JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Skeptical Podcasts » Skeptoid
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 31st August 2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Flyer1a
New Blood

Cloud seeding over California. US. Government Spraying Chemicals on the America

Brian, and My fellow Skeptics,
A friend of mine from college lives out in the LA area in california. He swears up and down that th "Government" is spraying LA with chemicals hiding it in the con-trails of comercial jets. Being a commercial pilot, I tried to explain to him how contrails form, a-la moisture leaving the compressor in a jet turbine, sub zero temperatures at high altitudes and condensation nuclei, etc. But he wont buy it, I should say also he's another on who thinks 9/1 was a government consiracy. I did a search for this , and I noticed this "scare" is not confined to the LA basin, and people all over the world have keyed in on this hysteria.
Long story short, Im new here and was wondering if there has been a Skeptoid episode on this topic, and if not could you please enlighten the world about this.

Thanks for the good words. Keep up the good fight
Flyer1a is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 09:50 AM   #2
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

There has been a 'chemtrail' episode of Skeptoid I believe.

Yup, #27 http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4027
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Flyer1a
New Blood

Chemtrails

Nice Thanks!
Flyer1a is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 10:45 AM   #4
Lisa Simpson
Evil Minion
Administrator

I am absolutely convinced that right this moment the "government" is spraying chemicals over parts of Los Angeles.

Chemical fire retardant to fight a brush fire in the Angeles National Forest.

Facts are satanic litter on the heavenly highway to blind faith! - Betty Bowers
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 11:38 AM   #5
shadron
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lisa Simpson View Post
I am absolutely convinced that right this moment the "government" is spraying chemicals over parts of Los Angeles.

Chemical fire retardant to fight a brush fire in the Angeles National Forest.
Heck, watering the lawn of the state capital would also qualify. Who wants their kids playing in those micrograms of fluoride? and the oxygen hydride...

About thirty years ago, they sprayed insecticide over entire fruit-growing counties of California; I happened to be in the area that night, and it's why I'm so quirky today.

Last edited by shadron; 31st August 2009 at 11:40 AM.
shadron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 11:43 AM   #6
Madalch
The Jester

Originally Posted by shadron View Post
Heck, watering the lawn of the state capital would also qualify. Who wants their kids playing in those micrograms of fluoride? and the oxygen hydride...
Dihydrogen monoxide. Oxygen is much more electronegative than hydrogen, and must come second in the name.

(I'm re-writing the nomenclature section of a chemistry textbook at the moment.....)
Old 31st August 2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Praktik
Illuminator

http://contrailscience.com/

for all your chemtrail needs!

Responsive dude too he's replied to questions I've had pretty quickly
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Quote:
There has been a 'chemtrail' episode of Skeptoid I believe.

Yup, #27 http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4027
That's the one with the recording of the "ground crew" guy who told this totally unplausable story to the tune of techno music, right?

What is it with conspiracy theorists and adding stupid music to everything they do?

JREF Forum » General Topics » Skeptical Podcasts » Skeptoid