JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 2nd March 2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Infoexcavator
Critical Thinker

Alex Jones going to network marketing.

I have been defending Alex Jones here a lot from ridiculous attacks, mostly the irrelevant issue of money, but when I saw this site I was truly horrified!

http://www.infowarsteam.com/

Alex Jones is starting to sell health products, he is teaming up with a pyramid scheme called Youngevity. Jones has been ranting how the banking system is a fraud, apparently he wants to try to make those big bucks too now...

The front page has a link to a "recorded stream" where they are buttering up Jones and trying to lure his listeners to join the pyramid.

Last edited by Infoexcavator; 2nd March 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Infoexcavator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:15 AM   #2
abaddon
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Infoexcavator View Post
I have been defending Alex Jones here a lot from ridiculous attacks, mostly the irrelevant issue of money, but when I saw this site I was truly horrified!

http://www.infowarsteam.com/

Alex Jones is starting to sell health products, he is teaming up with a pyramid scheme called Youngevity. Jones has been ranting how the banking system is a fraud, apparently he wants to try to make those big bucks too now...

The front page has a link to a "recorded stream" where they are buttering up Jones and trying to lure his listeners to join the pyramid.
A) Not surprising really, anything for a quick buck.

B) Will this cause you to re-assess your defending of AJ in any way?

c) Good grief, why would you defend him anyway?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Infoexcavator View Post
I have been defending Alex Jones here a lot from ridiculous attacks
Most of the "attacks" on Alex Jones have turned out to be true.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Infoexcavator
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
A) Not surprising really, anything for a quick buck.

B) Will this cause you to re-assess your defending of AJ in any way?

c) Good grief, why would you defend him anyway?
B) Maybe in this issue of money, he always sells his movies and stuff but they are also available for free. This is just to generate money.

C) I actually have listened to what he says quite a lot and most of the things here that people post are untrue. This makes me wonder about the experts on the other sections, are they as woefully wrong too? A great recent example was the thread falsely claiming that Alex Jones was promoting a theory about torsion fields from the pyramids causing demonstrations in Wisconsin, it was not true but no-one really cared to verify.

Last edited by Infoexcavator; 2nd March 2011 at 11:54 AM.
Infoexcavator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:04 PM   #5
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

A. Jones preaches so much crazy that the few sane things he preaches are sort of irrevelent.
B. I guess that Alex saw how much money Kevin Trudeau was making out of scam medicine, and decided to get in on the act.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:06 PM   #6
abaddon
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
A. Jones preaches so much crazy that the few sane things he preaches are sort of irrevelent.
B. I guess that Alex saw how much money Kevin Trudeau was making out of scam medicine, and decided to get in on the act.
Perhaps he saw an opportunity to get in at the top of the pyramid instead of being one of the "donors" at the bottom?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:04 PM   #7
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Perhaps he saw an opportunity to get in at the top of the pyramid instead of being one of the "donors" at the bottom?
A doubled barrelled scam: A pyramid scheme involving snake oil medicine. Nice going, Alex.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Ladewig
Hipster alien

My very favorite part:
Quote:
Youngevity's® Osteo fx Plus was formulated to support healthy bones and joints, Osteo fx Plus meets the U.S. daily requirements for people over age 50 with 1,200 mg of calcium, and contains the co-factors necessary to help your body better absorb and retain calcium.
Citing USDA recommendations! Well played Mr. Jones. They're part of the evil empire that is fluoridating water for mind-control purposes, but we can trust them when it comes to calcium intake.

And speaking of what is true and untrue, Infoexcavator, what is your opinion of Mr. Jones's repeated claims that fluoridation is part of a government mind-control regiment.

Also, are FEMA death camps around the corner?

Do chemtrails contain dangerous drugs?
Is the JREF message board training wheels for people who hope to one day troll other message boards? It is not that hard to get us to believe you. We are not the major leagues or even the minor leagues. We are Pee-Wee baseball. If you love striking out 10-year-olds, then you'll love trolling our board.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 06:46 PM   #9
zaphod2016
Graduate Poster

Bad form, Mr. Jones.

As usual, taking advantage of the naive and mentally ill.

10 demerits for you.
zaphod2016 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:42 PM   #10
Joey McGee
Transcendental Naturalist

There are better/cheaper versions of all of these products at my local health food store. In fact, if you wanted to get radically healthier than you are now, my local grocery store carries far better material.

Too bad there's no natural cure for getting it wrong over and over and over...
Joey McGee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:06 AM   #11
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Originally Posted by zaphod2016 View Post
Bad form, Mr. Jones.

As usual, taking advantage of the naive and mentally ill.

10 demerits for you.
Jim: What does a demerit mean?
Dwight: Let's put it this way: you do not want to receive three of those.
Jim: Lay it on me.
Dwight: Three demerits and you'll receive a citation.
Jim: Now that sounds serious.
Dwight: Oh, it is serious. Five citations and you're looking at a violation. Four of those and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt—in the form of a disciplinary review written up by me and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.
Jim: Which would be me.
Dwight: That is correct.
Jim: OK, I want a copy on my desk by the end of the day, or you will receive a full disagilation.
Dwight: What's a dis... what's that?
Jim: Oh, you don't wanna know.

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2011, 05:42 AM   #12
Macgyver1968
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JAStewart View Post
Jim: What does a demerit mean?
Dwight: Let's put it this way: you do not want to receive three of those.
Jim: Lay it on me.
Dwight: Three demerits and you'll receive a citation.
Jim: Now that sounds serious.
Dwight: Oh, it is serious. Five citations and you're looking at a violation. Four of those and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt—in the form of a disciplinary review written up by me and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.
Jim: Which would be me.
Dwight: That is correct.
Jim: OK, I want a copy on my desk by the end of the day, or you will receive a full disagilation.
Dwight: What's a dis... what's that?
Jim: Oh, you don't wanna know.
LOL!

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories