JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 25th February 2013, 09:45 AM   #41
Mister Earl
Illuminator

You're quite wrong, and you appear to be suffering from severe credulousness. I kindly recommend picking up a grade school physics text, and starting from there.

Good luck!
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 10:03 AM   #42
phunk
Master Poster

When is the last time you plugged in your electric wheelchair to charge it?
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 10:10 AM   #43
Kogloron
Student

Originally Posted by 1_christian_warrior View Post
I did an experiment, where I let my electric wheelchair act as a free energy device
where I gained the power to go an additional 20 feet up a pretty steep hill
each time I travel up the hill at maximum speed, (10th gear)
and then back down the hill at a slow speed, (1st gear)
I repeated this test 3 time, gaining a total of 60 feet before stopping the test
Then I repeated the test a few days later, gaining the same 60 feet
This was proof to me, that we have discovered a way of gaining free energy
Seems like everyone is attacking your idea from a technical standpoint and talking about the battery. I have a quick set of simple questions that you should be able to answer directly.

How much does the chair weigh?
Are you sitting in the chair when it's going up the hill?
Are you sitting in the chair (or adding additional weight) when you roll it back down?

I ask those questions because you seem to think that you could add many many generators to the chair to get an additional charge. I would think that if you added too many generators the chair simply wouldn't roll back down the hill without some additional force to help it move. And if that's the case, then you need to account for that force.

Simply sending the chair up empty while you push the accelerator and then sitting in it to bring it back down the hill in maximum gear would completely null your findings.
Kogloron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 01:39 PM   #44
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Kogloron View Post
Seems like everyone is attacking your idea from a technical standpoint and talking about the battery. I have a quick set of simple questions that you should be able to answer directly.

How much does the chair weigh?
Are you sitting in the chair when it's going up the hill?
Are you sitting in the chair (or adding additional weight) when you roll it back down?

I ask those questions because you seem to think that you could add many many generators to the chair to get an additional charge. I would think that if you added too many generators the chair simply wouldn't roll back down the hill without some additional force to help it move. And if that's the case, then you need to account for that force.

Simply sending the chair up empty while you push the accelerator and then sitting in it to bring it back down the hill in maximum gear would completely null your findings.
You are of course correct, but if the OP can walk up the hill with the electric wheelchair it would make me wonder why he even has one. Of course his notion that simply using different gear ratios uphill and downhill can result in a net energy gain is nonsense.

Of course if your suggestion that OP is walking up and riding down is correct, the true source of energy is his muscles. Somehow I doubt that people walking uphill repeatedly is going to meet the world's energy needs.

Last edited by CORed; 25th February 2013 at 01:45 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2013, 02:13 PM   #45
IMST
If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Somehow I doubt that people walking uphill repeatedly is going to meet the world's energy needs.
There's a ton of cheap labor to be had in Asia. Patent pending.
Old 26th February 2013, 01:45 AM   #46
dafydd
Banned

Sorry, but I donít believe that this is anything like a hooker
From any nation, continent or race
This is a gift from God
Evil forces have no doubt been battling to keep this hidden
For who knows how long, probably since electricity has been discovered
This is so simple it seems too simple too work
But it does work, and it works very well
You are using the change in size of pulleys
To multiply the amount of rotations
This is significant with electricity
As more rotations usually equals more power with electric motors/generators

I gave a collection of my answers to others earlier

we need to get this info out to the Tribulation Saints
I have a working free energy device in my house
it is my electric wheelchair, or any electric wheelchair
that has the drive gear settings changed
to max torque,(1st gear)
+ max speed,(10th gear)
WARNING = the pre-Trib started on March 14th, 2012
please google doorschristmustpassthrough + yolasite

joe lynch
one_christian_warrior(at)yahoo.ca
please Google beliefstoliveby + yolasite
Why are you posting in blank verse?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2013, 02:11 AM   #47
Captain_Swoop
Illuminator

<SNIP>

Mod WarningSNIPed, breach of rule 12.
Posted By:Locknar

Last edited by Locknar; 26th February 2013 at 04:57 AM.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2013, 02:38 AM   #48
dafydd
Banned

Why doesn't god give a real gift, like curing all children suffering from cancer instead of letting somebody go up and down a hill in an electric wheelchair?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2013, 02:44 AM   #49
Brian-M
Daydreamer

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Why doesn't god give a real gift, like curing all children suffering from cancer instead of letting somebody go up and down a hill in an electric wheelchair?
Or giving the wheelchair-bound person the capacity to walk.
Old 26th February 2013, 03:04 AM   #50
Fishstick
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
[Diety] works in mysterious ways!
Fishstick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2013, 04:47 AM   #51
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, but I donít believe that this is anything like a hooker
From any nation, continent or race
This is a gift from God
Evil forces have no doubt been battling to keep this hidden
For who knows how long, probably since electricity has been discovered
This is so simple it seems too simple too work
But it does work, and it works very well
You are using the change in size of pulleys
To multiply the amount of rotations
This is significant with electricity
As more rotations usually equals more power with electric motors/generators

I gave a collection of my answers to others earlier

we need to get this info out to the Tribulation Saints
I have a working free energy device in my house
it is my electric wheelchair, or any electric wheelchair
that has the drive gear settings changed
to max torque,(1st gear)
+ max speed,(10th gear)
WARNING = the pre-Trib started on March 14th, 2012
please google doorschristmustpassthrough + yolasite

joe lynch
one_christian_warrior(at)yahoo.ca
please Google beliefstoliveby + yolasite
Is this gibberish supposed to be relevant to your unproven claims about your magic energy machine? Your "Tribulation Saints" are another figment of your delusion.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate1 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2013, 05:18 AM   #52
Soapy Sam
NLH

https://www.yola.com/

How disappointing!
I expected yolasite to be an exotic substance like Cavorite, with properties that defy the laws of physics.
Soapy Sam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal