JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 05:04 PM   #1
JcR
Banned

Bigfoot: The Patterson Gimlin Film - Part 3

I find it interesting... Esteban Sarmiento talks of how dermal ridges
and scars etc can be faked. Just skip Chilcutt and go to 2:03 in the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M15H9WGzWbw

And if you're really bored watch this. Seven parts,,, if you can take the torture.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GHK2O6...eature=related

Last edited by Darat; 3rd November 2009 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Added info box to wrong post - sorry for any confusion!
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 05:05 PM   #2
mangler
Critical Thinker

Logic,

Great image!

m

Rene Dahinden

Last edited by mangler; 9th January 2009 at 05:06 PM.
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 05:35 PM   #3
makaya325
Banned

JCR, the ngc program is heavily biased. It is a travesty to the serious researchers. Why didnt it present the freeman and klamath footage? Why not the hair morphology? The gaussian curve?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 05:43 PM   #4
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by JcR View Post
I find it interesting... Esteban Sarmiento talks of how dermal ridges
and scars etc can be faked. Just skip Chilcutt and go to 2:03 in the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M15H9WGzWbw
Whenever Chilcutt talks he reminds me of a certain someone (skip Doug, go to 00:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZDm...eature=related

Quote:
And if you're really bored watch this. Seven parts,,, if you can take the torture.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GHK2O6...eature=related
I actually sat through part one. You hurt my brain.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 05:50 PM   #5
JcR
Banned

LMAO... I suffered through all 7

Last edited by JcR; 9th January 2009 at 05:52 PM.
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 06:14 PM   #6
JcR
Banned

Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
JCR, the ngc program is heavily biased. It is a travesty to the serious researchers. Why didnt it present the freeman and klamath footage? Why not the hair morphology? The gaussian curve?
Skip to 14:20

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfuZepS68A

And this isn't a travesty to researchers ?
Old 9th January 2009, 06:25 PM   #7
makaya325
Banned

Jc, a man trying to imitate something is a travesty? Come on, ask anyone to do that, and all of them sound like complete morons, yet that doesnt mean there wrong.
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 06:45 PM   #8
kitakaze

Jc, a man trying to imitate something is a travesty? Come on, ask anyone to do that, and all of them sound like complete morons, yet that doesnt mean there wrong.
Yet you said that Bigfoot is extinct. That would make them wrong, right?

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 06:57 PM   #9
makaya325
Banned

Kitz, thats not the point. The point is that people are no more credible or less credible when they imitate a sound
Old 9th January 2009, 06:57 PM   #10
rockinkt
Muse

Makaya - please explain - in your own words - why each of those is good evidence and why it should be referenced by serious researchers.
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 07:01 PM   #11
JcR
Banned

It is not an example of being wrong...I don't think they need help
in that department anyways.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:10 PM   #12
makaya325
Banned

Rockin, the hairs are similiar to human, except that all 11 lack medullas, are thicker, cut, tapered ends.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:20 PM   #13
JcR
Banned

Imitating sounds is just that...
And credibility is another creature altogether.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:48 PM   #14
rockinkt
Muse

Rockin, the hairs are similiar to human, except that all 11 lack medullas,
are thicker, cut, tapered ends.
Human hair can lack medullas.
In other words - the lack of a medulla does not rule out the hairs being human.

What to heck does "thicker" mean?
Are you referring to the Maximum Shaft Diameter?
Is that measurement outside of known human hair?
If so - by how much? (Please cite reference)

Ummm..."cut". Please explain what you meant by that.

Tapered ends...do you mean the distal hair tip is tapered?
Human hair can have naturally occurring taper.
Is it a Natural Taper or a Rounded Taper?

Last edited by rockinkt; 9th January 2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typos
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 08:08 PM   #15
makaya325
Banned

Rockin, 11 different hairs have features that are different from human hair

http://bfro.net/images/whatis/figure...%20caption.jpg
Old 9th January 2009, 08:22 PM   #16
kitakaze

I thought you said the BFRO is crap, now you're using them for reference?

Old 9th January 2009, 09:27 PM   #17
rockinkt
Muse

I just pointed out my post that they do NOT have features that exclude human hair.
Did you read it?
Fahrenbach's work with alleged sasquatch hair is a complete joke.
Old 9th January 2009, 09:35 PM   #18
makaya325
Banned

Sasquatch hair is cut and has different cortex color
Old 9th January 2009, 09:44 PM   #19
GT/CS
Illuminator

Sasquatch hair is cut and has different cortex color
Looks like we need to add, 'cuts hair' to the bigfoot skills list.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:06 PM   #20
makaya325
Banned

GT, i mean that the hairs are cut, which isnt found in human hair

Professor Stephen I Rosen of the University of Maryland has identified its hair as that of a previously unknown primate–and he has hair on file for most of the living primates of the world.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:07 PM   #21
makaya325
Banned

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Looks like we need to add, 'cuts hair' to the bigfoot skills list.
GT, i mean that the hairs are cut, which isnt found in human hair

Professor Stephen I Rosen of the University of Maryland has identified its hair as that of a previously unknown primate–and he has hair on file for most of the living primates of the world.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:17 PM   #22
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Professor Stephen I Rosen of the University of Maryland has identified its hair as that of a previously unknown primate
How did he do that?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 10:20 PM   #23
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Let's have the full quote, makaya. Why did you write it as if it were your own words?

Quote:
Notable was a plenary address, by prominent anthropologist Carleton S. Coon: "Why There Has To Be A Sasquatch." Coon stated, "Even before I read John Green's book, Sasquatch: the Apes Among Us, I accepted the Sasquatch's existence ... Unfaked footprints are reported every year. (One can usually tell the difference because a man's weight is not enough to press the phony template down enough, among other things) ... Professor Stephen I Rosen of the University of Maryland has identified its hair as that of a previously unknown primate--and he has hair on file for most of the living primates of the world ... On this substantially impeccable evidence we may be justified to state that a primate other than man, which is either a pongid (ape), or hominid (kind of man) is alive in Washington ... It is easier to say what they are not than what they are. They are not Neanderthals."[1] To meet Wikipedias quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. ...

Last edited by LTC8K6; 9th January 2009 at 10:24 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th January 2009, 10:22 PM   #24
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Also here:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/coon.htm

Quote:
Professor Stephen I Rosen of the University of Maryland has identified its hair as that of a previously unknown primate--and he has hair on file for most of the living primates of the world. He has given me permission to state that its scale pattern is primate, its pigment dense and black like that of a lowland gorilla, and its internal structure "unusual." This last refers to the medulla of the hair strand, which is quite variable among the living races of man.
Which indicates that the hairs do have a medulla...

Old 10th January 2009, 08:02 AM   #25
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Well, Jack is still holding at 5' 10" +/- on Patty's height.
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2009, 10:16 AM   #26
Aepervius
Philosopher

Apparently even rare elusive animal are getting caught on Camera. Not bigfoot....

venomous mamal studied

(I know the argument on the quantum bigfoot (both elusive and easily found at the same time) have been beaten to death, but I thought of the finding might interrest some people here on its own value).
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2009, 10:51 AM   #27
makaya325
Banned

Aep, tell me, how many videos do we have of a blue bear? Yes, im bringing it up again.
Old 10th January 2009, 10:58 AM   #28
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Aep, tell me, how many videos do we have of a blue bear? Yes, im bringing it up again.
For what purpose?
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2009, 10:59 AM   #29
makaya325
Banned

Long, even wolverines are video taped tons of times. However, the blue bear has never been video taped, and if it were, it would be online
Old 10th January 2009, 11:08 AM   #30
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Long, even wolverines are video taped tons of times. However, the blue bear has never been video taped, and if it were, it would be online
That cant be stated with any degree of reliability. Theres no cosmic prime directive that anything filmed must be put on the internet. ( I myself have hundreds of hours of stuff thats not on the net and I'm sure millions of others do as well)

So, you cant say it was never filmed anymore than you can say you know it has ( unless you have seen a film of one)

The point is moot however because the BB is known to exist for over a century so the ABILITY to find and film one ( if desired) is readily available for anyone with the resources to do so. Thats what really matters.

I dont follow your reasoning.

Are you saying that because a known animal has not been filmed ( which is really a choice to NOT film it since it can be filmed) that in some way shores up the argument thats theres ZERO reliable "film" of BF especially since BF gets seen hundreds of times a year with a good bit of camera traps and people physically looking for him? ) and everyone else in the woods doing other things?)
Old 10th January 2009, 11:10 AM   #31
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

However, the blue bear has never been video taped, and if it were, it would be online

This may not be true. There may be video of blue bears that is not online.
Old 10th January 2009, 11:19 AM   #32
Hitch
Muse

Wait.

"If anything that exists cannot be found as a video online, therefore anything we can imagine which also cannot be found as a video online can safely be assumed to exist."

Is that the point being made?
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2009, 11:31 AM   #33
makaya325
Banned

No hitch. Bad case by me. Im still hellbent on the lack of continous bodies of the blue bear. This goes more than an analogy, its sad we have trouble finding them
Old 10th January 2009, 11:33 AM   #34
mangler
Critical Thinker

First you need to define which species of Blue Bear. These bears are not quite as elusive as bigfoot, which is everywhere yet nowhere. Who needs video/film when you have one in a zoo?

m

Ursus arctos pruinosus aka Blue Bear
Got this one in a zoo.

Ursus americanus emmonsii aka Blue Bear/Glacier Bear/Spirit Bear
This species is not quite as rare

Rene Dahinden
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2009, 11:52 AM   #35
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Im still hellbent on the lack of continous bodies of the blue bear.
The blue bear is an endangered species listed on CITES Appendix I. It is illegal to trade or possess a body or body part outside of strictly permitted official scientific study.

Quote:
This goes more than an analogy, its sad we have trouble finding them.
Why do you continue to make huge assumptions and pull numbers out of your ass?
Old 10th January 2009, 11:57 AM   #36
kitakaze

No hitch. Bad case by me. Im still hellbent on the lack of continous bodies of the blue bear. This goes more than an analogy, its sad we have trouble finding them
Continuous bodies? What does that even mean, man? You need to quite it with the blue bears. It flies at BFF, not here. They are in zoos, we have there bodies living and dead to study, the Chinese chop them up into little bitty bits and put them in jars in apothecaries. There is a reason why they are rare.

Enough with the blue bears!
It's raining blue bears:

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Tibetan blue bears:

Know them. Found Them. Put them in a zoo.

Last edited by kitakaze; 10th January 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:05 PM   #37
kitakaze

However, the blue bear has never been video taped, and if it were, it would be online
This is inching to the threshhold of willful stupidity.

Hello? Hello??

I showed you two separate bears in zoos in Japan.

PEOPLE VIDEOTAPE THEM DAILY.

Old 10th January 2009, 12:12 PM   #38
Aepervius
Philosopher

If I remember correctly there is a blue bear in a zoo in Japan, as somebody already psoted you. I dunno why you are so hung on video as opposed to photo.

But, hey, pay me the travel to the japan zoo where there is one, and I deliver you tons over tons of blue bear video. Or ask kitakaze to film it.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th January 2009, 12:15 PM   #39
Aepervius
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
This is inching to the threshhold of willful stupidity.

Hello? Hello??

I showed you two separate bears in zoos in Japan.

PEOPLE VIDEOTAPE THEM DAILY.
Shhhhhhhh *whisper to kita*, she/he may be about to pay me a travel to Japan. HIHI.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:23 PM   #40
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
If I remember correctly there is a blue bear in a zoo in Japan, as somebody already psoted you. I dunno why you are so hung on video as opposed to photo.

But, hey, pay me the travel to the japan zoo where there is one, and I deliver you tons over tons of blue bear video. Or ask kitakaze to film it.
He's young, and today's youth believe that the internet is the be-all and know-all of the civilized world. If it isn't on the internet (Youtube) it doesn't exist.
Closed Thread

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal