JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags obituaries , osama bin laden

Old 3rd May 2011, 07:01 AM   #361
SatansMaleVoiceChoir
Illuminator

Hello, soldier here.

I have been in the army for 20 years, and spent nearly 3 years with an SF Unit. I have never used any kind of sniper rifle, but have been trained to use an SMG, SLR, SA-80 rifle, 9mm Browning Pistol, 9mm Sig Sauer 229 pistol, GPMG, MP5, HK53, and Chieftain/Challenger 120mm Main armament. Regardless of range, weapon, or SF scenario the drill when engaging ANY target is "aim for the centre of the observed mass". NEVER have I seen ANY soldier trained/training in shooting weapons from a combatant's hand, or shooting to wound. NO 'sharpshooter' in the WORLD would attempt this during the chaos of a firefight; are we seriously expected to believe that everybody involved would stand perfectly still, not firing, while someone carefully aimed at a pistol at the weapon in OBL's unmoving hand then shot at it hoping to disarm him? REALLY?!

I would suggest a 'sharpshooter' would be lucky to hit a static beachball at 20m if they were subject to effective enemy fire from the same distance - never mind a dime - simply because nobody would be so bloody stupid as to stand there in those circumstances and sight in on something that relatively small. Absolute idiocy, and completely non-existent outside a Hollywood film.

Check this out:

http://mythbustersresults.com/unarmed-and-unharmed

I actually watched this episode, and of the six times (shown) that they tried to shoot a weapon from someone's hand (replicating the forces involved), the weapon was only dropped twice.

I would suggest luck plays a big part in any firefight, but only an absolute IDIOT with a death wish would choose to rely solely on it for success.

Do not believe hastily. - Ovid

There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it. - William James

Last edited by SatansMaleVoiceChoir; 3rd May 2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Spelling and structure.
SatansMaleVoiceChoir is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:18 AM   #362
ladmo
Muse

Originally Posted by SatansMaleVoiceChoir View Post
Hello, soldier here.

I have been in the army for 20 years, and spent nearly 3 years with an SF Unit. I have never used any kind of sniper rifle, but have been trained to use an SMG, SLR, SA-80 rifle, 9mm Browning Pistol, 9mm Sig Sauer 229 pistol, GPMG, MP5, HK53, and Chieftain/Challenger 120mm Main armament. Regardless of range, weapon, or SF scenario the drill when engaging ANY target is "aim for the centre of the observed mass". NEVER have I seen ANY soldier trained/training in shooting weapons from a combatant's hand, or shooting to wound. NO 'sharpshooter' in the WORLD would attempt this during the chaos of a firefight; are we seriously expected to believe that everybody involved would stand perfectly still, not firing, while someone carefully aimed at a pistol at the weapon in OBL's unmoving hand then shot at it hoping to disarm him? REALLY?!

I would suggest a 'sharpshooter' would be lucky to hit a static beachball at 20m if they were subject to effective enemy fire from the same distance - never mind a dime - simply because nobody would be so bloody stupid as to stand there in those circumstances and sight in on something that relatively small. Absolute idiocy, and completely non-existent outside a Hollywood film.

Check this out:

I actually watched this episode, and of the six times (shown) that they tried to shoot a weapon from someone's hand (replicating the forces involved), the weapon was only dropped twice.

I would suggest luck plays a big part in any firefight, but only an absolute IDIOT with a death wish would choose to rely solely on it for success.
Hollywood got it right in the movie "Firefly". One of the characters is Jayne, she takes out someone with a leg shot and her partner says "Nice leg shot"... Jayne reponds... "I was aiming for the head".

That sums up the confusion in a fire fight... one of the core competencies of special forces is the ability to adjust in a compressed timeframe. Your summation is excellent... thx
ladmo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:48 AM   #363
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Scott Jurgenson View Post
I just read this whole entire thread again and as skeptical I am on just about every CS known to man, this whole killing of Osama is starting to bother me. The very few people on this board that know me know that I don't have a spnspiracy bone in my body..................................

Anyway, I agree with the whole if you're getting shot at shoot back stuff, however, I really wish they took this guy alive. Truthers will not shut up now about how we killed Osama to cover up his knowlege of how our own Government was responsible for 911. I have been reading the yahoo story comments and it's hard to debunk these kids right now. Specially since they put the body out to Sea within 24 hours (yeah Islamic custom whatever, if the guy killed / murdered thousands of people, which I believe he did, I think an exception could have been made).

I have a few questions...

1.) Is this going to spawn a massive terrorist response? (ie bombings, threats)
2.) Does anyone else who considers themselves a skeptic on this board feel they should have kept the body (even knowing it would become a memorial to many radial islamic fundamentalists)
3.) Is his death going to solve or qwell any of these conspiracy theories regarding 911?
4.) Does anyone else who considers themselves a skeptic on this board feel there is more to this story than we are getting?
1. I don't think so. At least not in the west. Such massive rerror responses had been predicted on several occasions before, but didn't happen. AQ did not restrain itself lately just because we didn't kill OBL. However, some wild bombs will surely go off in Pakistan.
2. Yes, I think 10 hours till burial at sea was unnecessarily fast. Also, I read that Whabbism, the sect that Osama belonged to and that is state religion in Saudi Arabia, only knows incognito burial in earth, head facing Mecca. I can't see why they could not find him a secret site somewhere, inside the USA even. Yes, it would leak eventually... I'd take that risk.
3. As Trutherism feeds itself from everything and its opposite, that episode will add some whacko ideas. But I don't care
4. There's always more, especially with regards to the role of Pakistan, but I'd think not very much more.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:04 AM   #364
Scott Jurgenson
Critical Thinker

I absolutely love this message board and I am very grateful for the multitude of responses. Sometimes my mind wants to wander and we are all so used to getting an absolute resoultion with things that happen in our life mostly by what we see in the movies / media.

The movies show us something happening and keep us guessing throughout the entire film and then give us a solid resolution in the end. (Obviously there are some like Inception that keep us guessing, however, most give us a solid ending). I think this leads to people wanting to have a definitive resolution to this whole "saga" and many feel unfufilled that there is nothing circulating where people can see with their own eyes what happened. The Sadaam hanging was a good example, though released unofficially, it gave people a sigh of relief to say yeah he's gone, the world is a better place without him.

I would be very interested to see/hear more about what the poster "TruthersLIe" has spoken with the students.
Scott Jurgenson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:06 AM   #365
Scott Jurgenson
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by SatansMaleVoiceChoir View Post
Hello, soldier here.

Check this out:

This makes perfect sense. The whole "shoot to wound or disarm camp" needs to read this and watch that video. We all can sit and say we'd want to take out targets in an effective way to disarm/wound, but when bullets are flying over head, I doubt anyone on this board would do anyting other than shoot to kill / save your own life.
Scott Jurgenson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:49 AM   #366
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Originally Posted by ladmo View Post
I am with you on this... have been in communication with some of my business partners who are located in Northern Africa and backlash is beginning to swell. Not that they liked bin laden, in fact they disliked him intensely, but the rationale of "dumping" (their word) the body at sea. Apparently, it is considered desicration to bury a Muslim in this fashion. I yield to thier knowledge but I couldn't care less about bin laden and his feelings.
As per my students. You can bury a muslim at sea if there is no possibility of a "proper" burial within the time frame.

My students think his body should have been given to the pakistani PEOPLE, not the government. Their rationale is that many of the people of pakistan or afghanistan view him in the same light that brits viewed "robin hood."

Many of the students are under the false impression that the US just dropped the body over the ship to be ripped up by the propellers. When I went over what was in the newspapers (he had the proper rites, was washed, cleaned, wrapped in a white cloth and the proper prayer was said) they said it was ok. Many of them are filled with incredulity because they believe the US looked for him for 10 years and wouldn't give him the "honor" of a proper burial. They think the soldiers would have pissed on him, or worse yet, lit him on fire.
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:59 AM   #367
Wolrab
Master Poster

Hollywood got it right in the movie "Firefly". One of the characters is Jayne, she takes out someone with a leg shot and her partner says "Nice leg shot"... Jayne reponds... "I was aiming for the head".

That sums up the confusion in a fire fight... one of the core competencies of special forces is the ability to adjust in a compressed timeframe. Your summation is excellent... thx
Nit pick: Jayne is a man.
Wolrab is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:34 AM   #368
Furcifer
miscreant

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
Just like bullseying womp rats in my T-16 back home.
And here I've been callin em swamp rats.

It was Osama's actions that ensured he wasn't taken alive. It's as simple as that.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:34 AM   #369
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

I absolutely love this message board and I am very grateful for the multitude of responses. Sometimes my mind wants to wander and we are all so used to getting an absolute resoultion with things that happen in our life mostly by what we see in the movies / media.

The movies show us something happening and keep us guessing throughout the entire film and then give us a solid resolution in the end. (Obviously there are some like Inception that keep us guessing, however, most give us a solid ending). I think this leads to people wanting to have a definitive resolution to this whole "saga" and many feel unfufilled that there is nothing circulating where people can see with their own eyes what happened. The Sadaam hanging was a good example, though released unofficially, it gave people a sigh of relief to say yeah he's gone, the world is a better place without him.

I would be very interested to see/hear more about what the poster "TruthersLIe" has spoken with the students.
SJ.

What is funny is that last year I was teaching at Uni. My Uni students were 21 22 23 years old and most of them were going into engineering. My engineering students were very careful about what they said, and what information they used in discussions. They made sure they had citations to support their claims and that they tried to back it up.

This year I switched jobs and I am now teaching at a local high school. I am still teaching roughly the same material, but for lower grades. These students have NO information literacy skills.

One of them brought in a print out of the "photo" of UBL after he was killed. They then tried to tell me that the "photo" was photoshopped. It was. But it wasn't from the US government. They tried to say it was the photo that the US took of a dead Bin Laden. I had to post the correct links stating that no such photos have been released on facebook and direct my students to the correct facts all night long.

You bring up the Saddam execution video. My students are woefully ignorant of the facts (in most things dealing with the US, or the events in the gulf). Most of what they know is supposition, rumor and arguments from ignorance and incredulity.

My students swear to me that Saddam H, was tried by the US and executed by the US. When I point out the facts (it was an iraqi court, with iraqi legal system, and iraqi executioners) they reply, why did the executioners cover their faces? So even though I provide them with links to the correct information, they often gish gallop from one topic to another.

About 2 weeks before we had a great discussion about the guy in florida who burned a copy of the Qu'ran. My students were up in arms about how this was a desecration of the "holy" scriptures. As if that particular book was given BY GOD to man. They don't understand any of the freedoms that we take for granted.

A good example. One of my year 10 boys got into a huge fist fight with another year 10 boy. Blood everywhere, shoes flying, desks knocked over, one boy lost a tooth. Because one boy said that the others ones mother was his farq (I think that is how it is spelled. It translates directly into "little chicken" but the slang means "my bitch.") This rumble was because someone "used bad words" about someone else's mom. That was like...... 5th grade for me (and most americans, by year 7 you are told to grow up).
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:51 AM   #370
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Truthers will not shut up now about how we killed Osama to cover up his knowlege of how our own Government was responsible for 911.

You can come up with a dozen reasons why truthers won't shut up no matter what action was taken.

Besides, Osama wasn't exactly tight-lipped when it came to condemning the U.S. and he had nearly 10 years to say anything he wanted to say.

1) "Jayne ain't a girl." —Jayne Cobb
2) He was also drugged up at the time.

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 3rd May 2011 at 10:53 AM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:23 AM   #371
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

I fall into the 'wish we'd taken him alive' camp. But dammit, you have to be realistic. The odds of him being taken alive were longer than those of the Browns winning the Super Bowl.

"I nominate The Charnel Expanse as the greatest poster in the history of the Internet." - - johnny karate
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:31 AM   #372
therival58
Critical Thinker

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but:

Apparently OBL was not armed nor cowering behind his wife, as previously stated by special ops.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...an-shield.html

Why the flip-flopping?
therival58 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:32 AM   #373
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
Not only that, but isn't Osama the type of guy who would've PREFERRED to be killed rather than captured?

Martyrdom and 70 virgins and all that jazz, you know?
I dunno if I agree. If that were so, how come he wasn't one of the pilots on 9/11?

The guy seemed like a chicken ****. Always hiding somewhere. Sending out secret videos about how much of a badass he was.

If he was so awesome, he would have walked out in the middle of Time Square with a dirty nuke strapped to his ass.

Last edited by Sabretooth; 3rd May 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:35 AM   #374
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by therival58 View Post

Apparently OBL was not armed nor cowering behind his wife, as previously stated by special ops.

Why the flip-flopping?
Not "flip-flopping", The actual truth being reported. Tends to go that way.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:54 AM   #375
Philosopher

I am with you on this... have been in communication with some of my business partners who are located in Northern Africa and backlash is beginning to swell. Not that they liked bin laden, in fact they disliked him intensely, but the rationale of "dumping" (their word) the body at sea. Apparently, it is considered desicration to bury a Muslim in this fashion. I yield to thier knowledge but I couldn't care less about bin laden and his feelings.
It's not. Sea burial is allowed when there's a risk of desecration. I don't know if any prayers were said, but the burial itself is permitted.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:58 AM   #376
therival58
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Not "flip-flopping", The actual truth being reported. Tends to go that way.
but the original story came from official sources, and now other official sources are telling a different version of events. why are they so different?
therival58 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:01 PM   #377
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

but the original story came from official sources, and now other official sources are telling a different version of events. why are they so different?
Pretty sure this qualifies as one of those 'fog of war' events.

"I nominate The Charnel Expanse as the greatest poster in the history of the Internet." - - johnny karate
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:02 PM   #378
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Yes, "official sources" is media speak for anyone that looks official that will talk to them. After that it's "get it out before the next guy" and hope it's right. You don't actually think MSM is always 100% factual?

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

Last edited by DGM; 3rd May 2011 at 12:05 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:04 PM   #379
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JihadJane View Post
'America after Osama bin Laden
I and my group of 9/11 victims' relatives hope we will take this opportunity to restore the US to the path of justice, not war
'

"There are not many things I know to be absolutely true, but one of them is that violence begets violence. I suppose bin Laden's death proves the point. I and my fellow members of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows want the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks brought to justice, but we believe justice is achieved in the courtroom, not on the battlefield.

I do not seek revenge, but rather justice – and these are two very different things. Bin Laden's death doesn't change the fact that my husband is dead. ...
"
I am sure that many relatives of those murdered by terrorists have the same opinion as above. I feel their sorrow and to a degree I agree with their wishes of a courtroom trial. Seeing these terrorists in court face to face may bring a little more comfort than seeing them spread all over the front pages of a daily rag covered in blood and bloated.

I don't quite see why you use such a quote from a clearly distressed family member in bereavement. What was your point? Why didnt you use the many live statements made by family members at GZ yesterday? Ya know the ones that cheared and clapped for OBL's death. Justice done they said. Human response to bereavement differs from person to person yet you use it here as some sort of victory flag.

Sick Jane, sick.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:09 PM   #380
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Why the flip-flopping?
The reports I heard said only that a woman had been shotwhile being used as a human shield. No mention was made of Osama being the culprit. Do you have a source for the "as previously stated by special ops"?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:12 PM   #381
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The reports I heard said only that a woman had been shotwhile being used as a human shield. No mention was made of Osama being the culprit. Do you have a source for the "as previously stated by special ops"?
The news changes within minutes. Press clambering over each other to get the 'scoop'. Seems that the woman is actually alive.....as to are 8 children that were also in the compound. Wait.............out! lol.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:14 PM   #382
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Why the flip-flopping?
Armless UBL killed? When did he get his arms removed? Does the media get anything right?
With the media - need to exercise some skepticism - wait a few days. Was he not legged, too? Have you ever worked with the media? When did they get anything right. I found you have to read, and then study things to get the correct story, or at least the correct conclusion. UBL is dead, it appears he is, that is the big picture. Are you worried about the details?

Who said special ops said anything? There are only a few people with first hand knowledge, it might be years before we know what they did. Source for your special ops quote? Was it the soldier who shot UBL? Or are you working with some hearsay?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:35 PM   #383
Scott Jurgenson
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by TruthersLie View Post
SJ.

You bring up the Saddam execution video. My students are woefully ignorant of the facts (in most things dealing with the US, or the events in the gulf). Most of what they know is supposition, rumor and arguments from ignorance and incredulity.
This is what kills me. There evidence was probably a few youtube videos and a blog from a guy named DemonLordPolitics or something.

I find it hilarious that the internet is this "Holy" source for anything conspiracy and people don't take the time to research anything. To this day I have a hard time watching documentaries because I am skeptical to how much they are twisting facts, chopping quotes, and using biased information without telling the other sides tale.

I posted this a while back as a thread but this shows how gullible people are. I had a heated discussion with my friend Mike about the Pentagon not being hit by a supposid Cruise Missle...i convince him that it was a plane. A few days later or whatever he calls me and says he knows it's a cruise missle now and there's no debunking this video he watched...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I just sighed when I clicked the link he emailed me and felt I don't ever need to talk to him about 911 ever again.

Great few posts btw man, you have a pretty good spin on things.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:36 PM   #384
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

Next thing you know, a BBC report will surface having bin Laden dead 20 minutes before he fell.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:37 PM   #385
alienentity
Illuminator

Here's a couple of comments from Globeandmail today..

DJ BALL
'So let me get this straight, the World's Biggest Boogeyman, the person they blame 911 on and the subsequent wars that have killed hundreds of thousands of people has been killled and dumped in the ocean within a day ? are you kidding me ? you monkees actually believe this crap or did Cass Sunstein send you ?
The absurd quick burial only makes sense when put in the context of "something to hide"
The rent-a mob of high school kids was a nice touch outside of the White House, it fooled some of you idiots'

Manopeace
'Pictures or it didn't happen.
They lied about WMDs, they lied about Jessica Lynch, they lied about Pat Tillman. Shame on all of you for letting them fool you again.'

Hilarious stupidity - Truthers have claimed for years that OBL was dead already, and the videos were fake.

Now they'll claim he's still alive!
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:48 PM   #386
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
Here's a couple of comments from Globeandmail today..

DJ BALL
'So let me get this straight, the World's Biggest Boogeyman, the person they blame 911 on and the subsequent wars that have killed hundreds of thousands of people has been killled and dumped in the ocean within a day ? are you kidding me ? you monkees actually believe this crap or did Cass Sunstein send you ?
The absurd quick burial only makes sense when put in the context of "something to hide"
The rent-a mob of high school kids was a nice touch outside of the White House, it fooled some of you idiots'

Manopeace
'Pictures or it didn't happen.
They lied about WMDs, they lied about Jessica Lynch, they lied about Pat Tillman. Shame on all of you for letting them fool you again.'

Hilarious stupidity - Truthers have claimed for years that OBL was dead already, and the videos were fake.

Now they'll claim he's still alive!
Reminds me of the scenes of the fish 'Dorey' in Finding Nemo (blame the grandchildren, honest).
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:48 PM   #387
JihadJane
Penultimate Satisfaction

Originally Posted by Jackanory View Post
I am sure that many relatives of those murdered by terrorists have the same opinion as above. I feel their sorrow and to a degree I agree with their wishes of a courtroom trial. Seeing these terrorists in court face to face may bring a little more comfort than seeing them spread all over the front pages of a daily rag covered in blood and bloated.

I don't quite see why you use such a quote from a clearly distressed family member in bereavement.
What makes you think she is distressed? It's a very measured, unemotional piece.

Quote:
What was your point? Why didnt you use the many live statements made by family members at GZ yesterday? Ya know the ones that cheared and clapped for OBL's death. Justice done they said. Human response to bereavement differs from person to person yet you use it here as some sort of victory flag.

Sick Jane, sick.
I like the way you make up little stories about me and pretend they're from real life. Cute!
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:51 PM   #388
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Next thing you know, a BBC report will surface having bin Laden dead 20 minutes before he fell.
Nom'd!

Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:51 PM   #389
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

I like the way you make up little stories about me and pretend they're from real life. Cute!
Nearly as much as your non-denials.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:53 PM   #390
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

I walked into the bar today. Asked the bartender, "Give me a Bin Laden."

He said "What's in it?"

I told him, " Two Shots and a splash of water."
Mr.Herbert is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:59 PM   #391
Furcifer
miscreant

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Armless UBL killed? When did he get his arms removed?
Chickens have wings.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:59 PM   #392
Jackanory
Graduate Poster

What makes you think she is distressed? It's a very measured, unemotional piece.

You mean measured, reflective and sombre. Therefore not sure what you class as 'unemotional'. Getting kinda used to those differing interpretations though. lol.

Live statements of those at GZ where also very measured and unemotionalI much prefer it when you copy/paste grieving family members statements to attempt to somehow validate something you failed to erm..........validate. I asked what your point was.

I see that you didnt have one. Cool. Just Jihad being Jihad.
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:00 PM   #393
triforcharity
Banned

Why the flip-flopping?
You do realize that this happens in EVERY major event, right?

Sorry, media gt stuff wrong. People get stuff wrong.

Who ******* knows. I wasn't there. I personally don't care either way.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:08 PM   #394
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
I walked into the bar today. Asked the bartender, "Give me a Bin Laden."

He said "What's in it?"

I told him, " Two Shots and a splash of water."
Now, THAT'S funny.
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:08 PM   #395
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Yes, "official sources" is media speak for anyone that looks official that will talk to them. After that it's "get it out before the next guy" and hope it's right. You don't actually think MSM is always 100% factual?
Ihate to defend closet truthers, but Mr. Brennen (Advisor to B.O. from the Homeland Security IIRC) did in fact say that in a press confrence.

But, again, it doesn't matter. Maybe that is what they saw/heard in the situation room, but when the AAR was completed, the details were more clear.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:09 PM   #396
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

The NHL announced this morning that Osama bin Laden would be out of the playoffs indefinitely with an "upper body injury".

Old 3rd May 2011, 03:38 PM   #397
Justin39640
Illuminator

Death to America okay then? Permanent war?
Wow, way to take that one way over the top. No, I was talking on an individual level (and you know that). Same applies to Americans who live violent lifestyles such as gang members.
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:49 PM   #398
Baylor
Philosopher

You're in good company on this thread!

How do you know this actually happened?

What evidence do you have that people came to "arrest him"?

What is the relevance of your comment to Andrea LeBlanc's article and sentiment?
Ahhh, JihadJane. 27,336 posts and not one without quotation marks.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:13 PM   #399
Philosopher

This is what kills me. There evidence was probably a few youtube videos and a blog from a guy named DemonLordPolitics or something.

I find it hilarious that the internet is this "Holy" source for anything conspiracy and people don't take the time to research anything. To this day I have a hard time watching documentaries because I am skeptical to how much they are twisting facts, chopping quotes, and using biased information without telling the other sides tale.
And then they insist that it's everyone else who needs to do the research.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:15 PM   #400
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Bin Laden getting killed just goes to show once again that conspiracy theorists will never let any event go by, without showing everyone how extremely delusional and pathetically stupid they are...

They made up so many lies about Bin Laden over the years, that now they scurry around to create more lies, to cover the lies that just fell apart on them... LOL

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.

Last edited by The Platypus; 3rd May 2011 at 04:18 PM.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories