JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags consciousness

Old 26th November 2010, 06:42 PM   #161
Fnord
Metasyntactic Variable

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Why don't you ever answer questions? Do you want a dialogue or are you just trolling?
There seem to be no trolls in Romania, only creatures called, "Revenir" -- "Those who return" -- similar to "Revenant", which is a mythical creature that comes back after death to seek revenge. This is somewhat applicable, since this thread seems to keep coming back to life long after this thread's effective death -- that point in time when it became obvious that the OP was more interested in selling his worthless books than in being informative.
Belief itself proves nothing.
Fnord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 02:08 AM   #162
alfa1
Banned

Fnord = Revenge?- you are right about Romania.
I am looking to go somewhere else...

Last edited by alfa1; 27th November 2010 at 02:30 AM.
alfa1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 05:53 AM   #163
Craig4
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
After death job: look for chakras!

Have Fun!
Alfa1 I have some bad news for you. The Nihilists are right your life has no external meaning. You (and the rest of us) simply exist. There is no point in wasting two of the precious few years you have to exist on this nonsense. The answer to the question of who am I (which is really the same question as why am I here) is something you're just going to have to sort out on your own. You do this by deciding for yourself what gives your life meaning. There is no religion of belief in myth (like chakras) that's going to answer that for you. You're wasting your life and what's sad about that is that it's the only life you get.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 06:12 AM   #164
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

After death job: look for chakras!

Have Fun!
And the evidence?
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 07:10 AM   #165
alfa1
Banned

My answer is in my books.
If you do not like my books buy this book:

Dalai Lama and the scientists
To understand how important is my wave function: Dalai Lama with a lot of physicists are trying hard to link spirituality with science without success

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_di...asp?IID=279631
alfa1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 07:28 AM   #166
dlorde
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
... according to his Curriculum Vitae, he has been unemployed since 2005. I wonder why?
On his web site, he says:
Quote:
Professor, Augustin Maior College, Cluj Napoca, Romania 2006 - 2010
Electronic Devices, Circuits and Systems, Signal Analysis, Electromagnetic theory
That's the Augustin Maior Vocational College of Technology & Communication. He has a masters in electrical engineering...

On the web site there is also a very amusing page of self-quotations
dlorde is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 07:51 AM   #167
Fnord
Metasyntactic Variable

I am also an electrical engineer. His "formula" makes no sense. Instead of offering evidence for the existence of chakrae and the rest of his esoteric nonsense, he tries to sell his books.

Woo.
Fnord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 07:57 AM   #168
Mahaha
Scholar

Ah ah, yes, I read it: he wrote a page only of self quotes!!!!!
Ego and prospective don't go in the same sentence with this guy...
Mahaha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 08:45 AM   #169
dafydd
Banned

Dalai Lama and the scientists
To understand how important is my wave function: Dalai Lama with a lot of physicists are trying hard to link spirituality with science without success

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_di...asp?IID=279631
Yes,the Dalai Lama is a world expert on quantum physics.You will not sell any of your ridiculous books here.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 09:56 AM   #170
alfa1
Banned

In my CV:

No job between 2001 and 2005 not a good time in Toronto after I came from USA(Boston not Alabama) I could not find a job. In that time I developed my Evolution theory:

I am the first in the world who calculated: 98% of people are at animal level(maybe that is why I did not find a job).
Old 27th November 2010, 10:00 AM   #171
Craig4
Philosopher

In my CV:

No job between 2001 and 2005 not a good time in Toronto after I came from USA(Boston not Alabama) I could not find a job. In that time I developed my Evolution theory:

I am the first in the world who calculated: 98% of people are at animal level(maybe that is why I did not find a job).
Well that is possible. Not many employers want to hear that they are at animal levels.

Seriously though your problem is that you have settled for a false enlightenment purchased to cheaply. To really get the kind of understanding you want takes years of disciplined study and research. You've simply cobbled together silly "wisdom of the ancients" nonsense and settled for a bad copy of understanding. You don't have the understanding you think you do.

Or it's possible you don't care about that and you're just shilling a really awful book.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 10:09 AM   #172
alfa1
Banned

"Obama represents the Americans(rich and poor) at animal level, Merkel represents the Germans at animal level, Sarkozy represents the French at animal level…."

Adrian Ferent

The USA ambassador said last week in Romania: the politicians have a special DNA that is why they do not say ‘the whole truth’.
I calculated the majority are at animal level, the politicians are elected by people at animal level.
That is why Obama represents the Americans(rich and poor) at animal level, Merkel represents the Germans at animal level, Sarkozy represents the French at animal level….
Here we are as Apes after 200000 years of Evolution.
From

Last edited by kmortis; 27th November 2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Added link to external source
Old 27th November 2010, 10:30 AM   #173
dafydd
Banned

"Obama represents the Americans(rich and poor) at animal level, Merkel represents the Germans at animal level, Sarkozy represents the French at animal level…."

Adrian Ferent

The USA ambassador said last week in Romania: the politicians have a special DNA that is why they do not say ‘the whole truth’.
I calculated the majority are at animal level, the politicians are elected by people at animal level.
That is why Obama represents the Americans(rich and poor) at animal level, Merkel represents the Germans at animal level, Sarkozy represents the French at animal level….
Goodbye,and give my regards to the other inmates in the asylum.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 10:54 AM   #174
alfa1
Banned

“Darwin developed his Evolution theory on animals, I developed my Evolution theory on people” Adrian Ferent
Old 27th November 2010, 11:43 AM   #175
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

“Darwin developed his Evolution theory on animals, I developed my Evolution theory on people” Adrian Ferent
So we can add Darwin and evolution to the lengthy list of things Adrian Ferent doesn't understand.
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 01:51 PM   #176
malbui
Beauf

Originally Posted by quarky View Post
I farted and burped simultaneously. For all i know, I am the first.
If you think its irrelevant, or easy, try to do it.
You can read about the experience on my blog, or buy the book and the t-shirt.

My ego swells with every moment I revel in this achievement, yet I remain humble and accessible.

How cool is that?
A few years ago I was struck by an astonishingly violent bout of food poisoning. At one point in the middle of the night I was perched on the throne with stuff coming out front and back down below, while I was also twisting around and being copiously sick into the shower. This was so vigorous an exertion that my eyes were streaming and my nose was running in sympathy. All I needed was for my ears to bleed to have the whole set of emissions from orifices .
Old 27th November 2010, 01:51 PM   #177
quarky
Banned

Chakras become evident when you believe in them, and look for them, same like monsters under a kid's bed.
quarky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 02:28 PM   #178
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Originally Posted by quarky View Post
Chakras become evident when you believe in them, and look for them, same like monsters under a kid's bed.
I scared that there might be chakras under my bed.
Old 27th November 2010, 02:52 PM   #179
Weak Kitten
Graduate Poster

Ok, let's reign this in a bit.

alfa1, we are not interested in buying your book. This forum is an optional class, you do not get to assign homework or additional reading until you have given us something interesting enough to justify such action.

So, let's start simple. Many people have very different views of what a chakra is and what it does. Could you please give us your definition of chakras in 100 words or less?
Weak Kitten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 03:12 PM   #180
Craig4
Philosopher

Your little idea is not even remotely similar to Darwin's Theory of Evolution. You're not even close to having a theory yet. Let's try to keep a sense of perspective shall we.
Old 27th November 2010, 03:29 PM   #181
cornsail
Illuminator

"Born Cubed I defy God of ONE, for I have a Yes and No mentality necessary for cubed intelligence no Cyclopic educator can allow. Obama must resign or Doomsday,for only Light can rule over Earth. No ONEistic god possesses Cubed Wisdom."

Dr. Gene Ray, Cubic and Wisest Human
cornsail is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 03:46 PM   #182
Zanders
Muse

Not easy to understand the chakras.
How I did more than 20 years ago:I read 3 acupuncture books; start with the acupuncture and maybe in one day you will understand the chakras.
I said direct me to the book that presents scientific proof.

Last edited by Zanders; 27th November 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Zanders is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 04:08 PM   #183
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

If you can't write your ideas here in short and clear form, my guess is you don't know what you actually think.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2010, 04:09 PM   #184
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

In my CV:

100% of people are animals.
Old 27th November 2010, 04:16 PM   #185
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Adrian Ferent

Vague, lacking meaning of any sort. You clearly don't think very well if at all. So I guess you are saying that Obama is biting on Merkel to get her to do what he wants.

Your ideas are idiotic and halfbaked, you could not define what 'animal' is to save your non-existant soul. And how Mr. Obama is just some visceral person shows you are shallow and muddled in your thinking.

And yes Mr silly man, humans are apes, duh.

Last edited by Dancing David; 27th November 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 27th November 2010, 04:34 PM   #186
Fnord
Metasyntactic Variable

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
If you can't write your ideas here in short and clear form, my guess is you don't know what you actually think.
Originally Posted by Dr. Albert Einstein
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Great minds really DO think alike!

I wonder if the OP really thinks that we're a bunch of gullible, ignorant fools, or if he just anjoys provoking abuse. Either way, he should stick to gypsy fortune-telling.
Old 28th November 2010, 02:42 AM   #187
alfa1
Banned

Einstein said during the WWI:
"I find it difficult to believe that I belong to such an idiotic, rotten species — the species that actually boasts of its freedom of will, heroism on command, senseless violence, and all of the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism."

Einstein did not calculate how many idiots, rotten people are...
I calculated: 98%
Old 28th November 2010, 03:03 AM   #188
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

"I find it difficult to believe that I belong to such an idiotic, rotten species — the species that actually boasts of its freedom of will, heroism on command, senseless violence, and all of the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism."

I think you forgot to carry the two. It's an easy mistake to make, I suspect you need to realign your maths chakra.
Old 28th November 2010, 03:14 AM   #189
Malachi Constant
New Blood

Could you share this calculation with us?

Or did you, maybe, make up this number?
Malachi Constant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 03:59 AM   #190
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi

nvidiot has a birthday
What is it with engineering and crazy?

No offense intended to the many fine engineers here on need, but do you find an excessive number of woo coming out of the field? It may be an illusion of some sort, but it seems that engineers more prone to nutbar ideas about physics and biology and religion...

Oh and any proof of chakras yet?
nvidiot is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 07:10 AM   #191
quarky
Banned

All these doubts suggest a blockage of the third chakra.
quarky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 07:24 AM   #192
Aitch

Luckily, I've just bought a new sink-plunger.

Now, bend over and think nice thoughts...
Aitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 07:31 AM   #193
Ron_Tomkins
Satan's Helper

I am the first in the world who wrote a link between science and spirituality.
The most important question: Who am I?
I found the answer:
I am a WAVE and the wave function is:
|ψ> = c1|Φ1> + c2|Φ2> + c3|Φ3> + c4|Φ4> + c5|Φ5> + c6|Φ6> + c7|Φ7>
are 7 states |Φi > because are 7 major chakras or energy centers.
Actually, no. You're not the first one to answer the question "who am I" using science.

Check out the quote in my signature.

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Ron_Tomkins; 28th November 2010 at 07:33 AM.
Ron_Tomkins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 07:52 AM   #194
Craig4
Philosopher

Really? And employers weren't beating down your door when you told them this? Shocking.
Old 28th November 2010, 08:52 AM   #195
Wrathernaut
Thinker

Aha!

It's Wonko The Sane!
Wrathernaut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 09:48 AM   #196
alfa1
Banned

Ron "I am a collection of water, calcium and organic molecules called Carl Sagan"

Carl Sagan

Any child knows it!!!
Old 28th November 2010, 10:10 AM   #197
Wrathernaut
Thinker

Ron "I am a collection of water, calcium and organic molecules called Carl Sagan"

Carl Sagan

Any child knows it!!!
I grew up believing I was made of snips, snails and puppy-dog tails.

Apparently, I'm really nothing but waves and chakras
Wrathernaut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 12:19 PM   #198
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

People "at animal level”, apparently.

So how many ‘levels’ does your “Evolution theory on people” have? Where do you place yourself in those ‘levels’?

I must say both you and your “Evolution theory on people” seem rather denigrating.
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 12:54 PM   #199
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
What is it with engineering and crazy?

No offense intended to the many fine engineers here on need, but do you find an excessive number of woo coming out of the field? It may be an illusion of some sort, but it seems that engineers more prone to nutbar ideas about physics and biology and religion...

Oh and any proof of chakras yet?
It’s all the stress and strain, elongated working hours and compressed schedules. Leading to a distortion under the applied loads and a Poisson distribution of crazy. So most engineers are only average crazy (for engineers that is), a few to the one end are practically sane (and often pass as such) and few to the other end are, well, I think ‘bat crap crazy’ is the technical engineering term.
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")

Last edited by The Man; 28th November 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: crap spelling
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2010, 01:39 PM   #200
alfa1
Banned

Everything is in my book Who am I?
I defined 7 levels...

Live the engineers alone they are not capable to do such things...

JREF Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy