JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags nvidia

Old 5th October 2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

How do I check the temperature of my NVidia graphics card?

OK, so I need to keep track of the temperature of my graphics card. I used to know how to do this back before the UI got 'upgraded' (see attachment), but now... I'm at a total loss. I've looked for info on the NVidia site but no help. So can any of you give me a hand here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nvidia control panel.JPG (85.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 5th October 2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I think with the newer drivers you have to download some additional tools from Nvidia to get a temp of the GPU .. Ntune ?
I use PC Wizard - which provides a lot of temperature info including the GPU ..

I'll have to get home tonight to check my Nvidia control panel to find out for sure about the driver based temp reading..

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 5th October 2008 at 06:51 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Will try PC Wizard, thanks.

Edit: OK, it worked just great, thanks!

Last edited by Safe-Keeper; 5th October 2008 at 07:15 PM.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2008, 08:22 PM   #4
Dr. Trintignant
Muse

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
OK, so I need to keep track of the temperature of my graphics card. I used to know how to do this back before the UI got 'upgraded' (see attachment), but now... I'm at a total loss. I've looked for info on the NVidia site but no help. So can any of you give me a hand here?
It looks like you found a solution, but you might also try the native NVIDIA tool nTune:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

- Dr. Trintignant
Dr. Trintignant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet