JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags apollo hoax , moon landing hoax

Closed Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 01:01 PM   #81
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

Originally Posted by Patrick1000 View Post
Not bad points about the rocks and pics, but as we all know only something like 5% of the rock samples have been studied. What about the other 95%?
Bull. Not just incorrect but flat-out nonsense. You are either woefully ill-informed or utterly disingenuous.

http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/lunar/compendium.cfm

The entire catalog is here. Click on any sample and you will find studies performed on them. If you need help with big words let us know.

Quote:
People go back and forth about the photos ad nauseam. Makes one dizzy. HBs see the photographs as obviously fake, mainstreamers see extraordinarily clear shots of the 20th century's most amazing event.
The photographs are consistent with the presented narrative. Any inconsistencies are the result of misinformation, disinformation, lack of understanding or actual lies.

Quote:
The only way one ever makes headway in coming to terms with any of this is to look at the narrative itself. Study the story. What is the story?
The story is: Humans love to fling together leaky boats and go exploring. As soon as the moon was recognized as a "place" it became a destination.

Quote:
If that story features a pair of world class fighter pilots lost on the moon's surface with no clue as to how best to find themselves, I know I need not worry about rocks and pics, at least as regards to what they tell me about the Apollo Program's authenticity. The narrative is inconsistent, internally incoherent and therefore necessarily untrue. Of course the rocks are fake. Of course the pictures are fake. Of course the Saturn V launches are "staged", with the big rockets going up, but not to the moon., to know where? What metaphor! We know this to be the case because we find the principals to be lying and obviously so. There is nothing subtle about this, and so there is no mystery to any of this, to the rocks, to the pics. It all must be counterfeit. There is no other explanation consistent with the fraudulent narrative.

If a NASA principal tells the people at Lick Observatory the precise coordinates of Tranquility Base during the evening of 07/20/1969 and withhold this information from the very man who needs it most, FIDO H. David Reed, we know Apollo must be bogus. How can it be otherwise?

If during the flight of Apollo 8 astronaut Borman gets diarrhea and his poop floats throughout the zero G cabin contaminating everything without anything that remotely resembles an appropriate response to it all by Charles Berry or one of the other pretend doctors, we know Apollo simply cannot be a bona fide space adventure to the moon. It can only be super fake, just based right there on the Borman diarrhea episode alone. It could not have happened with real doctors in a real world and so we know this was the pretend world of Apollo where it doesn't matter if salmonella adhere to Jim Lovell's eyebrows or not. It's only pretend bacteria after all. Score one for imagination and laughs though. Too bad the funny diarrhea story cost us $130,000,000,000. You'd think after the fake Borman loose poop episode that they would have come up with a fake contingency plan for future episodes of fraudulent g.i. distress, but their imaginations were limited.

You say real rocks and I say fake diarrhea. You say real photos and I say these lost astronauts couldn't score a Boy Scouts of America Map and Compass Navigation merit badge. We are at an impasse yes, but I pay no attention to the rocks and pics any more. I read what the astronauts say and the astronauts lie to my face, so I know Apollo cannot be true.

So sad…………..
Horse hockey from top to bottom. These paragraphs do not deserve detailed analysis, nor do you.

"I'm ignoring the rest of your foaming rant. "
JayUtah
ApolloGnomon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 01:07 PM   #82
matt.tansy
Muse

If a NASA principal tells the people at Lick Observatory the precise coordinates of Tranquility Base during the evening of 07/20/1969 and withhold this information from the very man who needs it most, FIDO H. David Reed, we know Apollo must be bogus. How can it be otherwise?
The position given to Lick was 0.79 miles from the actual position determined later. That hardly counts as precise.
matt.tansy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 01:25 PM   #83
sts60
Graduate Poster

Not bad points about the rocks and pics, but as we all know only something like 5% of the rock samples have been studied. What about the other 95%?
Why don't you put together a research proposal and get some of the unused samples for yourself? Surely you're a qualified geologist; you've claimed to be about everything else.

Or would you prefer to wave your hands and make an appeal to ignorance? Yep, thought so.

People go back and forth about the photos ad nauseam. Makes one dizzy. HBs see the photographs as obviously fake, mainstreamers see extraordinarily clear shots of the 20th century's most amazing event.
Many of the "extraordinarily clear" shots are nothing but; out of focus, cut off, sunstruck. So much for U. Google.

The only way one ever makes headway in coming to terms with any of this is to look at the narrative itself. Study the story.
I have to some extent, and I have actual spaceflight project experience from design, build, integration and test to training and flight ops. What exactly are your qualifications to evaluate the "narrative"?

If that story features a pair of world class fighter pilots lost on the moon's surface with no clue as to how best to find themselves,
This doesn't get any more true with repetition.

I know I need not worry about rocks and pics, at least as regards to what they tell me about the Apollo Program's authenticity.
Which is, of course, utter nonsense, since the lunar samples, and the surface imagery, and the orbital mapping imagery, and the LRRR returns, and the ALSEP telemetry - years of it - are all consistent with manned missions.

The narrative is inconsistent, internally incoherent
I don't find it so, but I'm willing to listen to relevant personal experience. How many space missions have you personally worked?

and therefore necessarily untrue.
What, then, does this say about the many times you have contradicted yourself?

If during the flight of Apollo 8 astronaut Borman gets diarrhea....without anything that remotely resembles an appropriate response to it all by Charles Berry or one of the other pretend doctors,
Speaking of pretend doctors, your various sock puppets on BAUT already made this claim, and I refer the readers here to that forum. On this forum, you're a pretend "scientist" (so far); do try to remember, there's a good fellow.

... We are at an impasse yes, but I pay no attention to the rocks and pics any more.
Shades of WTC Dust and "I don't pay any attention to airplanes". Yes, pretending evidence doesn't exist is much easier when it doesn't fit your ever-changing narrative.

I read what the astronauts say and the astronauts lie to my face, so I know Apollo cannot be true.
Circular. But how many Apollo astronauts have you spoken with personally? Please provide a number. I'm guessing it will be a nonnegative, nonpositive integer.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 01:30 PM   #84
Patrick1000
Banned

The official coordinates of Tranquility Base for many years and some still say these coordinates are best Matt are 00 41 15 north and 23 26 00 east. Not only precise, mind boggling dead on. Not 0.79 miles away, dead on, no corrections, 00 41 15 north and 23 26 00 east. Where did they get those perfect numbers Matt? Reed did not have them, the PNGS did not, AGS did not, AOT did not, maps no.

MATT WHERE DID THEY GET THE NUMBERS BEFORE THEY MEASURED THE NUMBERS, THE UTTERLY PRECISE NUMBERS, NOT 0.79 MILES OFF, NOT A SMIDGEON OFF. WHERE OH WHERE DID THEY GET THOSE NUMBERS?

Hmmmmmmm, pretty wild isn't it?????????
Patrick1000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 01:33 PM   #85
Patrick1000
Banned

I read the astronauts books and the reports. I have written to several, no response. The term lying to my face is a figure of speech. They lie to us all. By using the term I mean to imply they are lies of contempt, filled with obscene temerity.

Last edited by Patrick1000; 11th August 2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: willed> with
Patrick1000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 01:35 PM   #86
Patrick1000
Banned

sts60, I know nothing of geology. I like to hike and climb very well. That is it.
Old 11th August 2011, 01:49 PM   #87
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing

Pat? About the Russians taking a picture of where there were no astronauts... How would they be able to take a pic of them at all?
Old 11th August 2011, 01:53 PM   #88
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I like alternate history; it's one of my favorite genres of fiction.
I don't. I find that it is all too often artifically contrived and stilted.
Old 11th August 2011, 01:54 PM   #89
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

Quote:
Of course the rocks are fake. Of course the pictures are fake. Of course the Saturn V launches are "staged", with the big rockets going up, but not to the moon., to know where? What metaphor! We know this to be the case because we find the principals to be lying and obviously so.
I'd like to revisit this statement.

Quote:
Of course the rocks are fake
Can you provide any evidence at all for this? No. Is there any way at all to create fake moon rocks that would satisfy all conditions of lunar geography? No. Are the rock and soil samples from the moon consistent with lunar meteorites found on earth? Yes, but with additional features indicative of having spent time on the moon but not spending time on earth.

So, no. The rocks are NOT "of course" fake, but you need them to be fake in order for your half a theory to make any sense. You magically wave the consistency away and declare inconsistency where none exists. Further, your argument fails to make use of even a layperson's knowledge of geology.

Quote:
Of course the pictures are fake.
Not one photograph has ever been proven to be fake, but there are thousands to draw upon. Maybe you're "the one." The Apollo Lunar Surface Journalhas every single photograph taken on the moon and quite a few mission-prep pictures as well.

Using your "science" make a prediction based on your initial premise and research the available data -- if the photos are "fake" there should be some evidence or another that conclusively proves the photos were not taken on an airless globe 2000+ miles in diameter a mere quarter million miles from earth.

Quote:
Of course the Saturn V launches are "staged", with the big rockets going up, but not to the moon., to know where?
Yes, to where? They were visible to the naked eye when in orbit, as large specks of light. Translunar Injection Burn was observable to people on the ground and was photographed by amateur astronomers with telescopes of modest power. Rockets went up, proven; they left earth orbit, proven; Apollo 11 transmissions were sent from the moon, proven.

What else do you have left? Nothing! Your "theory" is unable to explain these facts.

Quote:
We know this to be the case because we find the principals to be lying and obviously so.
Circular logic is an automatic fail.

JayUtah
ApolloGnomon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 01:57 PM   #90
Patrick1000
Banned

Lost Bird Proves Apollo Inauthenticity

For ApolloGnomon,

Cataloging and generally describing an 800 lb collection of "Lunar Rocks" is one thing, subjecting all 800 pounds of the alleged samples to in depth study is another and has not been done. I stand by my previous statement which is true and accurate. Cataloging/describing is not in depth studying.

That said, as emphasized above, I could not care less. Don't get me wrong. The rocks are important to look at. It is just I know Apollo to be fake and along with Apollo the phony rocks because astronaut Borman pooped all over his space ship and no one cared. Now infectious disease is a subject I do know a lot about. And because of that I know Apollo is bogus as are the Apollo rocks.

I also know how to find myself on the surface of the earth and claim I could do the same on the surface of the moon. Astronaut Armstrong prefers to have others find him by way of examining lunar maps of low resolution.

How did they know Neil and Buzz were at 00 41 15 north and 23 26 00 east Apollo by looking at those "crude maps" as Michael Collins called them? Did they hold up one of your fake rocks to the phony TV camera and make a bogus diagnosis of the fraudulent location based on the ghost of a rock's appearance on pretend TV Apollo?

As I said, you have your real rocks, I have my astronauts that cannot navigate their way out of a high tech bag. You have your pics and I have Charles Berry who doesn't seem qualified to treat a case of diarrhea at a summer camp.

Read the narrative, the phony story. You'll come around ApolloGnomon. Times have changed. The tide has turned. NASA is going down.

Last edited by Patrick1000; 11th August 2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: them>them?, you>your
Old 11th August 2011, 01:58 PM   #91
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

STARS OF KRYPTONITE
That was a great concert
Old 11th August 2011, 02:11 PM   #92
sts60
Graduate Poster

I read the astronauts books and the reports. I have written to several, no response.
Funny, on AH you implied that they had responded to you.

The term lying to my face is a figure of speech.
You said one thing and meant something else. By your own approach, you must be lying. Actually, you have manifestly lied numerouse times in creating your sock-puppets on various fora.

They lie to us all. By using the term I mean to imply they are lies of contempt, filled with obscene temerity.
And yet on AH you protested how much you liked them, and how you could understand why they would be "forced" to lie. Again, you can't keep your story straight - but you couldn't over there either.

sts60, I know nothing of geology...
For once, I actually do believe you.

The people who do know geology, and have actually studied the samples, understand that they were collected in situ on the Moon, and accept the reality of Apollo.

Again, how many space missions have you personally worked?

Also, what do your numerous self-contradictions say about your honesty? Not to mention the various times you lied in order to create sock-puppets at AH and BAUT? I only ask because you make a big deal of honesty in your posts.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 02:13 PM   #93
Patrick1000
Banned

Redtail, the Soviets had LUNA 15, a satellite with excellent photographic capabilities WAITING FOR APOLLO 11'S ARRIVAL. How much the Russians knew about the fraud is not clear to me, but the Apollo effort understood the photographic threat posed by LUNA 15.

Try this on for size Redtail. The Eagle touches down and Armstrong says, "Houston we are at 00 41 15 north and 23 26 00 east." LUNA 15 flies by and photographs nothing or perhaps a LRRR sans associated astro-not-very-Eagle-Scouts.

LUNA 15 was perceived as a threat and it makes Apollo 11's fraudulence particularly easy to read.

Think about it Redtail. Would you go to the moon if there was no plan to locate you on its surface? This story is preposterous. As they say, the bigger the lie, they easier it is to get the public to swallow the jive.

Last edited by Patrick1000; 11th August 2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: east>east", ann > a
Old 11th August 2011, 02:17 PM   #94
Patrick1000
Banned

I do admire the courage of Armstrong and the others, particularly Armstrong. I think he has suffered. It does not change my view of the lying or how I feel about being gamed this way.
Old 11th August 2011, 02:26 PM   #95
Redtail
Penultimate Amazing

Redtail, the Soviets had LUNA 15, a satellite with excellent photographic capabilities WAITING FOR APOLLO 11'S ARRIVAL. How much the Russians knew about the fraud is not clear to me, but the Apollo effort understood the photographic threat posed by LUNA 15.

Try this on for size Redtail. The Eagle touches down and Armstrong says, "Houston we are at 00 41 15 north and 23 26 00 east." LUNA 15 flies by and photographs nothing or perhaps a LRRR sans associated astro-not-very-Eagle-Scouts.

LUNA 15 was perceived as a threat and it makes Apollo 11's fraudulence particularly easy to read.

Think about it Redtail. Would you go to the moon if there was no plan to locate you on its surface? This story is preposterous. As they say, the bigger the lie, they easier it is to get the public to swallow the jive.
Yeah I figured you were talking about Luna 15. What happened to it again?
Old 11th August 2011, 02:39 PM   #96
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

and generally describing an 800 lb collection of "Lunar Rocks" is one thing, subjecting all 800 pounds of the alleged samples to in depth study is another and has not been done. I stand by my previous statement which is true and accurate. Cataloging/describing is not in depth studying.
False. All 800+ pounds have been studied in depth. Your claim otherwise is a flat out lie. Again, here's the link to the archive of the Lunar Samples Compendium http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/lunar/compendium.cfm Go read 'em and prove me wrong.

Quote:
That said, as emphasized above, I could not care less. Don't get me wrong. The rocks are important to look at. It is just I know Apollo to be fake and along with Apollo the phony rocks because astronaut Borman pooped all over his space ship and no one cared. Now infectious disease is a subject I do know a lot about. And because of that I know Apollo is bogus as are the Apollo rocks.
Well, to be fair pooping all over a spaceship is pretty convincing proof that the missions were bogus, but it has nothing to do with the rocks. This is the logical fallacy called "non sequitur" because the one does not logically follow the other.

Fallacies are like pokemon. Hoax believers and conspiracy theorists tend to collect them all.

Admit it -- you don't wanna talk about rocks because they're proof of missions on the moon to collect them.

Quote:
I also know how to find myself on the surface of the earth and claim I could do the same on the surface of the moon. Astronaut Armstrong prefers to have others find him by way of examining lunar maps of low resolution.
Um. Yeah? what? I think you've lost me here. Perhaps the problem is your understanding of the scope and design of the A11 mission is flawed.

Quote:
How did they know Neil and Buzz were at 00 41 15 north and 23 26 00 east Apollo by looking at those "crude maps" as Michael Collins called them? Did they hold up one of your fake rocks to the phony TV camera and make a bogus diagnosis of the fraudulent location based on the ghost of a rock's appearance on pretend TV Apollo?
I have no proof you're an idiot, so I won't call you one. The statement above lacks any relevance or intellectual rigor.

Quote:
As I said, you have your real rocks, I have my astronauts that cannot navigate their way out of a high tech bag. You have your pics and I have Charles Berry who doesn't seem qualified to treat a case of diarrhea at a summer camp.
whatev's

Quote:
Read the narrative, the phony story. You'll come around ApolloGnomon. Times have changed. The tide has turned. NASA is going down.
That would explain the literal flood of skeptics sock puppets.

There are only about 12 people on the planet, honestly, who actually believe this drivel. Half of them are represented by Jarrah "ask me about my $300 bucket of dirt" White and his coterie of sycophantic catamites like Stray "ask me about my drug bust probation" Dog.

What's YOUR excuse?

JayUtah
Old 11th August 2011, 02:46 PM   #97
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Of course the Saturn V launches are "staged", with the big rockets going up, but not to the moon., to know where?
They went to the moon.

We know this not just because NASA said so, we know this because the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics also said so.

Anyone with three radio antennas and an accurate clock can pinpoint the position of a radio broadcast in 3 dimensions. And the russians were slightly more experienced at this than the more technologically advanced Americans. The russians watched a radio source ascend to orbit from Cape Canaveral, then travel to the Moon. They watched the radio source orbit the Moon, land and then return across 250,000 miles of space.

To believe that the Apollo landings were a hoax is to believe that the largest empire in history, and one of it's bloodiest, one that would murder tens of millions of its own citizens in the belief that this protected its internal stability, an empire typified by unprovoked agression and wars of conquest, the largest state exporter and sponsor of terrorism in history... would simply allow itself to fracture, split apart and quietly fade, all the while protecting the secret that its first worst enemy didn't really win the biggest propaganda battle in historys biggest staring contest.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 02:55 PM   #98
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

You obviously haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about or you wouldn't have brought it up at all. The mere existence of the Soviet space program is devastating to the hoaxers case. As pointed out above, the commies knew that Apollo had made it to the Moon without the need for pictures.

And there is just no bloody way the spawn of Stalin would have let America have it's victory lap and 40 year gloat-fest if there was even the slightest scintilla of evidence that something was hinky.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 03:00 PM   #99
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

When hoax believers disregard the significance of the Soviet Union one can fairly accurately establish an upper limit to their age.

JayUtah
Old 11th August 2011, 03:42 PM   #100
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

BTW, did you all hear what happened when the Apollo 11 crew went to the White House for then 40th anniversary commemoration?

Aldrin and Armstrong went inside to meet the President while Micheal Collins stayed in the car and drove around the block.
Old 11th August 2011, 03:46 PM   #101
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
They went to the moon.

We know this not just because NASA said so, we know this because the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics also said so.

Anyone with three radio antennas and an accurate clock can pinpoint the position of a radio broadcast in 3 dimensions. And the russians were slightly more experienced at this than the more technologically advanced Americans. The russians watched a radio source ascend to orbit from Cape Canaveral, then travel to the Moon. They watched the radio source orbit the Moon, land and then return across 250,000 miles of space.

To believe that the Apollo landings were a hoax is to believe that the largest empire in history, and one of it's bloodiest, one that would murder tens of millions of its own citizens in the belief that this protected its internal stability, an empire typified by unprovoked agression and wars of conquest, the largest state exporter and sponsor of terrorism in history... would simply allow itself to fracture, split apart and quietly fade, all the while protecting the secret that its first worst enemy didn't really win the biggest propaganda battle in historys biggest staring contest.

Well, when you put it like that, it's almost as if the hoax claims are a bit implausible

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 03:47 PM   #102
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
I don't. I find that it is all too often artifically contrived and stilted.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 11th August 2011, 03:49 PM   #103
DC
Suspended

DC, none of the landings are "real". Apollo 11 is a good one, a sort of fun one, to study though because of the Apollo 11 post flight press conference, the LUNA factor, Remington Stone's great writing about the LRRR issue and the SCIENCE articles by the LRRR principal investigators that relate to the first targetings. I like Apollo 11 the most. It has the richest background because of its primacy. The materials with regard to Apollo 11 are more detailed and plentiful.
when you are correct, would you agree that this video below is NASA's best fake?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 04:04 PM   #104
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

BTW, did you all hear what happened when the Apollo 11 crew went to the White House for then 40th anniversary commemoration?

Aldrin and Armstrong went inside to meet the President while Micheal Collins stayed in the car and drove around the block.
bu-dump-bump Pshhhh!

JayUtah
Old 11th August 2011, 04:15 PM   #105
Erock
Muse

Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
bu-dump-bump Pshhhh!

Old 11th August 2011, 04:20 PM   #106
Erock
Muse

Originally Posted by DC View Post
when you are correct, would you agree that this video below is NASA's best fake?

I AGREE
It's good, but not as good as this one...

I AGREE
Old 11th August 2011, 04:23 PM   #107
mercatormac
Thinker

NASA certainly dodged a bullet there then. One thing I don't understand though, how does NASA prevent Luna 16, Luna 17, Luna 18, Luna 19, Luna 20, Luna 21, Luna 22, Luna 23 and Luna 24 or any other space probe from photographing the non-landing site and blowing the hoax wide open?
mercatormac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 04:41 PM   #108
DC
Suspended

Originally Posted by Erock View Post
It's good, but not as good as this one...

I AGREE
ha nice never saw that.
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 04:48 PM   #109
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

When he got to the far side of the White House, Collins became the loneliest man in Washington, D.C.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 04:49 PM   #110
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Patrick you deny the undeniable. There's a special term for people who do that.
Old 11th August 2011, 05:35 PM   #111
Macgyver1968
Illuminator

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Patrick you deny the undeniable. There's a special term for people who do that.

Crazy?
Old 11th August 2011, 05:50 PM   #112
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
Crazy?
Ah, that's the word I was looking for.
Old 11th August 2011, 07:01 PM   #113
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

So incredibly awesome. I'm totally stealing that.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th August 2011, 08:38 PM   #114
Patrick1000
Banned

twinstead,

Crazy like a fox, you betcha'.

Follow the facts where they lead. David Reed is not crazy. What is it you know about Apollo twinstead that Reed doesn't know? He sat at the bench of Mission Control, their most talented , most capable launch FIDO. He thought Neil Armstrong was lost on the morning of 07/21/1969 until Reed himself managed to "find" him. Armstrong described the landscape that morning for the benefit of the US Geological Survey guys looking for him on their "crude maps". Was Armstrong himself wrong? did he really know where he was?

So twinstead, was Reed wrong or fooled? Was Armstrong wrong or fooled? Was the location of the Eagle's perch known to any reasonable degree of accuracy before Reed sat down to work on the morning or 07/21/1969? Is it crazy to believe Reed's accounting of the facts that morning, an accounting supported by Armstrong's own telling of the lunar landing story? I don't disagree with Reed's accounting, nor Armstrong's. I believe the Mission Control boys did not know where Eagle was within 25,000 feet/5 miles give or take anyway as stated by Reed. Armstrong supports that position. Why am I crazy for supporting it?

Last edited by Patrick1000; 11th August 2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: hat>what, twin stead>twin stead, know.>know?, did>Did, story.>story?
Old 11th August 2011, 09:24 PM   #115
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

Ah, yes, another old familiar tactic: Ignore all responses relevant to the thread and instead attempt to back random posters into rhetorical or technical corners of your choosing.

Whatev's.

Care to tell us how moon rocks could be faked? 'Cuz if you can't then there's no bother continuing to waffle on about 12 digit grid coordinates.

Care to tell us how the largest rocket ever built could be hidden from view while orbiting the earth? If ya can't then there's no real reason to continue flailing in the general direction of voice transcripts.

Care to tell us how fake photographs NOT taken from the moon could accurately show weather patterns on earth, corroborated with various outside sources? If not then you might as well stop hammering on the bent nail of telescopes.

JayUtah

Last edited by ApolloGnomon; 11th August 2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 09:41 PM   #116
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

Great! So, about those rocks. . .

JayUtah
Old 11th August 2011, 09:42 PM   #117
Patrick1000
Banned

Thanks ApolloG, thought I was stuck in that telescope mode there. Again, nobody's fault but my own. I was just trying to respond to your challenges.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:11 PM   #118
sts60
Graduate Poster

Speaking of fattydash - what do the numerous changes and contradictions in your claims say about your honesty? After all, you keep telling us that there are contradictions in the A11 story and that this means it is a lie. Similarly, what about the numerous times you lied in accepting the TOSs of BAUT and AH when creating sock-puppets there? It's relevant because you're the one who started harping about honesty.

Also, in regard to "evaluating the narrative" - how many space missions have you personally worked?

Also, exactly what evidence do you have for your claim that the A11 LRRR was placed by anything other than the crew of Apollo 11? No handwaving. Just any actual evidence for this particular claim.

Oh, and please provide a description of Luna 15's ability to conclusively image the A11 landing site from orbit; it certainly didn't do so in proximity (despite your previous claim that it "hovered about") as it landed a good fraction of the Moon's circumference away. I've worked on image tasking systems for high-resolution imaging satellites, so this ought to be good.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:49 PM   #119
Patrick1000
Banned

sts,

FYI sts, you seem to be under the impression that "fattydash" is ONE flesh and blood person who is a sock artist, ever finding his/her way back onto a site. Ironically, such is not the case. "Fattydash" is NOT one guy/gal.

To allay any anxieties here. My name is indeed Patrick. I am not the Apollohoax "fattydash" poster. Though admittedly I did copy some of the "fattydash" stuff and try and post it here for expediency's sake. I study similar materials obviously. I didn't realize there was a rule against such copying and I do sincerely apologize. I, Patrick, do promise to be the only person posting here under the user name Patrick1000.

Hope that was helpful sts.

Last edited by Patrick1000; 11th August 2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: study the>study
Old 12th August 2011, 12:02 AM   #120
sts60
Graduate Poster

That's funny. You tell us you're not fattydash, but you also tell us a story about the exact nature of fattydash.

Yes, you're fattydash and DoctorTea and all those other tedious sock-puppets. But it doesn't really matter; you're using the same bogus, self-contradictory arguments even if you weren't the same person. The questions stand.
Closed Thread

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories