JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags alex jones

Old 10th February 2010, 07:36 PM   #1
likelystory
Suspended

CT Alex Jones New Years Eve 1999 y2k bug

This is what happens when CT's are given too much rein.

Alex Jones is a Conspiracy Theorist (and yes I like Alex's tenacity) and his freedom of rights allow him to do so uninterrupted,which can be a good thing but not always,and here's why.

On New Year's Eve 1999 Alex Jones had many Americans fleeing to the hills because as ''Alex Jones'' describes it,a Soviet Nuclear strike was imminent within days,including the collaspe of the world economy due to the countdown of the talked up Y2K millenium bug.

So here's a lengthy discussion about the dangers of fear mongering from a fellow CT William Cooper who was allegedly assassinated by the local police,which is another matter in itself.

Part 1:
http://www.pumpitout.com/audio/Coope...er_ajy2k_1.mp3

Part 2:
http://www.pumpitout.com/audio/Coope...er_ajy2k_2.mp3

Part 3:
http://www.pumpitout.com/audio/Coope...er_ajy2k_3.mp3

Last edited by likelystory; 10th February 2010 at 07:50 PM.
likelystory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 07:46 PM   #2
Thunder
Banned

he claimed a nuke plant in Texas was going down.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 07:56 PM   #3
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
he claimed a nuke plant in Texas was going down.

Likely Story!

Sorry, sorry, I just had to do that.
Old 10th February 2010, 08:01 PM   #4
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader

Let's see..... using William Cooper to prove that Alex Jones is a conspiradroid whacko?

Mmmm? Okay? And your point?

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 08:15 PM   #5
likelystory
Suspended

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Let's see..... using William Cooper to prove that Alex Jones is a conspiradroid whacko?

William Cooper is against Alex for creating unnecessary panic which can futuristically result in racial hatred,and possible anarchy on the streets?

Alex Jones: the Russians are coming,the Russians are coming,run for your lives.
likelystory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Foolmewunz

Well, yes, and William Cooper was nuts. You do realize that, don't you? The point of my original post is that you're using a nuttier nut to make a nut sound nutty.

He had a running feud with Jones. I think he once outed him as a tool of the Jesuits (that was a rant he was on for a couple of seasons).

William Cooper was a conspiracist for all seasons. He came and went. The UFOs dun it, no, wait, the UFOs didn't do it, it was the Joos - uh, no, wait that wasn't the Joos it was the new world order, yeah that's it, the new world order and be careful because the IRS is watching your car, but it's not the IRS it's really the BATF, but no, the BATF and the IRS are one and the same and they're illegally usurping the Constitution.

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 10:04 PM   #7
likelystory
Suspended

Oh I see what you mean now. It's SKEPTICS ONLY who can say Alex was wrong, Not CT's....
Old 10th February 2010, 10:15 PM   #8
Foolmewunz

Originally Posted by likelystory View Post
Oh I see what you mean now. It's SKEPTICS ONLY who can say Alex was wrong, Not CT's....
No, I don't think you do see.

Old 11th February 2010, 03:23 AM   #9
likelystory
Suspended

No, I don't think you do see.
Did you listen to rational William Cooper?
Old 11th February 2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Foolmewunz

I'm old, but I don't think I'm that old. William Cooper ceased being rational sometime in the mid-50s, I believe.

ETA: Why dontcha start a thread on the Wisdom of William Cooper, American Patriot & Genius? This one's getting no attention because everyone agrees with him that AJ is a fear-mongering idiot. But the enemy of my enemy is not always my friend. Because getting one little (and obvious) thing right, does not necessarily mean anything else he's espoused is correct.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 11th February 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11th February 2010, 04:04 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Really.
Cooper is one of the few CTers I would say is crazier then Jones. At least Jones is not insane enough to draw on Police Officers and get killed in a shoot out.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2010, 04:05 PM   #12
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2010, 05:13 PM   #13
likelystory
Suspended

I'm old, but I don't think I'm that old. William Cooper ceased being rational sometime in the mid-50s, I believe.

ETA: Why dontcha start a thread on the Wisdom of William Cooper, American Patriot & Genius? This one's getting no attention because everyone agrees with him that AJ is a fear-mongering idiot. But the enemy of my enemy is not always my friend. Because getting one little (and obvious) thing right, does not necessarily mean anything else he's espoused is correct.
That was my point,showing CT's do use critical thinking even when labelled as crackers. So Alex Jones was so wrong back in 1999,yet Alex Jones could be half right on the current issues he's been promoting. Global Warming is NOT man made is one I agree with.

Foolmewunz,maybe William Cooper's beliefs were basically correct yet was finding it difficult to provide evidence Or the evidence was there but Skeptics refuse to accept it.

The point of this thread was to show the Skeptic Club how CT's are not crazy but are indeed very rational and openly crictical when examining other believers.

Ct's have alot to offer the public,though it's their mannerism which turns it upside down,but that's a side issue from my point of view

Last edited by likelystory; 11th February 2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11th February 2010, 10:04 PM   #14
Foolmewunz

That was my point,showing CT's do use critical thinking even when labelled as crackers. So Alex Jones was so wrong back in 1999,yet Alex Jones could be half right on the current issues he's been promoting. Global Warming is NOT man made is one I agree with.

Foolmewunz,maybe William Cooper's beliefs were basically correct yet was finding it difficult to provide evidence Or the evidence was there but Skeptics refuse to accept it.

The point of this thread was to show the Skeptic Club how CT's are not crazy but are indeed very rational and openly crictical when examining other believers.

Ct's have alot to offer the public,though it's their mannerism which turns it upside down,but that's a side issue from my point of view

No.... you're missing the point entirely. My reference to "the enemy of my enemy is NOT NECESSARILY my friend" means that just because Cooper disliked AJ, this does not lend credence to anything else the man ever wrote or said.

IMHO, Cooper had an axe to grind with AJ because AJ was eating into his demographics (whackjobs, guys with guns on towers, freemen, bunker builders, and the like), and with only a limited pie to split, Coop didn't like the fact that AJ was superseding him as "the most dangerous radio personality in the country" - he wanted that turf for himself.

If you want to show us the CTs are not necessarily crazy, you'll have to do better than pointing out William Cooper, as he was nuts! If you mean that your point was to show us that even total nutcases occasionally get something right (for possibly the wrong reasons), well we all get that. It's the old "Hitler loved his dog", thing. The adage that comes to mind is the one stating that even a broken (analog) clock is right twice a day.

Old 12th February 2010, 11:19 AM   #15
cafetimes1991
Scholar

Ah yes, that infamous show. His really fake-sounding crying on 9/11 turned me off him too.
cafetimes1991 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2010, 09:02 PM   #16
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

What has Jones said about this issue that you agree with?
Old 13th February 2010, 12:58 AM   #17
likelystory
Suspended

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
What has Jones said about this issue that you agree with?
The Sun is the cause of Global Warming,not carbon dioxide. The warming happens first which in turn causes the oceans to expell the CO2,not vice versa as Al Gore spins.
Old 14th February 2010, 01:17 AM   #18
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

Stundied.

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories