IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags mike gravel , presidential candidates

Old 7th February 2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Wildy
Adelaidean

Mike Gravel???

Looking here I noticed that there was a guy called Mike Gravel still in this race.

So really my questions are as follows:

Who is he?
Why is he still running?
What does he hope to achieve by still running?

Is he the Democrats version of Ron Paul?
Old 7th February 2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
That's Kucinich. Of course, Kucinich had the brains to bail, so maybe.
Old 7th February 2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Lisa Simpson

I don't know where he stands politically, but he had the greatest political ad ever!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Wildy
Adelaidean

I'll watch it in the morning.
Old 7th February 2008, 09:01 AM   #5
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lisa Simpson View Post
I don't know where he stands politically, but he had the greatest political ad ever!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
It starts out a little slow, but it has its moments in the middle.
Especially chucking a rock (a rock = Iraq?) into the pond.
Old 7th February 2008, 09:05 AM   #6
ZenFountain
Muse

Gravel is quite a character, I posted a thread about him a few weeks ago with a video in which he goes nuts over Obama and the DNC establishment.
Old 7th February 2008, 09:07 AM   #7
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

He was a senator from Alaska from 1969-1981. He's been supported by some of the 9-11 "Truthers", most notably Justin Martell, the founder of Student Scholars for 9-11 Truth. He's still apparently in the race, but getting only a couple hundred votes.

That is quite an ad, Lisa.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Looking here I noticed that there was a guy called Mike Gravel still in this race.

So really my questions are as follows:

Who is he?
Why is he still running?
What does he hope to achieve by still running?

No, he's more the Democrats Duncan Hunter and vice versa.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics