JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags 911 debunking , 911 debunking resources , ae911truth , controlled demolition , richard gage , world trade center , wtc 7

Closed Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 11:26 PM   #2041
tfk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Clayton Moore View Post
tfk

Please answer these questions.

1. How old are you?

2. What do you do for a living?

3. Where did you get your PhD / MS in structural engineering?

4. How many FEAs for the collapse of giant structures have you performed?

1. 58
2. Mechanical engineer.
3. BSME, Cornell U.
(I've answered all of these before. Why is it that the vast majority of the truthers will NOT state their qualifications?)
4. None. I've done lots of small ones for my designs.

But I'm not the one who is claiming (with zero evidence, only baseless assertions) that a passel of successful, proven professionals working within their fields of expertise (NIST & their consulting experts & the 1000s of structural engineers who have accepted their report) got it all wrong.

See the difference?

tk

PS.

Hey Clayton,

1. How old are you?

(truth please.)

Also, the jist of the post ... that you skipped / missed / chose to ignore.

5. Do you think that some of the details of the construction of the building MIGHT just play a role in the nature of the collapse?

6. Or do you think that the collapse of this small, symmetrical erector set is valid for all large structures?

7. Do you think that the manufacturer of the FEA software sits up at night worrying that someone may catch on to the fact that his product is no longer needed because the analysis of one simplistic model applies to all other structures?

8. What experience in your background qualifies you to gainsay the results of several dozen PhDs in structural engineering who spent several years modeling, you know, the ACTUAL BUILDING, instead of a completely unrelated structure?

Last edited by tfk; 24th August 2011 at 11:32 PM.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 12:20 AM   #2042
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by tfk View Post
1. How old are you?

5. Do you think that some of the details of the construction of the building MIGHT just play a role in the nature of the collapse?

6. Or do you think that the collapse of this small, symmetrical erector set is valid for all large structures?

7. Do you think that the manufacturer of the FEA software sits up at night worrying that someone may catch on to the fact that his product is no longer needed because the analysis of one simplistic model applies to all other structures?

8. What experience in your background qualifies you to gainsay the results of several dozen PhDs in structural engineering who spent several years modeling, you know, the ACTUAL BUILDING, instead of a completely unrelated structure?

Please answer these questions.

If you do, I'll reply to your assertions about the necessity for "rotation before collapse".
1) 42

2) I own a construction company here in the UK.

3) I am not a qualified structural engineer. I have a BA (Hons) Arch and Dip Arch which are standard UK university qualifications in architecture - the latter being the higher qualification. I also have a diploma in Urban Design - just so that you know.

4) None

5) Absolutely

6) The principles are the same. Gravity doesn't distinguish between small structures or large ones.

7) Nope

8) Their work was based on probability - and in my opinion, leaps in imagination. It is not based on the ACTUAL BUIlDING because they didn't have the ACTUAL BUILDING to examine. They used models which don't even perform as WTC7 did when compared with the recorded visual data.

I see you are a mechanical engineer - that makes you as qualified as me.

Last edited by mrkinnies; 25th August 2011 at 12:25 AM.
mrkinnies is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 12:30 AM   #2043
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mrkinnies View Post
... 8) Their work was based on probability - and in my opinion, leaps in imagination. It is not based on the ACTUAL BUIlDING because they didn't have the ACTUAL BUILDING to examine. They used models which don't even perform as WTC7 did when compared with the recorded visual data.

But at least he understands models, you don't as you make up the CD delusions for WTC 7. What will you do with Flight 93 and 77? 19 terrorists did 911. WTC 7 caught fire on 911 due to the collapse and aircraft impacts that day. No body fought the fire, why would you have to make up CD when fire is all that is needed?

Why did you wait nearly 10 years before you expose your failure to comprehend fire can destroy a building?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 12:46 AM   #2044
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
But at least he understands models, you don't as you make up the CD delusions for WTC 7. What will you do with Flight 93 and 77? 19 terrorists did 911. WTC 7 caught fire on 911 due to the collapse and aircraft impacts that day. No body fought the fire, why would you have to make up CD when fire is all that is needed?

Why did you wait nearly 10 years before you expose your failure to comprehend fire can destroy a building?
I'm not disputing the fact that fire can destroy a building - any building.

But I am disputing that fire brought down WTC7.

I also dispute that 19 terrorists had anything to do with 9/11 or that Flight 77 hit the Pentagon or that Flight 93 landed where it was meant to have done......

Last edited by mrkinnies; 25th August 2011 at 12:51 AM.
mrkinnies is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 12:52 AM   #2045
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by tfk View Post
1. 58
2. Mechanical engineer.
3. BSME, Cornell U.
(I've answered all of these before. Why is it that the vast majority of the truthers will NOT state their qualifications?)
4. None. I've done lots of small ones for my designs.

But I'm not the one who is claiming (with zero evidence, only baseless assertions) that a passel of successful, proven professionals working within their fields of expertise (NIST & their consulting experts & the 1000s of structural engineers who have accepted their report) got it all wrong.
Why do you lie?? You are just speculating, why debunkers think speculating is the same as telling facts?
Marokkaan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 01:04 AM   #2046
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
Hi all,

I'm still crawling forward on this issue of the observable tilting of Building 7. The photo I have, I believe, is when the north perimeter wall began to collapse, and you can clearly see a tilt in an easterly direction. I've seen other pix of the tilting building 7 as well. Anyone care to repost those so we can show Bill that this tilt is indeed an observable fact? Mrkinnies has mostly agreed with these observations but Bill is holding back. And mrkinnies, as to your "so what" question about this exercise in observation, we'll get there. First I want to get Bill on board. Bill, I know that lenses and smoke and heat can slightly distort the angle of buildings etc but with the Building 7 photos, I am talking about something that I believe is clearly observable by the naked eye. I didn't notice clearly tilting buildings in your YouTube explosions video but I could be wrong.

The "direct observation" method could also apply to the sounds of explosions in real CDs vs the contested WTC collapses, but I would despair of ever arriving at agreement there!
Hi Chris, there was flexing in the building just at the point the west penthouse collapsed and the building came down as a single unit. The kink is seen as a result of this movement.

I'm interested to see your photo but you may wish to bear this in mind.
Old 25th August 2011, 01:04 AM   #2047
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
You keep saying explosions, where on any of the videos of the collapse do you hear any explosions?

There are various ones that we know would have picked them up.

And btw why reference verinage? verinage doesnt use explosives, it disproves truthers claims that pancake progressive collapses can only occur with explosives.
This is one of the arguments of the debunkers they often use.

It shows their lack of knowledge about demolitions.

http://911debunkers.blogspot.com/201...-are-bunk.html

Read everything, watch everything.
Marokkaan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 01:17 AM   #2048
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
And btw why reference verinage? verinage doesnt use explosives, it disproves truthers claims that pancake progressive collapses can only occur with explosives.
Verinage is a demolition technique and that means human beings are involved in causing the building to collapse.

Those human beings make damn sure that the building will fall as intended by removing key lateral restraints throughout the structure and applying simultaneous destruction to all the supporting members at the point collapse is to start.

It's calculated and executed with great skill and attention.

Natural building collapses don't follow the same procedure. They are messy and usually incomplete.

Last edited by mrkinnies; 25th August 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 25th August 2011, 02:29 AM   #2049
dafydd
Banned

1) 42

2) I own a construction company here in the UK.

3) I am not a qualified structural engineer. I have a BA (Hons) Arch and Dip Arch which are standard UK university qualifications in architecture - the latter being the higher qualification. I also have a diploma in Urban Design - just so that you know.

I find that hard to believe.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 02:31 AM   #2050
dafydd
Banned

I'm not disputing the fact that fire can destroy a building - any building.

But I am disputing that fire brought down WTC7.

I also dispute that 19 terrorists had anything to do with 9/11 or that Flight 77 hit the Pentagon or that Flight 93 landed where it was meant to have done......
Dispute away,you can't change the facts. When another ten years have passed will you still be disputing?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 02:33 AM   #2051
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Marokkaan View Post
This is one of the arguments of the debunkers they often use.

It shows their lack of knowledge about demolitions.

http://911debunkers.blogspot.com/201...-are-bunk.html

Read everything, watch everything.
Pass. I've seen all that junk before. Do you have any new evidence instead of the same rehashed truther nonsense?
Old 25th August 2011, 02:41 AM   #2052
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
I find that hard to believe.
Any proof as to why you don't believe that?
Old 25th August 2011, 02:48 AM   #2053
dafydd
Banned

Any proof as to why you don't believe that?
I cite everything you have posted so far.
Old 25th August 2011, 02:52 AM   #2054
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

I cite everything you have posted so far.
Why don't you be more explicit and join in with the debate?
Old 25th August 2011, 02:54 AM   #2055
dafydd
Banned

Why don't you be more explicit and join in with the debate?
I will leave the debating to the real engineers and architects,I learn from their posts,I advise you to do the same.
Old 25th August 2011, 02:56 AM   #2056
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Dispute away,you can't change the facts. When another ten years have passed will you still be disputing?
How do you know they are facts. What proof do you have other than you were told it happened in a certain way?

I will dispute the official story until I see better evidence to confirm it. If I die still thinking the way I do then so be it.

I don't believe there is any evidence of god either. Some people will hate me for that but until I see absolute proof I will take such a belief to my grave also.
Old 25th August 2011, 02:59 AM   #2057
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

I will leave the debating to the real engineers and architects,I learn from their posts,I advise you to do the same.
All you have is words, nothing more.

I was a real architect and still work in the construction industry.

Richard Gage was an architect too with years of experience.

You can pick and choose all you like but I really don't care what you believe. It's worthless to me especially as you've added nothing to the debate in all the time I've been here.

But feel free to discuss the issues like Chris Mohr is actually doing and I'll be happy to engage with you.

Last edited by mrkinnies; 25th August 2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 25th August 2011, 03:43 AM   #2058
dafydd
Banned

All you have is words, nothing more.

I was a real architect and still work in the construction industry.

Richard Gage was an architect too with years of experience.

You can pick and choose all you like but I really don't care what you believe. It's worthless to me especially as you've added nothing to the debate in all the time I've been here.

But feel free to discuss the issues like Chris Mohr is actually doing and I'll be happy to engage with you.
Gage is a raving lunatic. I will leave it to Chris,he does a sterling job in educating truthers about the facts of 911. Cheerio.

Last edited by dafydd; 25th August 2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 25th August 2011, 03:45 AM   #2059
dafydd
Banned

How do you know they are facts. What proof do you have other than you were told it happened in a certain way?

I will dispute the official story until I see better evidence to confirm it. If I die still thinking the way I do then so be it.

I don't believe there is any evidence of god either. Some people will hate me for that but until I see absolute proof I will take such a belief to my grave also.
You will take your 911 fantasy to the grave. Cheerybye.
Old 25th August 2011, 04:34 AM   #2060
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Gage is a raving lunatic. I will leave it to Chris,he does a sterling job in educating truthers about the facts of 911. Cheerio.
Irony meter?
Old 25th August 2011, 04:46 AM   #2061
excaza
Illuminator

Why do you lie??
The quoted text was not a lie, nor was it speculation. Perhaps you'd like to show the class why you believe it is?
Old 25th August 2011, 04:50 AM   #2062
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by excaza View Post
The quoted text was not a lie, nor was it speculation. Perhaps you'd like to show the class why you believe it is?
Its the truth? So you can show its the truth?
Old 25th August 2011, 04:59 AM   #2063
excaza
Illuminator

Its the truth? So you can show its the truth?
Investigators working in their fields of expertise: http://www.nist.gov/el/disasterstudi...am_members.cfm

Public Briefs and Conference Presentations: http://www.nist.gov/el/disasterstudi...c_meetings.cfm

For someone so interested in finding the "truth," you're pretty incompetent.
Old 25th August 2011, 05:12 AM   #2064
dafydd
Banned

Irony meter?
Wrong context.
Old 25th August 2011, 05:15 AM   #2065
dafydd
Banned

I know what happened. Terrorists hijacked airplanes and flew them into the buildings,damaging them so badly that they collapsed. Why can't that be true?
Old 25th August 2011, 05:23 AM   #2066
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Investigators working in their fields of expertise: http://www.nist.gov/el/disasterstudi...am_members.cfm

Public Briefs and Conference Presentations: http://www.nist.gov/el/disasterstudi...c_meetings.cfm

For someone so interested in finding the "truth," you're pretty incompetent.
Woww amazing, but i dont see 1000 structural engineers on any page of yours
Old 25th August 2011, 05:26 AM   #2067
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

LOL , no it makes him vastly more qualified as to become a Mech Eng you study both Statics and Dynamics, the Basics of Structural Engineering.

Architecture is essentially an arts degree and does not cover these subjects in anything like the same depth. My brother in law is an architect in the UK but he, unlike you, knows his limitations, and has Engineers do the Engineering.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 05:32 AM   #2068
excaza
Illuminator

I'm not sure how things work in Holland, but most countries have these things called 'conferences,' where those who work in certain fields attend lectures and presentations about work people are doing in the field. Conferences are generally attended by hundreds of people, all of whom have the ability to openly discuss the work being presented with the people presenting them.

So far, the only people who have taken issue with what has been presented and published are wing nuts. Those who do not take issue with it....wait for it

wait for it...

waiiiiit for it...

agree with it.

Hardly an intangible concept.
Old 25th August 2011, 05:42 AM   #2069
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

I'm not sure how things work in Holland, but most countries have these things called 'conferences,' where those who work in certain fields attend lectures and presentations about work people are doing in the field. Conferences are generally attended by hundreds of people, all of whom have the ability to openly discuss the work being presented with the people presenting them.

So far, the only people who have taken issue with what has been presented and published are wing nuts. Those who do not take issue with it....wait for it

wait for it...

waiiiiit for it...

agree with it.

Hardly an intangible concept.
So you can not show the 1000 structural engineers?

How shocking is this...
Old 25th August 2011, 05:44 AM   #2070
excaza
Illuminator

Get the attendance lists and start calling. You're not very good at this.
Old 25th August 2011, 05:49 AM   #2071
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Get the attendance lists and start calling. You're not very good at this.
Lol, where is the list?
Old 25th August 2011, 05:52 AM   #2072
Gamolon
Graduate Poster

I don't see 1000 structural engineers on yours either.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 05:57 AM   #2073
excaza
Illuminator

Lol, where is the list?
If you google the name of the conference, you'll get contact information.

It's hard to believe that someone with research skills this poor is going to uncover a vast government conspiracy.
Old 25th August 2011, 05:59 AM   #2074
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

If you google the name of the conference, you'll get contact information.

It's hard to believe that someone with research skills this poor is going to uncover a vast government conspiracy.
And again...

Old 25th August 2011, 06:02 AM   #2075
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Why do you lie?? You are just speculating, why debunkers think speculating is the same as telling facts?
In your sad attempts at reverse psychology, I guess you forgot that you are the one that came here to troll for recruits for the cult...

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 06:55 AM   #2076
Gamolon
Graduate Poster

And again...

Can YOU show me 1,000 structural engineers?
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 07:21 AM   #2077
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Clayton Moore View Post
I didn't miss anything. Credentials don't mean a dang thing if you debunkers exfoliate the notion that the three WTC skyscrapers fell smooth as silk without being rigged to do so.

What??

ex·fo·li·ate (ks-fl-t)
v. ex·fo·li·at·ed, ex·fo·li·at·ing, ex·fo·li·ates
v.tr.
1. To remove (a layer of bark or skin, for example) in flakes or scales; peel.
2. To cast off in scales, flakes, or splinters.
tsig is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 09:32 AM   #2078
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
What??

ex·fo·li·ate (ks-fl-t)
v. ex·fo·li·at·ed, ex·fo·li·at·ing, ex·fo·li·ates
v.tr.
1. To remove (a layer of bark or skin, for example) in flakes or scales; peel.
2. To cast off in scales, flakes, or splinters.

yeah I thought that was a strange one too........but then so is everything he says so I let it pass. Its obvious he is a shape shifting Illuminati lizard shill trying to make the twoofers look foolish. You must admit he is good at that
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th August 2011, 09:39 AM   #2079
mrkinnies
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
LOL , no it makes him vastly more qualified as to become a Mech Eng you study both Statics and Dynamics, the Basics of Structural Engineering.

Architecture is essentially an arts degree and does not cover these subjects in anything like the same depth. My brother in law is an architect in the UK but he, unlike you, knows his limitations, and has Engineers do the Engineering.
I use structural engineers too. They know far more than I about detailing, Eurocodes and health & safety requirements since they deal with this stuff everyday. Most of the time all I get from them is detailing for code compliance since the principles of the structure have already been given to them by me.

The principles of structures are very simple, the hard part is proving mathematically that a structural design can withstand the necessary tolerances for safety and to meet building codes. I can't do the latter nor have any interest in doing so.

Last edited by mrkinnies; 25th August 2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 25th August 2011, 09:51 AM   #2080
dafydd
Banned

I use structural engineers too.
I will bet that none of them are truthers.
Closed Thread

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories