IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 commission , NARA

Old 14th January 2009, 08:17 AM   #41
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Dawn Deskins also says they don't do real world hijack exercises. More on war games, lots of detail on flight 11, and saying that she didn't spot Flight 77 because she was looking for the phantom flight 11 approaching from the north.
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 08:19 AM   #42
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Craig Marquis explains that he didn't immediately believe flight 11 was hijacked after receiving the first information about Betty Ong's phone call. Also says he didn't connect the burning WTC with flight 11 immediately - another example of how it took a few minutes for people to realise what was going on.
Wow.....just like the sub-humans screamed about the PM book because of the name Chertoff, I find this really ironic that both Alpo Marquis and Craig "Emo" Ranke are related to this guy
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 08:19 AM   #43
Donal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dictator Cheney View Post
sub-humans ?

nazi
Why would you say that? Do you want to hold his money for him?
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 08:20 AM   #44
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Lots of background on Omar al-Bayoumi, the Saudi FBI asset who infamously helped al-Mihdhar and al-Hazmi in California.
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 08:25 AM   #45
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Some new details on how Atta's luggage didn't make it onto flight 11, including the information that they were tagged as belonging to a passenger who was a security issue. Enough unknowns that I predict this will become an issue again.
Old 14th January 2009, 08:34 AM   #46
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

sub-humans ?

nazi

Mod Warning~Enigma~ and Dictator Cheney, drop this now. ~Enigma~, stop calling people sub-humans. Dictator Cheney, stop calling ~enigma~ a Nazi.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:Myriad
Old 14th January 2009, 08:38 AM   #47
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Kevin Delaney on the events of 9/11, why he believed Flight 93 was shot down ("8 mile debris field"), and why he destroyed the controller interview tapes (the document says they have information from others contradicting his statements).

Ah, so much interesting stuff, so much real-life work I should be doing instead...
Old 14th January 2009, 09:06 AM   #48
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
Wow.....just like the sub-humans screamed about the PM book because of the name Chertoff, I find this really ironic that both Alpo Marquis and Craig "Emo" Ranke are related to this guy
lol..I was just thinking that exact same thing.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 09:13 AM   #49
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

ETA: Nevermind, Myriad covered it.

Thanks, MikeW.

Last edited by Gravy; 14th January 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 09:20 AM   #50
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
ETA: Nevermind, Myriad covered it.

Thanks, MikeW.
Ok T.A.M.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 10:00 AM   #51
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Other 9/11 Commission materials will be available here, at some point. Soon, hopefully!
Old 14th January 2009, 10:01 AM   #52
ref
Master Poster

Mike is really earning his NWO paycheck today

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 10:46 AM   #53
Mangoose
Muse

New lists of the phone calls made on Flight 93 and Flight 175. All of the 175 calls and nearly all the 93 calls were made from GTE Airphones.
Steven Jones: "Witness testimony evidencing explosions accompanied by white dust clouds ... are physical indicators of the presence of energetic chemical reactions in the rubble at GZ." (source) Reality: The witness in question was actually describing the dust clouds accompanying the collapse of the South Tower. (source)
Mangoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 10:51 AM   #54
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mangoose View Post
New lists of the phone calls made on Flight 93 and Flight 175. All of the 175 calls and nearly all the 93 calls were made from GTE Airphones.
Quick, someone alert David Ray Griffin.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 11:03 AM   #55
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

So... Who did it?!

WHO DID IT??!!
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 11:23 AM   #56
lapman
Graduate Poster

Lets not forget those put options that somehow mean something about foreknowledge that were not included in the report. I find it interesting that the guy that bought 96% of the UAL puts also bought 115,000 UAL stocks.
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 11:30 AM   #57
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by lapman View Post
Lets not forget those put options that somehow mean something about foreknowledge that were not included in the report. I find it interesting that the guy that bought 96% of the UAL puts also bought 115,000 UAL stocks.
From page 4:

Quote:
The primary points of contact at the FBI were Bill Mackey and Bill McNally.
Yet more nefarious ties. Obviously Ryan's cousin.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 11:37 AM   #58
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
So... Who did it?!

WHO DID IT??!!
Ernest Stavro Blofeld, aided by Dr. No and Goldfinger.
Makes as much sense as the Twoofers accusations.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 12:11 PM   #59
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Good spot! Especially as, for the first time, it tells us who made the recommendation to buy AMR puts - Steve Sarnoff of Options Hotline. I suspect he'll be getting truther emails now for the rest of his life.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:03 PM   #60
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting note is made in the FBi report of Atta's Luggage, that the passenger service representative for AA11 called the ramp crew to ask if Atta's two suitcases (the two that were left behind) had been put aboard the aircraft. It was stated that this was an unusual occurrence, unless the passenger effected asked about the luggage.

http://media.nara.gov/9-11/MFR/t-0148-911MFR-00038.pdf

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 01:27 PM   #61
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Some people will be happy to hear this:

Quote:
The [American Airlines] SOC personnel stated that the track on AAL 77 continued to head west on the ASD after known impact time at the Pentagon.
http://media.nara.gov/9-11/MFR/t-0148-911MFR-00017.pdf
Old 14th January 2009, 01:29 PM   #62
lapman
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Interesting note is made in the FBi report of Atta's Luggage, that the passenger service representative for AA11 called the ramp crew to ask if Atta's two suitcases (the two that were left behind) had been put aboard the aircraft. It was stated that this was an unusual occurrence, unless the passenger effected asked about the luggage.

http://media.nara.gov/9-11/MFR/t-0148-911MFR-00038.pdf

TAM
What is also interesting is that the baggage was not left behind by Atta, but were late in transferring from the US Airways flight and were supposed to go out on AA 181.
They take their paranoia, mix in a healthy dose of mistrust in anything "gubmint", and then bake it in that big ole EZ Bake oven of ignorance, and come to the delusional conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. - Seymour Butz
lapman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 01:32 PM   #63
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

exactly. Atta did not "purposely leave behind" his bags as the truthers claim, but rather they were late in getting onboard the plane. And as you say, they were even placed aboard an alternate flight so he could retrieve them in LA, but the attacks changed this.

TAM
Old 14th January 2009, 01:36 PM   #64
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Some people will be happy to hear this:
Yes I am sure Egg and Waldo are fair near having an orgasm over that little "Sliverstein" moment. Of course, will they dare to find out if may, perhaps, oh i dunno, that the time on the ATC contol was oh, I dunno, different from the time piece used for the "official" time. you know, or some LOGICAL, SANE explanation for it?

Stupid dumb FBI NWO asswipes, revealing more secrets of the grand plan, and releasing it to the supersmart investigooglers.

TAM
Old 14th January 2009, 01:38 PM   #65
lapman
Graduate Poster

Unfortunately, the twoofers will quote Herbert Hortman to death while ignoring everything else.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:41 PM   #66
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Yes I am sure Egg and Waldo are fair near having an orgasm over that little "Sliverstein" moment. Of course, will they dare to find out if may, perhaps, oh i dunno, that the time on the ATC contol was oh, I dunno, different from the time piece used for the "official" time. you know, or some LOGICAL, SANE explanation for it?

Stupid dumb FBI NWO asswipes, revealing more secrets of the grand plan, and releasing it to the supersmart investigooglers.

TAM
And they had only, what, like seven years to CHANGE all this released documents. If I where the NWO agent responsible for this, I'd now be on the lookout for NWO Kitty
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 02:01 PM   #67
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

sub-humans ?

nazi
Wow. Godwinned in the first page....

wow this place got even worse meanwhile.

the Nazis loved the term subhumans.......

...twice.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 02:02 PM   #68
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

exactly. Atta did not "purposely leave behind" his bags as the truthers claim, but rather they were late in getting onboard the plane. And as you say, they were even placed aboard an alternate flight so he could retrieve them in LA, but the attacks changed this.

TAM
And Twoofers treat this, which as anybody who flies regulary knows is a pretty damn common mishap, as some great mysterious and sinister anomaly.
Boy, could I tell you misplaced luggage horror stories.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 02:04 PM   #69
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Janet Riffe provides a little more information on that report that a passenger was shot, as opposed to stabbed, on AA11.
Old 14th January 2009, 02:17 PM   #70
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of a video camera, a beach, and "9/11 Commission records GONE WILD!"

Must just be me.
Old 14th January 2009, 02:23 PM   #71
MikeW
Graduate Poster

This useful NEADS briefing includes interesting details about the NEADS mission, and antiquated radar systems. They also gave a presentation about Flight 93, though even Marr admits the times are a little odd.
Old 14th January 2009, 02:25 PM   #72
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Unfortunately, the twoofers will quote Herbert Hortman to death while ignoring everything else.
You mean Misquote. They will sayd that:

Quote:
Mr. Hortman stated to the interviewing staffer that it was his opinion as an experienced commercial pilot, that none of the hijackers would have been able to successfully carry out the attacks of 09/11/2001.
totally ignoring the following part:

Quote:
without having first flown an aircraft in the airspace of New York City or Washington, DC.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 02:27 PM   #73
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Every time I see the title of this thread I think of a video camera, a beach, and "9/11 Commission records GONE WILD!"

Must just be me.
I'll send you the Mann Coulter video
Old 14th January 2009, 02:49 PM   #74
MikeW
Graduate Poster

The Commission did pay attention to truthers! A Tony Hollick called them, they did a phone interview, and he said a) the WTC was blown up in a plot masterminded by John Ashcroft, b) the Pentagon was hit by a Global Hawk/ F-16, and c) John O'Neal was involved in the WTC plot (though carelessly forgot, presumably, and died in the collapse).
Old 14th January 2009, 02:55 PM   #75
JamesB
Master Poster

And that didn't make the final report? If that isn't proof of a coverup, I don't know what is!
-David Ray Griffin-
Old 14th January 2009, 02:56 PM   #76
MikeW
Graduate Poster

This small document adds a few extra details to the put options story, specifically with regard to some of the profits remaining unclaimed.
Old 14th January 2009, 02:57 PM   #77
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
And that didn't make the final report? If that isn't proof of a coverup, I don't know what is!
Well, at least they published his phone number in the report. Guess truther details don't get those little redacted boxes.
Old 14th January 2009, 02:59 PM   #78
stateofgrace

The Commission did pay attention to truthers! A Tony Hollick called them, they did a phone interview, and he said a) the WTC was blown up in a plot masterminded by John Ashcroft, b) the Pentagon was hit by a Global Hawk/ F-16, and c) John O'Neal was involved in the WTC plot (though carelessly forgot, presumably, and died in the collapse).
Maybe it's just me but I just get this picture of the Mr Cordero, who typed this one up, chuckling away to himself, as he did so.

stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2009, 03:00 PM   #79
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
You mean Misquote. They will sayd that:

totally ignoring the following part:
I can't precisely tell what I am reading in that quote:

Quote:
Mr. Hortman stated to the interviewing staffer that it was his opinion as an experienced commercial pilot, that none of the hijackers would have been able to successfully carry out the attacks of 09/1112001 without having first flown an aircraft in the airspace of New York City or Washington, DC. Mr. Hortman said that merely training in a simulator with a tape or digital presentation of the greater Washington or New York City region would be insufficient. Mr. Hortman is convinced that all the hijacker pilots would have had to actually fly an aircraft in the New York City and Washington, DC areas.
Is he saying that the hijackers COULD have carried out the attacks once they had flown into the NY/DC airspace?

Or that they COULDN'T have carried out the attacks since the hijackers never trained in flying in the NY/DC airspace irl?

Last edited by Bell; 14th January 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 14th January 2009, 03:03 PM   #80
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Liz Glick tells the Commission about errors in some media stories covering a phone conversation between her & husband Jeremy.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories