JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 11th February 2013, 03:07 AM   #81
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Charming, blaming the rape victim.
That is not what I did and you know it.

Please respond to the other questions, or do I need to bring some white feathers for you?

Oh! and a reminder:

ACQUITTED!
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2013, 03:28 AM   #82
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by Hallo Alfie View Post

Young boys never lie?
Charming, blaming the rape victim.
Wow! What a non-sequitur!
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2013, 04:16 AM   #83
Hallo Alfie
Banned

This thread could not be more ridiculous.

The man was acquitted in a court of law. If others wish to challenge the decision of the bench they are free to do so with additional evidence - even the complainants. One can only assume that anonymous posters have no such evidence, and yet they seem to think they are in a position to second guess the legal proceedings, evidence and judgements of those best placed to make such decisions.

Labor and their supporters are truly sad and desperate if this is among their best efforts to deflect from their own failures.

Pathetic really.
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2013, 04:39 AM   #84
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

That is not what I did and you know it.
You called them liars.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2013, 04:48 AM   #85
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Young boys never lie?
You called them liars.
Are you even reading the same thread that we are?
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2013, 01:42 PM   #86
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Absolutely. Children lie frequently especially about sex. I was once accused of stalking a teenage girl simply because I was looking for a house number. If the owner hadn't confirmed that this was my first visit ever I don't know what the police would have done.

A teacher I know was accused of "peeping" in a boy's toilet. If I and other teachers hadn't witnessed that he never even entered the toilet and if the boy concerned wasn't known to be a compulsive and malicious liar, he would probably have been charged and jailed.

These are not isolated incidents. False accusations are a major occupational hazard for anybody who is in charge of children.

Yours and AUP's "accused = guilty" mentality is Spanish Inquisition stuff that has no place in a democratic society.
That's right. What if that teacher had in fact been lurking around those toilets in their underwear, and admitted it. You might then give more credence to those accusations.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2013, 02:50 PM   #87
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Hardly, they aren't members of the Labor party. In contrast, the Catholic Church protected many, aided and abbetted by Tony Abbott.
Proof of this outrageous claim please.
Old 11th February 2013, 06:17 PM   #88
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

That's right. What if that teacher had in fact been lurking around those toilets in their underwear, and admitted it. You might then give more credence to those accusations.
Is that the best you've got? "Suppose the facts had been different therefore guilty"?

Last edited by psionl0; 11th February 2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12th February 2013, 12:43 AM   #89
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Is that the best you've got? "Suppose the facts had been different therefore guilty"?
Old 12th February 2013, 12:47 AM   #90
Hallo Alfie
Banned

In contrast, the Catholic Church protected many, aided and abbetted by Tony Abbott.
Please explain and/or support this extraordinary claim about Tony Abbott.
Old 12th February 2013, 01:04 AM   #91
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Please explain and/or support this extraordinary claim about Tony Abbott.
Already explained. Character reference for a Catholic priest piece of scum.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2013, 01:29 AM   #92
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Piffle! Nothing has been explained, nor does your explanation wash.
The claim is that Abbott has aided and abetted the protection of paedophiles.

Evidence please
Old 12th February 2013, 01:35 AM   #93
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Meanwhile one of the real paedophiles of politics (alleged) is in the news again.
Truly one of Labor's best and brightest.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-1...-court/4514694

Last edited by Hallo Alfie; 12th February 2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12th February 2013, 01:42 AM   #94
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

A state MP??

Not convicted??

Laughable.

You know, evidence etc.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2013, 01:44 AM   #95
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

I bet I could find some very dodgy Liberal local government councellors in Dingo Spit Shire.....

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12th February 2013, 01:52 AM   #96
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A state MP??
Labor party MP.

Not convicted??
Alleged (as stated)

You know, evidence etc.
Evidence of what? That he is an alleged paedophile?

Now to the OP:

ACQUITTED!!
Old 12th February 2013, 01:56 AM   #97
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Now to the OP:

ACQUITTED!!
No, the OP is about Abbott's head first and enthusiastic support of a Catholic piece of scum.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12th February 2013, 02:48 AM   #98
Hallo Alfie
Banned

This is truly hilarious. I cannot believe that intelligent people could think the way some here are claiming.
Abbott wrote a reference for an acquitted man. The judge also called him a decent man (owtte).

Hang 'em all high and hang 'em now.

Last edited by Hallo Alfie; 12th February 2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12th February 2013, 03:46 AM   #99
a_unique_person

Meanwhile one of the real paedophiles of politics (alleged) is in the news again.
Suspended from that party, sitting as an independent. How many character references do you think he's got from them?
Old 12th February 2013, 03:57 AM   #100
Hallo Alfie
Banned

He could be given 100s from them and I couldn't care less - as long as he is ACQUITTED.
Old 12th February 2013, 04:50 AM   #101
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

A state MP Catholic priest??

Not convicted??

Laughable.

You know, evidence etc.
ftfy.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:00 AM   #102
a_unique_person

He could be given 100s from them and I couldn't care less - as long as he is ACQUITTED.
The priest was acquitted, apparently because the appeal judge thought he seemed like a nice person. Some of the worst pedophiles seemed like the nicest people. They should have believed the children he sexually assaulted, the Catholic Church did.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:06 AM   #103
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

The priest was acquitted, apparently because the appeal judge thought he seemed like a nice person. Some of the worst pedophiles seemed like the nicest people. They should have believed the children he sexually assaulted, the Catholic Church did.
You're just making this up.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:07 AM   #104
a_unique_person

Make up your mind. He hasn't been found guilty, so why refer to him as a 'real paedophile'?

From what I can see, he is guilty. Good riddance to him.
Old 12th February 2013, 02:37 PM   #105
Hallo Alfie
Banned

The priest was acquitted, apparently because the appeal judge thought he seemed like a nice person.
Unsupportable nonsense. The judge would have applied and considered the points of law in his judgement. To suggest otherwise impugns not only the judge but Australia's legal system as a whole, and brings this to the level of a consipracy.

Some of the worst pedophiles seemed like the nicest people. They should have believed the children he sexually assaulted, the Catholic Church did.
Also unsupportable. You have not shown that this priests' laicism had anything to do with the charges laid nor any other charges of sexual misconduct.

Your entire case is a CT.

Could the mods please move this thread to the CT forum. Thanks.
Old 12th February 2013, 08:35 PM   #106
alex04
Critical Thinker

It amuses me that a certain few can't quite grasp the fact that this thread is lampooning fanatics who seem zealously concerned with the integrity of politicians - but only ones of a certain political persuasion. Where in such cases they'll latch on to anything that resembles the mere appearance of impropriety.

Props to those that took the bait. I enjoyed the chuckle.
alex04 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2013, 09:51 PM   #107
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by alex04 View Post
It amuses me that a certain few can't quite grasp the fact that this thread is lampooning fanatics who seem zealously concerned with the integrity of politicians - but only ones of a certain political persuasion. Where in such cases they'll latch on to anything that resembles the mere appearance of impropriety.

Props to those that took the bait. I enjoyed the chuckle.
Sadly they are quite serous.
Doubts were raised about the seriousness early on, they have stuck to their guns.

One should not need to further point out that the main protagonists in all this have continued over some years to express their hatred towards their targets. To suggest they are simply lampooning would fly in the face of years of active bile and spit.

It is a nice try at providing them an out, but I'm not buying it.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:05 PM   #108
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Sadly they are quite serous.
Doubts were raised about the seriousness early on, they have stuck to their guns.

One should not need to further point out that the main protagonists in all this have continued over some years to express their hatred towards their targets. To suggest they are simply lampooning would fly in the face of years of active bile and spit

It is a nice try at providing them an out, but I'm not buying it.
I invite people to have a look at the "Julia Gillard is a liar" thread to see some very good examples of the hilighted.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12th February 2013, 10:24 PM   #109
Hallo Alfie
Banned

And no refutation that this is a thread to lampoon.
Cheers.

I would like to respond to the off topic nature of LK's post however.

It has been suggested that this thread is about a pay back (so to speak) for the wrongs said of the left and/or Gillard. It was only the hatred towards conservative/coalition types that initiated same. It is funny that when the hatred was being cast about by the left all was ok, when the shoe was on the other foot the screams of "no fair" became deafening.
Ironic, no?

I also hasten to point out that in the thread in question, Gillard's lies are documented and/or from the horses mouth (so to speak), this thread and the assertions within same are far from that. People are more than welcome to defend her lies and misdemeanors or debate same there, but I notice no one has the stomach for it anymore. It is hard to defend a no contest assertion, I guess.

But I applaud Lionking's invitation for all to read the thread and get involved - her failures should be identified and acknowledged by as many as possible.
Thanks again.

Last edited by Hallo Alfie; 12th February 2013 at 10:32 PM.

JREF Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics