JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags bigfoot

Old 22nd February 2013, 08:15 PM   #401
OntarioSquatch
Muse

I don't know Mr. cutino personally. But from what I have seen so far (Bigfoot conference appearances, posts ect.) he's not looking to decieve anybody or make money off of Bigfoot.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:31 PM   #402
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Bernie Madoff was a real nice guy and close friend to most of the big investors he had on the hook, I would be dead right now if I just took peoples word for it cause they where nice, trust no one and question everything, don't run on feelings run on facts, you will live longer.

You can do that with a heart just be smart about it.

Tim
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:03 PM   #403
HarryHenderson
Muse

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Bart is an honest man and also seems to be good guy. I don't like it when people are looked down upon just because they are a footer. It's not right.
I remember that guy. He literally hated any kind of negative or skeptical talk about Bigfoot. Was obsessed with it. Saw Bigfoot everywhere in everything. To his detriment he was invested in it 100% emotionally and 10% intellectually. As if he's novel in having that foible.

So are you a 'footer'? And if so, how can you hang out here for, say 7 months, and not be at least pretty much convinced there is no Bigfoot? Skeptic?
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:15 PM   #404
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

If memory serves me didn't Bart have an encounter with a BF coming out of some water ~ ?

Tim
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:33 PM   #405
OntarioSquatch
Muse

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
So are you a 'footer'? And if so, how can you hang out here for, say 7 months, and not be at least pretty much convinced there is no Bigfoot? Skeptic?

Like the other bleevers who come here, I fit into the "butthurt" category. Basically, I'm disappointed in the BFF. Mostly because there are so many clowns.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:52 PM   #406
captain koolaid
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
I remember that guy. He literally hated any kind of negative or skeptical talk about Bigfoot. Was obsessed with it. Saw Bigfoot everywhere in everything. To his detriment he was invested in it 100% emotionally and 10% intellectually. As if he's novel in having that foible. ...

Is that Bartlojays, or whatever it was? The BFRO dude?
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 05:45 AM   #407
Jodie
Master Poster

Yeah, like OS I never got the impression that he was consciously trying to rip people off, or in it for attention, but genuinely really believes that bigfoot is out there based on a thermal he managed to get near the area where Justin had his encounter.
Old 23rd February 2013, 06:17 AM   #408
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Ya he was or is BFRO.

You get judged by the company you keep, he hangs with hardcore footers, nuff said.

Tim
Old 23rd February 2013, 06:24 AM   #409
StankApe
Banned

I wanna know what the PGF fanatics are saying about the "hybrid human" diagnosis by Ketchum. No way they can rationalize Patty is a hybrid person.

Are they going to claim there are several different kinds of Bigfoot?

Folks be crazy yo.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 07:13 AM   #410
Jodie
Master Poster

Oh they already do stank ape.
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:00 AM   #411
The Shrike
Master Poster

It's impossible to know a person's true motivations, but I have had a conversation or two with Bart in which he struck me as fully sincere in that he believes what he saw on his thermal imager had to have been a bigfoot.

Pending new information, I consider him in the group of people-who-experienced-something-they-can't-explain.

FWIW
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:07 AM   #412
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
I consider him in the group of people-who-experienced-something-they-can't-explain.
No. He is very happy to explain what he experienced. It was Bigfoot.

A person who truly can't explain their experience would have no particular gravitation towards Bigfoot as an explanation.

They are different.
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:18 AM   #413
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
It's impossible to know a person's true motivations, but I have had a conversation or two with Bart in which he struck me as fully sincere in that he believes what he saw on his thermal imager had to have been a bigfoot.

Pending new information, I consider him in the group of people-who-experienced-something-they-can't-explain.

FWIW
Yet he's explained it.

ETA: This is the point at which an anecdote becomes a claim. "I saw something weird in the woods today Hon." versus "I something weird in the woods today Hon, and I think it was Bigfoot."

Last edited by Resume; 23rd February 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:40 AM   #414
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Yet he's explained it.

ETA: This is the point at which an anecdote becomes a claim. "I saw something weird in the woods today Hon." versus "I something weird in the woods today Hon, and I think it was Bigfoot."
Next:

I heard bigfoot

I saw bigfoot

I was bigfoot's love slave.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:45 AM   #415
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Next:

I heard bigfoot

I saw bigfoot

I was bigfoot's love slave.
I think the last is where these habituation scenarios have to end up. Harry and the Hendersons has already been done.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 03:25 PM   #416
jerrywayne
Muse

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post

A person who truly can't explain their experience would have no particular gravitation towards Bigfoot as an explanation.

They are different.
He saw a human figure crouching down low outside the perimeter of the camp site (if I remember right.) If he had not been emotionally invested in Bigfoot, he probably would have wondered what the dude hiding nearby was up to.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2013, 03:43 PM   #417
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

You are right JW he thinks he seen BF with a night vision cam, I know I have seen it or a reenactment of it a few years back, I am trying to remember who it was that said they had a face to face with a BF coming out of a pond.

Tim
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:19 PM   #418
Jodie
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
He saw a human figure crouching down low outside the perimeter of the camp site (if I remember right.) If he had not been emotionally invested in Bigfoot, he probably would have wondered what the dude hiding nearby was up to.
I can't criticize him for not approaching an unidentified figure at night watching their camp regardless of what it was in reality.
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:25 PM   #419
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

He was with a few others out looking for BF, no excuses for anything, a bunch of grown men being coward of a BF ???? the whole story is just basic BF BS.

Tim
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:32 PM   #420
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I can't criticize him for not approaching an unidentified figure at night watching their camp regardless of what it was in reality.
Gee, I can. I've been camped in places where it might be important to establish what might be skulking about at the perimeter. Of course these were real entities like bears for which we could take the proper precautions.
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:10 PM   #421
OntarioSquatch
Muse

Proper precaution: It's important to wear a tinfoil hat when out looking for Bigfoot. They can read our minds!
Old 24th February 2013, 12:39 AM   #422
exeplis
New Blood

I joined the BFF in either '99 or 00', and embarassingly enough for a few years there I was afraid that if I didn't log in every day I was gonna miss out on bigfoots discovery by any one of the members of the group.
exeplis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 03:06 AM   #423
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Proper precaution: It's important to wear a tinfoil hat when out looking for Bigfoot. They can read our minds!
Then footers should be transparent to them.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 06:19 AM   #424
The Shrike
Master Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post

That's what I wrote - the thing that he couldn't explain he explained as bigfoot:

" . . . he believes what he saw on his thermal imager had to have been a bigfoot. "

You're right though: he was a 'footer first or he never would've been pointing a thermal imager into the woods.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 06:21 AM   #425
The Shrike
Master Poster

Do I detect that our dear OntarioSquatch has experienced some kind of epiphany with respect to the uncritical acceptance of bigfooty claims?
Old 24th February 2013, 06:24 AM   #426
Jodie
Master Poster

Gee, I can. I've been camped in places where it might be important to establish what might be skulking about at the perimeter. Of course these were real entities like bears for which we could take the proper precautions.

Uhhh no , eventually you would, but if you aren't armed appropriately, you don't give your position away until you figure out what you are dealing with. He had no flashlight to navigate the terrain, just the thermal imager to give him some kind of visual.
Old 24th February 2013, 06:59 AM   #427
Volsquatch
Scholar

Look up there, it's Bart!

hw.jpg
Volsquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2013, 08:03 AM   #428
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Uhhh no , eventually you would, but if you aren't armed appropriately, you don't give your position away until you figure out what you are dealing with. He had no flashlight to navigate the terrain, just the thermal imager to give him some kind of visual.
Do you think I've never camped before?

No, you want a bear to know your position and you make that clear by making as much noise as possible. "HEY BEAR! HEY BEAR!" Unless it was hunting season I generally didn't go afield armed even in bear country and back in the day we didn't really carry bear spray. But even then we knew how to take precautions. Don't sleep in your cooking clothes, keep the food well away from the camp, hanging up a tree if possible. All the usual stuff. The last thing you want to do with a bear is to surprise it, and be surprised by it yourself. I've only run into a bear in that kind of situation twice, and both times from a far enough distance that we didn't have any problems.

And what kind of person goes into the bush without a flashlight, but carries a thermal camera? Seems a bit odd, but then again I'm not a bigfoot "researcher." So I guess I don't know how to proceed in a camping situation when visited by a nonexistent creature.

Last edited by Resume; 24th February 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 24th February 2013, 08:08 AM   #429
GT/CS
Illuminator

I've always imagined footers as a much less intelligent version of the characters on, The Big Bang Theory, and they most likely would forget to take flashlights.
Old 24th February 2013, 08:21 AM   #430
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by exeplis View Post
I joined the BFF in either '99 or 00', and embarassingly enough for a few years there I was afraid that if I didn't log in every day I was gonna miss out on bigfoots discovery by any one of the members of the group.
Welcome, what brings you here?
Old 24th February 2013, 08:23 AM   #431
Resume
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
I've always imagined footers as a much less intelligent version of the characters on, The Big Bang Theory, and they most likely would forget to take flashlights.
I'm betting matches too.
Old 24th February 2013, 08:57 AM   #432
Jodie
Master Poster

Do you think I've never camped before?

No, you want a bear to know your position and you make that clear by making as much noise as possible. "HEY BEAR! HEY BEAR!" Unless it was hunting season I generally didn't go afield armed even in bear country and back in the day we didn't really carry bear spray. But even then we knew how to take precautions. Don't sleep in your cooking clothes, keep the food well away from the camp, hanging up a tree if possible. All the usual stuff. The last thing you want to do with a bear is to surprise it, and be surprised by it yourself. I've only run into a bear in that kind of situation twice, and both times from a far enough distance that we didn't have any problems.

And what kind of person goes into the bush without a flashlight, but carries a thermal camera? Seems a bit odd, but then again I'm not a bigfoot "researcher." So I guess I don't know how to proceed in a camping situation when visited by a nonexistent creature.
Yeah, if it is a bear, but if it is an armed pot grower you might not want to be too hasty. At any rate, I don't think either option occured to Bart at the time, but that would have been what I thought before I concluded "bigfoot". Once bigfoot is the forgone conclusion you are no longer a "researcher" IMO.

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal