JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 13th October 2009, 02:06 PM   #1
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Why dont we see body parts at WTC?

I know this is a gruesome question, but a truther asked me this. We have picture of dead people at pentagon, but not at WTC. Why is this? Two planes hit WTC, and bodyparts would be spread all over down town manhattan. But nobody took pictures of anything?
911kongen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:11 PM   #2
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 911kongen View Post
I know this is a gruesome question, but a truther asked me this. We have picture of dead people at pentagon, but not at WTC. Why is this? Two planes hit WTC, and bodyparts would be spread all over down town manhattan. But nobody took pictures of anything?

see the moussaoui trial exhibits. There are photographs of body parts strewn all over west street taken before the towers collapsed.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Macgyver1968
Illuminator

It's called having respect for the dead. People generally don't publically publish photos like that out of respect for the grieving families. Something, I'm sure your truther wouldn't understand.
Old 13th October 2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Thunder
Banned

please tell me this truther is not suggesting nobody died at the WTC.

please tell me this truther has some sense of decency left.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:24 PM   #5
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
please tell me this truther is not suggesting nobody died at the WTC.

please tell me this truther has some sense of decency left.
No planes and no dead! Crazy I know... I was thinking that its no pictures of this because of respect.. Like that french camera guy not filming the burning victims. But then we have the pictures from Pentagon...
911kongen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:24 PM   #6
KDLarsen
Master Poster

Why on earth would they be all over down town Manhattan?

Most of the people killed at WTC, died when the towers collapsed, and the few who died prior to that - and who were at the ground level - weren't really in a position to be filmed anyway. In fact, I'm fairly sure that Jules Naudet was the only person with a camera allowed access to the WTC complex after the first tower was struck. And his comments on filming dead people can be heard in the 9/11 film.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:26 PM   #7
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
see the moussaoui trial exhibits. There are photographs of body parts strewn all over west street taken before the towers collapsed.
Tried to look at the link you gave me, but I cant find any pictures showing dead peoples or bodyparts. Just a picture showing som dots that can be jumpers.. I know its the jumpers, but thats not what a truther is going to say!
Old 13th October 2009, 02:28 PM   #8
911kongen
Critical Thinker

They found bodyparts on bankers trust building something like 7 years after 911! So I think bodyparts was spread all over downtown..
Old 13th October 2009, 02:30 PM   #9
KDLarsen
Master Poster

They found bone fragments, which could have been blown over when the towers collapsed.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:32 PM   #10
911kongen
Critical Thinker

You dont think the planes can have dont that?
Old 13th October 2009, 02:34 PM   #11
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie

They do exist- three were entered into evidence in the Moussaoui trial. If you want to, you can probably find them for yourself with ordinary Google-fu.

They don't show anything recognizable as human.
Old 13th October 2009, 02:39 PM   #12
T.A.M.
Keeper of the Kool-Vax

ask him what he means by "we have pictures of?" the fact is, there are likely hundreds of pictures of the dead at the WTC, but they are not for public consumption, nor should they be.

Also, while you are at it, tell the person he is a gruesome, morbid, asswipe for wanting to see such things.
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:44 PM   #13
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I'm confused as why you (or anyone) would dignify him with a response. Express your disgust and move on.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:47 PM   #14
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

where is this truther asking you this?
"Oh CRAP... DQ!!" - Ol' Hokey, yet again
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:48 PM   #15
Pardalis
Banned

It is a gruesome question, it's also a stupid question.

Does he really need to see what's under these flags to know that thousands of people died there?

Seriously, how old is this truther friend of yours? 12? If he wants to see gore there are plenty of movies to satisfy his lust for it, no need to desecrate the memory of real people.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:50 PM   #16
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
ask him what he means by "we have pictures of?" the fact is, there are likely hundreds of pictures of the dead at the WTC, but they are not for public consumption, nor should they be.

Also, while you are at it, tell the person he is a gruesome, morbid, asswipe for wanting to see such things.
His logic is that we see dead people at pentagon.. why not at WTC? Why can they not show dead people at WTC, but just at pentagon. His conclusion is that its because nobody died at WTC!!
Old 13th October 2009, 02:50 PM   #17
triforcharity
Banned

Tell him to go **** himself, and that he is a sick SOB. That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing that the TM has ever asked.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 02:51 PM   #18
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
where is this truther asking you this?
Norwegian forum..
Old 13th October 2009, 03:00 PM   #19
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

link
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:07 PM   #20
DavidJames
Philosopher

His logic is that we see dead people at pentagon.. why not at WTC? Why can they not show dead people at WTC, but just at pentagon. His conclusion is that its because nobody died at WTC!!
People like that are mentally ill. Maybe it's a permanent condition or a temporary one brought on by rage against the machine syndrome. Best to just leave them wallow in their insanity.
Beaver Hateman: Is your argument that human life loses value proportionate to the number of humans available? Malcolm Kirkpatrick: That's part of the argument. Value is determined by supply and demand.
DavidJames is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:07 PM   #21
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

The area was kinda evacuated so opportunities to take pics will have been somewhat limited. The majority of the human remains tended to be in rather small bits which limits their value as evidence so those takeing photos for official purposes would have been unlikely to take many either.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:16 PM   #22
Pardalis
Banned

I'm sure there are alot of gruesome pictures that have never been released, and never will be, and that's fine with me.

Sorry truthers, you're going to have to satisfy your juvenile need to see gore elsewhere.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:21 PM   #23
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
I'm sure there are alot of gruesome pictures that have never been released, and never will be, and that's fine with me.

Sorry truthers, you're going to have to satisfy your juvenile need to see gore elsewhere.
Thats what i told him! But he says that no pictures is proof that there are no dead..
Old 13th October 2009, 03:21 PM   #24
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

link
Old 13th October 2009, 03:25 PM   #25
NoZed Avenger
Bitter Whiner

Thats what i told him! But he says that no pictures is proof that there are no dead..
OMG. Someone is stupid on the internet.

This. Can. Not. Stand.

Seriously, this guy is far too removed from reality to take seriously, even by trvther standards.
Old 13th October 2009, 03:27 PM   #26
911kongen
Critical Thinker

link
Its on a debate forum, on pvt. They often contact me on pvt.. Same thing on youtube. Its probably because of my videos I think! I have a new one now that I think will make some truthers really mad!
Old 13th October 2009, 03:28 PM   #27
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

Its on a debate forum, on pvt. They often contact me on pvt.. Same thing on youtube. Its probably because of my videos I think! I have a new one now that I think will make some truthers really mad!
What is "pvt"?
Audible Click is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:28 PM   #28
Trojan
Critical Thinker

He's too stupid and ignorant to be allowed access to a computer.
Trojan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:29 PM   #29
911kongen
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by NoZed Avenger View Post
OMG. Someone is stupid on the internet.

This. Can. Not. Stand.

Seriously, this guy is far too removed from reality to take seriously, even by trvther standards.
Many truthers think Obama is Anti Christ! Nothing shocks me when its truthers speaking!
Old 13th October 2009, 03:31 PM   #30
geni

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
I doubt it. Perhaps a few of the jumpers but by that point most non goverment personel had been moved clear of the building. If such photos did exist within the media world they would likely have been published in the some the less respectable european press.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:31 PM   #31
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

I'm shocked that this person would want to look at pictures of body parts. Oh and he's a cretin, can't forget that.
Audible Click is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:32 PM   #32
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

post screen caps then.
Old 13th October 2009, 03:32 PM   #33
geni

Originally Posted by Audible Click View Post
I'm shocked that this person would want to look at pictures of body parts.
Welcome to teh interwebs. Expect to feel that a lot.
Old 13th October 2009, 03:33 PM   #34
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Unfortunately, the only publicly available images I'm aware of are unidentifiable. The ones in the Moussaoui trial evidence roster are either from far away, or are

... I'm sorry, but there's no easy way to put this: They are just lumps of flesh. Here's one example; warning: Link is to a page with an image of this
If any others exist, I'm unaware of them. The only other photo of a dead person I can think of doesn't count because it's of a person struck by debris, not a person inside the buildings or the jets (it's the famous one of Catholic Priest Father Mychal Judge being carried away by firefighters after being hit by debris).
"... my favorite meal is grilled filet of spherical cow of uniform density ... with a side of mashed potatoes of indeterminate volume, peas arranged in an optimal packing configuration, and a glass of ideal fluid." (PhysicsForums)
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:35 PM   #35
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

Originally Posted by geni View Post
Welcome to teh interwebs. Expect to feel that a lot.
Well I hang out in this sub forum alot so I suppose that sooner or later some moronic truther would shock me.
Old 13th October 2009, 03:37 PM   #36
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by geni View Post
I doubt it. Perhaps a few of the jumpers but by that point most non goverment personel had been moved clear of the building. If such photos did exist within the media world they would likely have been published in the some the less respectable european press.
I know someone who worked for Radio-Canada on the day of 9/11, and he told me he saw things that were edited out that were never shown to the public.

I think it's fairly common practice, the investigators release only a minute part of their material to the media, and the media itself filters out the graphic content. Only a fraction of that material manages to leak out in sites like "rotten" and other teen shock sites. I'm sure the FBI photographs used in the Moussaoui trial are the tip of the iceberg.

If the public had access to what the police, firefighters and first responders see on a daily basis, we'd all go mad.
Old 13th October 2009, 03:45 PM   #37
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

no screencaps?

allow me to call bovine feces on this until I get some evidence this exchange is even taking place
Old 13th October 2009, 03:45 PM   #38
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Unfortunately, the only publicly available images I'm aware of are unidentifiable.

This is a little vague, sorry.

I remember seeing a disturbing picture on the internet of a 9/11 victim, it was a severed human head inside a WTC box girder. I came across it on a site about a company that supplied small robotic machines to remotely search at GZ in amongst the debris. Don't asked me to search for it I really don't want to see anything like it again.

Compus
CompusMentus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:49 PM   #39
Mangoose
Muse

Originally Posted by 911kongen
But nobody took pictures of anything?

I know that this may be a little hard for a truther to understand, but the sum total of all knowledge and evidence isn't on the internet. Weird, isn't it? I mean, it is perfectly reasonable that if any photo is ever taken, it automatically winds up on the internet. Could it possibly be that such photos, due to their gruesome nature, and for respect for the dead, and owing to a sense of basic human dignity and sympathy to the victims, are not generally posted online? Of course, they have appeared on Ogrish at times in the past and some photos were released as part of the Moussaoui trial. Some have appeared in the Library of Congress online archive. And some have even been published in book form, such as the severed leg on p. 264 of Here Is New York.

Originally Posted by 911kongen
But he says that no pictures is proof that there are no dead..

Your friend is blithering idiot. Best to just leave him be.
Steven Jones: "Witness testimony evidencing explosions accompanied by white dust clouds ... are physical indicators of the presence of energetic chemical reactions in the rubble at GZ." (source) Reality: The witness in question was actually describing the dust clouds accompanying the collapse of the South Tower. (source)
Mangoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2009, 03:53 PM   #40
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

no screencaps?

allow me to call bovine feces on this until I get some evidence this exchange is even taking place
I second your motion of shenanigans.

LondonJohn: "I don't need to cite."
Rolfe: "I really hate lawyers."
stilicho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories