IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags wtc , beam weapon , 911 conspiracy theory

Old 15th September 2007, 11:50 PM   #81
CHF
Illuminator

Originally Posted by HereticHulk View Post
Someone humor me and tell me what the problem with the ae911 truth people.
For starters, AE911 mentions "Pyroclastic clouds."

Yes, they apparently think a volcano erupted in NYC on 9/11.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2007, 11:58 PM   #82
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

ht_tp://w_ww.ae911truth.org/joinus.php

There are quite a few here for starters!

This won't be good enough for anyone here I bet.

One thing I was wondering, if everyone here agrees that all CTs are bunk and just delusions of tinfoil hat wearing lunatics, why even have a CT section? Seems rather repugnant, ..no?
No, it won't, considering that that site is a fraud: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=83483

How is having a CT subforum repugnant? This is a website about critical thinking, especially devoted to the promotion of science and the critical analysis of pseudo-science. CTs generally fall under the latter designation.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 12:07 AM   #83
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Well assuming they used truck mounted laser weapons I come up with............................................30 million truck mounted laser weapons! The video evidence I've seen does not support this theory.
Well, I'll admit you're a braver man than Anus Licker, his response wouldn't even acknowledge the original question.

Quote:
Seriously, your the 2nd person who has asked me to speculate on the capabilities of weapon that for all intents and purposes would most likely be something you'll not find on google or wikipedia.
Perhaps not, but here's the kicker. If the US government was in posession of a power source that is 30 million times more powerful that the biggest generator that could fit onto a semi-trailer truck yet could fit into the space shuttles cargo bay, or atop a Delta IV rocket, then the age of oil would be OVER!

Why would a government in posession of such a device ever conspire to launch wars over a dirty, messy and far outclassed energy source?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 12:08 AM   #84
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

So how many delusional CTers have you guys converted here? Some smart mofo's in this place! Presumptuous, but very intelligent! I'm just looking for some truth! And the government's story does not hold water in my opinion.

Does anyone here feel that out government had any hand in it? We've killed many US soldiers and (estimated) 1M civilians in Iraq based on lies thus far, what makes you think the 9/11 story is any different? There is no way that we would be over in Iraq and Afghanistan and raddling swords w/ Iran if 9/11 didn't happen.

This was all laid out in the PNAC manifesto and it all seems to be playing out in real life.

Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen to get us into WWII. Before Pearl Harbor the majority of the American Public wanted no part in that war. The rest is history. 9/11 just seemed too convenient to be any thing but staged.

Woah there little Buckaroo!

Let's keep it down to one Woo Cliche at a time.

Now I can't get Bill Mahr's rule outa my head....
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 12:59 AM   #85
HereticHulk
Muse

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
No, it won't, considering that that site is a fraud: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=83483

How is having a CT subforum repugnant? This is a website about critical thinking, especially devoted to the promotion of science and the critical analysis of pseudo-science. CTs generally fall under the latter designation.
So wait, this extremely intellectual crowd here spams a website and joins with childish names, The webmasters catch on to it shut down the enrollment method you exposed (temporarily) and they remove the bogus enteries and you all sit here and joke about?

How does that make ae911 a fraud?
HereticHulk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 01:16 AM   #86
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

So how many delusional CTers have you guys converted here? Some smart mofo's in this place! Presumptuous, but very intelligent! I'm just looking for some truth! And the government's story does not hold water in my opinion.

Does anyone here feel that out government had any hand in it? We've killed many US soldiers and (estimated) 1M civilians in Iraq based on lies thus far, what makes you think the 9/11 story is any different? There is no way that we would be over in Iraq and Afghanistan and raddling swords w/ Iran if 9/11 didn't happen.

This was all laid out in the PNAC manifesto and it all seems to be playing out in real life.

Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen to get us into WWII. Before Pearl Harbor the majority of the American Public wanted no part in that war. The rest is history. 9/11 just seemed too convenient to be any thing but staged.

We went to war with Iraq based on inadequate, misleading, and largely cherry-picked (by the Bush Admin.) intelligence. The official account of 9/11 is not based on faulty intelligence, but on massive investigations and sound science. NIST, for example, is not some shadowy government entity that does the will of the Bush administration. There are thousands of witnesses and scientists who corroborate the official version of the events of 9/11 and have no connection with the Bush administration whatsoever. Additionally, there are simply too many people who would have had to be involved in the conspiracy for it to have been kept a secret all this time. Where are the confessing low-level conspirators? Also, your Iraqi civilian death count is incorrect. The highest estimation of Iraqi casualties is from the Lancet study at about 650,000 in toto, i.e. all Iraqi deaths, including those of insurgents and Saddam's military personnel. Its methodology has also been questioned.

You're right, however, that we certainly wouldn't be in Afghanistan, and probably not in Iraq either, if 9/11 hadn't happened (though not because the Bush administration wouldn't have tried*; popular opinion just would not have supported it.) But this hardly proves that 9/11 was an inside job. Politicians exploit tragedies for their own purposes all the time. Why can't that be the case here? Nevertheless, you can bet we'd still be rattling swords with Iran. It could even be argued that if we weren't bogged down in Iraq we might have already bombed the sites of Iran's nuclear program by now. Hard to say, though.

As for the Pearl Harbor CT, I don't think that's true and it certainly isn't the historical consensus, but I'll let the WWII junkies here deal with that claim.

ETA: clarification.

*with Iraq, I mean, not Afghanistan.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 01:26 AM   #87
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

So wait, this extremely intellectual crowd here spams a website and joins with childish names, The webmasters catch on to it shut down the enrollment method you exposed (temporarily) and they remove the bogus enteries and you all sit here and joke about?

Because they didn't remove all the bogus entries, even after that incident. At that point they did no verification at all, and that thread exposed this very obvious flaw. They still do very little verification, and you can see that a great number of entries have still not been verified at all (see the little asterisks). Considering this earlier unscrupulousness, why should anyone trust their verification methods at this point?

Last edited by Slayhamlet; 16th September 2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 16th September 2007, 01:31 AM   #88
HereticHulk
Muse

Because they didn't remove all the bogus entries, even after that incident. At that point they did no verification at all, and that thread exposed this very obvious flaw. They still do very little verification, and you can see that a great number of entries have still not been verified at all (see the little asterisks). Considering this earlier unscrupulousness, why should anyone trust their verification methods at this point?
So your committing a fraudulent act exposing something that you think is a fraud? Wow.

Then the rest of the thread is just trading jokes back and forth about the funny names ya'll made up.

Last edited by HereticHulk; 16th September 2007 at 01:35 AM.
HereticHulk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 01:33 AM   #89
HereticHulk
Muse

double post

Last edited by HereticHulk; 16th September 2007 at 01:34 AM. Reason: double post
Old 16th September 2007, 01:42 AM   #90
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

So your committing a fraudulent act exposing something that you think is a fraud? Wow.
How else would it be exposed but by exploiting its lack of authenticity, and how is doing so fraudulent? It was, after all, done quite openly, with no intent to deceive (something that can't be said for Richard Gage & co.). Just to teach a lesson. They should be thankful for that.
Old 16th September 2007, 01:55 AM   #91
HereticHulk
Muse

We went to war with Iraq based on inadequate, misleading, and largely cherry-picked (by the Bush Admin.) intelligence. The official account of 9/11 is not based on faulty intelligence, but on massive investigations and sound science. NIST, for example, is not some shadowy government entity that does the will of the Bush administration. There are thousands of witnesses and scientists who corroborate the official version of the events of 9/11 and have no connection with the Bush administration whatsoever. Additionally, there are simply too many people who would have had to be involved in the conspiracy for it to have been kept a secret all this time. Where are the confessing low-level conspirators? Also, your Iraqi civilian death count is incorrect. The highest estimation of Iraqi casualties is from the Lancet study at about 650,000 in toto, i.e. all Iraqi deaths, including those of insurgents and Saddam's military personnel. Its methodology has also been questioned.

You're right, however, that we certainly wouldn't be in Afghanistan, and probably not in Iraq either, if 9/11 hadn't happened (though not because the Bush administration wouldn't have tried*; popular opinion just would not have supported it.) But this hardly proves that 9/11 was an inside job. Politicians exploit tragedies for their own purposes all the time. Why can't that be the case here? Nevertheless, you can bet we'd still be rattling swords with Iran. It could even be argued that if we weren't bogged down in Iraq we might have already bombed the sites of Iran's nuclear program by now. Hard to say, though.

As for the Pearl Harbor CT, I don't think that's true and it certainly isn't the historical consensus, but I'll let the WWII junkies here deal with that claim.

ETA: clarification.

*with Iraq, I mean, not Afghanistan.
The 1M figure came from the article in the LA Times (9/14). They said it was a high estimate, but since the new Iraq gov't won't tell and our military isn't keeping track (or doesn't care) are we gonna split hairs on whether its 500k dead or 1M dead!?!?!?

Assuming that this supposed inside job was carried out by elements w/in our military, no matter what the #'s of peeps involved (w/in reason) would not matter. Military runs on a chain of command, think compartmentalization......a lot boot lickers do not question orders given to them and are trained not to. A lot of operations could be done by different groups or teams in stages and none of them given enough info to put it all together. I'm not caliming to know how or what order things were done, but hopefully ya'll are catchin my drift.

Or (better still for the perpetrators) if its a private military force ie., the Blackwater mercenaries, the cover-up would be that much easier. You gotta wonder where all that unaccounted $$$ ended up that the Pentagon lost.
Old 16th September 2007, 05:52 AM   #92
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Well assuming they used truck mounted laser weapons I come up with............................................30 million truck mounted laser weapons! The video evidence I've seen does not support this theory.

Seriously, your the 2nd person who has asked me to speculate on the capabilities of weapon that for all intents and purposes would most likely be something you'll not find on google or wikipedia.
It's not asking you to speculate. These weapons would have to produce a tremendous amount of energy to do the things you claim. That means they would need a huge energy source. I'm asking you to calculate this for yourself so you can see how ridiculously large such a weapon would be, and how outlandish the power requirements would be. Then maybe, having done this, you will see exactly how stupid this idea is. Directed energy beams of the power you're talking about are as real as saying my cookies are baked by elves in trees!
Old 16th September 2007, 06:54 AM   #93
Apollo20
Banned

HereticHulk:

About the "dustified" steel:

Each Twin Tower contained about 100,000 tonnes of structural steel which was about 20 % of the total mass of the building.

If the steel was "dustified" we should find it in the WTC dust that drifted over Lower Manhattan after the towers collapsed. However, the USGS found an average of only about 1.6 wt % iron in its WTC dust samples.

The main ingredients in the WTC dust were concrete, gypsum and MMVF (man-made vitreous fibers); slag wool was one of the major MMVFs which contains iron as does the aggregate in the concrete. Another source of iron in the WTC dust would be the floor pans which were either shredded or subject to chemical attack by acid fumes, etc, before, during or after the collapse of the towers. Thus the amount of iron found in the WTC dust is easy to explain without invoking DEWs.

Finally, lots of more-or-less intact structural steel was recovered from the rubble pile, most of which still had the original brownish-orange primer paint visible on its surface.

So, HereticHulk, how much steel do you believe was "dustified" by the collapse of WTC 1 & 2, and where is the physical evidence?
Apollo20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 07:41 AM   #94
Anti-sophist
Graduate Poster

Have ever ascertained what, strictly speaking, "dustification" is?

Seems like a truther magic word, to me. Made up hocus-pocus to sound official while applying pseudoscience.
Old 16th September 2007, 08:27 AM   #95
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen to get us into WWII.
Have any concrete proof of that assertion?
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 09:01 AM   #96
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Also, Lincoln allowed Ft. Sumter to happen, King George allowed Concord to happen, and the Romans gave Hannibal elephants as part of a massive disinformation campaign.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 09:18 AM   #97
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
Also, Lincoln allowed Ft. Sumter to happen, King George allowed Concord to happen, and the Romans gave Hannibal elephants as part of a massive disinformation campaign.
the USA's existance as a capitalist superpower throughout the cold war was nothing more than a soviet disinfo campaign
Old 16th September 2007, 09:38 AM   #98
uk_dave
Philosopher

My biggest issue with AE911 is their dubious use of the term "engineer".

They are engaged in spin. The 'truth' movement has been embarrassed for a long time by questions about why no architects and structural engineers support their claims.

Well now they have their architect. But they are being less than honest in claiming mechanical engineers and electrical engineers as being the professionals whose opinions about a structural collapse should be listened to.

If AE911 was honest, they would only have architects and structural engineers as their base.

But, like I say, they spin this and they undoubtedly spin their knowledge of the wtc towers and the collapse.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 09:41 AM   #99
uk_dave
Philosopher

Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen to get us into WWII.
I'm curious about this too.

Who declared war upon whom after pearl harbour?

How was an attack from the japanese a guarantee that the US would then commit to fighting the nazis in europe?
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 10:00 AM   #100
CHF
Illuminator

Perhaps the biggest flaw with AE911 is that none of their structural engineers appear to have written a damn thing about the WTC collapses.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 10:55 AM   #101
bynmdsue
Graduate Poster

Quote:
You haven't read it,have you?
bynmdsue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 10:58 AM   #102
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bynmdsue View Post
You haven't read it,have you?
It appears that he is being told what to think about the PNAC and accepts their interpretation without reading it himself, no questions asked.

And he thinks WE are the sheep...
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 11:55 AM   #103
Alareth
Philosopher

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
It appears that he is being told what to think about the PNAC and accepts their interpretation without reading it himself, no questions asked.

And he thinks WE are the sheep...
At least he doesn't use the words "propitious to policy" when referencing the PNAC document.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 12:09 PM   #104
Viper Daimao
Critical Thinker

And the government's story does not hold water in my opinion.
how can you say this when you don't even know what that story is?
Viper Daimao is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 12:55 PM   #105
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You gotta wonder where all that unaccounted $$$ ended up that the Pentagon lost.
Oh no not the "lost money" again.

Quote:
And the government's story does not hold water in my opinion.
Would you mind putting one coherent story together for the "truth" movement side?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 01:03 PM   #106
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
At least he doesn't use the words "propitious to policy" when referencing the PNAC document.
Oh my yes. You have a point there.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 01:05 PM   #107
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Viper Daimao View Post
how can you say this when you don't even know what that story is?
Well, now don't jump the gun...

HereticHulk, perhaps you could tell us what the 'official story' is, and why exactly you don't believe it.
Old 16th September 2007, 01:17 PM   #108
pomeroo
Banned

I strongly doubt that anybody here believes that you have any interest in the truth. There is no such animal as "the government's story."

Does anyone here feel that out government had any hand in it?

That belief is absurd. Crimes usually have motives.

We've killed many US soldiers and (estimated) 1M civilians in Iraq based on lies thus far, what makes you think the 9/11 story is any different? There is no way that we would be over in Iraq and Afghanistan and raddling swords w/ Iran if 9/11 didn't happen.

Your estimate of Iraqi civilian deaths has been exposed as wildly implausible. No "lies" got us involved in the Middle East.

Why not actually attempt to read the PNAC paper? I understand that I'm making a, heh-heh, heretical suggestion, but you'll find that nobody was proposing to conquer the world. Really.

Pearl Harbor was not allowed to happen. That is the verdict of historians who have studied the event. If we had been aware that a sneak attack was in the works, don't you think we might have alerted our forces and prevented the destruction of much of the Pacific fleet? We could have fought back effectively and still have preserved an excuse to go to war with Japan. Incidentally, Hitler really did want to conquer the world. Would letting him achieve his aim have been a good idea? How did we trick him into declaring war on us when his pact with Japan did not require him to do so?

They are frauds and charlatans who display contempt for reason and evidence. They spit on the graves of the jihadists' victims to hawk their worthless DVDs. They are cowardly liars who flee from opportunities to defend the preposterous nonsense they promote. They betray the principles of their professions and lack even a shred of common decency.

Other than that, I guess they're okay.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 01:31 PM   #109
Viper Daimao
Critical Thinker

Well some of them are pretty crazy.
Viper Daimao is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 03:34 PM   #110
HereticHulk
Muse

from PNAC:

Quote:
[What we require is] a military that is strong and ready to meet both present and future challenges; a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles abroad; and national leadership that accepts the United States’ global responsibilities.

Of course, the United States must be prudent in how it exercises its power. But we cannot safely avoid the responsibilities of global leadership of the costs that are associated with its exercise. America has a vital role in maintaining peace and security in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. If we shirk our responsibilities, we invite challenges to our fundamental interests. The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire. The history of the past century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.
Quote:
ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS for the U.S. military:
• defend the American homeland;
• fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;
• perform the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment in critical regions;
• transform U.S. forces to exploit the “revolution in military affairs”;
this excerpt below is key!
Quote:
Section V of Rebuilding America's Defenses, entitled "Creating Tomorrow's Dominant Force", includes the sentence: "Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor
considering the Pearl Harbor attack was provoked by our foreign policies with Japan, leaving Japan 2 choices, dishonor themselves and surrender or attack us.

facts of Pearl Harbor have recently been sufficiently exposed by books from Robert Stinnett & George Victor (respectively) for anyone who cares to transcend the myth.

http://www.amazon.com/Day-Deceit-Tru...9217578&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Harbor-M...5/lewrockwell/

FDR knew that the American public and Congress would not support participation in WW2.

history repeats!
Old 16th September 2007, 03:44 PM   #111
HereticHulk
Muse

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Oh no not the "lost money" again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1rT4bszWg

Quote:
On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

He said money wasted by the military poses a serious threat.

"In fact, it could be said it's a matter of life and death," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day – Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Minnery, a former Marine turned whistle-blower, is risking his job by speaking out for the first time about the millions he noticed were missing from one defense agency's balance sheets. Minnery tried to follow the money trail, even crisscrossing the country looking for records.

"The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?' It took me aback, you know? My supervisor asking me why I care about doing a good job," said Minnery.

He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off.

"They have to cover it up," he said. "That's where the corruption comes in. They have to cover up the fact that they can't do the job."

The Pentagon's Inspector General "partially substantiated" several of Minnery's allegations but could not prove officials tried "to manipulate the financial statements."

Twenty years ago, Department of Defense Analyst Franklin C. Spinney made headlines exposing what he calls the "accounting games." He's still there, and although he does not speak for the Pentagon, he believes the problem has gotten worse.

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in325985.shtml

so, where did money go? what was it used for?
Old 16th September 2007, 03:44 PM   #112
Tomblvd
Muse

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
Have any concrete proof of that assertion?

He did, but it was dustified.
Tomblvd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 03:53 PM   #113
Viper Daimao
Critical Thinker

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in325985.shtml

so, where did money go? what was it used for?
It didn't go anywhere, they just couldn't track it. And it was initially "lost" by the clinton administration
Quote:
it's clear that the efforts to tie this in to 9/11 have major shortcomings. There's no clear reason given why the Bush adminstration would need to go to such efforts to conceal the problem, for instance. They didn't, either, and it was covered on several occasions before 9/11, so the fact that Rumsfeld mentioned the $2.3 trillion again on 9/10 seems to have no special importance. While the Pentagon attack did have an effect on the production of some DoD financial statements, it's not clear how significant this was, and another report suggests the DoD is reducing the “missing” amounts by taking steps to improve its accounting procedures. They still don't look too impressive to us -- $700 billion without proper documentation is a lot of money -- but it's hard to see how any of this constitutes a motive for the 9/11 attacks.
Old 16th September 2007, 03:57 PM   #114
HereticHulk
Muse

Originally Posted by Tomblvd View Post
He did, but it was dustified.
Pictures of dustification and if this isn't a pyroclastic flow, what is?
http://static.scribd.com/docs/4vmze1swjhwq1.swf

Also, if the floor joist were heated and being pulled in from the sagging and pulling the facade inwards to initiate the collapse, why do we see parts of the facade (falling?) up and outwards. which would imply an explosion?
Old 16th September 2007, 03:59 PM   #115
HereticHulk
Muse

Originally Posted by Viper Daimao View Post
It didn't go anywhere, they just couldn't track it. And it was initially "lost" by the clinton administration
wow, you convinced me!

http://www.whereisthemoney.org/

Lets not turn this into a Bush vs. Clinton thing. They are peas in a pod!

Last edited by HereticHulk; 16th September 2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 16th September 2007, 04:03 PM   #116
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

from PNAC:

history repeats!
So, what you are saying is that it is YOUR interpretation of the PNAC that is correct, right?

Perhaps then you could explain how 911 has brought about ANY of the objectives in the PNAC?

You can name just one; it's ok.
Old 16th September 2007, 04:04 PM   #117
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Also, if the floor joist were heated and being pulled in from the sagging and pulling the facade inwards to initiate the collapse, why do we see parts of the facade (falling?) up and outwards. which would imply an explosion?
And of course your qualifications to make such a broad statement are soon to follow, right?
Old 16th September 2007, 04:04 PM   #118
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

[url="http://static.scribd.com/docs/4vmze1swjhwq1.swf"]

This is:

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2007, 04:05 PM   #119
Viper Daimao
Critical Thinker

this is

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

ETA: dangit worm, you copied me, only you did it before me.

Last edited by Viper Daimao; 16th September 2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 16th September 2007, 04:05 PM   #120
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

wow, you convinced me!

http://www.whereisthemoney.org/

Lets not turn this into a Bush vs. Clinton thing. They are peas in a pod!
OMG a web page, It must be gone then.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories