JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags richard gage

Old 18th January 2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Richard Gage Is Still Begging for Dollars

January is "pledge month". Come on guys..dig deep!

Is this guy for real??

Quote:

Dear AE911Truth Supporter:
We thank you wholeheartedly for your tremendous continuing support for Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and the critical activist work that we are performing. We literally couldn't do it without you!
You are receiving this Action Alert because you Signed the Petition on our website, or purchased the 9/11: Blueprint for Truth DVD or Evidence Cards, or made a donation to our Take an Architect or Engineer to Lunch program. (And a special thank you to those who have multi-contributed!)
In December, we were proud to highlight the AE911Truth accomplishments of 2007 in the premier issue of our eNewsletter, The Blueprint. It is very important that we alert you today to request your additional help and support by becoming a recurring monthly Sustaining Member. We have proclaimed January as Pledge Drive Month to start the new year with the intention and purpose of focusing our efforts toward even much greater success.
We need 1,000 Architects and Engineers (and 5,000 others) demanding a new investigation of the 3 WTC high-rises "collapse" on 9/11. In fact, we are not waiting! We are joining Dr. Steven Jones in a joint effort with Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice to actively begin our own forensic based investigation! Your support is of utmost importance in order to continue this important work. Without this funding, this and our many other projects will take longer and become fewer and farther between, and our momentum will be slowed rather than accelerated. We are race horses champing at the bit... held at the starting gate... waiting to run. Our mission really is a race — and it is key to the 9/11 Truth Movement. We have no time to lose.
The founding members and current volunteers and staff of AE911Truth have donated, truly and literally, thousands of dollars and thousands of hours to AE911Truth. This is a full time effort for a dozen staff. And we can't keep it going without you. We have already earned your respect and your trust. Now we are in serious need of your on-going financial support to take AE911Truth to the next level — to sign up 1,000 A/E's, to perform The Investigation; to speak in four dozen more cities; to support local AE911Truth street actions with our DVD's, CD's, evidence cards and banners; to re-vamp and launch the new AE911Truth DVD with the latest scientific evidence; to put the PowerPoint into the trained hands of 3 dozen A/E's & others; and to bust into Mainstream Media in 2008!
This is where you come in. The plain truth of the matter is that non-profit organizations like AE911Truth exist, function and grow almost solely through the generous donations of their supporters. People like you, who pledge a small portion of their hard-earned dollars so that we may act in your stead in the vastly important goals of the 9/11 Truth Movement. Specifically, we need to understand your priorities for AE911Truth. Therefore one of our staff will be calling you within the next few weeks.
Your generous gift is the life-blood of AE911Truth. It may be as little as $10/month, $25/month, or more! There is a perfect pledge level for everyone! The key is that everyone, especially our Petition Signers, place your vote of confidence in AE911Truth with dollars. If you are unable at this time to pledge a recurring monthly donation, then a single substantial donation is another alternative! It is the sum total of all of our donations which allows us to create the greater whole that will kick start our second year into high gear! With your help, we will make 2008 the year known through-out the world as "9/11 Truth and Justice". Let's work hard and efficient – banding together to make it so!
Thank you again and best wishes to you and your loved ones this New Year. Our hearts are overcome with gratitude for you.
Richard Gage, AIA
and The AE911Truth Team
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 09:58 AM   #2
adoucette
Scholar

Well it looks like he's got his money raising spiel down pat.
adoucette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

A fulltime effort for a dozen staff? That's a joke. Thousands of hours of work? Gage adds nothing, literally nothing to the 9-11 debate other than the magic of those three little letters: AIA. His presentation cribs bits from Loose Change and 9-11 Mysteries.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

The one time i did hear him debate, he was schooled and made to look no better than the other idiots that pollute the internet with their filth.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 10:34 AM   #5
Mince
Master Poster

Quote:
Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and the critical activist work that we are performing.

Wrong!! Real activists suffer great depravity and persecution for their purpose; they sacrifice, not trawl for alms.
Mince is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 11:49 AM   #6
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

only 3 buildings fell? Man, that Gravy guy can't get nothing right...
"Oh CRAP... DQ!!" - Ol' Hokey, yet again
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

Location: Trying to decide whether to set defenses against an army, or against mole rats.
Blueprints? Does any construction site use real blueprints any more? Will their next DVD be called "Reverse Print Mylar"?

Bleah, now I need to go get the memory of the smell of ammonia out of my system.

- Tragic Monkey
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 12:36 PM   #8
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
Blueprints? Does any construction site use real blueprints any more? Will their next DVD be called "Reverse Print Mylar"?

Bleah, now I need to go get the memory of the smell of ammonia out of my system.
But it was handy if you had a head cold.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 01:47 PM   #9
AZCat
Graduate Poster

We just got rid of our blueprint machine. I don't miss the smell.
AZCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2008, 03:47 PM   #10
Minadin
Hiding his Head in the Sane

We still have a blue-line copier we use every once in a while for a quick set of prints on small projects.

I hope that no one is giving money to this fool, or at least very few on the CT side. This scheme is so transparent it's not even funny. A dozen staff? What the heck would they be doing all day? We run a very busy architecture firm here with just 4 people, none of which are "staff" in the sense of supporting staff like secreteries and etc. I could do what Mr. Gage is proposing here with 2 people, tops. Not that I would, mind you.

This is just a shameless attempt to get gullible people to give Mr. Gage money. I guess it's difficult for him to keep busy with architectural work, so he resorts to panhandling.

If he's soliciting donations like this, must he adhere to the standard rules for NPO's / charities? For instance, most of those types of organizations are required to make their financial records public.

Support the democratic freedom of the people of Iran.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 02:15 AM   #11
uk_dave
Philosopher

[OT] What's the deal with HP and Vista anyways? There you are happily using your HP Designjet printer and along comes Vista and HP decide they can't be bothered to produce new drivers so you just have to go spend a few thousand on a new plotter![/OT]

Actually, on reflection, perhaps that wasn't OT given that Gage seems to need the money.

Last edited by uk_dave; 19th January 2008 at 02:15 AM.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 02:25 AM   #12
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

Location: Trying to decide whether to set defenses against an army, or against mole rats.
Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
[OT] What's the deal with HP and Vista anyways? There you are happily using your HP Designjet printer and along comes Vista and HP decide they can't be bothered to produce new drivers so you just have to go spend a few thousand on a new plotter![/OT]

You may want to check with the manufacturer of the software from which you are printing. They often have proprietary drivers that are better than the HP crap drivers.

- Tragic Monkey
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 02:54 AM   #13
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Richard Gage
We need 1,000 Architects and Engineers (and 5,000 others) demanding a new investigation of the 3 WTC high-rises "collapse" on 9/11. In fact, we are not waiting! We are joining Dr. Steven Jones in a joint effort with Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice to actively begin our own forensic based investigation!
This strikes me as amusing.

Want to know why they are not waiting? As I wrote the article about Gage & AE911Truth I also examined their membership figures, because Gage was claiming their membership was growing exponentially. After writing that article I have still kept an eye on what's happening over there.

Here is their membership curve as of yesterday, January 18, 2007.

I use the European way of expressing dates, sorry you Americans They had 242 members as of yesterday. Today they have one member more, who is not included on that chart.

Not very impressive, right?

They are not waiting, because it would take them literally years to reach that 1000 A&E member figure. Their current growth rate is less than 1 member/day.

1000-243 = 757 members to go.

Let's assume 1 new member/day. That's 757 more days or a bit over 2 years. But their rate has not been even that high, and the growth rate has been slowing down as of late. In the last 24 days they've had only 12 new members. That's 0.5/day. Using this rate it would take them over 4 years to reach their goal.

Gage doesn't have the patience and gullible donators to be waiting for years. That's why they do not wait.

Just a little fun fact for all y'all

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro

Last edited by ref; 19th January 2008 at 02:59 AM.
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 04:10 AM   #14
sleahead
Critical Thinker

One thing Gage's staff not doing very well is verifying credentials. There are over 60 members whose credentials are yet to be verified. One of these is Mohsin Drabu, our very own mjd1982, who is listed as ' Architecture- Degreed'. mjd1982 told us he had a degree in French. I suppose it is possible he could also have an architectural qualification, but I'm sure mjd1982 would have told us - he was never one to hide his light under a bushel. I think we can safely strike one from Gage's total.
sleahead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 05:19 AM   #15
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Throw "Cameron Porter PHD" into that mix... Cameron Porter is your's truly...I can assure you that is not my real name and I am not a PHD.
Old 19th January 2008, 05:57 AM   #16
uk_dave
Philosopher

You may want to check with the manufacturer of the software from which you are printing. They often have proprietary drivers that are better than the HP crap drivers.
Ahhh well, that's your guys
Old 19th January 2008, 08:50 AM   #17
AMTMAN
Muse

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post

This is just a shameless attempt to get gullible people to give Mr. Gage money.
My guess he will get some.

Here is a diagram of a Boeing 767. I see numerous potential exit points. For example, the Nose Gear Door.... A-Train on "potential" exits on a 767.
AMTMAN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 10:08 AM   #18
Calcas
Master of my Domain

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
Throw "Cameron Porter PHD" into that mix... Cameron Porter is your's truly...I can assure you that is not my real name and I am not a PHD.

I'm guilty as well. I signed up with a fake name and it's still listed. So much for his "verification" lie.

I don't want to state which one it is as I want to stay on his nutcase mailing list. (Yes, I got the same email as the OP.)
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 10:13 AM   #19
CHF
Illuminator

Of all their members, how many have qualifications that are at all relevant?

I don't see too many structural engineers on that site. 3-4 tops.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 10:23 AM   #20
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

They saw right through my degrees in "murderology and murderonomy." The name Dr. John Zoidberg didn't help either.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:08 PM   #21
LastChild
Banned

http://www.createspace.com/Products/...34.cspworker00

http://www.popularmechanics.com/marketing/pmstore/

http://www.randi.org/joom/component/...art/Itemid,28/
LastChild is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:25 PM   #22
MarkyX
Master Poster

Yeah I love how every product in the PM Store is about 9/11..

oh wait, no it isn't. Their book is not even on the front page.

Unlike the 9/11 Deniers, James Randi and PM doesn't make a living off 9/11 alone. In fact, PM can drop the topic on 9/11 completely and still be around.

However, people like Alex Jones, Richard Gage, and Dylan Avery must continue to lie about 9/11 because it's part of their identity and source of income.
Old 19th January 2008, 08:30 PM   #23
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LastChild View Post
Holy K-Y Warming jelly!!!! 3 Organizations whose main focus is not 9/11 that sell things for money!!!!!.... Wait... what was your point?

ETA: Thank you captain lightning fingers...

Last edited by Redtail; 19th January 2008 at 08:32 PM.
Redtail is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:30 PM   #24
stateofgrace

Sorry I missed the "cashing in on 911" in your links, could you point them out please?

Last edited by stateofgrace; 19th January 2008 at 08:31 PM.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:35 PM   #25
GT/CS
Illuminator

Hey, hey, hey. Be nice. I still use reverse-read mylars!

Last edited by GT/CS; 19th January 2008 at 08:35 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:36 PM   #26
GwionX
Thinker

Last Chils-- none of those sites you listed are --exclusivly bout' tha troof and nothin' but tha troof.

I would say it is a bad comparison -if that is in fact what you were *attempting* to do.

Last edited by GwionX; 19th January 2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: ETA: You gotta be quick around here..heh
GwionX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:48 PM   #27
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
Administrator

This is just a shameless attempt to get gullible people to give Mr. Gage money. I guess it's difficult for him to keep busy with architectural work, so he resorts to panhandling.

Indeed.

Gage has a very strong whiff of fraud about him. Further evidence, of course, will be required to prove actual fraud but, so far, Gage and his group do not pass the smell test.

If he's soliciting donations like this, must he adhere to the standard rules for NPO's / charities? For instance, most of those types of organizations are required to make their financial records public.

I was just thinking about this as well. Gage insinuates in his panhandling message that his group is a non-profit organization when he says:

Originally Posted by Gage
The plain truth of the matter is that non-profit organizations like AE911Truth exist, function and grow almost solely through the generous donations of their supporters.
but in the group's newsletter, he claims that his group:

Originally Posted by Gage
[has] completed most of the steps toward forming our nonprofit corporation. Our tax-exempt status is expected but not guaranteed. Please do not wait. We need your support now in order to give this effort a broader full-time thrust!
A search at GuideStar.org does not show this group as a non-profit, and it seems that Gage is trying to suck and blow at the same time.

Certainly reeks of a scam to me.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 08:58 PM   #28
LastChild
Banned

Originally Posted by GwionX View Post
Last Chils-- none of those sites you listed are --exclusivly bout' tha troof and nothin' but tha troof.

I would say it is a bad comparison -if that is in fact what you were *attempting* to do.
You're right. They're actually links to sites with a reputation for so-called debunking.

Like this so-called debunking for $19.95...

http://www.createspace.com/Store/Sho....jsp?id=238487

Or this for $9.32 ...

http://www.amazon.com/Debunking-11-M.../dp/158816635X

or this for $24.95 ...

http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...isodeId=240087
LastChild is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 09:02 PM   #29
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

You're right. They're actually links to sites with a reputation for so-called debunking.

Like this so-called debunking for $19.95...

http://www.createspace.com/Store/Sho....jsp?id=238487

Or this for $9.32 ...

http://www.amazon.com/Debunking-11-M.../dp/158816635X

or this for $24.95 ...

http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...isodeId=240087

The main differences between your links and the OP is that these sales are not the sole source of income for the producers, and I receive a product that actually provides what is claims. If I become one of Gage's sustaining members, I get what exactly?

- Tragic Monkey

Last edited by Hokulele; 19th January 2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:05 PM   #30
Newtons Bit
Philosopher

The main differences between your links and the OP is that these sales are not the sole source of income for the producers, and I receive a product that actually provides what is claims. If I become one of Gage's sustaining members, I get what exactly?
Truth cards!
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein

My website.
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 09:10 PM   #31
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

If I become one of Gage's sustaining members, I get what exactly?
A swanky decoder ring, and his company at lunch.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 09:12 PM   #32
LastChild
Banned

You would get AE911 to continue their work which is all that is offered. Now is he being deceitful in the same manner for example as Jim Meigs implying he is some kind of authority in anything when he's nothing of the sort or Hardfire asserting Mark Roberts and his opinions and cherry picking of alternative 9/11 theories somehow validate the official version as being the complete truth?
Old 19th January 2008, 09:14 PM   #33
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
Truth cards!

Collect all 200-something!

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
A swanky decoder ring, and his company at lunch.

Probably a bad idea, as I would be too tempted to bring along a bottle of ipecac. Even though I will be in the Bay Area next week . . .

- Tragic Monkey
Old 19th January 2008, 09:15 PM   #34
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

You would get AE911 to continue their work which is all that is offered. Now is he being deceitful in the same manner for example as Jim Meigs implying he is some kind of authority in anything when he's nothing of the sort or Hardfire asserting Mark Roberts and his opinions and cherry picking of alternative 9/11 theories somehow validate the official version as being the complete truth?

I wasn't aware that Jim Meigs and Mark Roberts are profiting directly from their investigations. Do you have evidence otherwise?

- Tragic Monkey
Old 19th January 2008, 09:23 PM   #35
LastChild
Banned

I wasn't aware that Jim Meigs and Mark Roberts are profiting directly from their investigations. Do you have evidence otherwise?
I didn't say they were. I said Hardfire was selling Mark Roberts 9/11 debunking and PM was selling 9/11 debunking and using Jim Meigs to do it and The History Channel is selling 9/11 debunking and implying that the idiots from PM are some kind of experts when they're nothing of the sort.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:27 PM   #36
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

I didn't say they were. I said Hardfire was selling Mark Roberts 9/11 debunking and PM was selling 9/11 debunking and using Jim Meigs to do it and The History Channel is selling 9/11 debunking and implying that the idiots from PM are some kind of experts when they're nothing of the sort.

Please provide the financial statements indicating the percentage of profits for Hardfire, the History Channel, and Popular Mechanics based on their September 11 material. Then, please provide the financial statements from Richard Gage indicating his percentage of profits from the solicited donations as well as the DVD sales.

- Tragic Monkey
Old 19th January 2008, 09:35 PM   #37
LastChild
Banned

Please provide the financial statements indicating the percentage of profits for Hardfire, the History Channel, and Popular Mechanics based on their September 11 material. Then, please provide the financial statements from Richard Gage indicating his percentage of profits from the solicited donations as well as the DVD sales.
LOL

What are you implying? There's more people buying into conspiracy then debunking?
Old 19th January 2008, 09:37 PM   #38
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

LOL

What are you implying? There's more people buying into conspiracy then debunking?

I am stating that Richard Gage is using people to support him in the lifestyle to which he is becoming accustomed solely by preying on their delusions regarding the collapse of WTC 1, 2, and 7. I am also stating that it is sad that enough people fall for it to keep him in said lifestyle.

Can you provide evidence to the contrary?

- Tragic Monkey
Old 19th January 2008, 09:39 PM   #39
SezMe
post-pre-born

On a slightly related note, I live in the same town as Griffen. There is a local weekly talk show hosted by a loon who has regularly featured DRG and he was on again today. I was able to get on and go at DRG for about 15 minutes before being cut off. One of the points DRG made several times was the AE911 had "over a thousand world-class architects and engineers" and that they all supported the CD notion. I called him on it but he just kept on repeating the claim. Sure wish I'd had ref's chart at hand.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2008, 09:39 PM   #40
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing

LOL

If that were true you'd get another investigation... How's that coming again?

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories