JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 3rd May 2013, 02:43 PM   #521
Matthew Best
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JihadJane View Post
For me to be able to respond, you'll have to be more ambitious and specific in your analysis than "this crap".
Has it really taken three months to come up with that answer?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:11 PM   #522
Charlie Wilkes
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JihadJane View Post
For me to be able to respond, you'll have to be more ambitious and specific in your analysis than "this crap".
I'm not analyzing. I asked a question, which I'll rephrase to be less vulgar:

Do you think Mahoney's film, which you linked above in this thread, makes a credible case that children were systematically abused at Haut de la Garenne, and this was covered up by local officials?

Here's a link to that video, for anyone who is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq6lJsBz9UY
Charlie Wilkes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:46 PM   #523
Matthew Best
Illuminator

I'll check back in August to see the response to your question.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2013, 03:40 AM   #524
JihadJane
Penultimate Satisfaction

OK.
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2013, 03:44 AM   #525
JihadJane
Penultimate Satisfaction

Originally Posted by Charlie Wilkes View Post
I'm not analyzing. I asked a question, which I'll rephrase to be less vulgar:

Do you think Mahoney's film, which you linked above in this thread, makes a credible case that children were systematically abused at Haut de la Garenne, and this was covered up by local officials?

Here's a link to that video, for anyone who is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq6lJsBz9UY
On the contrary, "this crap" is definitely an analysis.

I appreciated the film as a child abuse survivor's emotional journey into the weirdness of the kind of insitutionalized child abuse that he grew up with.
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2013, 04:00 AM   #526
JihadJane
Penultimate Satisfaction

'Jimmy Savile: Five-year-old revealed as youngest victim of UK's most prolific paedophile'

West Yorkshire Police said that the victim was one of 68 people who have come forward to say they were abused by the TV star
Old 10th May 2013, 01:49 PM   #527
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

FYI I've started a separate thread on barrister Barbara Hewson's comments about the "persecution of old men" and her advocacy of 13 as the UK age of consent, the end of anonymity for alleged sex abuse victims and a statute of limitations.
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2013, 03:01 PM   #528
JihadJane
Penultimate Satisfaction

Child Sex Abuse and the UK Establishment.

Is the cover-up finally unraveling?

'UK Establishment Closes Ranks as Organised Child Sex Abuse Network Leads Back to No. 10 '
Old 18th January 2014, 02:26 PM   #529
JihadJane
Penultimate Satisfaction

'
Revealed: how Jimmy Savile abused up to 1,000 victims on BBC premises

Executives turned a blind eye to attacks, according to former judge's 'shocking' finding
'

Quote:
The BBC will be plunged into a major crisis with the publication of a damning review, expected next month, that will reveal its staff turned a blind eye to the rape and sexual assault of up to 1,000 girls and boys by Jimmy Savile in the corporation's changing rooms and studios.

Dame Janet Smith, a former court of appeal judge, who previously led the inquiry into the murders by Dr Harold Shipman, will say in her report that the true number of victims of Savile's sexual proclivities may never be known but that his behaviour had been recognised by BBC executives who took no action.

"I was talking to someone at BBC Manchester in Salford who said 'we knew about Stuart Hall. He had a room where he would take women and young people'. You think: 'Oh my God, these people were offending almost in open sight and no one thought to intervene.'"

Last edited by JihadJane; 18th January 2014 at 02:34 PM.

JREF Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events