JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 8th December 2012, 07:15 PM   #1
MNBrant
Master Poster

Did Mcaffee do it

maybe it was too much bath salts in his rectum that made him act all crazy but it really looks to me like he did it. Barring what they find out about his neighbor that is. I have nothing new to ad other than whats been published however
MNBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2012, 07:44 PM   #2
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Why is this in politics? Did McAfee have political ties I'm not aware of?
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2012, 09:31 PM   #3
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

As far as I can tell from the pictures he didn't wear ties......

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Matthew Best
Illuminator

We should get answers quite quickly as I understand the trial will only last for 30 days.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2012, 07:04 AM   #5
CaptBang
Scholar

Peter Norton set him up, MaCafee bugged him for years.
Old 9th December 2012, 07:52 AM   #6
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by CaptBang View Post
Peter Norton set him up, MaCafee bugged him for years.

CT forum is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Got a giggle out of me, that did).
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2012, 08:57 AM   #7
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Did what?

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 08:45 AM   #8
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Did what?
You know, "it".

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

?

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 10:21 AM   #10
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

He's not an attractive young woman, so who cares?

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Psi Baba
Homo Skepticalis

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
We should get answers quite quickly as I understand the trial will only last for 30 days.
Old 10th December 2012, 10:45 AM   #12
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
This went over my head when I first read it. Now I get it.

Very good.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Roger Ramjets
Graduate Poster

McAfee Wants to Return to U.S., ‘Normal Life’
Quote:
The creator of the McAfee antivirus program again denied involvement in the killing... claims he is being persecuted by corrupt politicians.
I could believe that. Belize is a very corrupt country. It ranked an abysmal 109th on the 2008 Corruption Perceptions Index. It may be even more corrupt now, but we simply don't know because it is not disclosing the necessary information to be ranked.

Quote:
McAfee has led an eccentric life since he sold his stake in the anti-virus software company named after him in the early 1990s and moved to Belize about three years ago to lower his taxes.
How's that working out for you, John?
Old 10th December 2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Aepervius
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Did what?
Kill his neighbor, what the police accused him of, he supposedely fled because belize is too corrupt and he was framed etc... *shrug* who knows beside him ?

"I want, and this is my last and most dear wish, I want that the last of the king be strangled with the guts of the last priest" (Jean Meslier / 1664-1729 / Testament)
A very early french atheist, a catholic priest in life.

Last edited by Aepervius; 10th December 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 12:44 PM   #15
Aepervius
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
This went over my head when I first read it. Now I get it.

Very good.
Maybe you can explain to me , because I don't get it at all :P.

ETA Ohhhh trial software anti virus 30 days .... now I get it , very good very good.

"I want, and this is my last and most dear wish, I want that the last of the king be strangled with the guts of the last priest" (Jean Meslier / 1664-1729 / Testament)
A very early french atheist, a catholic priest in life.

Last edited by Aepervius; 10th December 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2012, 01:17 PM   #16
commandlinegamer
Philosopher

This might be harder to believe than one of McAfee adventures, but back in the day (1997) updates for the antivirus definitions came out quarterly, on CD.
Old 10th December 2012, 01:38 PM   #17
dafydd
Banned

Who is McAfee?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2012, 03:14 AM   #18
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

I don't think even McAfee knows at the moment. He seems to be seriously deranged.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2013, 10:28 AM   #19
Joey McGee
Transcendental Naturalist

I came across a new tidbit.

Quote:
Neighbors say Faull made no secret of his dislike of those dogs and had often threatened to poison them if nothing were done to bring them under control. At dinner that night, McCann says Faull seemed to claim responsibility for poisoning the dogs

“He told me right there on the beach,” says McCann, “‘Did you hear? The dogs were poisoned.’ And he gave me a little wink.”

http://insidedateline.nbcnews.com/_n...eline-nbc?lite
Says his friend and the last person to see him alive.

So the day after he kills the dogs with poison (McAfee shot some of them that hadn't died yet to put them out of their misery) he ends up dead. And he'd been threatening to poison them, making no secret of it. I don't think there is any question, McAfee was involved, or did it himself. McAfee would have known who it was or been tipped off with the way this guy was going around threatening and then bragging. I heard him say in an interview that everyone, even himself, had a problem with his dogs and he barely knew the guy. Well not everyone was publicly threatening to poison them "often". So that's what he has to answer to.

Faull would have spent long time in jail for doing that in most modern nations. John not being to popular with the local law enforcement, he surely thought his only chance at justice was murder. It's hard to feel sorry for Faull when he put those dogs though such agony but McAfee is clearly half-insane and shouldn't get away with it.

Maybe not evidence enough to convict but I just can't imagine that's it's some giant coincidence that he was shot by someone else on the exact day McAfee had an incredibly powerful reason to kill him.

Last edited by Joey McGee; 21st January 2013 at 10:31 AM.
Joey McGee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2013, 02:14 PM   #20
Ampulla of Vater
Graduate Poster

His alibi girl says she wasn't with him all night as he claimed.

There is clearly motive and apparently opportunity, but I do not know of any direct evidence. He should at least be convicted of being a cocky a**hole though.
Ampulla of Vater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events