JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags nostradamus

Old 6th October 2010, 11:58 AM   #321
Apology
Reader's of the Boden Codex

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
Damn you, Pharaoh. It's been just long enough since I last ventured into that web of silliness that I've forgotten some of the finer moments, so now I must read it again.

The things that strike me about that thread are how patient everyone was and what brilliant mathematicians we have on this board (not me). It never would have occurred to me to attack George's claim on a mathematical level, and by page 5 they had figured out the fatal mathematical flaw in George's code.
"When I began to talk with him, I could not help thinking that he was not really wise, although he was thought wise by many, and wiser still by himself; and I went and tried to explain to him that he thought himself wise, but was not really wise; and the consequence was that he hated me, and his enmity was shared by several who were present and heard me." - Plato, Apology
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2010, 06:19 PM   #322
shandyjan
Master Poster

I wasnt around, I never saw that thread. And there isnt an epic I'm into at the moment so..... see what you did? No cookies from me!
Old 6th October 2010, 07:44 PM   #323
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Imagine if George had embraced Nostradumbass as well as the Corn Gods and incorporated the quatrains into his . . . whatever it is.

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2010, 10:18 PM   #324
I Am He
Critical Thinker

If Rwelsh didn't leave I was going to suggest to him that he should seek out some professional advice. He did say that he sees and talks to the dead so called seer in his dreams and all he seems to do with his time is interpret a dead guys scribbling.

I Am he
Old 7th October 2010, 01:59 PM   #325
Apology

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
Imagine if George had embraced Nostradumbass as well as the Corn Gods and incorporated the quatrains into his . . . whatever it is.
I miss our ol' Lobster...Cuddly as a bucket of broken glass, he was
"When I began to talk with him, I could not help thinking that he was not really wise, although he was thought wise by many, and wiser still by himself; and I went and tried to explain to him that he thought himself wise, but was not really wise; and the consequence was that he hated me, and his enmity was shared by several who were present and heard me." - Plato, Apology
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 03:22 AM   #326
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante

Originally Posted by I Am He View Post
If Rwelsh didn't leave I was going to suggest to him that he should seek out some professional advice.
Well, I'm not sure he's actually left (yet); he is on an enforced 3-day break.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 05:29 AM   #327
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by bookitty View Post
36 is the age that Marylin Monroe died. She was "perpetually dazzling" as well. This is obviously about her.
And Ada Lovelace. In fact, it was a common age for women to die in childbirth.

In those days, if a woman got pregnant after the age of forty, it was almost always a death sentence.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 05:43 AM   #328
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by RobDegraves View Post
I would bet that I could take the Simpsons and use that to predict most major events, past, present or future. I believe there are a number of sites who claim that the Simpsons predicted 9/11, Prophetic... or something more sinister?
Queen Elizabeth: "That Ralph Wiggum reminds me of my boy!"

Prince Charles: "Mum, my cat's breath smells like cat food."

They BOTH predicted this!

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 06:28 AM   #329
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
But whatever you do recognise this: knowledge does not come easy: it does not fall into your head from the sky or from dreams: it takes effort and it is worth effort. There are generations of really smart people who went before you whatever you try to learn: it is very unlikely you are going to come up with anything really original: and the more you learn the more you realise that: and those bastards said that too But you can spend a lifetime in the pursuit and you will lose nothing.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."

Old 8th October 2010, 09:58 PM   #330
Rwalsh
Banned

Century 1 Quatrain 42

The tenth day of the April Calends, calculated in Gothic fashion
is revived again by wicked people.
The fire is put out and the diabolic gathering
seek the bones of the demon of Psellus.

Michael Psellos (left) with his student, Byzantine Emperor, Michael VII Doukas. Byzantine emperor from 1071 to 1078.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_VII_Doukas

Although still advised by Michael Psellos and John Doukas, Michael VII became increasingly reliant on his finance minister Nikephoritzes. The emperor's chief interests, shaped by Psellos, were in academic pursuits, and he allowed Nikephoritzes to increase both taxation and luxury spending without properly financing the army.

The underpaid army tended to mutiny

Its says clearly that The emperor's chief interests, shaped by Psellos.

In other Words, Psellos was really the consecutive of the Emperors ruling, Through Psellos- He played the pivotal outcome of its kingdom.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 10:27 PM   #331
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante

Originally Posted by Rwalsh View Post
Century 1 Quatrain 42

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1..._6037478_n.jpg

Michael Psellos (left) with his student, Byzantine Emperor, Michael VII Doukas. Byzantine emperor from 1071 to 1078.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_VII_Doukas

Although still advised by Michael Psellos and John Doukas, Michael VII became increasingly reliant on his finance minister Nikephoritzes. The emperor's chief interests, shaped by Psellos, were in academic pursuits, and he allowed Nikephoritzes to increase both taxation and luxury spending without properly financing the army.

In other Words, Psellos was really the consecutive of the Emperors ruling, Through Psellos- He played the pivotal outcome of its kingdom.
Sorry, run that by me again. What do you see as being the 'hits' in that prophecy? All I can see is that the name nearly matches. Where do the bones of the demon, or the tenth day of the April Calends, come in? This is like that Hitler/Hister thing, isn't it, grasping at straws.

ETA: And of course, looking at the dates, it's not even a prophecy. Have I got this backwards, that you're actually showing that these prophecies are such nonsense that Nostradamus couldn't even predict the past?

Last edited by zooterkin; 8th October 2010 at 10:30 PM.
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 11:12 PM   #332
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Century 1 Quatrain 42

Where is this date mentioned in your fanciful decipherment below and what the hell is a "Gothic fashion" calendar?

What wicked people would these be? The Byzantines? They weren't so bad.

What fire? What diabolic gathering?

This is clearly the line on which your decipherment has focussed solely, it appears, on you having been able to dredge through the annals of history to come up with a similar-sounding name.

However, the Michael Psellos whom you claim as the star of this quatrain was a historian, philosopher and advisor to emperors - certainly no demon.

And his bones are most likely hidden forever in an anonymous and unmarked monk's grave, given that he likely ended his days in a monastry after retiring from a long and successful carreer in the Byzantine court.

Let's gve the last word to Archbishop Theophylaktos of Bulgaria who wrote a letter to Psellos's brother comforting him on the death of Michael saying that, "Your brother has not died, but has departed to God released of both a painful life and disease."

Some demon.

Irrelevant nonsense.

Even if this poorly-worded bit of dross was true, what realationship are you claiming it has with the quatrain above?

And finally, as zooterkin points out, Michael Psellos was born in 1017 or 1018 and died in 1096, while Nostradumbarse wrote The Prophecies during the 1550s, so even if your quatrain is talking about the same dude, it represents nothing more than a failed postdiction.

Last edited by Akhenaten; 8th October 2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typo
Akhenaten is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2010, 11:54 PM   #333
Mojo
Mostly harmless

As I said above, what people would find impressive would be if you could "decipher" some of Nostradamus's writings so as to successfully predict a future event rather than torture them into fitting something that has already happened.

If you're going to suggest that Nostradamus had the ability to write about events that had already happened I doubt that anyone will disagree with you. After all, this is hardly an unusual ability.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 12:05 AM   #334
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

If you're going to suggest that Nostradamus had the ability to write about events that had already happened I doubt that anyone will disagree with you. After all, this is hardly an unusual ability.
Ah, yes, but how many people can do it and not get a single fact right? It's an uncanny ability...

Last edited by zooterkin; 9th October 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:25 AM   #335
Craig4
Philosopher

Rwalsh,

I'm going to make this easy for you. Is there any event that Nostradamus predicted where someone was able to warn of the event before it happened? I'm not talking about something happens, you go back read a bit and then say Nostradamus predicted that. Did he say there would be an earthquake on a certain day and it happened? Anything like that?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 02:37 AM   #336
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Rwalsh,

I'm going to make this easy for you. Is there any event that Nostradamus predicted where someone was able to warn of the event before it happened? I'm not talking about something happens, you go back read a bit and then say Nostradamus predicted that. Did he say there would be an earthquake on a certain day and it happened? Anything like that?
Yes. One of them did occur... Since then I have not been able to Locate anything else in particular. Earthquake that happen in 2008. Other than that, Ive not been given anything else. Hence why... Im starting at Century I.. and not Century X.

So in this Im trying to find anything that may relate to the future again.

Nostradamus wrote things in his work that involves both past present and future-
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 02:53 AM   #337
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Why use one word when 50 will do?
Originally Posted by rwalsh View Post
Originally Posted by craig4 View Post
rwalsh,

i'm going to make this easy for you. Is there any event that nostradamus predicted where someone was able to warn of the event before it happened? I'm not talking about something happens, you go back read a bit and then say nostradamus predicted that. Did he say there would be an earthquake on a certain day and it happened? Anything like that?

yes. One of them did occur... Since then i have not been able to locate anything else in particular. Earthquake that happen in 2008. Other than that, ive not been given anything else. Hence why... Im starting at century i.. And not century x.

So in this im trying to find anything that may relate to the future again.

Nostradamus wrote things in his work that involves both past present and future-

No.

FTFY

Old 9th October 2010, 03:29 AM   #338
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by akhenaten View Post
why use one word when 50 will do?

ftfy
ftfy?
Old 9th October 2010, 03:38 AM   #339
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Fixed That For You.
Old 9th October 2010, 03:38 AM   #340
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

ftfy?

Yes, I did.

Old 9th October 2010, 03:49 AM   #341
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Earthquake that happen in 2008.
Was the quatrain determined to predict that before 2008, or after it?
Jadey (in RvB game thread): I just want to take a moment to commend Arth on his role as Parasitic Alien Tumor. I think he really connected with the character and there were times when I forgot that he was just acting. That's the kind of talent that you can't teach.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 04:32 AM   #342
dafydd
Banned

Yes. One of them did occur... Since then I have not been able to Locate anything else in particular. Earthquake that happen in 2008. Other than that, Ive not been given anything else. Hence why... Im starting at Century I.. and not Century X.

The answer was no?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 04:59 AM   #343
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Yes. One of them did occur... Since then I have not been able to Locate anything else in particular. Earthquake that happen in 2008.

This is 2010. Saying that something happened in 2008 is not a prediction.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 08:17 AM   #344
Craig4
Philosopher

So, was the quatraine "deciphered" (I gagged as I typed the word) before or after the earthquake?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 12:26 PM   #345
bookitty
Philosopher

What is it that you hope to get out of all of this? To be the man who, finally! after 450 years! cracked the code of Nostradamus!

And what then?
Old 9th October 2010, 02:55 PM   #346
desertgal
Illuminator

To be the man who, finally! after 450 years! cracked the code of Nostradamus!
Does that come with fries?
Old 9th October 2010, 03:42 PM   #347
bookitty
Philosopher

Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
Does that come with fries?
I dunno, but if Apology comes up with a quatrain to prove that it does, I shall explode from teh win.
Old 9th October 2010, 06:18 PM   #348
Apology

I dunno, but if Apology comes up with a quatrain to prove that it does, I shall explode from teh win.
I'm afraid that fries do not come with that...No fries for anyone, unless the fries are made out of wood

Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Century 1, Quatrain 67
La grande famine que je sens approcher,
Souvent tourner puis estre universelle:
Si grand & long qu'un viendra arracher,
Du bois racine & l'enfant de mamelle.
and the translation:

Originally Posted by Google Translate
The great famine which I sense approaching
Often turn then become world
So great and long lasting that will grab,
Wood & Root child from the breast.
So you see, the soap opera As The World Turns will cause a great, long-lasting famine, and all the fries will be gobbled up by famished viewers, who will resort to grabbing children up from their roots and eating them too.

Wait a minute! As The World Turns was cancelled due to poor ratings, and the last episode aired on Sept. 17, 2010, so I guess this is one of those predictions of Nostradamus' that can never come true now! D'oh

Oh wait, if Nostradamus is wrong...and the famine isn't coming....that means fries for everybody! YAAAY!
Old 9th October 2010, 07:14 PM   #349
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Was the quatrain determined to predict that before 2008, or after it?
Before Infact. It was a quatrain I was obsessed about for 2 years prior to the event occurring.. The message seemed very important at the time. Concidering in the quatrain it had stated "Millennial Age" which is of course.. our time.

Bookitty.. I didn't get involved with Nostradamus works out of personal keen interest. Infact, I hate reading books! I stumbled upon it in a library (Not that I goto libraries alot, but I was homeless at the time during the winter) was young.. 20years,.

on the back of this book it was written that, 500 years in our millennium the deciphered would arrive. This was on the back of the book... Then I thought to myself- well ive always felt I had a strong connection with prophesying myself. I never took Nostradamus serious before- I was a Skeptic just like you... As soon as I opened the book and began to read- The writings set off something in me that ive yerned for, the words I love reading... intrigues me. I always felt that there was someone soo much wiser out there who was suppose to teach me the ways, and call me a Son.

I call him my spiritual father.

And if its true that Nostradamus drew the Lost books image, He also depicts the man in the middle descriptively. To the right- The spiritual hand Holding the Scroll, The Quatrains- Or the message to the decipher- And perhaps the man to the left with the crown Is the younger Nostradamus looking proud over the one who prophicises.

Black haired man, Likes to wear black hoodies- likes to decipher Nostradamus.

I find that In Cesars Portrait of Nostradamus, there are some flaws in this painting.. I should probably render a better one of him, just a few technicals that can be approved on. thats all.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 9th October 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 9th October 2010, 07:19 PM   #350
bookitty
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Apology View Post
I'm afraid that fries do not come with that...No fries for anyone, unless the fries are made out of wood

and the translation:

So you see, the soap opera As The World Turns will cause a great, long-lasting famine, and all the fries will be gobbled up by famished viewers, who will resort to grabbing children up from their roots and eating them too.

Wait a minute! As The World Turns was cancelled due to poor ratings, and the last episode aired on Sept. 17, 2010, so I guess this is one of those predictions of Nostradamus' that can never come true now! D'oh

Oh wait, if Nostradamus is wrong...and the famine isn't coming....that means fries for everybody! YAAAY!
Can't respond, cleaning brain bits from the monitor.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:12 PM   #351
bookitty
Philosopher

Black haired man, Likes to wear black hoodies- likes to decipher Nostradamus.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...adamus_9-1.jpg

Oh my gosh! You're right! We must get Justin Bieber on this immediately!
Old 9th October 2010, 10:41 PM   #352
Apology

Oh my gosh! You're right! We must get Justin Bieber on this immediately!
Uh oh, I'm afraid that Nostradamus has bad news for Justin Bieber as well...

Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Century IV, Quatrain 46
Un juste sera en exile renvoye
par pestilence aux confins de Nonseggle
response au rouge le fera desvoye,
Roi retirant a la Rane & a l'aigle.
and the translation:

Originally Posted by Google Translate
A fair will be returned exile
by pestilence to the confines of "Nonseggle
response to red will Desvoy,
King withdrawing to the Frog & the eagle.
You see, Justin Bieber (a.k.a. Un Juste---I mean, can there be more than one?!? I think not, I mean, he is THE Justin!) will be returned to exile from his pesky fans. He will return to "Nonseggle" which is an anagram of "Neverland" written by Nostradamus to throw Justin's pestilent followers off his track. The "response to Red Will Desvoy" is a secret letter that Justin will write to his lawyer (nobody but Nostradamus knows that Mr. Desvoy plays the character "Red Will" on World of Warcraft---ssssshh) to let him know that he's left Neverland (probably because Michael Jackson wasn't home) and is now hiding out with Elvis (the "King", of course, again, can there be more than one?) and the two of them are now at a pub in Scotland called "The Frog and Eagle", waiting for Michael Jackson to join them. So, you see, Justin Bieber isn't going to be available to do any Nostradamus interpretations, which is rather inconvenient for Rwalsh, don't you think?
Old 9th October 2010, 11:18 PM   #353
Rwalsh
Banned

Century X

The year of the great seventh number accomplished, It will appear at the time of the games of slaughter: Not far from the great millennial age, When the buried will go out from their tombs.

At the time... My decipher of this quatrain was very set on the China Olympic games Held in 2008.

The Seventh number Accomplished from not far from the Great Millenial age of 2000 means... that that 2007 accomplished meaning 2008. The Games of Slaughter is conveyed in such a manner that a month before the olympic games.. A earthquake in China 69,197 are confirmed dead, including 68,636 in Sichuan province, and 374,176 injured, with 18,222 listed as missing.[7] The earthquake left about 4.8 million people homeless,[15] though the number could be as high as 11 million..
about $146.5 billion over the next three years to rebuild areas ravaged by the earthquake.

If only the Chinese Government would put in 146 billion restructuring the peoples homes against earthquakes, you can save billions of dollars in the long run and the unfortunate death of innocent victims.

So greed- isnt always the best thing in politics obviously.

So being Buried, and crushed to Death. Like Nostradamus Predicted! Shouldn't be let go lightly.

Only I was wrong on one Calculation........ I thought that perhaps the stadium would have maybe collapsed crushing and burying the people rather than of natural causes. Either way- You were one month away from the Olympic games. By 1 month.

This all happen to prove my legitimate reason to beleive in Nostradamus work and to fully carryout what is essential into understanding why.

Sichuan earthquake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Sichuan_earthquake

This Quatrain alone is the only hard Evidence of my deciphering... Other than grasping and understanding the quatrains through literal study and observations- like gathering the relative facts of places and names..

So really Did I predict this Event?? Not entirely, but I was close as to understanding. by 1 month.

Perhaps what he was trying to say was Not far from the great- or perhaps.. Not far from the games. The Olympic China games which they would hold a month after the earthquake

A MELLENIUM ONLY HAPPENS EVERY THOUSAND YEARS. So when Someone like Nostradamus Talks about MELLENIUM. You know Something Is going Down- I damm well knew something big was going to happen and that people were going to get Crushed to death. Alot of People.
Im to blame for not being Smarter- of being A complete failure. I should be 10 times smarter and successful, way more successful. But Im not- Im a failure

IM Pathetic. Ive changed. my whole outlook is miserable. Up to a few months ago- I joined some Racist website-

So- Let the skepticism Begin, Im getting use to you Peoples mockings

We live in the Shadow of the Valley of Death. You know what that means dont you? Well I dont know what It means but if I had to guess what It means, We Shadow death- The Valley is the people And All its living things

Last edited by Rwalsh; 9th October 2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:33 PM   #354
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Century X

The year of the great seventh number accomplished, It will appear at the time of the games of slaughter: Not far from the great millennial age, When the buried will go out from their tombs.

At the time... My decipher of this quatrain was very set on the China Olympic games Held in 2008.

The Seventh number Accomplished from not far from the Great Millenial age of 2000 means... that that 2007 accomplished meaning 2008. The Games of Slaughter is conveyed in such a manner that a month before the olympic games.. A earthquake in China 69,197 are confirmed dead, including 68,636 in Sichuan province, and 374,176 injured, with 18,222 listed as missing.[7] The earthquake left about 4.8 million people homeless,[15] though the number could be as high as 11 million..
about $146.5 billion over the next three years to rebuild areas ravaged by the earthquake.

<snip>

Apart from the fact that this is gibberish, if you're going to just copy/paste stuff from somewhere else you might at least remove the footnote references so it looks like it's original gibberish.

Old 9th October 2010, 11:56 PM   #355
fromdownunder
Illuminator

The Seventh number Accomplished from not far from the Great Millenial age of 2000 means... that that 2007 accomplished meaning 2008. The Games of Slaughter is conveyed in such a manner that a month before the olympic games.
Why? The Munich Olympics could be far more recognised as the "Games of Slaughter" than the games held in China.

Quote:
g Buried, and crushed to Death. Like Nostradamus Predicted! Shouldn't be let go lightly.
Actually, "then the buried will go out from their tombs." means that people will be released from their tombs, and not entombed. So, congratulations. You got it exactly backwards - and why am I not surprised. Or is this just another useless example of you interpreting Nosti after the event.

Quote:
This Quatrain alone is the only hard Evidence of my deciphering... Other than grasping and understanding the quatrains through literal study and observations- like gathering the relative facts of places and names.
So provide some evidence that you did this BEFORE the Olympics of 2008 and did not make it up since that time - not that this is evidence that the quatrain remotely resembles what you believe it would be, but at least some evidence that you are not retrofitting.

Quote:
So really Did I predict this Event?? Not entirely, but I was close as to understanding. by 1 month.
No. you were not close, and you have provided no evidence at all that you predicted this event before the 2008 Olympics. In fact I could quite easily retrofit this into the 1972 Munich Olympic games, where there was a real massacre, than you can relate it to 2008.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 9th October 2010 at 11:58 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2010, 11:58 PM   #356
Rwalsh
Banned

The Jokes and Mocking End here. What Part are you people having a hard time Grasping

Nostradamus May have not Predicted EVERYTHINHG. But he Certainly knew ALOT.

Not all of his Writings like Stated in the PREFACE THAT HE WROTE, DEALS WITH CURRENT OR FUTURE EVENTS.
Old 10th October 2010, 12:00 AM   #357
Sean84
Muse

Century X

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,
Sounds like Revelations. Pure gibberish.

It will appear at the time of the games of slaughter:
It? What it? Who said anything about an it? What's an it? Screw it, I'm thoroughly intrigued. I will pay any price for an it. I don't have much money, do you accept interesting trades?

Oh, and how many people died while participating in the Olympic games?

Not far from the great millennial age,
Which calendar? Guess what... An infinite number of millennial ages came and went while I typed this.

When the buried will go out from their tombs.
Show me the zombies. Can't? Fail.

*snipped the rest since:*
This Quatrain alone is the only hard Evidence of my deciphering...
*more snippage*
Sean84 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 12:00 AM   #358
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Why? The Munich Olympics could be far more recognised as the "Games of Slaughter" than the games held in China.

Actually, "then the buried will go out from their tombs." means that people will be released from their tombs, and not entombed. So, congratulations. You got it exactly backwards - and why am I not surprised. Or is this just another useless example of you interpreting Nosti after the event.

So provide some evicence that you did this BEFORE the Olympics of 2008 and did not make it up since that time - not that this is evidence that the quatrain remotely resembles what you believe it would be, but at least some evidence that you are not retrofitting.

No. you were not close, and you have provided no evidence at all that you predicted this event before the 2008 Olympics. In fact I could quite easily retrofit this into the 1972 Munich Olympic games, where there was a real massacre, than you can relate it to 2008.

Norm
Were they Crushed to death? Carried out of there Tombs?? You know what a Tomb is right??? Tomb is a burial Chamber.

A THOUSAND YEARS IS A MELLENIUM! IT HAPPENS IN THE MELLENIUUUUMMMM

THE GREAT MELLENIAL AGE IS 2000

Were talking about Nostradamus period of 1500's here.. When He speaks of the Mellenium you know it means the year 2000 and onward-

You Skeptics sure are Bold., Even when you are Proven Highly Wrong your still think you are 100 percent right without even being open free-thinkers to any new ideas other than your own.

HECK I COULD HAVE EVEN DREW PICTURES OF THE POOR CHINA PEOPLE BEING CRUSHED TO DEATH BEFORE IT EVER HAPPENING

YA THIS IS MY PAINTING

YA I DO ONE EVERY DAY OR SO

Last edited by Rwalsh; 10th October 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10th October 2010, 12:14 AM   #359
fromdownunder
Illuminator

Were they Crushed to death? Carried out of there Tombs?? You know what a Tomb is right??? Tomb is a burial Chamber.
uuummm, you do understand the meaning of "Carried out of there Tombs". It is the opposite of being entombed, which is what happened to the victims of this (and other earthquakes. OUT is not the same word as IN. It is actually ther opposite.

Quote:
A THOUSAND YEARS IS A MELLENIUM! IT HAPPENS IN THE MELLENIUUUUMMMM

THE GREAT MELLENIAL AGE IS 2000
Given that you cannot even spell Millennium but I will let that go, the original definition was "the thousand years of the kingdom of Christ on earth "

I agree that this has changed, and people now define it as something else, but how was a man made year "2,000" invented by a vertically challenged Monk who got his sums wrong 1,500 years ago, and was not even in general use when Nosti wrote stuff relevant to anything?

2,000 years since what? And don't say the birth of Jesus, you will only embarass yourself further.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 10th October 2010 at 12:18 AM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2010, 12:19 AM   #360
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Given that you cannot even spell Millennium but I will let that go, the original definition was "the thousand years of the kingdom of Christ on earth "

I agree that this has changed, and people now define it as something else, but how was a man made year "2,000" invented by a vertically challenged Monk who got his sums wrong 1,500 years ago, and was not even in general use when Nosti wrote stuff relevant to anything?

2,000 years since what? And don't say the birth of Jesus, you will only embarass yourself further.

Norm
What are you talking about? Your going on the Desciptions that the Christians made up of the return of jesus? Ya I also heard when Jesus returns to earth, he is a theif and a Homeless Bum

The Year 2000 is the Millennial AGE HELLO? Its not the year 1000 is it? NO its the year 2000. The Same year- Millennium that Nostradamus writes a bunch of times pertaining to OUR FUTURE.

I wish, For me right now to be right in front of you so you could hear the exact raging words from my mouth. But ITS NO USE- I WANT TO CALL ALL OF YOU SO MANY VULGAR NAMES- that Im willing to remain silent as to putting these on Paper.

ITS OBVIOUSLY A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME, Speaking to the WEAK SENSE Like nostradamus has warned me about- speaking to Them- to you

And I dont care if your name is Norm or Jack, Or Dick. I dont see why you have to post your name everytime you make a comment./ its IRRELIVANT

Dont Expect from me to reply Here AFTER- I shall post, anew tomorrow.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 10th October 2010 at 12:24 AM.

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal