IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags reincarnation

Old 3rd April 2008, 10:41 PM   #1
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

[Ed] Reincarnation is going to happen to you

reincarnation is going to happen to you no matter what you do, its only a matter of time.
slipknot0129 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Zep
Banned

Some initial comments...

Are you advancing any argument of some sort, or are you just making a bald and unsupported statement.

This is in the "Science, Mathematics, Medicine and Technology" forum - are you sure you have the right one?

Do you know what the "Shift" key does on your keyboard?

And finally have you been schooled in the use of the apostrophe at all?

Other than that, welcome!
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:04 PM   #3
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by slipknot0129 View Post
reincarnation is going to happen to you no matter what you do...

Why? How?
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:13 PM   #4
portlandatheist
Illuminator

Well, perhaps many people would say this is reassuring news, but not for me:
Will I remember my family, my friends, this life whatsoever?
Will I remember how to write code or play guitar?
Nope.
Same thing as death as far as I can tell. It gives me no comfort whatsoever.
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:28 PM   #5
Giraffe107
Graduate Poster

It sounds more like a threat- you cain't stops teh reincarnation, bwah ha ha ha. I really don't get the point of the OP- they sound like a preacher saying 'You will be in hell! Accept jeesus!'
Giraffe107 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:31 PM   #6
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Giraffe107 View Post
It sounds more like a threat- you cain't stops teh reincarnation, bwah ha ha ha. I really don't get the point of the OP- they sound like a preacher saying 'You will be in hell! Accept jeesus!'
you will learn next time you reincarnate
slipknot0129 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:32 PM   #7
Hokulele

Why? How?
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:33 PM   #8
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Okay, the mark of woo is strong in this one, grasshopper. (To mix movie metaphors, as is my wont, and which you ain't gonna do nothing about so why not just not mention it in the first place, 'kay?)

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...07#post3589107

Astral Projections

And now we've got reincarnation.

Who's betting on thread number three?

Reptilian Alien Overlords?
Pyramid Power?
World Ends in 2012?
Proof of Extra-Terrestrial Influence on the Spanish Elections of 1923?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:36 PM   #9
Giraffe107
Graduate Poster

Time Cube.
Giraffe107 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:36 PM   #10
Hokulele

Invisible Bigfoot?
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:40 PM   #11
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

cflarsen mode/

Evidence?

/Cflarsen mode

Seriously: Exactly WHAT do you base your assertion on?
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:41 PM   #12
Giraffe107
Graduate Poster

Yeah, shouldn't I have learned last time I reincarnated? I demand a refund.

- Matt Groening
Old 4th April 2008, 12:00 AM   #13
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by The_Fire View Post
cflarsen mode/

Seriously: Exactly WHAT do you base your assertion on?
common sense
Old 4th April 2008, 12:04 AM   #14
vidiviciveni
Thinker

Oh dear - he's running out of PoWeR... 18 words in OP, then down to 7 in his second post, now 2 words in the third.... we may never hear from him again (I hope).
vidiviciveni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 12:17 AM   #15
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

astral projection is one way to find out who you were in your past lives.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:26 AM   #16
Hokulele

Why? How?
Old 4th April 2008, 12:30 AM   #17
Zep
Banned

What are you in THIS one? A dumb child?
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 12:31 AM   #18
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
Why? How?
i can see how you got many posts
Old 4th April 2008, 12:33 AM   #19
Hokulele

i can see how you got many posts

I can see why you are refusing to answer my questions.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:36 AM   #20
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

its impossible for the consciousness to die
Old 4th April 2008, 12:37 AM   #21
Hokulele

its impossible for the consciousness to die

What do you mean by consciousness?
Old 4th April 2008, 12:41 AM   #22
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

common sense
In other words: Wishfull thinking and no evidence to back it up.

I sense something....a word....it begins with a T.......And something about a bridge....
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 12:45 AM   #23
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

reincarnation is going to happen to you no matter what you do, its only a matter of time.
You mean someone's going to make me into a fajita, or that I'm going to attend prom again?
I am an American citizen who is part of American society and briefly served in the American armed forces. I use American dollars and pay taxes that support the American government. And yes, despite the editorial decison to change American politics to the nonsensical "USA politics" subforum, I follow and comment on American politics.
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 12:45 AM   #24
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

i got all the evidence i need
Old 4th April 2008, 12:47 AM   #25
Hokulele

Such as?
Old 4th April 2008, 12:48 AM   #26
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Hint: If it doesn't exist outside your head, it's not evidence.
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 4th April 2008, 12:48 AM   #27
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Well then all you need now is a keyboard with a shift key.
I am an American citizen who is part of American society and briefly served in the American armed forces. I use American dollars and pay taxes that support the American government. And yes, despite the editorial decison to change American politics to the nonsensical "USA politics" subforum, I follow and comment on American politics.

Last edited by UnrepentantSinner; 4th April 2008 at 12:49 AM.
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 12:57 AM   #28
Space_Ed
Muse

I think I smell a troll...

They are borne in the Psychon nebula and ride in the slipstream of Occam's razor as it cuts a swathe through the Panpsychistic belt, dropping the Trousertron field shielding Uranus
Space_Ed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 01:03 AM   #29
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

the average person when they die, they lose 2 oz's of weight
Old 4th April 2008, 01:06 AM   #30
Skullaxide
Scholar

If we'll know that we've reincarnated when we do, then if we've had past lives - how come we don't know about them?

"you will learn next time you reincarnate"? - why didn't we learn the past times we reincarnated?

Dude, I can't wait for this evidence!
Skullaxide is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 01:07 AM   #31
Hokulele

the average person when they die, they lose 2 oz's of weight

Nope.

http://www.lostmag.com/issue1/soulsweight.php
Old 4th April 2008, 01:12 AM   #32
Giraffe107
Graduate Poster

And even if they did, that would suggest that the 'soul' was pulling them down- so when you died your soul would just be hanging around on the ground. Or in hell or whatever.

- Matt Groening
Old 4th April 2008, 01:25 AM   #33
slipknot0129
Critical Thinker

i have proven that it is easier to astral project when there is a full moon
Old 4th April 2008, 01:28 AM   #34
Hokulele

I have proven that it is easier to eat pizza with fingers rather than chopsticks.
Old 4th April 2008, 01:29 AM   #35
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

the average person when they {edit}diet, they{edit} might or might not lose {snip} weight
Corrected it for you
Old 4th April 2008, 02:00 AM   #36
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
I think I smell a troll...
Oy! I smelled it first!
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 4th April 2008, 02:01 AM   #37
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Well I'm uncertain that you know the meaning of the word "proven", but I will play along. Please show this proof.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 02:01 AM   #38
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Then you must have evidence. Where is it?
Stop Sylvia Browne
Old 4th April 2008, 02:21 AM   #39
Octavo
Illuminator

Darn you skeptics! Can't you let just one woo get away thinking they've shown all these cranky people at the JREF that astral projection is real?

I'm predicting that slipknot0129 never gets his postcount past 25 before disappearing forever. Any one else care to make a prediction?
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2008, 02:26 AM   #40
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

I have proven that it is easier to moon when there is a full ass projection.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal