JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags adolf hitler , holocaust denial

Old 14th July 2008, 11:59 PM   #41
Morrigan
Crone of War

It's not Hitler's fault if he's so angry... the poor man really got the short end of the stick! It's all Microsoft's fault.

Proof:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Morrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 01:37 AM   #42
Big Les
Not so much a medium as a large

Originally Posted by Gurdur View Post
Uh no. Hitler as an extremely poor comedian does not equal Hitler as humanitarian.

Of course Hitler was a human; he could crack a joke (repeatedly, the same one over and over and boringly over again, as the article details); he was kind to dogs and loved his dog. No need to deny all that.

But of course he was also a ruthless, racist opportunist, an obsessive, murderous bigot, and an arrogant idiot who liked ordering others around.
Still taking this a little too seriously there, I think. The Daily Mail is well known for its right-leaning stance, to the point of backing the British fascists shortly before the war. At least some of its readership will have taken that article as positive press for Hitler - not to the point of making him an humanitarian of course, but I was making the stretch deliberately in order to show people the article and poke fun at a hate-filled publication and its knuckle-dragging readership.

The BS Historian
Big Les is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 03:08 AM   #43
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

It's good to see someone finally bring some balanced debate to the forum.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 04:26 AM   #44
Filippo Lippi
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I don't know about a humanitarian, but Hitler was a great painter.
He could do a whole apartment in one afternoon, two coats.
Two coats? Couldn't you leave the heating on for him?
Old 15th July 2008, 04:43 AM   #45
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
It's not Hitler's fault if he's so angry... the poor man really got the short end of the stick! It's all Microsoft's fault.

Proof:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
You must put only the part of the URL after "v=" in between the [yt] tag. Fixed it for you above.

Picture and sound seem to be authentic from the 2004 movie "Der Untergang" (The Downfall) about Hitler's last days in the bunker.

Last edited by ddt; 15th July 2008 at 04:52 AM.
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 07:29 AM   #46
MaGZ
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Kthulhut Fhtagn View Post
psst! The link says "http://mygodyoucanthavethoughtthiswasanactuallink.com/". And oh yes, he would have been a humanitarian. If one were to qualify Germans as being human only. Sadly for you, we Jews are still technically human and killing 6.6 million of us disqualifies him.
6.6 million? Why not round it off to an even 7 million? After all in 60 years you have to account for some inflation.
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 07:34 AM   #47
Gurdur
Person

Originally Posted by MaGZ View Post
6.6 million? Why not round it off to an even 7 million? After all in 60 years you have to account for some inflation.

Ah, MaGZ, some day you really must tell us what it's like to live in hate all the time. Why do you hate Jews and blacks so much, MaGZ? Do tell us, we're all ears.

You're aware that this kind of petty hatred of yours stunts your growth and eventually leads to total impotence (not in a metaphorical sense, either), right?

So be good to yourself and lay it all out on the table, unburden youur heart, and tell us why you hate so much, and hate so ineffectively.
Gurdur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 07:39 AM   #48
MaGZ
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I don't know about a humanitarian, but Hitler was a great painter.
He could do a whole apartment in one afternoon, two coats.
You can find examples of Hitler’s artwork here.

http://www.adolfthegreat.com/Trails-...tist-maxi.html
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 07:40 AM   #49
Gurdur
Person

MaGZ, unburden your soul. Tell us why you so pettily hate so much.
Gurdur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 07:54 AM   #50
MaGZ
Philosopher

Adolf the Humanitarian

http://www.adolfthegreat.com/Trails-...rian-maxi.html
Old 15th July 2008, 08:41 AM   #51
Gurdur
Person

MaGZ, I repeat: MaGZ, unburden your soul. Tell us why you so pettily hate so much.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:07 PM   #52
Gregory
Muse

"Well, he had 11 million people systematically exterminated, but at least he reduced crime rates!"

My mind is blown.
Gregory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 12:44 PM   #53
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The only thing as idiotic as people whitewashing Der Fuehrer are the people trying to convince us what a misunderstood champion of the workers Joe Stalin was. And yes, there are plenty of people out there trying to whitewash Stalin. They have not quite gotten the publicity that the Holocaust Denials have, though.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2008, 02:09 PM   #54
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

The lives of Jews are akin to currency; gotcha. It's an interesting form of anti-semitism I know. But kudos for being unique.

I don't need to round up the numbers, considering the Nazis did such a good job documenting their atrocities for me.
Kthulhut Fhtagn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 08:51 AM   #55
grunion
Philosopher

grunion has a birthday
Reminds me of the brilliant Martin Short talk show parody character "Jiminy Glick" interviewing Mel Brooks:

Jiminy: Now I have to ask you, what's your beef with the Nazis?
Brooks: Well, they were very rude.
“Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome.”
― Charles Mackay, 1841 - Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds
grunion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 06:33 PM   #56
Oliver
~The Rascal~

Originally Posted by Marquis de Carabas View Post
According to recently released UN documents, Hitler could not have been involved in the Holocaust because he was in Africa the whole time distributing condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS and feeding starving children with crops he grew with only his own two hands and a mule. In one case, a small child approached him and he had nothing more to give, so he cut off his own leg so the boy and his village could have some supper.

Official UN Documents

Linky doesn't work [anymore] ... :"/

Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 06:40 PM   #57
Sunni Man
Banned

Actually Hitler was a humanitarian. During WWII he gathered up the Jews and put them into camps so that he could protect them.
Sunni Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 06:42 PM   #58
SDC
Master Poster

See? I told everyone that Sunni man is the greatest comedian of his generation.
SDC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 06:52 PM   #59
Oliver
~The Rascal~

Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
"Well, he had 11 million people systematically exterminated, but at least he reduced crime rates!"

My mind is blown.

Oh, you shouldn't listen to mainstream republicans if that did blow your mind... And I wonder what crimes Jews, Retarded, Political Opponents, Gays and Gypsies did - other than being non-Aryan.

Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:04 PM   #60
technoextreme
Illuminator

This is for you Magz:
I AGREE

And for those of you wondering.... This isn't the video I wanted to post. I wanted to post the actual Spike Jones film but they were all giving the single finger salute that is against the rules.

Last edited by technoextreme; 22nd July 2008 at 07:13 PM.
technoextreme is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:18 PM   #61
Oliver
~The Rascal~

Originally Posted by technoextreme View Post
This is for you Magz:
I AGREE

And for those of you wondering.... This isn't the video I wanted to post. I wanted to post the actual Spike Jones film but they were all giving the single finger salute that is against the rules.

You should show the footage the British Camera-team took. But I don't know if this violates "teh Bible&Easterbunny-Believing Children are watching"-Rule...

Added:

"You will not post anything that is considered obscene or contains excessive reference to violence"

Last edited by Oliver; 22nd July 2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:17 PM   #62
imjohn
Critical Thinker

One thing I have to say about Hitler -- he never stole my lunch from the refrigerator at work.
imjohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:33 PM   #63
Slimething
Illuminator

Originally Posted by imjohn View Post
One thing I have to say about Hitler -- he never stole my lunch from the refrigerator at work.
How do you know?
Slimething is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:57 PM   #64
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Originally Posted by imjohn View Post
See? First they said he stole six million lunches. Now we hear that the real number is actually 5,999,999. This is how the myth of supposed Nazi crimes crumbles.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:50 PM   #65
SimonD
Rouge Element

Originally Posted by Sunni Man View Post
Actually Hitler was a humanitarian. During WWII he gathered up the Jews and put them into camps so that he could protect them.
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps we should round up all the Muslims and put them in camps. They need to be protected from the evil West.

'If there is an intelligent designer, why is the product so flawed?' - Diogenes

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php...0&postcount=99
SimonD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 01:55 AM   #66
Gurdur
Person

Hitler: Great Humanitarian

Radovan Karadzic: alternative healer

Conclusion: life imitates art.
Old 23rd July 2008, 04:00 AM   #67
Sunni Man
Banned

Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps we should round up all the Muslims and put them in camps. They need to be protected from the evil West.
That's what the Zionists scum have already done in Israel.
Sunni Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 04:28 AM   #68
Soapy Sam
NLH

If Hitler hadn't been the outgoing chap he was, my father would never have visited Madagascar.
So he wouldn't have contracted cerebral malaria.
Which would not have recurred in 1948 when he went on holiday with his friend.
And the friend's sister wouldn't have had to nurse him...

You can see where this is leading.

I OWE MY EXISTENCE TO ADOLF HITLER!

It's an ill wind...

ETA-sunni man...You do realise this entire thread is a pisstake?

Last edited by Soapy Sam; 23rd July 2008 at 04:32 AM.
Soapy Sam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 05:11 AM   #69
Furi
Felix Sapiens

Originally Posted by Gurdur View Post
Hitler: Great Humanitarian

Radovan Karadzic: alternative healer

Conclusion: life imitates art.
Longinus: Over Enthusiastic Acupunturist
Furi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 05:54 AM   #70
SimonD
Rouge Element

That's what the Zionists scum have already done in Israel.
You make it sound like a bad thing

SimonD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 02:30 PM   #71
Sunni Man
Banned

Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
You make it sound like a bad thing
I am a person who believes in the right to life for all normal human beings.

Commiting genocide on the Palestinian people by Israel is a crime against humanity.
Old 23rd July 2008, 02:39 PM   #72
Gregory
Muse

Whereas the murder of eleven million people by Adolph Hitler was an act of humanitarianism. Of course, they were just Jews and gays and so forth. Not "normal."

You are the worst person on this entire site. Even MagZ is better than you.

Last edited by Gregory; 23rd July 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Gregory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 02:53 PM   #73
Sunni Man
Banned

Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
Whereas the murder of eleven million people by Adolph Hitler was an act of humanitarianism. Of course, they were just Jews and gays and so forth. Not "normal."
Wow! why be so hard on me.

I don't believe that the Holocaust happened. Yes the Jews where put into prison camps. But there were Not 6 million killed.

I feel bad that the Jews were persecuted. It wasn't right.

As for the Gays. Good riddence!
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:04 PM   #74
Nogbad
Master Poster

Commiting genocide on the Palestinian people by Israel is a crime against humanity.
Can I get to pick normal?

Can I? Can I?
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:22 PM   #75
Sunni Man
Banned

Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
Can I get to pick normal?

Can I? Can I?
No Way!

You have to be normal in order to get the job.

You list that you are from Scotland.

That automatically disqualifies you from being in the normal categoty.
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:24 PM   #76
Nogbad
Master Poster

No Way!

You have to be normal in order to get the job.

You list that you are from Scotland.

That automatically disqualifies you from being in the normal categoty.
Hmmmph! I am pretty normal for a Scot.
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:29 PM   #77
Hans
Illuminator

Hitler was a god send for the following reasons:

Without him Mussolini might have ruled on for another decade or two

German and other cities obtain excellent reasons and in some cases free urban renewal.

He worked hard on reducing the population. Since his time in office the problem has switched to a lack of population.

He promoted the spread of Stalinism and we all know how helpful that was.

He promoted the equality of the Gypsies, imprisoning ans slaughtering them along with everyone else.

Expanded the borders of Poland to help them conpensate for their land stolen by the evil communists.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:32 PM   #78
Gregory
Muse

Wow! why be so hard on me.
Way to answer your own question, ****-stain.

Last edited by Gregory; 23rd July 2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 23rd July 2008, 06:49 PM   #79
SimonD
Rouge Element

/using Sunni Man logic/
I decree that Muslims are not normal, because I said so
You and your family must report to your local registration office so we can identify you as not normal
You and your family must now wear a green cresset moon at all times
You must not apply or hold a job in the any medical field, or as a Civil Servant, or in the military. You cannot hold a position that puts in a charge of normal people.
You cannot send your money overseas without written consent from a normal person, nor are you allowed to leave the country
You cannot marry a normal person
You must comply with any direction given to you by a normal person

Old 23rd July 2008, 07:11 PM   #80
Loss Leader
Opinionated Jerk

You heard Sunni Man. Green Day albums for everyone!

Follow me on Twitter! @LossLeader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts