince someone. He´s a hiding, anonymous
Coward and nothing what he says is a proof of anything. He could tell
the wildest stories behind his Firewall, "called hundreds of people" and
they "all said it´s a cover up".

Gee, this Idiot confessed that he didn´t even visit Shanksville to
get an Idea about what he´s talking.
Old 20th January 2007, 05:10 PM   #69
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
I doubt that he does get anyone to talk directly to him. In fact, I doubt that he even makes telephone calls trying to get anyone to talk directly to him.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2007, 05:56 PM   #70
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
I doubt that he does get anyone to talk directly to him. In fact, I doubt that he even makes telephone calls trying to get anyone to talk directly to him.
If he does, I guarantee he gives out false names and credentials.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2007, 08:22 PM   #71
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I like how KT claims the professor cruised off to GITMO to interrogate Al Qaeda members BEFORE 9/11 despite the fact that the detainment camp at Guantanamo Bay wasn't established until after the US invasion of Afghanistan.

Oops!

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tęde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2007, 04:33 PM   #72
uk_dave
Philosopher

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=2845

This LC thread is a sick, embarassing, cruel use of a family's tragedy to feed the ego of a pathetic no name little ********.
Old 21st January 2007, 04:38 PM   #73
Arus808
Philosopher

I'd suggest that someoen would contact her family, to know that there are those out there ready and willing to drag her name through the dirt; all because of a VERY LOOSE connection to 9/11.

ITs about time someone sues killtown for the garbage he spews.

Old 21st January 2007, 04:53 PM   #74
dan from PA
Student

...it would have been intersting to read the girls thesis...
dan from PA is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2007, 04:59 PM   #75
Arus808
Philosopher

and that's the odd point. KT is basing his abuse of this girl over the theme of her thesis. Does he know exactly what was in this thesis? What if her thesis mentioned OBL once throughout the whole thing about a section dealing with the wTC bombings in 1993? or how his family disowned him?

Old 21st January 2007, 04:59 PM   #76
boloboffin

Is Killtown in love? How poignant.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2007, 05:03 PM   #77
MG1962

Quote:
I'd suggest that someoen would contact her family, to know that there are those out there ready and willing to drag her name through the dirt; all because of a VERY LOOSE connection to 9/11.

ITs about time someone sues killtown for the garbage he spews.
Well he has been trolling this rubbish on a few forums I belong too - Just hit and run stuff
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2007, 05:19 PM   #78
joesixpack
Illuminator

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
I like how KT claims the professor cruised off to GITMO to interrogate Al Qaeda members BEFORE 9/11 despite the fact that the detainment camp at Guantanamo Bay wasn't established until after the US invasion of Afghanistan.

Oops!

-Gumboot

That was the first thing I thought when I started reading that page. I'm sure there's a lot more inconsistancies and outright BS in it, but reading it was making me nauseous.

I just started following these "9/11 conspiracy" threads the other day because a friend of mine was telling me about a book he read about it and how it made him shudder that our gubment would do something like that. I changed the subject because I thought he sounded delusional.

Sweet smoking Jesus, but these people are truly crazy. I have to hand it to you debunkers, I don't have the time or patience to address this insanity the way you've been doing it for so long. Keep up the good fight.
Old 21st January 2007, 05:23 PM   #79
dan from PA
Student

Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post
KT is basing his abuse of this girl over the theme of her thesis.
...I didn't gather any 'abuse' from his story, actually if I was murdered and it was unsolved, i would be grateful of anyone, years later trying to drum up interest in my death and who might have been responsible for it...
dan from PA is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2007, 05:25 PM   #80
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

I cannot believe he set up a myspace page with her picture. This is the single most nausiating thing I've ever witnessed. He is borderline dangerous with this level of mental illness.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories