JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices


Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags 2012 election

Reply
Old 30th November 2012, 10:24 AM   #561
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Hey! Another anecdote! A nice story to warm the heart.

Where are your missing voters, Robert?

Where is the evidence that the election was stolen/rigged?
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 12:22 PM   #562
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster
 
Myron Proudfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington DC area.
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by CORed View Post
"Have become"? I don't recall a time when his posts were anything but incredibly stupid.
"When did water become so WET?"
__________________
InfoWars. Punching logic in the face on a daily basis. (from Facebook)
Myron Proudfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 12:41 PM   #563
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,986
God, another right wing wackjob exploiting the Founding Fathers. I wonder if they have actually READ some of what the Founding fathers said, Jefferson in particular. Would give them a heart attack, probably.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 12:42 PM   #564
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,530
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Comment:
This is what our Founders envisioned?

http://forums.randi.org/picture.php?...pictureid=7009
Yes.
A nation where all men are created equally. By which token the guy not judged by his skin, who has not been associated (rightly or wrongly) with homophobic sentiments getting in the white house is exactly what was envisioned.

The lurid and silly painting with their image taken in vain as a replacement for actual discussion? Less so.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 01:03 PM   #565
R.A.F.
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
...conservative hammers.com...
Oh, COME ON, Robert....do you really expect us to IN ANY WAY accept such BIASED crap?


At least attempt, Robert, to make a rational argument...posting Republican "sore loser" garbage IS NOT EVIDENCE OF FRAUD.
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 01:29 PM   #566
Alareth
Expert Expertologist
 
Alareth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,578
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
God, another right wing wackjob exploiting the Founding Fathers. I wonder if they have actually READ some of what the Founding fathers said, Jefferson in particular. Would give them a heart attack, probably.
Jefferson is a FFINO
__________________
Pixelated Reality | Alareth Does Art!

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 02:04 PM   #567
Garrison
Graduate Poster
 
Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milton Keynes UK
Posts: 1,994
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
God, another right wing wackjob exploiting the Founding Fathers. I wonder if they have actually READ some of what the Founding fathers said, Jefferson in particular. Would give them a heart attack, probably.
Well the old quote seems quite appropriate:

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel"

And Robert seems to be all out of arguments and evidence so why not try a little flag waving?
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 07:09 PM   #568
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster
 
Myron Proudfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Washington DC area.
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
Jefferson is a FFINO
This should be nominated for something!
__________________
InfoWars. Punching logic in the face on a daily basis. (from Facebook)
Myron Proudfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 07:28 PM   #569
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator
 
EventHorizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,001
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post

Comment:
This is what our Founders envisioned?

http://forums.randi.org/picture.php?...pictureid=7009
I can't figure out if that comment along with that picture is thinly veiled bigotry and racism or full-blown bigotry and racism.
__________________
"One of the hardest parts of being an active skeptic - of anything - is knowing when to cut your losses, and then doing so."
-Phil Plait
EventHorizon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 08:17 PM   #570
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
Hey! Another anecdote! A nice story to warm the heart.

Where are your missing voters, Robert?

Where is the evidence that the election was stolen/rigged?

My vote didn’t count

I really looked forward to this election as a real chance for my voice to be heard in the political arena.

Unfortunately, when I checked the Kitsap County Online Ballot Delivery and Voter Guide — http://wa.nationalvoterguide.com/county/kitsap/track — I found my ballot had “never been received” by the county elections office.

Everyone who voted in Kitsap County should check the status of their ballots. I’d be interested to see how many others were disenfranchised, like me.

Rob Reeve

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/n...#ixzz2DkIobXc2
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 08:19 PM   #571
ComfySlippers
Graduate Poster
 
ComfySlippers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,597
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I can't figure out if that comment along with that picture is thinly veiled bigotry and racism or full-blown bigotry and racism.
It's the latter. Unfortunately RP is an idiotic troll who wouldn't know the difference. ./ignore
__________________
___
Sincerely and without malice aforethought, ill will, vexation or frivolity,
Comfy: of the family Slippers
Footwear-on-the-Loungefloor

___
ComfySlippers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 08:30 PM   #572
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelor's Grove Cemetery
Posts: 8,195
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
My vote didn’t count

I really looked forward to this election as a real chance for my voice to be heard in the political arena.

Unfortunately, when I checked the Kitsap County Online Ballot Delivery and Voter Guide — http://wa.nationalvoterguide.com/county/kitsap/track — I found my ballot had “never been received” by the county elections office.

Everyone who voted in Kitsap County should check the status of their ballots. I’d be interested to see how many others were disenfranchised, like me.

Rob Reeve

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/n...#ixzz2DkIobXc2
So, what happened to his ballot?

How many Obama voter's ballots got lost?
__________________
"Things that never happened before happen all the time." (Scott Sagan, 1993)
"Put down the Wite-Out and step away from the dictionary." (000063, 2012)
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." (John Kenneth Galbraith, 1971)
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 08:39 PM   #573
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,937
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Read more
Oh yay, another irrelevant anecdote of isolated voting irregularity. Not even an allegation of wrongdoing, just of error.

And in your rush to spam the thread with any and every claim of voting irregularity, you forgot to tell us which candidate this person intended to vote for. For all you know, the vote was for Obama and a GOP-sympathetic clerk discarded it.

We asked for evidence, not an ongoing tantrum.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 08:51 PM   #574
abaddon
Philosopher
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,969
It's not even an anecdote about this election, it's from 2010.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 08:57 PM   #575
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,937
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It's not even an anecdote about this election, it's from 2010.
Excellent catch!

Robert? Care to explain yourself?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2012, 10:56 PM   #576
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
My vote didn’t count

I really looked forward to this election as a real chance for my voice to be heard in the political arena.

Unfortunately, when I checked the Kitsap County Online Ballot Delivery and Voter Guide — http://wa.nationalvoterguide.com/county/kitsap/track — I found my ballot had “never been received” by the county elections office.

Everyone who voted in Kitsap County should check the status of their ballots. I’d be interested to see how many others were disenfranchised, like me.

Rob Reeve

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/n...#ixzz2DkIobXc2
So nice for you to provide another bedtime story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCsQCySbxQI

Evidence, Robbie? You know, that stuff that is admissible in a court of law.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 02:26 AM   #577
sleepy_lioness
Muse
 
sleepy_lioness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 578
So? My American friend here in the UK wasn't able to cast her absentee ballot (for Obama, in 2012) because Sandy shut down the offices in her area. These problems happen.
sleepy_lioness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 04:31 AM   #578
Dcdrac
Illuminator
 
Dcdrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,994
and this latest tidbit is from 2010......

Mr Prey you have to do alot better than that
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 04:36 AM   #579
Dcdrac
Illuminator
 
Dcdrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,994
All the elections office will tell me now is that they can’t count a ballot if they don’t receive it.

Either the federal U.S. Postal Service or our county elections office failed me. I am extremely upset by this. I feel voting is my sacred duty.

Everyone who voted in Kitsap County should check the status of their ballots. I’d be interested to see how many others were disenfranchised, like me.

Rob Reeve

© 2010 Kitsap Sun. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/n...#ixzz2DnrOL1zx
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 06:48 AM   #580
Robert Prey
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Excellent catch!

Robert? Care to explain yourself?
Nonsense.
Robert Prey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 07:11 AM   #581
Rich_C
Thinker
 
Rich_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 164
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Nonsense.
Yes, your link was nonsense. It was from 2010.

And the link in the letter was broken. I guess it was good in 2010. But no way to tell now.
Rich_C is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 07:13 AM   #582
Straw Man
Flammable
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In your argument
Posts: 8,188
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Nonsense.
What is nonsense, Robert?
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. -Abraham Lincoln

You are a lawyer. You should know that evidence is not stuff printed from the internet. - Judge Margines: Taitz v Obama et al.
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 08:17 AM   #583
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
tsig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,903
Originally Posted by remirol View Post
You pretty much just make this stuff up as you go, don't you?
You're giving him too much credit, this is just spewback from all the loser sites.
tsig is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 08:24 AM   #584
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
tsig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,903
Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I'm not sure, but i think it involves armies of shape-shifting, teleporting African-American zombies or something equally plausible.
If they could shape shift then photo ID's wouldn't be a problem.
tsig is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 08:30 AM   #585
JayUtah
Philosopher
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 5,937
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Nonsense.
I remind you it's a sin to tell a lie.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 09:28 AM   #586
BazBear
Teddy Bears do have teeth!
 
BazBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Posts: 1,775
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Nonsense.
What? Are you saying early voting for the 2012 election in WA began in 2010?
__________________
I don't see how an article of clothing can be indecent. A person, yes. - Robert A. Heinlein
If Christ died for our sins, dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them? - Jules Feiffer
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 10:00 AM   #587
R.A.F.
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
Nonsense.
Edited by kmortis:  Removed personal comments.

Last edited by kmortis; 4th December 2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Removed to comply with Rule 12 & Rule 0
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 11:45 AM   #588
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I beedunk 40 miles from the border
Posts: 13,801
So it was a 2010 Senatorial election, mailed in ballot, that is supposed to be evidence of 2012 Presidental election fraud is it?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 06:11 PM   #589
amensae
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Originally Posted by Robert Prey View Post
This is what our Founders envisioned?
http://forums.randi.org/picture.php?...pictureid=7009
The lurid and silly painting with their image taken in vain as a replacement for actual discussion?

I think it’s brilliant. But as a foreigner, I also have some questions.
(1) Is that a tear I see on Washington’s cheek? Isn’t it a bit disrespectful depicting the Father of Your Country as a cry-baby?
(2) I don’t get the flock of sheeple outside the Capitol building. Isn’t there a Republican House majority? So are Republican voters also sheeple?
(3) What’s with the Israeli flags? The Jews supported Obama because he is such a good friend of Israel and Republicans aren’t?
(4) Am I wrong to expect a semblance of logic?
amensae is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 06:15 PM   #590
Janadele
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,515
It seems evident, if one can believe anything one reads, that the American voting system is a sham.
Janadele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 06:19 PM   #591
abaddon
Philosopher
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,969
Originally Posted by amensae View Post
I think it’s brilliant. But as a foreigner, I also have some questions.
(1) Is that a tear I see on Washington’s cheek? Isn’t it a bit disrespectful depicting the Father of Your Country as a cry-baby?
Yup, some illustrator made it up. If it is a pdf file, I am sure RP can find some fake layers for you.
Originally Posted by amensae View Post
(2) I don’t get the flock of sheeple outside the Capitol building. Isn’t there a Republican House majority? So are Republican voters also sheeple?
Democrats ba-a-a-ad. Republicans Me-e-e-eh. It swung the election.
Originally Posted by amensae View Post
(3) What’s with the Israeli flags? The Jews supported Obama because he is such a good friend of Israel and Republicans aren’t?
Israel is a swing state. We're winning=Israel good, we're losing=Israel bad. Or vice-versa as required by politics du jour.
Originally Posted by amensae View Post
(4) Am I wrong to expect a semblance of logic?
Yes. Very, very wrong.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2012, 06:29 PM   #592
BazBear
Teddy Bears do have teeth!
 
BazBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Posts: 1,775
Originally Posted by Janadele View Post
It seems evident, if one can believe anything one reads, that the American voting system is a sham.
The highlighted part would be the problem, because one can't take just anything one reads as the unvarnished FSM-honest truth. That seems quite evident to me.
__________________
I don't see how an article of clothing can be indecent. A person, yes. - Robert A. Heinlein
If Christ died for our sins, dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them? - Jules Feiffer
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2001-2013, James Randi Educational Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.