JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags cataract

Old 13th August 2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Yuri Nalyssus
Graduate Poster

Ethos Bright Eyes

Has anyone heard of this stuff? http://www.ethos.ag/

The product (ethos bright eyes) claims to be able to treat cataracts in humans and dogs by the application of drops, promising 100% response (no definition of 'response') in the case of age related cataracts according to Chinese research.

There are numerous pub med references to an L-carnosine based treatment for cataracts but they predominantly feature one researcher and don't look too convincing to me, being low on numbers and high on hyperbole, some of the abstracts being almost indistinguishable from adverts:

"Overall, accumulated study data demonstrate that the IVP-designed new vision-saving drugs, including N-acetylcarnosine eyedrops, promote health vision and prevent vision disability from senile cataracts, primary open-angle glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and aging. N-acetylcarnosine eyedrop therapy is the crown jewel of the anti-aging medical movement and revolutionizes early detection, treatment, and rejuvenation of aging-related eye-disabling disorders. N-acetylcarnosine, as an innovative medical science tool and component of the home medicine and alternative medicine approaches, has the potential to alleviate visual impairment and its associated social, economic, and political woes for an aging population."

... crown jewel... political woes???

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19487926
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19149498
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15139774

My scepti-scope is reading red but I've been wrong before and I'd be grateful for any opinions received.

Cheers,

Yuri
Old 4th July 2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Turgor
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ethospete View Post
You are right to be skeptical; <snip wall of text>
I agree with that sentence, after that I'm not so sure. Could you please instead of linking to a pdf that asserts that 100% of senile cataracts were cured by Carnosine as evidence for your assertion that Carnosine cures 100% of senile cataracts, link to any actual research, with data?

ETA: Oh i just now noticed the necromancy

Last edited by Turgor; 4th July 2011 at 05:32 PM.
Turgor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2011, 05:44 PM   #3
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Turgor View Post
ETA: Oh i just now noticed the necromancy
It died in 1988, so there's a definite zombie quality to this one.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2011, 10:56 PM   #4
ethospete
Banned

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
It died in 1988, so there's a definite zombie quality to this one.
It didn't 'die'... it has been suppressed ever since, like so many other things the powers that be don't wan't people to know about... As I state above, cataracts surgery is already a $6.8 billion a year industry in the states alone and they definitely don't want a simple course of eye drops jeopardising that little revenue stream... As Professor John Marshall at St. Thomas's Hospital in London told me back in 2004; "...Yes, it sounds great, but please only sell them in Africa or India as I have a one and a half million pound a year cataracts business."

All the best

Ethos Pete...
ethospete is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2011, 11:09 PM   #5
ethospete
Banned

[quote=Turgor;7339407]I agree with that sentence, after that I'm not so sure. Could you please instead of linking to a pdf that asserts that 100% of senile cataracts were cured by Carnosine as evidence for your assertion that Carnosine cures 100% of senile cataracts, link to any actual research, with data?

That is the findings of Professor Wang's clinical trial listed in the pdf file... As it's states there, she did a further trial with 1,000 people with similar results... But like I also said, ALL data surrounding these trials has been suppressed for the above stated reasons...

See the 'before' and 'after' photos here: http://petdrops.com/

A picture paints a thousand words and this was a totally independent trial carried out at Broome Wildlife Sanctuary in Western Australia. Following Joey's brilliant results they are now doing another trial on a baby wallaby. Results with animals totally dispel any possibility that it is a placebo effect.

Also see Dr Elizabette Cohen WCBS880 News Radio Pet Vet's testimonial about Allie her dog on the same website.

The drops work... Hundreds of thousands of people the world over can attest to their results... It's just The Powers That Be don't want people knowing about them... It's as simple as that...
ethospete is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2011, 11:18 PM   #6
ethospete
Banned

You'll also note that the report stated 100% effectiveness on mild to moderate cataracts over their 6 months trial period and only 80% effectiveness on more advanced mature cataracts. I also stated that more severe cases can take more than six boxes to fully dissolve a more mature cataract.

We openly admit that nothing can possibly have a 100% effectiveness in all cases... But 90%+ of users do experience excellent results.
Mod WarningBreach of rule 4 removed. Do not copy and paste material from elsewhere.
Posted By:Cuddles

Last edited by Cuddles; 5th July 2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Line Space Formatting...
Old 5th July 2011, 02:19 AM   #7
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

<much garbage snipped>
So not only are you pimping DVDs promoting conspiracy nonsense you're also pimping magic eye drops.
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 04:22 AM   #8
ethospete
Banned

Originally Posted by catsmate1 View Post
So not only are you pimping DVDs promoting conspiracy nonsense you're also pimping magic eye drops.
The mind is like a parachute...

It works best when open...

As I said above, the eye drops were first discovered back in 1988 so are old news...

But if you think that eye drops dissolving cataracts are some form of 'magic' look up extracellular matrix compound and Anthony Atala's work on organ regeneration... Now that is what I call magic!

http://www.ted.com/speakers/anthony_atala.html

Up until only very recently all 'scientists' believed that it was impossible for bumble bees to fly... but it never seemed to stop them from flying...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 04:28 AM   #9
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

As I said above, the eye drops were first discovered back in 1988 so are old news...

But if you think that eye drops dissolving cataracts are some form of 'magic' look up extracellular matrix compound and Anthony Atala's work on organ regeneration... Now that is what I call magic!

Up until only very recently all 'scientists' believed that it was impossible for bumble bees to fly... but it never seemed to stop them from flying...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
And now he's using the old "bumble bee" line...good grief!

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 04:35 AM   #10
ethospete
Banned

Eye drops for dissolving cataracts is old news... it's just been suppressed...

Organ regrowth is also old news but is no longer suppressed as it's a brand new industry and doesn't threaten an existing one... like cataracts $6.8 billion a year in the states alone for surgery...

Here's the 'Magic' dust... ExtraCellular Matrix Compound... Next you'll be telling me this is 'magic' too...

Medicine's Cutting Edge: Re-Growing Organs
February 11, 2009 3:13 PM

(CBS) Imagine re-growing a severed fingertip, or creating an organ in the lab that can be transplanted into a patient without risk of rejection. It sounds like science fiction, but it's not. It's the burgeoning field of regenerative medicine, in which scientists are learning to harness the body's own power to regenerate itself, with astonishing results. Correspondent Wyatt Andrews brings you to the scientific frontier.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3960219.shtml

The truth is out there... The truth will set you free...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 04:43 AM   #11
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, trying to wallpaper over your lack of facts and evidence with the usual garbage.

And the properly conducted trials and peer reviewed analysis?

No actually they didn't. Either you know this is untrue, and are deliberately repeating a lie, or you haven't bothered to check your "facts" which rather casts your magic cataract drops in doubt.

Further I note that one of your posts began "We openly admit", is this an admission that you have an interest is selling the magic cataract drops?
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 04:43 AM   #12
Ethan Thane Athen
Graduate Poster

It didn't 'die'... it has been suppressed ever since, like so many other things the powers that be don't wan't people to know about... As I state above, cataracts surgery is already a $6.8 billion a year industry in the states alone and they definitely don't want a simple course of eye drops jeopardising that little revenue stream... As Professor John Marshall at St. Thomas's Hospital in London told me back in 2004; "...Yes, it sounds great, but please only sell them in Africa or India as I have a one and a half million pound a year cataracts business."

All the best

Ethos Pete...
I assume he's happy for you to quote him or that you have proof that he said exactly that, else you may find yourself on the end of a litigation case...
Ethan Thane Athen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 04:49 AM   #13
ethospete
Banned

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
And now he's using the old "bumble bee" line...good grief!
Okay, I'll use a different example if you prefer...

Up until very recently 'scientists' still believed that conventional current flowed from positive to negative... Then they had to re-write all their text books...

When microwave ovens first came out many people thought that they would die from radiation sickness...

The Flat Earth society is another prime example...

Any theory is only a theory until it is replaced by a newer one...

All 'new' discoveries get ridiculed... until enough enlightened people share the same views... Then they become fact...

Next you'll be telling me that you believe Darwin's theory of evolution and that you evolved from the apes... lol

All the very best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 04:51 AM   #14
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

He doesn't want the money from Africa and India?

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 04:52 AM   #15
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Next you'll be telling me that you believe Darwin's theory of evolution and that you evolved from the apes
Is that what the TOE says?

Old 5th July 2011, 04:55 AM   #16
ethospete
Banned

Originally Posted by Ethan Thane Athen View Post
I assume he's happy for you to quote him or that you have proof that he said exactly that, else you may find yourself on the end of a litigation case...
I doubt very much that he is happy that I recount his exact words and I bet that he regrets ever uttering them.

Yes, Professor Steven Charles Gallant, our Professor of Bio-Chemistry, was in the same meeting in St. Thomas's Hospital in 2004 and witnessed that those were his exact words.

I only ever speak the truth... I have no need nor reason to lie...

If he would like to go for litigation I only have to ask him to take a simple lie detector test along with me and end of case...

The Truth is out there... The truth will set you free...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 04:58 AM   #17
ethospete
Banned

He doesn't want the money from Africa and India?
No, he just wanted me to only sell them in third world countries so as not to upset his one and a half million pound a year cataracts operation business.

That was back in 2004 and so I am sure that his business is even more successful now.

Darwin's TOE ... mmmmmm... same as Einstein's TOR I guess...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 05:08 AM   #18
ethospete
Banned

Originally Posted by catsmate1 View Post
Ah, trying to wallpaper over your lack of facts and evidence with the usual garbage.
And the properly conducted trials and peer reviewed analysis?
No actually they didn't. Either you know this is untrue, and are deliberately repeating a lie, or you haven't bothered to check your "facts" which rather casts your magic cataract drops in doubt.
Further I note that one of your posts began "We openly admit", is this an admission that you have an interest is selling the magic cataract drops?
If you read my original post you will see that it is my company that sells Bright Eyes, magic or otherwise, Drops for cataracts... and I'm very proud of the fact as we have helped literally hundreds of thousands of people the world over to regain their sight without undergoing traumatic and invasive cataracts surgery... Rightly or wrongly I think it is a very good thing and that we are supplying a very useful and beneficial product... I stand behind all of my Ethos products with a rock-solid and unshakable belief in them, period. All Ethos Products do exactly what they say on the tin, period.

All the very best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 05:11 AM   #19
ethospete
Banned

Me having the user name 'ethospete' was another very big clue that I sell the Ethos eye drops too...
Old 5th July 2011, 05:17 AM   #20
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

These type of eye drops are available from several different sources. Whoever is suppressing the idea is doing a poor job.

Old 5th July 2011, 05:24 AM   #21
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

No, he just wanted me to only sell them in third world countries so as not to upset his one and a half million pound a year cataracts operation business.

That was back in 2004 and so I am sure that his business is even more successful now.

Darwin's TOE ... mmmmmm... same as Einstein's TOR I guess...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
So that there isn't a derail I encourage you to start another thread to flesh out that idea.
Old 5th July 2011, 05:27 AM   #22
ethospete
Banned

These type of eye drops are available from several different sources. Whoever is suppressing the idea is doing a poor job.
Yes, they are readily available from several different sources as you very rightly say...

But, had you ever heard about them before you read this post..?

Considering they were first discovered back in 1988 and first marketed in 2000 isn't it a little bit odd that everybody hasn't already heard about them already..?

As the US Doctors newsletter I quoted above states...

The enormous benefits of NAC eye drops should be the topic of every nightly newscast and front-page headlines on every newspaper - but you and I both know that just won't happen. Cataract surgery and treatment has become too big of a business. With the oldest of the baby boomers just now beginning to reach the age where cataracts starts to form, the condition will become a surgical "cash cow".

It's all the main-stream media that keeps the information suppressed...

All the best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 05:31 AM   #23
ethospete
Banned

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
So that there isn't a derail I encourage you to start another thread to flesh out that idea.
That's an excellent idea... if I knew how to convert it into a different thread..?

All the best

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 05:39 AM   #24
Maurice Ledifficile
Lost in translation

Evolution happened.
Thread topics are not suppressed.
Your product is a scam.
This is not the place to sell your product.
Spam and eggs; eggs with spam; spam, spam and sausage...
Old 5th July 2011, 05:50 AM   #25
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Perhaps it's only the evidence of efficacy that's been suppressed.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 06:01 AM   #26
ethospete
Banned

Look above... My original post has already been removed... And you say that this information isn't suppressed!!!

I thought this forum was open for open discussion... but obviously not...

What a joke... lol

Bye for now friends...

Ethos Pete...
Old 5th July 2011, 06:04 AM   #27
ethospete
Banned

P.S. I rest my case...
Old 5th July 2011, 06:35 AM   #28
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

P.S. I rest my case...
Rewrite your post so that it doesn't violate the board's rules...

No one is suppressing such eye drops. Not even yours.

Everyone who googles the subject in any of several ways, will get a link to such eye drops.

There is even much discussion encouraging the use of such drops along with surgery.

Whether they do anything or not is for the buyer to decide.

Old 5th July 2011, 06:51 AM   #29
Mojo
Mostly harmless

http://www.bmj.com/content/327/7429/1459.abstract

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 06:55 AM   #30
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Look above... My original post has already been removed... And you say that this information isn't suppressed!!!

I thought this forum was open for open discussion... but obviously not...

What a joke... lol

Bye for now friends...

Ethos Pete...
P.S. I rest my case...

See Rule 6 (which you agreed to follow when you signed up). I suspect that much of the content of that post will have been considered overly promotional.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 07:04 AM   #31
Cuddles
Decoy

Location: A magical land full of pink fluffy sheeps and bunnies
Considering they were first discovered back in 1988 and first marketed in 2000 isn't it a little bit odd that everybody hasn't already heard about them already..?
No, not in the slightest. Firstly, why on Earth should everybody have heard of them at all? It's a claimed treatment for an ailment that the majority of people in the world don't have. Most people don't know what treatments are available for surfer's ear either, that doesn't mean they're being suppressed.

Secondly, by far the most obvious reason even those interested might not have heard of it is because it's a scam. It's practically a textbook example of extraordinary claims backed up by zero evidence, unverifiable testimonials, accusations of wild conspiracies, and spam. When the response to questions or criticism is not to point to peer reviewed publications but instead accuse the entire world of conspiring against you, it's generally a fair indication that the claims aren't worth taking seriously.

Thirdly, even if not a deliberate scam, there's simply no evidence. Maybe every single person with cataracts actually has heard of this, they're just correctly told that it doesn't work and promptly ignore it in favour of real medicine.

Finally, maybe you just suck at marketing? It doesn't matter how amazing a product is if you're incapable of convincing anyone to actually buy it. Spam and conspiracy theories are really rather unlikely to convince anyone, and most people will just tune it straight out. It's the same situation we see with cold fusion proponents - if they're so sure they're claims are correct, why do they go to so much trouble to make them look exactly like a scam?
Old 5th July 2011, 07:14 AM   #32
Mojo
Mostly harmless

It's all the main-stream media that keeps the information suppressed...

Because the main-stream media never, ever, run uncritical stories about "alternative" treatments.[/sarcasm]

Old 5th July 2011, 07:33 AM   #33
Emet
Illuminator

Okay. I did a little digging, but won't be posting links.

The parent company has an affiliate program: they either started as, or are branching into network marketing/multi-level marketing.

Ugh.
Emet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 08:09 AM   #34
fls
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Yuri Nalyssus View Post
There are numerous pub med references to an L-carnosine based treatment for cataracts but they predominantly feature one researcher and don't look too convincing to me, being low on numbers and high on hyperbole, some of the abstracts being almost indistinguishable from adverts:

"Overall, accumulated study data demonstrate that the IVP-designed new vision-saving drugs, including N-acetylcarnosine eyedrops, promote health vision and prevent vision disability from senile cataracts, primary open-angle glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and aging. N-acetylcarnosine eyedrop therapy is the crown jewel of the anti-aging medical movement and revolutionizes early detection, treatment, and rejuvenation of aging-related eye-disabling disorders. N-acetylcarnosine, as an innovative medical science tool and component of the home medicine and alternative medicine approaches, has the potential to alleviate visual impairment and its associated social, economic, and political woes for an aging population."

... crown jewel... political woes???

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19487926
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19149498
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15139774

My scepti-scope is reading red but I've been wrong before and I'd be grateful for any opinions received.

Cheers,

Yuri
I also found the abstract in the first link quite bizarre. I looked through the other abstracts in that journal and they appear quite ordinary. I find it very odd that advertising language, rather than the language of medical research reporting, was allowed through peer-review. Then, reference is made in passing to an RCT involving 50,000 subjects, but no details whatsoever are provided? I find its inclusion in what appears to be an ordinary sort of peer-reviewed journal to be inexplicable.

Linda
Look how nicely I'm not reminding you you're dumb.-Happy Bunny
When I give an example, do not assume I am excluding every other possible example. Thank you.
fls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 08:10 AM   #35
Turgor
Critical Thinker

That is the findings of Professor Wang's clinical trial listed in the pdf file... As it's states there, she did a further trial with 1,000 people with similar results... But like I also said, ALL data surrounding these trials has been suppressed for the above stated reasons...
So the research was never published? How can you make claims based on unpublished results?
The drops work... Hundreds of thousands of people the world over can attest to their results... It's just The Powers That Be don't want people knowing about them... It's as simple as that...
Your conspiracy theory doesn't stack up with the fact that a quick search on pubmed reveals this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...ine%20cataract
Had you simply linked to any study on that list, or even the list itself, you might have convinced me. Or at least given us something to debate over. Reading the abstracts it does seem to me carnosine has an effect on cataracts and their formation. But most studies seem rather small.

But your tactic of blaming the apparent lack of information on conspiracies of eye surgeons makes me very wary of just accepting any positive studies that are out there without full access (which I sadly don't have).
Turgor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 08:14 AM   #36
Turgor
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Emet View Post

The parent company has an affiliate program: they either started as, or are branching into network marketing/multi-level marketing.

Ugh.
That parent company is Innovative Vision Products, Inc. i assume? I saw their name on nearly every abstract.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:18 AM   #37
Turgor
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by fls View Post
I also found the abstract in the first link quite bizarre. I looked through the other abstracts in that journal and they appear quite ordinary. I find it very odd that advertising language, rather than the language of medical research reporting, was allowed through peer-review. Then, reference is made in passing to an RCT involving 50,000 subjects, but no details whatsoever are provided? I find its inclusion in what appears to be an ordinary sort of peer-reviewed journal to be inexplicable.

Linda
Yeah, that abstract caught my eye as something that might look at first glance to be a large study (what with the words "a clinical study of the new vision-saving drug N-acetylcarnosine eyedrop therapy in a database population of over 50,500 patients"). But then they start of by describing in vitro tests... the second half of that abstract seems to have nothing to do with the first half.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:26 AM   #38
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

Okay, I'll use a different example if you prefer...

Up until very recently 'scientists' still believed that conventional current flowed from positive to negative... Then they had to re-write all their text books...
So now we can add basic electrodynamics to the list of subjects you don't understand.

When microwave ovens first came out many people thought that they would die from radiation sickness...

The Flat Earth society is another prime example...
Ignorant people belive in stupid stuff, chiropractic, homeopathy, radionics, quack medicine in general, giant conspiracies..........
This, however, has no effect on facts.

Any theory is only a theory until it is replaced by a newer one...

All 'new' discoveries get ridiculed... until enough enlightened people share the same views... Then they become fact...
No. Many new 'discoveries' remain nonsense because they're simply untrue.

Next you'll be telling me that you believe Darwin's theory of evolution and that you evolved from the apes... lol
Like rational and intelligent people in general I accept evolution is true (nice "you evolved from the apes" strawman). That you apparently do not accept evolution says an awful lot about you, none of it good.

And don't forget we're still waiting for your evidence that you magic cataract drops actually work. In you haste to snipe you seem to have forgotten about this.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:27 AM   #39
Emet
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Turgor View Post
That parent company is Innovative Vision Products, Inc. i assume? I saw their name on nearly every abstract.
Nope. The company I researched is the company mentioned in the OP.*

* I found a few other ways to search out the details--as I knew nothing about MLMs a while back, despite being a licensed veterinarian. I had heard of the big MLMs, and knew of folks who sold the products-- but my personal interactions were with... you know... legitimate sales reps. I spent a lot of time investigating MLMs before I moved on.
Emet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2011, 08:27 AM   #40
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emet View Post

Ugh.
So a pyramid scheme selling quack remedies. A match made in heaven.

JREF Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology