JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags nostradamus

Old 3rd October 2010, 01:43 AM   #81
Rwalsh
Banned

The young heir to the British realm, Whom his dying father will have recommended: The latter dead 'Lonole' will dispute with him, And from the son the realm demanded.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:47 AM   #82
Rwalsh
Banned

Exclamation Nostradamus Writes LADY GODIVA

Even thou this Event happend 500 years before Nostradamus. This cannot be said to even be a Prediction at all. He is merly convaying a type of historical tribulation. In the Quatrain he writes.

painting by John Collier painting in 1898

Nostradamus Writes..

Century I Quatrain 86
When the great queen sees herself conquered,
she will show an excess of masculine courage.
Naked, on horseback, she will pass over the river
pursued by the sword: she will have outraged her faith

For Indepth information to Lady Godiva, read from wikipidia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Godiva

Last edited by Rwalsh; 3rd October 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:56 AM   #83
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by Rwalsh View Post

Which points out the story is entirely fictional.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:59 AM   #84
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by geni View Post
Oh? Hardly Doubting so my friend. I could sit here all night posting controversy facts. Deciphers.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 3rd October 2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:08 AM   #85
lopeyschools
Critical Thinker

Now I like a beautiful naked woman on a horse as much as the next heterosexual man, what does this thread have to do with general skepticism or paranormal claims?

Is this just an homage to naked women?
lopeyschools is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:10 AM   #86
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by lopeyschools View Post
Now I like a beautiful naked woman on a horse as much as the next heterosexual man, what does this thread have to do with general skepticism or paranormal claims?

Is this just an homage to naked women?
Trust me... We are only getting started with Nostradamus works and my deciphering. Perhaps one of the reasons why Nostradamus wrote it, for the simple reason of Free Courage. I shall post Anew! Everyday.. or try to.. I have a few already deciphered. But not all will be deciphered. But I try my best. Most of the decipherings I post links to wiki-facts... infact. And alot of the deciphering are alot of the events that either happened, before nostradamus time, after nostradamus time, to our future's future.. But predicted after nostradamus time from 1500s and later. So some information may be contained in the year 1600, 1700,1800,1900,2000. and perhaps to the year 3797 as stated in the Preface.. And then of course, Before the year 1500s as well..

Last edited by Rwalsh; 3rd October 2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:13 AM   #87
lopeyschools
Critical Thinker

Trust me... We are only getting started with Nostradamus works and my deciphering. Perhaps one of the reasons why Nostradamus wrote it, for the simple reason of Free Courage. I shall post Anew! Everyday.. or try to.. I have a few already deciphered. But not all will be deciphered. But I try my best.
O rly?
lopeyschools is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:17 AM   #88
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I could sit here all night posting controversy facts.
You could. So why are you posting obvious nonsense instead?

What do you expect these threads to achieve? Because all they're getting you so far is laughed at.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:17 AM   #89
23_Tauri
Illuminator

Forget the Nostradamus BS, but thank you for posting up one of my favourite paintings, RWalsh. Gorgeous, the horse and the fantasy.
23_Tauri is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:24 AM   #90
Rwalsh
Banned

Refrain from attacking Nostradamus as if the man was BS. Some Respect for my spiritual Father would be appreciated.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:26 AM   #91
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi

Lol you do know where you are don't you?
nvidiot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:30 AM   #92
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Trust me... We are only getting started with Nostradamus works and my deciphering.
Oh wonderful. I'll make sure to staple myself to my seat for it.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:30 AM   #93
Duffy Moon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by geni View Post
Don't you be dissin' our Lady G!
Duffy Moon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:34 AM   #94
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Oh wonderful. I'll make sure to staple myself to my seat for it.
lol
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:35 AM   #95
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

The young heir to the British realm, Whom his dying father will have recommended: The latter dead 'Lonole' will dispute with him, And from the son the realm demanded.
Didn't they do a poll where they found out that the majority of the British public wanted William out of the three guys? (Will, Harry and Charles)

Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet.
If I die before I wake, give them to my brother Jake.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:37 AM   #96
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Didn't they do a poll where they found out that the majority of the British public wanted William out of the three guys? (Will, Harry and Charles)
Truthfully Nostradamus wrote this. You should ask him if you have any questions. Im sorry but I cannot answer all of them.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:38 AM   #97
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Refrain from attacking Nostradamus as if the man was BS. Some Respect for my spiritual Father would be appreciated.

What do you mean "as if"?

The only thing that proves it wan't complete nonsense to start with is that your decipherings appear to have made it more nonsensical.

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:43 AM   #98
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Truthfully Nostradamus wrote this.
What Nostradamus wrote and what you are interpreting him as meaning appear to be two very different things. It's been explained to you why your interpretation of Nostradamus' prediction as applying to the current British royal family cannot possibly be correct.

Quote:
You should ask him if you have any questions. Im sorry but I cannot answer all of them.
I'm quite sure that Nostradamus, were he in a position to answer our questions, would be as bewildered by your 'decipher' as we are. You are the only person who can explain why you persist in believing that your 'decipher' is correct despite all the evidence to the contrary.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:43 AM   #99
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Truthfully Nostradamus wrote this. You should ask him if you have any questions. Im sorry but I cannot answer all of them.
Sorry mate, he's dead. He's not answering anything.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:46 AM   #100
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
What do you mean "as if"?

The only thing that proves it wan't complete nonsense to start with is that your decipherings appear to have made it more nonsensical.
Nostradamus writes...
I beg that you will never want to employ your understanding on such dreams and vanities as dry up the body and put the soul in perdition and cause trouble to the weak senses.

I think for the skeptic he means you?

Last edited by Rwalsh; 3rd October 2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:46 AM   #101
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

But you said William would NEVER be king and it would go to Harry.

MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 02:55 AM   #102
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
What Nostradamus wrote and what you are interpreting him as meaning appear to be two very different things. It's been explained to you why your interpretation of Nostradamus' prediction as applying to the current British royal family cannot possibly be correct.

I'm quite sure that Nostradamus, were he in a position to answer our questions, would be as bewildered by your 'decipher' as we are. You are the only person who can explain why you persist in believing that your 'decipher' is correct despite all the evidence to the contrary.
You are right... My last decipher, I was off by alittle. I thought that the people would die somehow different but really it was the cause of a natural disaster. But never the less the discriptive information is how they were crushed to death that I was correct. I made a logistical error in the interpretation. Nevertheless they did 70,000 did die by being crushed, which I knew would happen...... And it came sooner than I though it would have. (A month shorter than expected) Hence why One of nostradamus Rule, is not for me to know times and dates.

Also JREF official youtube at the time, I posted my findings.. And they gave me there direct number to phone them. The man said he worked with Randi. I didnt phone...

Last edited by Rwalsh; 3rd October 2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:00 AM   #103
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Nostradamus writes...
I beg that you will never want to employ your understanding on such dreams and vanities as dry up the body and put the soul in perdition and cause trouble to the weak senses.

I think for the skeptic he means you?

No, this was written for me:
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:03 AM   #104
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
No, this was written for me:
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Okay...
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:03 AM   #105
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

You are right... My last decipher, I was off by alittle.
The decipher you have shared with in this thread is not 'off by a little', it's completely and utterly nonsensical.

I know nothing of this 'last decipher' that you are referring to, but I suspect it's the usual mixture of a Nostradamus' "prediction" vague enough to be interpreted as roughly applying to hundreds of different events over the last 500 years and your willingness to ignore any details that don't apply and look only at the ones that do.
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:04 AM   #106
Rwalsh
Banned

The decipher you have shared with in this thread is not 'off by a little', it's completely and utterly nonsensical.

I know nothing of this 'last decipher' that you are referring to, but I suspect it's the usual mixture of a Nostradamus' "prediction" vague enough to be interpreted as roughly applying to hundreds of different events over the last 500 years and your willingness to ignore any details that don't apply and look only at the ones that do.
How many Cats do you own? 3? I bet you are a cat lover...
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:06 AM   #107
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

How many Cats do you own? 3? I bet you are a cat lover...
What has that got to do with anything?
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:07 AM   #108
Rwalsh
Banned

What has that got to do with anything?
Sorry...
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:10 AM   #109
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

But you said William would NEVER be king and it would go to Harry.
Ahem?

Old 3rd October 2010, 03:17 AM   #110
Rwalsh
Banned

Ahem?
I cant Answer all your questions. If you wish to know- then take the time and read everything that Nostradamus writes and ask him. Once you understand and read everything and research everything with cold hard facts. I guarantee if you love him like I do then you will develop a bond with him. He may even come and startle you in a dream or two., Once you upload the vital information in your brain cells, you will get a dream with the Nostradamus himself. This is some spiritual understanding I give./
I know it sounds wack and crazy. But try only focusing on this for years, and you will soon figure out why. Im telling you that if you think about it for too long you will have dreams about it. And these dreams are lucid and real, Just like the shocking cold truth in all of this. These are like cosmic waves-

His Spiritual Writing is like no other- this is Nostradamus himself speaking. These are my text and my words, yet you can hear the voice can you not? Becuase these texts are defined by character, characteristics.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 3rd October 2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:21 AM   #111
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

I cant Answer all your questions. If you wish to know- then take the time and read everything that Nostradamus writes and ask him. Once you understand and read everything and research everything with cold hard facts. I guarantee if you love him like I do then you will develop a bond with him. He may even come and startle you in a dream or two., Once you upload the vital information in your brain cells, you will get a dream with the Nostradamus himself. This is some spiritual understanding I give./
I know it sounds wack and crazy. But try only focusing on this for years, and you will soon figure out why. Im telling you that if you think about it for too long you will have dreams about it. And these dreams are lucid and real, Just like the shocking cold truth in all of this. These are like cosmic waves-

His Spiritual Writing is like no other- this is Nostradamus himself speaking. These are my text and my words, yet you can hear the voice can you not? Becuase these texts are defined by character, characteristics.
No. I'm not asking about Nostradamus, I'm asking why you came in here and stated Harry would be king because William is illegitimate, and then said that WILLIAM would be king when I told you that he's more popular.

This isn't about Nostradamus, it's about YOU. I'm asking for why YOU have done a complete 180 on your claim after two pages of posts.

ETA: Also, this bit?

But try only focusing on this for years, and you will soon figure out why.
Are you seriously telling me to ignore everything else in my life to focus on Nostradamus?

Last edited by MarkCorrigan; 3rd October 2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:22 AM   #112
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Even thou this Event happend 500 years before Nostradamus. This cannot be said to even be a Prediction at all. He is merly convaying a type of historical tribulation. In the Quatrain he writes.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2..._6304959_n.jpg
painting by John Collier painting in 1898

Nostradamus Writes..

Century I Quatrain 86
When the great queen sees herself conquered,
she will show an excess of masculine courage.
Naked, on horseback, she will pass over the river
pursued by the sword: she will have outraged her faith

Can we have this thread renamed "Lady Godiva totally copied Nostradamus", please?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:24 AM   #113
Rwalsh
Banned

I firmly beleive that Harry will be becuase of what Nostradamus has written.
Harry will demand the throne from his father. Which his father will have recommended. But the Queen will have disputed with him before her death about it.

Thats all I can say about it...
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:24 AM   #114
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Sorry...
I actually have two kittens at the moment. I'd post a picture but it's against the rules ...

I know it sounds wack and crazy. But try only focusing on this for years
Why on earth would anyone with any regard for their own sanity focus on such obvious nonsense at all, let alone for years?

Quote:
Im telling you that if you think about it for too long you will have dreams about it.
Then stop thinking about it. You have become unhealthily obsessed, and it's turned you a little cuckoo. Think about something else, get out more, get a hobby, get a kitten ...
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:25 AM   #115
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The New Saxon post is my work. I beleive in Aryan. Proud Walshmen. This is not copyright material.

Are you trying to get someone to Godwin your thread?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:26 AM   #116
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

I firmly beleive that Harry will be becuase of what Nostradamus has written.
Harry will demand the throne from his father. Which his father will have recommended. But the Queen will have disputed with him before her death about it.

Thats all I can say about it...
You don't see that this is contradictory?

Old 3rd October 2010, 03:28 AM   #117
Rwalsh
Banned

You don't see that this is contradictory?
I never said William would be-
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:29 AM   #118
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Are you trying to get someone to Godwin your thread?
No, I recieved copyright infraction, although- The man who googled or other search/ my research posted it from my Newsaxon profile.Without knowingly posted it as copyright when I am the man who wrote it, hence therefore is not copyright if I wrote it.
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:31 AM   #119
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I never said William would be-
-would be what?
Old 3rd October 2010, 03:33 AM   #120
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
-would be what?
Would be the heir to the throne after the death of the existing heir Charles.

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal