JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags james millette , kevin ryan , Niels Harrit , paint chips , richard gage , steven jones , wtc

Old 31st July 2014, 06:31 PM   #4681
chrismohr
Graduate Poster

Some interesting updates for my friends here...
1) I got some campfire ashes from a campfire pit in the COlorado mountains, probably pine, which doesn't burn all that hot. I'm sending it off and will let you all know if we find iron-rich microspheres in the ashes. I expect we won't, but I can be surprised. Since some people here assert that they can be created in any campfire, now I can see if that is correct or not.
2) I continue to get mixed signals from people in 9/11 Truth. Two people now have asked me if I could find some WTC dust for Mark Basile, and Mark never responded when I wrote to him (directly and through an intermediary). One of those people recently asked me for WTC dust again, and said Mark won't talk to me but an intermediary will. I wrote to the intermediary and so far no response. I have two possible sources but when I offer help I get either insults or silence.
3) MM is so busy combing through old posts to make me look bad, he is conveniently ignoring the real research I have done and the very real help I have gotten from the fire chemists, who have provided me with peer-reviewed proof that using laser thermometers, the temperatures of carbon based fires can be shown to far exceed the melting point of steel in highly localized areas. He has made the breathtaking comparison of Millette taking a first look at iron-rich spheres and deciding there might be something there to invesitigate, with Jones et al having TEM and FTIR done for his 2009 published paper and withholding the data! Neither published their data, but to compare the two is why I have given up all hope with him. Equally breathtaking is his calling me a hypocrite for saying that Jones didn't publish the TEM results because he didn't like them-- when Jones SAID he was not satisfied with the results himself!-- and then complaining that I can't tolerate MM's accusation that Millette "likely" heated the chips to 430C! The mind reels from such accusations.
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com

Last edited by chrismohr; 31st July 2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: clarifying
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2014, 06:39 PM   #4682
chrismohr
Graduate Poster

duplicate post
WTC Dust study http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64959841/911...12webHiRes.pdf Hundreds more links and info both sides: http:www.chrismohr911.com

Last edited by chrismohr; 31st July 2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: duplicate post
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2014, 10:48 PM   #4683
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
Some interesting updates for my friends here... ...
Ignore MM, you have done real work on 911 issues. MM only repeats the party line. You have the guts to debate idiots, be polite and win - you do, I type. Keep up the good works, here, there and everywhere. Ignore mm, it is the thing that would be cool.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2014, 01:16 PM   #4684
chrismohr
Graduate Poster

You and Ozeco41 agree with each other and you may be right. After my last video comes out and a couple months pass, I do plan to phase out of 911. What more is there to research to convince me? In the meantime, I am choosing not to let MM and others get away with making accusations against me personally. In 911Truthland, ignoring someone is followed by the claim that the victim of the slur is unable to defend himself because the charges are true! The "unanswered accusation" has been hurled at more people than I can count. So for now I keep responding. I could change my mind any day tho.
Old 2nd August 2014, 06:56 AM   #4685
Miragememories
Illuminator

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
I got some campfire ashes from a campfire pit in the COlorado mountains, probably pine, which doesn't burn all that hot.

I'm sending it off and will let you all know if we find iron-rich microspheres in the ashes.

I expect we won't, but I can be surprised.

Since some people here assert that they can be created in any campfire, now I can see if that is correct or not.
This is would be quite funny if it was not so sad.

You can readily send garbage off to who knows where for testing, but you cannot do the same with Millette's leftovers.
"I am glad to reassure the people of New York and Washington, D.C. that their air is safe to breathe and their water is safe to drink."
-Christie Todd Whitman, EPA Press Release, 9/18/2001
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2014, 07:15 AM   #4686
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

^^
Pathetic.

-Henry David Thoreau
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:25 AM   #4687
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
This is would be quite funny if it was not so sad.

You can readily send garbage off to who knows where for testing, but you cannot do the same with Millette's leftovers.
The sad part is you don't see how this is good for you. The more places where "iron-microspheres"are proven not to form the better, right? Are you afraid he might find some?

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2014, 01:49 AM   #4688
remo
Scholar

the failure of imagination.

Pine fueled campfire ash and Iron-rich spheroids?!

If I sat a thousand days to think of something less pertinent to the 911 conspiracy, I doubt I could have scouted something more ridiculous than a pine fueled picnic fire. But. Golly Gosh. Thas just me.
remo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2014, 03:01 PM   #4689
Miragememories
Illuminator

Originally Posted by remo View Post

If I sat a thousand days to think of something less pertinent to the 911 conspiracy, I doubt I could have scouted something more ridiculous than a pine fueled picnic fire. But. Golly Gosh. Thas just me.
You obviously were unaware that such activity is part of an indepth investigation.
"I am glad to reassure the people of New York and Washington, D.C. that their air is safe to breathe and their water is safe to drink."
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2014, 03:33 PM   #4690
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You obviously were unaware that such activity is part of an indepth investigation.
Possibly something of a "new" concept called a base-line. In-fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he did find "iron-microspheres" in these ashes.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

Last edited by DGM; 4th August 2014 at 03:41 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2014, 04:38 PM   #4691
Miragememories
Illuminator

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Possibly something of a "new" concept called a base-line. In-fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he did find "iron-microspheres" in these ashes.

Are they the ashes you promised to send him?

Too funny.
Old 4th August 2014, 04:45 PM   #4692
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Too funny.
You know what's funny? Automatically assuming "iron-rich spheres" could only come from a thermite reaction, without really investigating other mechanisms.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2014, 05:05 PM   #4693
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Too funny.
Nope.

I wonder how common iron could be on earth.

Old 4th August 2014, 08:20 PM   #4694
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Nope.

I wonder how common iron could be on earth.
If Jones and Harrit investigate the earth's crust, they would conclude thermite.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2014, 12:54 AM   #4695
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
If Jones and Harrit investigate the earth's crust, they would conclude thermite.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2014, 03:06 PM   #4696
remo
Scholar

The Failure of Imagination

Around Chris Mohrs campfire, all agree. The earth has iron in its veins.

Convinced that the microspheres under discussion, at 5.87% of the gargantuan heated DUST clouds rampaging the canyons of Manhattan that terrible day, and identifiably the result of exothermic reaction of complex and industrially manufactured nano particled thermitic materiel found in the mix are evidence of burned paint; take quiet solace.
look forward to retirement from the fray.
About them the heavens swirl and the sun revolves. All is in order.
remo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2014, 03:16 PM   #4697
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Convinced that the microspheres under discussion, at 5.87% of the gargantuan heated DUST clouds rampaging the canyons of Manhattan that terrible day, and identifiably the result of exothermic reaction of complex and industrially manufactured nano particled thermitic materiel found in the mix are evidence of burned paint; take quiet solace.
look forward to retirement from the fray.
About them the heavens swirl and the sun revolves. All is in order.
.......Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" 14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" 15God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.…

I thought it was an appropriate response............

Last edited by DGM; 11th August 2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11th August 2014, 03:35 PM   #4698
remo
Scholar

In the houses of appropriation.

No., I think that was John McCain talking to Abdel Hakim Belhaj of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) before he went over to ISIL

But otherwise, given the campfires of Chris and Dr.Jim, I can certainly see why you would think so.
Old 11th August 2014, 03:44 PM   #4699
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The continuous failure of 911 truth's Big Lie - Jones failed lies

But otherwise, given the campfires of Chris and Dr.Jim, I can certainly see why you would think so.
What will Jones do in the 13th year of delusional thermite failure. Where is Jones and his failed movement of woo? Why did Jones fail to fool anyone but a fringe few paranoid conspiracy theorists with his fantasy of thermite. How can Jones make up a bigger lie.

Why do 911 truth followers fail to realize iron is at 5 to 6 percent of the earth's crust, about the same level found in the dust. Iron occurs in WTC dust at the same rate as dust from the earth. And thus Jones, makes up thermite to fool a few dumbed down followers. Why does Jones lie about 911? Can Jones name who did his fantasy version of 911, or is he unable to connect the dots?

Why has 911 truth failed to produce reality based evidence? 911 truth claims are based on talk.

Last edited by beachnut; 11th August 2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11th August 2014, 04:17 PM   #4700
remo
Scholar

Campfires. Backburners and the joke of big Jim.

Its the FORM the 911DUST's 5.87% 'iron' is in - Identified Fe spheroids- would deviate your argument. Explicitly formed by thermitic reaction. With elemental Sulfur inside. Not a match scratch prairie fire.
The identified Spheres are result of chemical ignition. Reaction. Spitting Molten steel fluids into the churning atmosphere during ignition, cutting the beams and girders in symphony., in accord with the erupting pulverized DUST of concrete coming down., molten spit turning into spheres at the same RATE of the buildings disintegration.
The earths 'percentage of Iron' translating into the spheroids under question, is a broken wing flutter, off in the night time sage brush.
Old 11th August 2014, 04:39 PM   #4701
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Its the FORM the 911DUST's 5.87% 'iron' is in - Identified Fe spheroids- would deviate your argument.
And that would be identified by the same people that refuse to share their samples and are the only ones that have "proof" of their results?

Old 11th August 2014, 07:50 PM   #4702
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Its the FORM the 911DUST's 5.87% 'iron' is in - Identified Fe spheroids- would deviate your argument. Explicitly formed by thermitic reaction. With elemental Sulfur inside. Not a match scratch prairie fire.
The identified Spheres are result of chemical ignition. Reaction. Spitting Molten steel fluids into the churning atmosphere during ignition, cutting the beams and girders in symphony., in accord with the erupting pulverized DUST of concrete coming down., molten spit turning into spheres at the same RATE of the buildings disintegration.
The earths 'percentage of Iron' translating into the spheroids under question, is a broken wing flutter, off in the night time sage brush.
How many lies did you post?

http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2001/ofr-01-0429/feats-1um.html
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0050-02/fs-050-02_508.pdf
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2001/ofr-01-0429/

The WTC dust was not 5.87 percent iron. You lied.
The iron was found to be from concrete, iron bearing substance in the WTC, rust from the steel. OOPS, you lied for 911 truth based on BS.

The spheres are from rust, and Jones failed, Jones lied about the iron spheres, fooling a few who refuse to think for themselves.

911 truth followers are unable, unwilling to comprehend reality.

911 truth, in the 13th year of spreading lies, mocking those murdered on 911.
Old 12th August 2014, 07:13 AM   #4703
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

Looks like MM and Remo Tokay are so worried about someone finding out that there are ways to make iron-rich spheroids without thermite, that they will gleefully ridicule any serious attempt to answer this question.

That makes me want to do the experiment even more.

I got the ashes, Chris! Now to arrange some quality lab time before the forum closes.

Ergo beedunked here.

Skeptical Inquirer July/August 2011 issue on 9/11 Truth
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2014, 06:17 PM   #4704
Redwood
Muse

Convinced that the microspheres under discussion, at 5.87% of the gargantuan heated DUST clouds rampaging the canyons of Manhattan that terrible day
Here's your problem, Remo: Once you concede that any of the "iron rich spheres" can come from sources other than "nanothermite", how do you know that all of them didn't come from other sources?

Perhaps you could show that "5.87%" exceeds the physical limit possible in a fire. Maybe the physical limit is 4.12345%. How are you going to prove that?

Maybe these spheres have a unique property:

Quote:
Is that your final answer, Remo? Elemental sulfur? You do know what "elemental" means, right? And "thermate" is SO 2006!
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2014, 06:20 AM   #4705
chrismohr
Graduate Poster

Dave Thomas did a couple experiments to show what happens with ordinary fire. The second one is especially instructive because it shows iron-rich spheres arising from a regular fire of primer paint on steel. The campfire experiment is actually a response to Beachnut's claim that iron-rich spheres are commonplace even in a regular campfire. I am skeptical of that claim and my hypothesis is that we will NOT find iron-rich spheres there, that it requires diffrerent conditions. My attempt to test Beschnut's claim is being mocked, which I find ironic, since I expect it will call into question Beachnut's claim. I expect that if we DON'T find iron-rich spheres, Beachnut will withdraw his assertion. I also expect that if we DO find iron-rich spheres in this much maligned campfire ash collection, the mockery of my little experiment will continue. But how funny that my test of Beachnut's claim is accepted by Beachnut himself but not by MM and Remo!

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories