IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd February 2008, 03:50 PM   #81
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
Of course, as any police officer will tell you, the first thing you do when you have evidence of a crime is to fire off a few emails and talk to customer service...
The police do need more customer service...

"Welcome to the NYPD. If you know the name of the crime you'd like to report, press 1. For a list of crimes, press 2. To switch to a different police department, press 3. Remember, your call is important to us."
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 03:51 PM   #82
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post

"Welcome to the NYPD. If you know the name of the crime you'd like to report, press 1. For a list of crimes, press 2. To switch to a different police department, press 3. Remember, your call is important to us."

*muzak*
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2008, 05:00 PM   #83
Reality Believer
Muse

From user "Infinit" during a discussion that Willie Nelson buys into CD. The topic had inevitably wandered into all kinds of tangents, with "Infinit" posting all kinds of crazy typed in all capital letters. I gently remind him that typing in all caps does not make his argument come true and he is making a fool of himself. His response:

Quote:
I SPEAK IN CAPS SO SMALL MINDS CAN ABSORB MY
INSANITY IN HUGE GULPS. BUT MIND YOU, I WILL SPEAK
THE TRUTH, BEING CRAZY ALLOWS YOU TO UNRESTRICT
YOURSELF FROM A WORLD OF LIES AND SLANDER (kind of
like what you were doing) LOLOLOLOLOLOL
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8e6_1...8&c=1#comments

I promised him that I would print that out and hang it in the shed to scare the rats away.
Old 4th February 2008, 05:05 PM   #84
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post

"'You have selected...REGICIDE...If you know the name of the king or queen being murdered press 1..."
Old 4th February 2008, 05:37 PM   #85
Blender Head
Muse

It's true, I've seen it on the Internets:

Originally Posted by User 'paulnsal'
what [David Icke] says is not always 100% accurate but if you cross reference what he alleges with other people on the internet...you get match after match after match after match. Another thing you'll find is hat the people who poke fun at him will NEVER EVER be interested in actually looking this stuff up....they DONT WANT TO KNOW so they resort to the classic ignorant tactics of insults....
Twoof in italics.
Blender Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2008, 05:41 PM   #86
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
"'You have selected...REGICIDE...If you know the name of the king or queen being murdered press 1..."
*muzak*
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2008, 08:39 PM   #87
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

So I should leave my blue-box at home?

From look-up at the new LC forum:

Originally Posted by look-up
You don't have to gut the interior of a building before demolishing it. It is done so that more debris is not sent flying outwards at onlookers, and so that components like wire and calbling can be recycled or reused. It does not mean that "A building cannot be demolished if it still has cabling and wiring."
http://http://s1.zetaboards.com/Loos...=29831&t=73398
I guess Larry "pull it" Silverstein ain't gonna clean up on all that copper wire and junk.

I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.

Last edited by HeyLeroy; 4th February 2008 at 08:43 PM.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2008, 09:06 AM   #88
AlanGreenspan
Thinker

Would this qualify?

Quote:
You would not BELIEVE who's reading there and gathering information. Some of the worlds biggest banking organizations are in there, reading, government agencies, the works! So what we need is first rate content for them to look at, the best of the best of everything we've got. Our mission there is to change history and the world and by God we're actually getting somewhere ...
http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChange...c/72442/1/#new

Yeah sure, a bank would just pay someone to read a twoof forum ... I wonder if they're hiring ...

Last edited by AlanGreenspan; 5th February 2008 at 09:06 AM.
AlanGreenspan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2008, 06:34 PM   #89
OldTigerCub
Striped Shapeshifting Reptoid

Craig Ranke and the "OJ Defense"

From a comment by Craig Ranke to a post at 911blogger regarding Flight 77 and the FDR found at the Pentagon:
Quote:
If the FDR don't fit.....
....you must acquit
(Al Qaeda).

You can't say that the FDR proves a plane hit when it simply makes NO SENSE with the physical damage or perfectly level "object" in the clearly manipulated pentagon security video.

The official data MUST add up perfectly with the physical damage and the security video.

If it does not it is clear there are signs of manipulation.

If the evidence was manipulated it implicates a cover-up.

If a cover-up is proven 9/11 is shown to be an inside job.

Between the anomalous FDR, eyewitness accounts, and admittedly "counter-intuitive" physical evidence a deception is clear.

There is zero logic for someone who looks at the entire body of evidence objectively to conclude that a plane hit that building.
Of course it doesn't matter that the FDR was found in the Pentagon wreckage.
I'm just glad that CIT and Craig Ranke don't make the rules for the NFL. Ya can't score field goals when the goalposts keep moving.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:21 PM   #90
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

I can't make this a nomination, but it was still pretty hilarious. I finally stumbled upon Alex Jone's show on the radio and heard the gem of gems -

"(babblebabblebabblebushisevilnwokilltheplanet ) It's all documented, but don't just take my word for it... go to prisonplanetdotcom and see for yourself"
Old 5th February 2008, 09:47 PM   #91
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

I can't make this a nomination, but it was still pretty hilarious. I finally stumbled upon Alex Jone's show on the radio and heard the gem of gems -

"(babblebabblebabblebushisevilnwokilltheplanet ) It's all documented, but don't just take my word for it... go to prisonplanetdotcom and see for yourself"

Don't take his word for it... but go to PrisonPlanet to see for yourself...

How many will not see the bait and... well, deception, in that statement?...
Old 5th February 2008, 11:20 PM   #92
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Ahh... Alex "Galilumbus" Jones...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 12:04 AM   #93
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Ahh... Alex "Galilumbus" Jones...
columbus nothing, try erastophenes
Old 6th February 2008, 01:57 AM   #94
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Error Stophanes? Wasn't he that Greek kid at my school who always... (insert stupid mistake here)?
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 05:58 AM   #95
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Error Stophanes? Wasn't he that Greek kid at my school who always... (insert stupid mistake here)?
[Australian Movie Reference]"Wog boy, wog boy, wog boy, hahaha!!!"[/Australian Movie Reference]
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 07:36 AM   #96
Swing Dangler
Graduate Poster

Twinstead's Reply To Corsair's Plane Comparisons

Quote:
Corsair 115-A basic specifications comparison:

Douglas A-3 Skywarrior

Three-seat carrier-borne attack bomber (A-3), reconnaissance bomber (RA-3 and EA-3), and refuelling tanker (KA-3).

Data: EA-3B Skywarrior
Power plant: two Pratt & Whitney J57-P-10 turbojet engines (each providing 10,500 lbs of thrust)
Wingspan: 72 ft 6 in
Overall length: 76 ft 4 in
Max. takeoff weight: 73,000 lbs
Max. level speed: 530 knots (610 mph) at 10,000 feet

Boeing 757

Data: 757-200
Passengers: 200 (typical 2-class configuration), 228 (typical 1-class configuration)
Wingspan: 124 ft 10 in
Overall length: 155 ft 3 in
Max. takeoff weight: 255,000 lbs
Cruise speed: Mach 0.80

Data: 757-300
Passengers: 243 (typical 2-class configuration), 280 (typical 1-class configuration)
Wingspan: 124 ft 10 in
Overall length: 178 ft 7 in
Max. takeoff weight: 272,500 lbs
Cruise speed: Mach 0.80

twinstead-Well, it appears the the 757 and A-3 Are exactly the same.

What's the issue here, then?
Link:Here

Only in the world of JREF!
"I would imagine that if you took the top expert in that type of work and gave him the assignment of bringing these buildings down with explosives, I would bet that he could do it."-John SKilling-Head Structural Engineer WTC-1993 Seattle Times

Last edited by Swing Dangler; 6th February 2008 at 07:36 AM.
Swing Dangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 07:42 AM   #97
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Swing Dangler View Post

Wow, Only you would see this as a stundie. The nomination is a stundie in it's self. Can I nominate this?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 07:50 AM   #98
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Larry Silverstein was taking back and forth with the Controlled Demolition Supervisor from the Israeli Spy Ring (they warned these people)
Terral is linking here to a site that debunks the theory that 4,000 Israelis didn't turn up to work at the WTC on 9-11, and citing it as proof that the theory is true. Does this qualify as a Stundie, or does it need too much context?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 09:19 AM   #99
AZCat
Graduate Poster

This may help: Wiki article on sarcasm
AZCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 12:20 PM   #100
Swing Dangler
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by AZCat View Post
This may help: Wiki article on sarcasm
Thanks. And Shakespeare, he ain't!

Quote:
Sarcasm

Sarcasm can be difficult to grasp in written form. To prevent this some people emphasize words with italics, bold, capitalization, and/or underlining (e.g. that’s just great); sarcastic comments on the Internet with an emoticon, such as ^o); or surround them with a made-up markup language tag, e.g. *sarcasm*, <sarcasm> or <snicker>.

Writers in the UK and some other countries have adopted the use of (!) (An exclamation mark in parentheses) following speech in which sarcasm or irony is perceptible via the tone of voice, a punctuation mark which is very regularly seen in subtitles.

Some popular Emoticons for Sarcasm are ^°^ , -.- , ;p , ~~ , or the :ulli:-Smiley.
"I would imagine that if you took the top expert in that type of work and gave him the assignment of bringing these buildings down with explosives, I would bet that he could do it."-John SKilling-Head Structural Engineer WTC-1993 Seattle Times
Swing Dangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 12:28 PM   #101
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Thanks. And Shakespeare, he ain't!
while it may have gone over your heard i had no trouble grasping twinsteads sarcasm
Old 6th February 2008, 01:39 PM   #102
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

http://screwloosechange.xbehome.com/...st=60&start=60

logic at its finest

Originally Posted by tvfakery numpty
no planes hit anywhere on 9.11 or even if they did, the videos are all fake. exept the ones that dont show a plane. theres a few. odd that huh?

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 01:41 PM   #103
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Wow, Only you would see this as a stundie. The nomination is a stundie in it's self. Can I nominate this?
Poor swingie, failure again

It's too funny

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 01:51 PM   #104
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

DUDE. I was being sarcastic. Pay attention.
Old 6th February 2008, 01:52 PM   #105
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

while it may have gone over your heard i had no trouble grasping twinsteads sarcasm
I would have thought it was obvious. I didn't count on the 'swing factor'
Old 6th February 2008, 02:47 PM   #106
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

In a move that will suprise no one, I gotta go with my man Spooked911:

Quote:
Also, why didn't firemen try to catch any of the jumpers in nets or air bags?

I don't know-- having nets or airbags would seem to be rather obvious standard operating procedure for a skyscraper fire.

Yes, some people jumped unexpectedly. But many people were standing by the windows, waiting waiting-- there are videos of this.

Did the wonderful NYFD do anything for these people?

Who would have given an order to not try to catch the jumpers?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 02:52 PM   #107
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Not very 9-11 CT related, but one of our commenters decided to reminisce on his military experience.

Quote:
I served in the Navy during the first sham Gulf War.

Ah those were the days, hanging out with meth addicted petty criminals in the Navy. Are all of the marines addicted to meth too or just the sailors?

I never seen so many druggies in all my life then when I was in the navy. I guess that is how they turn people into complacent robots.
Randy | 02.06.08 - 3:16 pm | #
This tale of heroism and drug addiction was slightly undercut by a follow up post:

Quote:
I am not in the Navy..I WAS from 1994 to 95.
Randy | 02.06.08 - 3:23 pm | #
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 05:14 PM   #108
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Not very 9-11 CT related, but one of our commenters decided to reminisce on his military experience.

This tale of heroism and drug addiction was slightly undercut by a follow up post:

oopsies.
Old 6th February 2008, 05:24 PM   #109
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post

Holy mother of God. You know how your brain "shuts off" when it thinks it's about to endure some severe trauma? Mine just did that...

Not a nomination, but... another follow-up:

Quote:
After the first gulf war ended. Either way I don't matter. I think it's crazy people like you exists.

You have this giant blinders on.

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE THAT YOU PEOPLE SUPPORT THE WAR.
Randy | 02.06.08 - 3:29 pm

This has to be "Brian". I've never seen any one screw up a fabricated war history so completely.

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 6th February 2008 at 05:24 PM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 05:28 PM   #110
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Same here. And I was the one who wrote the post to which twinsteads was responding.
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 05:30 PM   #111
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Oh man. This is a CLASSIC.
Old 6th February 2008, 05:43 PM   #112
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Are you serious? If you are please state so, and nominate yourself.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 08:27 PM   #113
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

That definitely has to make the finals for the month, as it demonstrates an exquisite combination of hopelessly naive, pathetically uneducated, and willfully ignorant, since he purports to be a *cough* "scientist". Hilarious.

Last edited by LashL; 6th February 2008 at 08:29 PM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2008, 10:16 PM   #114
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

well maybe 94-95 was when the sham gulf war happened
Old 6th February 2008, 10:28 PM   #115
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

I have to admit I always wondered if some kind of landing device for high falls might possibly be invented. But seeing that the all-time record for a freefall with an airbag landing is 71 meters, by an experienced professional stuntman, does make the idea seem far-fetched.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 7th February 2008, 07:14 AM   #116
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

Quote:
Now I think the buildings were controlled demolition because they looked like controlled demolitions, but I no longer debate it because I can't prove it. - Travis Bickle
That is from a twoofer that we have been kicking around over at SLC. I found it quite hilarious.

http://screwloosechange.xbehome.com/...pic=1982&st=20
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 07:58 AM   #117
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

I can't believe this hasn't been nominated yet. The conspiracist with possibly the most apt name ever has taken 9/11 conspiracies to a new level:
Originally Posted by mrwronggt13 View Post
Where is your evidence for a collapse?
That's right folks, we're not just wrong about how the towers collapsed, it turns out they didn't actually collapse at all.

In another attempt, bringing his Stundieness almost to Kirkmanesque levels:
Water does not conduct electricity
Closely followed by the delicious irony of:
Quote:
When you believe false things with no evidence, this is known as woo woo.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 08:11 AM   #118
Minadin
Master Poster

Well, if I remember my college chemistry correctly, water proper (pure, distilled water) doesn't conduct electricity, but the things dissolved in the water are what allow it to (such as salts, etc). And, since water is almost never 100% pure, you wouldn't want to bet on its non-conductive nature in any situation where it mattered.

Last edited by Minadin; 7th February 2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: its / it's error (@$#%!)
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 08:46 AM   #119
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
In another attempt, bringing his Stundieness almost to Kirkmanesque levels:

Closely followed by the delicious irony of:

Time to Debunk another Stundie Nomination!

Water does not conduct electricity, it is considered an insulator. Minerals in water do. Human beings are not excellent conductors of electricity. Steel is. Copper is.

When you believe false things with no evidence, this is known as woo woo.

As Minadin pointed out, it's the materials dissolved in the water that largely create it's conductive properties. So the original nomination has eliminated a part of the quote that shows mrwrong isn't completely wrong.

Of course, his quibbling about what constitutes an "excellent conductor" is a bit Stundie-like, when you consider how many people are electrocuted every year.

But yes, one would hope he could apply the "woo-woo" rule to his other beliefs. When someone thinks the WTC towers were nuked, concerns about their understanding of electrical conduction should be secondary.

Last edited by Horatius; 7th February 2008 at 08:48 AM.
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 09:01 AM   #120
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
Well, if I remember my college chemistry correctly, water proper (pure, distilled water) doesn't conduct electricity, but the things dissolved in the water are what allow it to (such as salts, etc). And, since water is almost never 100% pure, you wouldn't want to bet on it's non-conductive nature in any situation where it mattered.
That's correct. What it does is put those impurities/conductors in close contact with a lot of surface area on your skin.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories