JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags conspiracy , freemasons , illuminati , nwo

Closed Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 09:03 AM   #1
Blue_Sargasso
Student

I don’t believe in NWO, but I act as though I do. What about you?

The following is an extract from a fairly typical internet posting about Freemasonry, NWO, Illuminati:

“Freemasonry is the main tool for the Illuminati - Oil Barons - Bankers - Royalty - World's Richest Families (mainly American/Israelis). These people are responsible for a trillion, trillion crimes (underestimated) against the planet and its contents. All food, fuel, poverty, starvation, misery and energy costs are all manipulated by the NWO. All wars, terrorism, drugs, crime, politics (including Lisbon Treaty) is fabricated by the NWO. They also own all media so they control everything you see, read and hear. All of the laws in every country have been changed to favour the NWO. We are literally being controlled by a criminal network/organisation and they have nasty/vile/despicable plans for us all.”

So far, so hysterical, huh? But is it all nonsense or does it in fact point to several worrying truths?

1) Isn’t it the case that oil barons, bankers, media moguls, royalty, business bosses are often prodigiously wealthy and hence immensely powerful in a world that revolves around money? These people move in the same rarefied circles, do they not? They don’t interact with the likes of you and me. So, isn’t it possible that in their many meetings with each other, they agree on things that are mutually favourable to them? The agreed items aren’t designed to favour the rest of us: we are irrelevant and can be safely ignored. We are background chatter, nothing else. If these people were conspiring against you, and you knew it for a fact, what would you do about it? Answer: absolutely nothing. Therefore, better to convince yourself that’s there’s no conspiracy against you, right?

2) There are certainly powerful links between America and Israel. There is no obvious reason why this should be so. Politically, economically and militarily, it would be far more sensible for America to cultivate good relations with Islamic countries rather than support a tiny number of Israelis whose presence in the Middle East massively antagonises one billion Muslims. Isn’t the reason for this bizarre policy by the USA based on the fact that many of America’s wealthiest families are from Jewish backgrounds and are powerful advocates of the Israeli cause? Now, there’s nothing wrong, of course, with rich Jewish American families supporting Israel – it’s only natural and they have every right to do so. America could of course choose to ignore their advocacy. Why doesn’t it? Perhaps it’s precisely because those rich families are buying influence, using their wealth and power to manipulate who gets elected, and ensuring that candidates favourable to them and their cause rise to the top. Is that hard to believe? Is it improbable? You can be certain that Islamic American families are much less wealthy, on average, than Jewish American families. Hence much less influence? Why should money be a factor in this at all, yet we all know it is.

3) It is frequently said that Jewish American families control much of the American banking system and media. I don’t know if this is true or not, but I know that the government could certainly clear up this matter once and for all by openly publishing the backgrounds of all people who are in positions of wealth and power. We know they won’t, of course. Why not? Because they have something to hide perhaps? Candidates for government posts are frequently subjected to intense scrutiny to make sure they are fit and proper people to be spending public funds. Why should it be different for those who are not in government but who wield as much power over the public? I would be perfectly happy for others to know what background I come from. Why should it be any different for anyone else? Imagine it was discovered after such an exercise that American banking and media does indeed contain a disproportionate number of people from Jewish American backgrounds (there should be very few given their low numbers in the population as a whole). What then? Would we simply shrug our shoulders, or start asking relevant questions?

4) I don’t think the “Illuminati/NWO” etc have any “despicable plans” for us, but I do believe that they have no plans to improve our lot in life. They are preoccupied with their own luxuries, their own wealth and power. That’s why they are dangerous. That’s why we should be doing something about it. Those who dismiss the NWO and Illuminati out of hand are missing the point that a small number of people in this world have disproportionate wealth and power and, consequently, get opportunities denied to the rest of us. If they were more deserving than the rest of us, geniuses of the highest order, then that could be excused. But they’re not. They’re pathetic, inept, greedy and corrupt. Who screwed the economy? They did! You may well be content to shrug your shoulders and let these people walk all over you, but I’m not. Some people, perhaps, enjoy being slaves. I for one do not wish to be a slave in a world controlled by a manipulative, conspiratorial group of super rich. Do you? Obviously you do.

5) I love all the stuff about 9/11 conspiracies, NWO, Illuminati etc – not because I believe it but because it is absolutely right that we should distrust the leaders of our society since there can be absolutely no doubt that they spend most of their time focusing on increasing their own personal wealth, power and influence. Anything that destabilises their position must be welcomed. So, instead of pouring scorn on the NWO, why don’t you join those of us who wish to fan the flames? Or will you continue being a sucker, cannon fodder for these people…the background chatter?

Things to do: 1) Watch Zeitgeist the Movie, and actually give it some serious consideration, particularly the part concerning the systematic manipulation of the banking system. Try contemplating how the message of that movie may indeed be correct.
2) Make sure you read Dan Brown’s new book “The Solomon Conspiracy” when it eventually appears.
3) Read Mike Hockney’s “The Armageddon Conspiracy” about the Illuminati’s ancient plot.
4) Read David Rothkopf’s Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making.
Mr Rothkopf is probably a Jewish American – there’s nothing wrong with that, of course – and he has written the best book I’ve come across thus far for showing how much power is being transferred into the hands of a super elite. This super elite is, in effect, the NWO/Illuminati – the “mythical” controllers of the world, except they are not mythical. They are the equivalents of medieval monarchs, and, just as every sensible country eventually overthrew monarchy, so should we be doing our outmost to overthrow these new monarchs.

So, what’s it to be? Will you go on carping about Truthers and the like, or wake up and smell the coffee? Why not join those of us who campaign against the Illuminati even though we know that no such organisation exists? What we do know is that, given the power of the Superclass Mr Rothkopf writes about, they might as well exist. 6,000 people run the whole world. If that’s not a good definition of the Illuminati then what is? Are you going to let them get away with it? Mabye some of you will decide, at long last, to join the rebels.
Blue_Sargasso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st September 2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Mark Felt
Muse

>5) I love all the stuff about 9/11 conspiracies, NWO, Illuminati etc – not because I believe it but because it is absolutely right that we should distrust the leaders of our society since there can be absolutely no doubt that they spend most of their time focusing on increasing their own personal wealth, power and influence. Anything that destabilises their position must be welcomed. So, instead of pouring scorn on the NWO, why don’t you join those of us who wish to fan the flames? Or will you continue being a sucker, cannon fodder for these people…the background chatter?

BRB, getting my tinfoil.
Mark Felt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st September 2008, 09:25 AM   #3
Darat
Lackey
Administrator / JREF Forum Liaison

Mod WarningBlue_Sargasso - You are more than welcome to come here and discuss your particular interests that are appropriate for this Forum and a particular section however your posting behaviour is now breaching Rule 6. Continuing to open new threads about pretty much the same subject will result in further action which may include suspension or even banning. This thread is closed.
Posted By:Darat
If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart? -
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn 1918-2008
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories