IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd January 2014, 05:55 PM   #441
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by david.watts View Post
I did not literally mean "vaporize." I had seen that word used -- a number of times I think -- in the past so I used it.
And therein lies your entire problem. You saw something and without question accepted it as fact and then regurgitated it without understanding that the word has a scientific and therefore specific meaning simply because you had seen it (most likely at a truther website that also promotes other crap).

However, this error will make zero impact on you. You will, without a shadow of a doubt, ignore the fact that you were parroting without understanding and continue on boldly.

Perhaps it's time for you to retire and seek a period of reflection whereby you confront your lack of understanding.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 06:22 PM   #442
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Mark, my only suspicion is with AA 77. My point simply is why not just release the Pentagon videos and put this thing to rest? What plausible reason is there for not doing so? I said previously that if there really were no cameras, then so be it. But, and I asked this previously as well, has it been determined there were in fact no Pentagon cameras that would have recorded the boeing 757 (if that is what it was) hitting the building?
I invited Dave for a drink:

Sunstealer: Hi david, how's it going?
david.watts: Yeah, great. Are you going to the pub tonight?
Sunstealer: Yeah, I'll be in the Fox and Hounds about 8pm. Are you coming?
david.watts: Yep, should be there around 8.
Sunstealer: OK mate, see you there.

Later that night david.watts makes his way to the Fox and Hounds and enters. The first person he sees is Sunstealer; sat at a table with two beers.

Sunstealer motions to david (over hear mate!)

david.watts: Hi.
Sunstealer: Alright? I got a beer in for you.
david.watts: Ch, ch, umm, cheers. Is that really you?
Sunstealer: What do you mean?
david.watts: Well, um, I've not seen the CCTV video of you arriving?
Sunstealer: What are you on about mate?

Sunstealer's friend comes over and takes a picture.

david.watts: Well, you know, how can I be sure you are actually here in this pub now?
Sunstealer: Well, I'm here now, talking to you.
david.watts: Yes, I know that but are there any eyewitnesses?
david.watts: Has anyone seen you here?
Sunstealer: Yeah, my friend just took a photo.
david.watts: OK, but why not just release a video and put this thing to bed?
Sunstealer: Are you having a psychotic episode? I'm right here.
david.watts: But what plausible reason is there for not doing so?
Sunstealer: Well, you can see for yourself. You are responding to my voice! Look, that person over there is taking photos of friends and we are in the background. Ask them for a look at the photo.
david.watts: But they don't have photos of you outside.
Sunstealer: Of course they don't they are only taking pictures inside the pub.
david.watts: So you were never in the pub then?
Sunstealer: No and you owe my friend £3 for the pint of beer you are drinking.
david.watts: Why?
Sunstealer: Well, you didn't buy the beer you are drinking, I didn't buy the beer because I'm not in the pub so it must have been my friend.
david.watts: Have you got CCTV video of your friend going to the pub?
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 06:55 PM   #443
Robrob
Philosopher

I did not literally mean "vaporize." I had seen that word used -- a number of times I think -- in the past so I used it.
Which explains a lot.

Quote:
Maybe only truthers have used the word, I don't know.
Which explains a lot as well.

Quote:
While not meaning it literally, the word is a good description of what happened: most of the plane "disappeared."
What other alternate definitions do you plan on using in support of your claims?

Quote:
But all I have ever seen is a few parts here and there. If I can ask a favour, Robrob or anyone point me to where I can see or read that most of it was recovered. I would like to see how it is described as "most."
I would like to see you do some of your own research.

Quote:
Back to "vaporize," I did qualify it with "or whatever it was they say happened to it."
They say it impacted into the Pentagon. Next question.
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:00 PM   #444
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
What other alternate definitions do you plan on using in support of your claims?
He makes no claims. He just posts lines of other peoples crapola. It's easier to back away at that point.

So far. I don't think he's made a single original statement.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:03 PM   #445
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
Back to "vaporize," I did qualify it with "or whatever it was they say happened to it."
They say it impacted into the Pentagon. Next question.

[/thread]
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:04 PM   #446
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
He makes no claims. He just posts lines of other peoples crapola. It's easier to back away at that point.

So far. I don't think he's made a single original statement.
Accherly its our fault. We should renounce responding to JAQing and insist on him putting his claim up for discussion..
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:27 PM   #447
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
Still happened though.
Not if you didn't release the video. Bee serious.
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:35 PM   #448
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post

Later that night david.watts makes his way to the Fox and Hounds and enters. The first person he sees is Sunstealer; sat at a table with two beers.

david.watts: Well, you know, how can I be sure you are actually here in this pub now?
Sunstealer: Well, you can see for yourself. You are responding to my voice! Look, that person over there is taking photos of friends and we are in the background. Ask them for a look at the photo.
Sunstealer: Well, you didn't buy the beer you are drinking, I didn't buy the beer because I'm not in the pub so it must have been my friend.
Cruel...

...but accurate.
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:49 PM   #449
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sherman Bay View Post
Not if you didn't release the video. Bee serious.
It maybe on my head cam!

Aw, its just a blur, could have been anything. Could have been a govmnt fly, or a drone painted with stripes. Actually, I left my head cam lying around. Could have been messed with. So I guess it didnt happen but for the BEE CARCUSS I HAD TO WIPE OFF MY HEAD!

No, I didnt keep the dead Bee, or the bits of the Bee that were left anyway. And no I dont have photos of the Bee either.
Old 2nd January 2014, 08:37 PM   #450
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
BUT net result the discussion stayed down dead ends/rabbit burrows/derailed and going round in circles - which is the goal of truthers and some trolls.

Side issue - has everyone noticed that the recent generation trolls have left the ship? E, CM, MM - is that a sign of foundering of said ocean vessel? Or simply that all three reached the natural end point of their trolling at same time? Life for most trolls seems to be in the 2-3 year range.
I guess there are folks out there who just engage in trolling as a hobby. They're more interested in attention and annoying people than anything else. Eventually it bores even them, I suspect.

I notice Tony Szamboti is trolling over at Metabunk. He's been going at it trying to pretend that there was only a small hole on the S face of WTC 1; that no debris made it thru the tower and out the S side; that the hijackers couldn't have flown the planes into the towers; stuff that should be embarrassing to anyone who considers themselves the least bit 'expert' in 9/11 matters.
But it is instructive to see that he's not just invested in the myths regarding the eventual collapse of the towers but a lot of other truther memes as well.
And he never, ever admits that he's wrong, even when it's very obvious.

If I ever had a chance to debate Tony, I'd zero right in on the peripheral beliefs, they're so insane that whatever else he said would be ignored by anyone with a functioning brainstem.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:43 PM   #451
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
I guess there are folks out there who just engage in trolling as a hobby. They're more interested in attention and annoying people than anything else. Eventually it bores even them, I suspect.
Yes...similar thoughts here. Subjectively I perceive a downscaling of intellectual skill with trolls. Those we saw say 3-4-5 years back used clever twisting of the topic to do the irritating. Current or recent ones rely on or quickly resort to personal insult. More obvious on another forum I've been visiting (DebatePolitics)
I notice Tony Szamboti is trolling over at Metabunk....
He's been rejected in disgrace by former colleagues on The911Forum - one of them has been following him and watching his decline. I chose not to.

If I ever had a chance to debate Tony, I'd zero right in on the peripheral beliefs, they're so insane that whatever else he said would be ignored by anyone with a functioning brainstem.
I go straight for fatal errors in his starting premises or assumptions. From "Missing Jolt" on he looks for things in the future when they are already past at his starting point. (The bits that were going to "Jolt" have already missed each other.)

I don't have much support for that understanding........Yet.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:33 AM   #452
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
One thing that would help me understand this "plane in the Pentagon" thing, would be to see a plausible explanation of how almost all of the airplane "vaporized" -- including big, large, titanium engines -- or whatever it was they say happened to it, and yet every or nearly every airplane occupant was identified with DNA?
Beachnut has posted the pic. Here's the source.

http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notable...n/P200030.html

United States v. Zacarias Moussaoui
Criminal No. 01-455-A

Prosecution Trial Exhibits

Exhibit Number Description
P200030 Photograph of airplane parts in the Pentagon after Flight 77 crashed into the building
==
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2014, 02:41 AM   #453
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

Aluminium also burns quite nicely so you don't expect to recover 100% of an aircraft following a fire. Many airfields used to have burn dumps to dispose of unwanted airframes before recycling became more common.
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2014, 04:21 AM   #454
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

David stop pissing about. This has already been linked to you before, and I'll link it again now.

http://therightbloggerbastard.blogspot.co.nz/

Now stop your silliness.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2014, 11:37 AM   #455
david.watts
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post

Sunstealer,

Wanted to let you know that I appreciated very much your inviting me out for a drink.

But I have a question or two. Did you ever see your friends photo or photos from that person "over there" with us in the background? If not, how do you know it was me drinking the beer?

And even if you did see the pictures, how can you really be sure it was me? I mean is there video of me arriving? If there is, could you show it to me? If you won't show it to me, how do I know it was me drinking beer with you? Or for that matter, how do you know it was me drinking the beer with you. If you will just show me the video of me arriving, I will pay your friend back for the pint. If you won't show me, how do I know it wasn't your friend's girlfriend that bought me the pint? And if you say that yes it was his girlfriend, could I see the video please?
david.watts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2014, 11:51 AM   #456
Spanx
Master Poster

Sunstealer,

Wanted to let you know that I appreciated very much your inviting me out for a drink.

But I have a question or two. Did you ever see your friends photo or photos from that person "over there" with us in the background? If not, how do you know it was me drinking the beer?

And even if you did see the pictures, how can you really be sure it was me? I mean is there video of me arriving? If there is, could you show it to me? If you won't show it to me, how do I know it was me drinking beer with you? Or for that matter, how do you know it was me drinking the beer with you. If you will just show me the video of me arriving, I will pay your friend back for the pint. If you won't show me, how do I know it wasn't your friend's girlfriend that bought me the pint? And if you say that yes it was his girlfriend, could I see the video please?
David,

Sunstealer did not write that post and I can prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJgq2wszyc&feature
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2014, 12:55 PM   #457
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Sunstealer,

And yet the plane was still inside the building, obviously not intact but inside the building.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2014, 01:29 PM   #458
david.watts
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
David,

Sunstealer did not write that post and I can prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJgq2wszyc&feature
I understand your proof. What I am having a hard time doing is coming up with some reasonable estimate of just how long did it take to actually write that post? And there were no typos!
david.watts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2014, 07:45 PM   #459
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Clarification: One thing that would help me understand this "plane in the Pentagon" thing, would be to see a plausible explanation of how almost all of the airplane "vaporized" -- including big, large, titanium engines -- or whatever it was they say happened to it, and yet every or nearly every airplane occupant was identified with DNA?
The whole meme that the aircraft "vaporized" was introduced by a Christo-fascist lunatic who needed to support the Bush clown crew. General Benton Partin also claimed that McVeigh didn't do the Murrah Building. Worthless old fart.
Old 8th January 2014, 09:56 PM   #460
Robrob
Philosopher

Sunstealer,

Sophistry is not evidence.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories