JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 22nd January 2013, 07:40 PM   #241
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose that if you had a time machine you could go back to the beginning of the universe and see if it happens in 6 days. But where would you park?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:20 AM   #242
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I suppose that if you had a time machine you could go back to the beginning of the universe and see if it happens in 6 days. But where would you park?
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2013, 01:58 PM   #243
epix
Banned

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
In the parking lots numbered 13 and 7.

Why those?

Because 6 = 13 - 7

Ah, come on. Don't you really understand the meaning behind the "six days?"

Quote:
The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model that describes the early development of the Universe, which in physical cosmology is believed to have occurred about 13.7 billion years ago.
epix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2013, 02:57 PM   #244
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by epix View Post
In the parking lots numbered 13 and 7.

Why those?

Because 6 = 13 - 7

Ah, come on. Don't you really understand the meaning behind the "six days?"
So in the bible ''six days'' means ''13.7 billion years''? And that book is suppose to be true? That is hilarious.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2013, 08:47 PM   #245
AdMan
Philosopher

The Empirical Evidence of Non-Existing God

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
So in the bible ''six days'' means ''13.7 billion years''? And that book is suppose to be true? That is hilarious.
Welcome to Catholic "interpretation" of the Buybull, with some idiotic numerology mixed in for good measure.

JREF Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy