JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 27th February 2013, 09:10 PM   #281
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
So he's not smarter than that .22 of a person?
More probably decided that he is smarter than 99.78% of all the other holocaust deniers on the internet and extrapolated that to the general population.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2013, 04:43 AM   #282
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

In general "I'm right because I think I'm smart" is not a good debate strategy.
Old 28th February 2013, 07:03 AM   #283
Captain_Swoop
Philosopher

That's what people who aren't smart say.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2013, 07:20 AM   #284
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
More probably decided that he is smarter than 99.78% of all the other holocaust deniers on the internet and extrapolated that to the general population.
Other than the slight error in where the decimal point goes, I don't think he's too far off.
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2013, 07:33 AM   #285
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life

Location: Launching the army, waiting for Hok to commit her forces (then the moles strike...)
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post

Yes, but anyone who can read and write can say the same thing.

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2013, 11:02 AM   #286
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Batman was in on the Newtown Shootings Conspiracy:

http://revelationnow.net/2012/12/18/...ssacre-target/

That is some heavy duty crazy, man.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2013, 06:22 PM   #287
Elizabeth I
Olympic Equestrian Wannabe

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

OK, that's a minute (all I could stand to read) of my life I'll never get back.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. - Winston Churchill
Never wrestle with a pig - you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
My blog: Pardon me, may I ask...
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 12:29 AM   #288
abaddon
Philosopher

It's just eyewatering that anyone would put forth this idiocy. I weep for mankind.
Old 1st March 2013, 05:56 AM   #289
Alareth
Expert Expertologist

I love the self pat on the back update at the end showing how schools in Virginia shut down for a day because of the article.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 06:47 AM   #290
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster

I love the "don't be;lieve anything until you've3 done your own research" by which he means "find another crazy website to confirm my delusions."
Old 1st March 2013, 07:55 AM   #291
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

Location: Trying to decide whether to set defenses against an army, or against mole rats.
From a thread purporting to have evidence that the pope emeritus is gay, and the RCC is covering it up (Stundie in bold):

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Except that was not the only thing I noted.

Acting gay.
A companion who acts gay (despite having dated women in his youth which a lot of gay men have done).
In a profession that appears to have a larger proportion of gay men than some other professions.
Amidst a scandal that involves gay men in the Vatican.

So heterosexual behavior is evidence of homosexuallity. Who knew?

- Tragic Monkey
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 08:57 AM   #292
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
From a thread purporting to have evidence that the pope emeritus is gay, and the RCC is covering it up (Stundie in bold):

Wait, I dated women in my youth too! When do I become Gay then? 50, 60?
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 09:37 AM   #293
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
When you become pope and have to wear a lot of ceremonial clothing and holy jewelry.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 09:39 AM   #294
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I thought the bit about "his liking fancy clothes and rituals means he's gay" was more likely to be nominated. By that standard, every priest, ever, regardless of religion, has been gay!
Old 1st March 2013, 09:41 AM   #295
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
When you become pope and have to wear a lot of ceremonial clothing and holy jewelry.
Don't forget the red shoes!
Old 1st March 2013, 09:53 AM   #296
Metullus
Forum -Wit Pro Tem

**Click** "There's no place like Rome."

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 11:14 AM   #297
Willy Ekerslike
Student

Originally Posted by Myron Proudfoot View Post
I've noticed that most of the armchair warriors bitching about women in combat could have the crap beaten out of them by pretty much any of the servicewomen I know.
You put one word too many in there.
Originally Posted by Myron Proudfoot View Post
I've noticed that most of the armchair warriors bitching about women in combat could have the crap beaten out of them by pretty much any of the women I know.
That's it.

Last edited by Willy Ekerslike; 1st March 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Willy Ekerslike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 11:17 AM   #298
Willy Ekerslike
Student

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
That's what people who aren't smart say.
Correct
Willy Ekerslike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 11:35 AM   #299
cwalner
Philosopher

Well, no. You see, he dated women in his youth, and the experience was so traumatic that he went into a profession that gave him cover for never having to do so again.

Although my interpretation is that would make him not so much homosexual, but heterophobic.
Old 1st March 2013, 03:09 PM   #300
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Personally I am mid 50s and still not gay. maybe 60s or 70s
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 03:12 PM   #301
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose the sex with girls and women, and Fathers becoming fathers, is also a sign of being gay.
Old 1st March 2013, 03:14 PM   #302
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

He has to give those up starting today though. Maybe he's turning back to hetro. Newswatch item: public waits to see the colour of ex-pope's shoes. Will they be brown? black, green, yellow, red......? If he was Ukranian we might expect purple.
Old 1st March 2013, 03:34 PM   #303
Captain_Swoop
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I thought the bit about "his liking fancy clothes and rituals means he's gay" was more likely to be nominated. By that standard, every priest, ever, regardless of religion, has been gay!
So that includes every Military Officer then?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 03:49 PM   #304
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Does it work in reverse?

I dated men in my youth, but nowadays I'm happily married to a woman.

Does that mean I've been straight all along?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2013, 04:27 PM   #305
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
So that includes every Military Officer then?

My god, you're right! This gay thing goes further than we ever thought possible!
Old 1st March 2013, 05:01 PM   #306
azzthom
Muse

No words of mine can adequately convey anything about this one....

Quote:
CLEVELAND - A northern Ohio man has posted an online video claiming that a bird dropping on his windshield looks like Jesus. - See more at: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/....Rnl8GogM.dpuf
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...-of-jesus.html
azzthom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories