IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th June 2008, 03:27 AM   #1
ref
Master Poster

This Is Me, by 30 West Broadway aka Fiterman Hall

Hi. I'm still here. Almost 7 years have passed, but I'm still here. It's been frustrating, really. People have started to hate me. Larry Silverstein said a couple of years ago that “Fiterman Hall has been the bane of my existence". The community has long expressed outrage that such a contaminated eye sore like me has remained in their midst with no end in sight. It's not my fault, that I was damaged! It's not my fault, that this entire process has been so full of obstacles!

Here is what I looked like on May, 2008:

The City University of New York (CUNY) and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York have plans to first abate and decontaminate me and then demolish me. But political inertia, insurance battles, and strict regulations from the state Environmental Protection Agency about how to dismantle the structure without releasing lethal toxins into the air have played major roles in holding up my demolition.

Money has also been an issue. CUNY institution has long been unable to secure enough money to demolish the structure and build anew. CUNY is estimating the cost of the entire project at $340 million. Costs have increased, which has created problems.

But now there are actual plans and progress! Decontamination and cleaning began on March 13, 2008 following regulator approval. Debris and walls removal is now taking place along with other preparations through summer 2008; 40-man crews are working double shifts daily.

Deconstruction will follow decontamination; expected to begin late summer 2008 and continue for approximately four months. Eventually, like the Deutsche Bank building at 130 Liberty St., I have to be dismantled floor by floor from the top down.

But how did I get to this point? Let me tell you a little something about myself! Here is what I looked like before the damage.

I am a 1950s-era 370,000 square foot, 15 story concrete-encased structural steel frame building with cinder-concrete floor slabs with draped steel mesh. My construction was completed in 1959. I was used as a classroom building by the Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) prior to September 11, 2001. I was undergoing a gut-rehab including extensive asbestos abatement,that was nearly complete on September 11, 2001.

But then, as you all know, some bad things happened and my buddy WTC 7 collapsed. He couldn't help it. I still miss that fella. Debris hit me. The southern half of the west facade and most of the south facade were severely damaged or destroyed, but there was no fire.

I still remember it like it was yesterday.. Portions of the south facade from the 15th floor collapsed. a vertical section of the perimeter wall extending 5 floors down from the setback at the center of the south facade was raked away. Local collapse also occurred at the southwest corner. The majority of the glass panes were knocked out on the south façade, in a triangular pattern that extended to the full width of the base. Floors 9 through 14 had two collapsed bays, and floors 3 through 6 had three collapsed bays. A considerable amount of debris was on the 8th floor.

Needless to say, I was hurt. In the initial weeks after the attack, the gaping holes were filled in from the inside, protecting the outside environment from seeping toxins, and black netting was erected. The City of New York, DASNY, CUNY, and others took steps to clean out some of the debris, close breaches in the south façade, and stabilize the structure. Because mold and WTC dust contaminated me, I became uninhabitable. And they did nothing for years! They let me become the hated one! I'm glad they are doing something now.

I will be gone, but I don't want to be remembered as a sad building everyone hated. A new building will replace this old structure. The new building will be approximately the same size as myself. The new facility will provide space for classrooms, computer labs, offices, assembly and meeting rooms, and other spaces to accommodate college programs and community functions. It will once again be used by the Community College.

Architect for the project is Pei Cobb Freed & Partners. Take a look at the new design!

There is also a website dedicated to the renewal project. Check out the slide-show!

http://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/fitermannews/

You want something related to the conspiracies? I hate them conspiracies. I was hit by goddamn debris from a building that didn't fall into it's own footprint. Nuff said.

Sigh. That's it. I'm going to retire soon. Finally. But give me a thought when you look at the new building! Bye bye!

30 West Broadway/Fiterman Hall related links:

http://www.epa.gov/WTC/demolish_deco...0wbroadway.htm
http://www.lowermanhattan.info/const...all_39764.aspx
http://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/fema403_ch7.pdf
http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_10...nhalllast.html
http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_14...odemolish.html
http://www.nysun.com/new-york/ground...olition/61029/
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...he-demolition/
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/ny...on&oref=slogin

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro

Last edited by ref; 17th June 2008 at 03:42 AM.
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 03:55 AM   #2
mrbaracuda
Banned

You're weird for assuming the personality of a.. building.
mrbaracuda is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 04:20 AM   #3
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by mrbaracuda View Post
You're weird for assuming the personality of a.. building.
I've done it before

90 West Street
130 Cedar Street

I promised to continue the series, so here we go

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 05:24 AM   #4
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Oh yeah. This is good; keep it up, sir.
Old 17th June 2008, 06:12 AM   #5
Apollo20
Banned

Dear Mr. Fiterman Hall:

Did you know that a good sized piece of you made it all the way to the Winter Garden?

See page 47 of Meyerowitz's book "Aftermath".
Apollo20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 06:41 AM   #6
boloboffin

That is a spiffy new design.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 07:00 AM   #7
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
That is a spiffy new design.

Very nice.

I have reservations about the orange color though. It's attractive, but fashionable colors can change so quickly, and so radically. Red brick never goes out of style.

Also, you're wrong about buildings not liking conspiracy theories. They're really some of the biggest conspiracy theorists around! They're constantly talking about their "concrete core" and "tons of concrete and tons of steel." They often, tragically, help people jump to conclusions. Not to mention that they're literally built on plots! And trying to change their minds can be exactly like talking to a brick wall.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 17th June 2008, 07:02 AM   #8
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Apollo20 View Post
Dear Mr. Fiterman Hall:

Did you know that a good sized piece of you made it all the way to the Winter Garden?

See page 47 of Meyerowitz's book "Aftermath".
On behalf of Mr. Fiterman Hall: No.

Old 17th June 2008, 07:04 AM   #9
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Also, you're wrong about buildings not liking conspiracy theories. They're really some of the biggest conspiracy theorists around! They're constantly talking about their "concrete core" and "tons of concrete and tons of steel." They often, tragically, help people jump to conclusions. Not to mention that they're literally built on plots! And trying to change their minds can be exactly like talking to a brick wall.

Respectfully,
Myriad

Old 17th June 2008, 09:14 AM   #10
DaN K. StAnLeY
Muse

I've done it before

90 West Street
130 Cedar Street

I liked it. Good S#!T ref!

Keep'em comin'!

"We are all made of star stuff" -Carl Sagan
DaN K. StAnLeY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 11:04 AM   #11
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The Fiterman building has the right to punch the next truther who says WTC7 fell into its own footprint.

Multi-ton building make clueless twoofer snot go squish!
Old 17th June 2008, 11:18 AM   #12
ref
Master Poster

In case someone is having trouble putting this building on the map, Fiterman Hall is number 22 in this map, WTC 7 is number 7.

Fiterman Hall is the damaged white building on the left in that OP photo, which shows the remains of WTC 7 with Barclay Street drawn in yellow.

Old 17th June 2008, 01:41 PM   #13
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
The Fiterman building has the right to punch the next truther who says WTC7 fell into its own footprint.

Multi-ton building make clueless twoofer snot go squish!
Kookbreaker;

Do you have any evidence that the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 didn't hit building 22?

Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 01:52 PM   #14
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Another excellent addition. Keep 'em coming, ref!
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 01:53 PM   #15
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Kookbreaker;

Do you have any evidence that the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 didn't hit building 22?

Did you read my comment correctly? Obviously not.
Old 17th June 2008, 01:59 PM   #16
Galileo
Illuminator

Did you read my comment correctly? Obviously not.
Are you having a dialog with yourself? Again, did the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 hit building 22?
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 02:38 PM   #17
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Are you having a dialog with yourself? Again, did the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 hit building 22?
Read the OP.
Old 17th June 2008, 02:43 PM   #18
Galileo
Illuminator

Read the OP.
I did read it. Are you able to answer a simple question: Did the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 hit Building 22?
Old 17th June 2008, 02:52 PM   #19
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

There is also a website dedicated to the renewal project. Check out the slide-show!

Good work.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 02:53 PM   #20
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I did read it. Are you able to answer a simple question: Did the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 hit Building 22?
Go look at the videos. Nothing fell that far from the north tower that could damage anything./ Aluminum cladding would have bounced right off.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 03:02 PM   #21
Norseman
Muse

I assume you were asking if something from WTC 1 (North Tower) hit the building. As should be evident from this photograph taken after the collapse of WTC 1, Fiterman Hall was very well protected from any debris from WTC 1 by WTC 7:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9773403@N02/922398633/
Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 03:20 PM   #22
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
Go look at the videos. Nothing fell that far from the north tower that could damage anything./ Aluminum cladding would have bounced right off.
I'm not talking about the North Tower, I'm talking about WTC 7 and building 22 (Fiterman Hall).
Old 17th June 2008, 03:26 PM   #23
boloboffin

Galileo, you are patently misreading what kookbreaker said. Fiterman Hall has the right to punch anyone who says WTC 7 fell into its own footprint because WTC 7 fell into and onto Fiterman Hall, which was across a four-lane street from WTC 7's footprint.

And Fiterman Hall is gonna punch them so hard.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 03:32 PM   #24
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Galileo, you are patently misreading what kookbreaker said. Fiterman Hall has the right to punch anyone who says WTC 7 fell into its own footprint because WTC 7 fell into and onto Fiterman Hall, which was across a four-lane street from WTC 7's footprint.

And Fiterman Hall is gonna punch them so hard.
So you are saying the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 missed Fiterman hall, just across the street?

If you believe that, please seek help.
Old 17th June 2008, 03:55 PM   #25
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not talking about the North Tower, I'm talking about WTC 7 and building 22 (Fiterman Hall).
The dust cloud was not a problem. Structural elements would have to physically reach it. Thus, WTC 7 fell partly outside its own footprint, including to the north, to hit Fiterman. This is even more significant because there was little to draw it in that direction
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 03:55 PM   #26
pomeroo
Banned

So you are saying the giant debris cloud from WTC 7 missed Fiterman hall, just across the street?

Are you having a nervous breakdown?
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 04:09 PM   #27
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
The dust cloud was not a problem. Structural elements would have to physically reach it. Thus, WTC 7 fell partly outside its own footprint, including to the north, to hit Fiterman. This is even more significant because there was little to draw it in that direction
You say the dust cloud, but what about the giant debris cloud that was throwing cars, trucks, and steel beams up and down the street?

Last edited by Galileo; 17th June 2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 17th June 2008, 04:21 PM   #28
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

So the "controlled demolition" of WTC 7 does not seem as "controlled" after all...lol

Nice catch.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 04:42 PM   #29
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Is the deranged sociopath who hasn't posted anything in this thread besides non-sequiturs and bizarre nonsense telling others to seek help? Why yes, he is. How sad.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2008, 04:43 PM   #30
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Excellent job Ref!
Old 17th June 2008, 04:56 PM   #31
eromitlab
Muse

This is an excellent series, ref. Keep 'em coming.
Old 18th June 2008, 04:11 AM   #32
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

What I love is how the truthers will insanely argue about the "dust" that it was all turned to "dust" and that it was a "dust cloud" (The later being mostly correct), but now when they are trying to explain away a GIGANTIC HOLE in the WTC7 TM theory, they refer to such things as DEBRIS clouds, suggesting insanely that there were large rocks of concrete, or some such, in the floating/rolling cloud.

sad.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2008, 05:13 PM   #33
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
What I love is how the truthers will insanely argue about the "dust" that it was all turned to "dust" and that it was a "dust cloud" (The later being mostly correct), but now when they are trying to explain away a GIGANTIC HOLE in the WTC7 TM theory, they refer to such things as DEBRIS clouds, suggesting insanely that there were large rocks of concrete, or some such, in the floating/rolling cloud.

sad.

TAM
WTC 6 blocked most of the debris that hit WTC 7. WTC 7 was 355 feet away from WTC 1 (at the closest), while Fiterman hall waas just across the street from WTC 7.

Some large debris was sent airbourne over WTC 6 from the explosive charges in WTC 1.
Old 18th June 2008, 05:19 PM   #34
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Some large debris was sent airbourne over WTC 6 from the explosive charges in WTC 1.
Let me guess, evidence for this is secret and hidden in the lock box with Jones' made up thermite ideas? You truther say the biggest false ideas without even presenting evidence. Is evidence anti-matter for 9/11 truth?

So you have no real evidence or rational comment for this thread?

Good work ref
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2008, 05:38 PM   #35
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

WTC 6 blocked most of the debris that hit WTC 7.
WTC 6 used to be 9 stories compared to WTC 7's 47 stories... it didn't offer much protection... if any...

Must have been one helluva blast the send a shock wave through the columns at the speed of sound and still have enough time to transfer enough energy to send those kickers flying! Are we talking Megatons yet?

Fitterman Hall! I have a question! What do you contemplate every dreary night since that day?

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 18th June 2008 at 05:41 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2008, 05:41 PM   #36
ihaunter
Undead Skeptic

WTC 6 blocked most of the debris that hit WTC 7. WTC 7 was 355 feet away from WTC 1 (at the closest), while Fiterman hall waas just across the street from WTC 7.

A 9 story building blocked most of the debris from a 110 story building hitting a 47 story building?

"No two humans are created equal. They're like snowflakes with a 250° C combustion temperature." Freefall comic
ihaunter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2008, 06:31 PM   #37
boloboffin

6 World Trade is that little dinky building between 1 and 7. You're saying 6 blocked most of the debris from hitting 7?

No.

And debris flying over 7 to hit Fiterman would have been caught on tape. Please produce a video showing all this airborne debris sailing OVER 7 in such a way as to hit Fiterman.

Last edited by boloboffin; 18th June 2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 18th June 2008, 06:51 PM   #38
Apollo20
Banned

Well how did part of the facade of Fiterman Hall hit the Winter Garden, travelling a distance of more than 300 meters; .... was it rocket propelled?

Just asking .....

Last edited by Apollo20; 18th June 2008 at 06:52 PM.
Apollo20 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2008, 06:59 PM   #39
applecorped
Banned

No, it wasn't rocket propelled. It was thermite propelled.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2008, 07:04 PM   #40
pomeroo
Banned

You have been caught lying again. There were no "explosive charges" in WTC 1.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories