JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices


Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags bigfoot

Reply
Old 30th October 2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Jack Wilkox
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Bigfoot is NOT real

If Bigfoot was real, where are the tracks?

How could there be one Bigfoot? Doesnt it ever die?

There is only one picture of Bigfoot and it was proven fake on Discovery Channel.

There was a guy named Wallace who admitted to being Bigfoot and hoaxing all the sightings by dressing up as Bigfoot. Also he hoaxed crop circles with a lawn mower, they showed it I believe on Discovery Channel.


Just some observations, food for thought, prove me wrong guys.
Jack Wilkox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes
 
Mudcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,827
Hello! Welcome to the boards;

Now, I don't disbelieve the conclusion but you might want to cool it and try to frame your argument better as it is all coming off as a rant.
__________________
The major problem with Ocham's Razor is that while the simplest answer may be the best answer that doesn't make it the only answer or the right one.


Kopji: A perfect utopia where everyone follows the rules is more like a hell than a heaven.
Mudcat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 04:17 PM   #3
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life
 
RedRatSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southie, Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,625
Originally Posted by Jack Wilkox View Post
If Bigfoot was real, where are the tracks?

How could there be one Bigfoot? Doesnt it ever die?

There is only one picture of Bigfoot and it was proven fake on Discovery Channel.

There was a guy named Wallace who admitted to being Bigfoot and hoaxing all the sightings by dressing up as Bigfoot. Also he hoaxed crop circles with a lawn mower, they showed it I believe on Discovery Channel.


Just some observations, food for thought, prove me wrong guys.
They cover up there tracks

Bigfoot is self generating

There was the Jacobs picture of a juvenile BF

Wallace made up the story that he made those tracks

“We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.”
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 04:47 PM   #4
ScannerHead
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Jack Wilkox View Post
There is only one picture of Bigfoot and it was proven fake on Discovery Channel.

There was a guy named Wallace who admitted to being Bigfoot and hoaxing all the sightings by dressing up as Bigfoot.


Just some observations, food for thought, prove me wrong guys.
Wallace never admitted to anything. That he "confessed" on his death bed is an urban legand. Prove me wrong with a documented citation.
ScannerHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Brian-M
Daydreamer
 
Brian-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Downunder
Posts: 5,855
Of course Bigfoot is real. I saw him on Futurama, so he must exist.

But there are many photos of Bigfoot that aren't faked. Here's one...



__________________
"That is just what you feel, that isn't reality." - hamelekim
Brian-M is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Gawdzilla
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy
 
Gawdzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern St. Louis County, Missouri.
Posts: 17,347
Originally Posted by Brian-M View Post
Of course Bigfoot is real. I saw him on Futurama, so he must exist.

But there are many photos of Bigfoot that aren't faked. Here's one...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Big_foot.JPG

You can see Bigfoot every day, where Lindbergh crosses I-270 in St. Louis.
__________________
World War II Diplomatic and Political Resources
Hyperwar, WWII Military History
Kido Butai did not transmit.
木戸舞台は、無線メッセージを送信しませんでした
Gawdzilla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 05:21 PM   #7
Jungle Jim
Muse
 
Jungle Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 673
Mr. Wilkox: If you had spent any time lurking on this site you would have found several threads regarding Bigfoot already in progress. I don't know why you felt your first post should be a new thread about this phenomenon, especially since it offers nothing new, clever or the least bit entertaining.
Jungle Jim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 05:27 PM   #8
Jack Wilkox
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by RedRatSnake View Post
They cover up there tracks

Bigfoot is self generating

There was the Jacobs picture of a juvenile BF

Wallace made up the story that he made those tracks

“We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.”
Bigfoot covering tracks - that kind of assumes bigfoot is always thinking about hiding. Thats more like an excuse that researchers use for never being able to find it. Also if you were bigfoot and you were the boss of the woods then why would you feel the need to hide? Even more interesting, why would you leave huge stick structures but hide footprints. And if bigfoot is always thinking about hiding from humans and so it covers its tracks, if it lives in the middle of nowhere there should be no humans to worry about so why hide?

Jacob - do you have a picture of a juvenile bigfoot? you should share it and give it to a bigfoot researcher.

Wallace - he admitted he was the man in the suit in the Bigfoot picture.
Jack Wilkox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 05:28 PM   #9
Jack Wilkox
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Its a good question though you have to admit Jungle Jim. Where is bigfoot?
Jack Wilkox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Jack Wilkox
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by ScannerHead View Post
Wallace never admitted to anything. That he "confessed" on his death bed is an urban legand. Prove me wrong with a documented citation.
It wont let me post a URL yet but theres the photo of Wallace holding the bigfoot boots and talking about being the man behind the suit.
Jack Wilkox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 05:46 PM   #11
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life
 
RedRatSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southie, Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,625
Not only do they cover there tracks, but BF can send out a sonic blast that will confuse a person and make em crap there pants, there also masters of the pine cone throwing technique and have been known to weave blankets.
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 05:55 PM   #12
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes
 
Mudcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,827
Originally Posted by Jack Wilkox View Post
It wont let me post a URL yet but theres the photo of Wallace holding the bigfoot boots and talking about being the man behind the suit.
Let me stop you right there by saying you are off to a bad start right there. You can't just say there a photo, have to source it as well. That's because the days of 'photo or it didn't happen' are over with. That's because of the wide availability of photo manipulation software like Photoshop, Gimp, Coreal, etc.

It's not that we think that you yourself altered a photo but it's entirely possible you got taken in by one.
__________________
The major problem with Ocham's Razor is that while the simplest answer may be the best answer that doesn't make it the only answer or the right one.


Kopji: A perfect utopia where everyone follows the rules is more like a hell than a heaven.
Mudcat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 06:01 PM   #13
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,178
There is so much wrong with the OP that I'm guessing Troll
__________________
SweatyYeti or Bill Munns would be my vote for looking at this - BFSleuth @ BFF
I've got plenty of common sense! I just choose to ignore it. - Calvin; October 15, 1986
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 06:19 PM   #14
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life
 
RedRatSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southie, Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,625
Ya i'll go with that
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 06:24 PM   #15
John Albert
Illuminator
 
John Albert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,143
"Deliberately obtuse" is the phrase that comes to mind.
__________________
“In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”
—Mark Twain
John Albert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 09:32 PM   #16
AlaskaBushPilot
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,747
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
There is so much wrong with the OP that I'm guessing Troll
Defense department social media "bot". Beta version. It is creating a profile based on open-source data harvesting, and it can sound a little mixed up until it adjusts from a random start position to its equilibrium settings.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2011, 11:25 PM   #17
Cheetah
Thinker
 
Cheetah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Africa
Posts: 127
But bigfoot is real, and there are MANY of them. Ever since the invention of the disposable razor they have moved out of the woods and infiltrated our society. The ones sometimes spotted at a distance in the wild are the die-hard conservatives of the species, there are not many of those though.

Last edited by Cheetah; 30th October 2011 at 11:27 PM.
Cheetah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 12:26 AM   #18
Roger Ramjets
Graduate Poster
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,039
Originally Posted by Jack Wilkox View Post
If Bigfoot was real, where are the tracks?
Pointless question. If tracks are found, they will not be evidence that Bigfoot exists. Bigfoot is a Cryptid, a type of paranormal phenomena. But the Paranormal does not exist by definition, therefore Bigfoot cannot exist!
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 12:38 AM   #19
Muldur
Master Poster
 
Muldur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,238
Originally Posted by Jack Wilkox View Post
It wont let me post a URL yet but theres the photo of Wallace holding the bigfoot boots and talking about being the man behind the suit.
Which proves exactly NOTHING. BF has been seen (and it's tracks) in many places over many many years, starting well before Wallace was born and continuing until today, well after his death. Unless you are proposing Wallace possessed both cloning technology AND time travel technology to allow him to traverse 1000s of miles an centuries of time.

In addition, Dr Jeff Meldrum, in his book "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" researched the claim that Wallace MIGHT have been responsible for a limited number of tracks in a particular place and time, and blows said claim (actually made by his kids) straight out of the water.
Muldur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 12:39 AM   #20
Muldur
Master Poster
 
Muldur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,238
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Pointless question. If tracks are found, they will not be evidence that Bigfoot exists. Bigfoot is a Cryptid, a type of paranormal phenomena. But the Paranormal does not exist by definition, therefore Bigfoot cannot exist!
Circular reasoning fallacy.
Muldur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 12:47 AM   #21
River
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,269
Originally Posted by Muldur View Post
Which proves exactly NOTHING. BF has been seen (and it's tracks) in many places over many many years, starting well before Wallace was born and continuing until today, well after his death. Unless you are proposing Wallace possessed both cloning technology AND time travel technology to allow him to traverse 1000s of miles an centuries of time.

In addition, Dr Jeff Meldrum, in his book "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" researched the claim that Wallace MIGHT have been responsible for a limited number of tracks in a particular place and time, and blows said claim (actually made by his kids) straight out of the water.
Meldrums theory about that is laughable, just like the theory that there is a 8-9 foot 400 lb ape undetected walking around the north american continent.

People claim to see all kinds of stuff. I'm starting to wonder if Meldrum is playing along or if he's really just refusing to see real evidence in a historic case of confirmation bias. Note the crack on the heel is visible in the print he says was made "after the fact"

Wow, nice attention to detail that Wallace. Making the wood crack there and stuff.

Meldrums attention to detail is....... sad.

Last edited by River; 31st October 2011 at 12:54 AM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 05:43 AM   #22
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 14,510
Quote:
BF has been seen (and it's tracks) in many places over many many years
None of which has ever been confirmed...such is only worth anything in informal conversations between people discussing the subject.

It's worth zero to science.

Wallace is confirmed. Wallace's tracks are definitely in bigfoot publications as examples of genuine tracks. Wallace's tracks have definitely been extolled by prominent bigfoot experts as genuine. To this day, in fact, Wallace tracks are held up as genuine by bigfoot proponents.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 05:51 AM   #23
Muldur
Master Poster
 
Muldur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,238
Originally Posted by River View Post
Meldrums theory about that is laughable, just like the theory that there is a 8-9 foot 400 lb ape undetected walking around the north american continent.
Argument from ridicule.

Quote:
People claim to see all kinds of stuff. I'm starting to wonder if Meldrum is playing along or if he's really just refusing to see real evidence in a historic case of confirmation bias. Note the crack on the heel is visible in the print he says was made "after the fact"
There is of course the possibility that he, utilizing scientific and other professional expertise, is aware of data that you are not. Have you personally examined the same tracks and the alleged stompers?

Quote:
Meldrums attention to detail is....... sad.
Good enough to catch the fact that the anatomic landmarks and other biometric indicators of the alleged stompers do not match those of casts the actual tracks taken in the wild. They DO possess similarities to the presentation casts that were given to various persons (including Wallace), which were altered with by adding clay before reproduction to improve their appearance.
Muldur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 05:55 AM   #24
Muldur
Master Poster
 
Muldur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,238
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
None of which has ever been confirmed...such is only worth anything in informal conversations between people discussing the subject.

It's worth zero to science.
Funny, last I looked, Drs Meldrum, et al had plenty of scientific degrees and expertise, and they find great value in at least some of those tracks.

Quote:
Wallace is confirmed.
False, as documented by various sources, including Dr Meldrum.

Quote:
Wallace's tracks are definitely in bigfoot publications as examples of genuine tracks. Wallace's tracks have definitely been extolled by prominent bigfoot experts as genuine. To this day, in fact, Wallace tracks are held up as genuine by bigfoot proponents.
There has not been a single shred of evidence presented that evidentiarily links any field-cast track to any alleged "Wallace stomper". There have been many unsubstantiated claims by Skeptics of such, but no evidence has been forthcoming.
Muldur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 05:57 AM   #25
Resume
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,701
Originally Posted by Muldur View Post
Which proves exactly NOTHING. BF has been seen (and it's tracks) in many places over many many years
So where are the bigfoot trails? I can show you game trails left by deer, elk, caribou, etc, shouldn't something the alleged size of footie leave a mark?
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 06:41 AM   #26
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 14,510
Originally Posted by Muldur View Post
Funny, last I looked, Drs Meldrum, et al had plenty of scientific degrees and expertise, and they find great value in at least some of those tracks.



False, as documented by various sources, including Dr Meldrum.



There has not been a single shred of evidence presented that evidentiarily links any field-cast track to any alleged "Wallace stomper". There have been many unsubstantiated claims by Skeptics of such, but no evidence has been forthcoming.
Fortunately most of us live in the real world, where what I wrote is true, and actually generous to footers.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 06:44 AM   #27
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 14,510
Muldur, I hate to break it to you, but this is a fake sasquatch footprint. About as obvious as it can get, too.

Skeptics aren't the only ones to notice.


__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 31st October 2011 at 06:45 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 07:09 AM   #28
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life
 
RedRatSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southie, Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,625
Originally Posted by River View Post

People claim to see all kinds of stuff. I'm starting to wonder if Meldrum is playing along or if he's really just refusing to see real evidence in a historic case of confirmation bias.
He is just going with it, there is no way to keep face and back down at this point he is way too deep into it.
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 07:55 AM   #29
Penemue
Scholar
 
Penemue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
Probably there is no such thing as Bigfoot.
But since he doesn't ask for tithes, I don't mind people believing in him so much.
Penemue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 08:34 AM   #30
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life
 
RedRatSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southie, Massachusetts.
Posts: 1,625
I got too say it is a fun subject, and it's even better hearing about all the super powers BF have, i am kinda jealous i don't have any of those, Man laser beam eyes would be awesome to help me cut threw sheet metal instead of using snips.
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 11:13 AM   #31
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,570
Originally Posted by Muldur View Post
Which proves exactly NOTHING. BF has been seen (and it's tracks) in many places over many many years, starting well before Wallace was born and continuing until today, well after his death. Unless you are proposing Wallace possessed both cloning technology AND time travel technology to allow him to traverse 1000s of miles an centuries of time.

In addition, Dr Jeff Meldrum, in his book "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" researched the claim that Wallace MIGHT have been responsible for a limited number of tracks in a particular place and time, and blows said claim (actually made by his kids) straight out of the water.
Meldrum is as RRS beat me to, damaged goods at this point. He has dubious side income as a celebrity and constantly dead horse of accredited scientist when you refuse to hear the opinions of yet another accredited scientist (saskeptic), you just come off looking silly.

Since you're here; here it is:

Noll: Trying to stay relevant visa vie the skookum elk lay
Meldrum: compromised due to a number of factors, money being one
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 11:20 AM   #32
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,570
Originally Posted by Muldur View Post
Funny, last I looked, Drs Meldrum, et al had plenty of scientific degrees and expertise, and they find great value in at least some of those tracks.



False, as documented by various sources, including Dr Meldrum.



There has not been a single shred of evidence presented that evidentiarily links any field-cast track to any alleged "Wallace stomper". There have been many unsubstantiated claims by Skeptics of such, but no evidence has been forthcoming.
It's almost amusing how you have to give Meldrum a plug in every post seemingly. He's not entirely credible on the subject, and I actually have an open mind to the subject as a whole. It's the online stuff that is 99% BS and that is where Meldrum makes his side income.
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 11:29 AM   #33
River
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,269
Originally Posted by Muldur View Post
Funny, last I looked, Drs Meldrum, et al had plenty of scientific degrees and expertise, and they find great value in at least some of those tracks.



False, as documented by various sources, including Dr Meldrum.



There has not been a single shred of evidence presented that evidentiarily links any field-cast track to any alleged "Wallace stomper". There have been many unsubstantiated claims by Skeptics of such, but no evidence has been forthcoming.
Which planet are you on Muldur? Here is a little bit in case you've been hiding for the last 50 years or so.







River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 11:46 AM   #34
Blackdog
Critical Thinker
 
Blackdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 470
He's seen that and he knows that, he won't admit it on the BFF and he certainly won't admit it here.

Meldrum thinks they are real and that's all that matters to Mulder because in Mulder's mind Melrum is infallible.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 12:00 PM   #35
The Shrike
Master Poster
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,392
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
. . . in Mulder's mind Melrum is infallible.
Now I wanna see Meldrum's face Photoshopped on a cover of Tiger Beat magazine. Get to it, JREF!

Muldur, don't say I never did anything nice for you . . .
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 01:21 PM   #36
River
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,269
Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Now I wanna see Meldrum's face Photoshopped on a cover of Tiger Beat magazine. Get to it, JREF!

Muldur, don't say I never did anything nice for you . . .
rofl

River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 02:13 PM   #37
Jack Wilkox
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
I believe Wallace even tricked Jeff Meldrum. I recall Meldrum saying he had a real cast, but then it turned out to have been faked by Wallace himself. Roger Wallace also filmed the Patterson film so how can that film be trusted?

Last edited by Jack Wilkox; 31st October 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Jack Wilkox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 02:15 PM   #38
Jack Wilkox
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Also if they hide their tracks, why do they smash trees and make stick buildings and twist sticks? Seems almost like he wants to be found.
Jack Wilkox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 02:19 PM   #39
ScannerHead
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Jack Wilkox View Post
I believe Wallace even tricked Jeff Meldrum. I recall Meldrum saying he had a real cast, but then it turned out to have been faked by Wallace himself. Roger Wallace also filmed the Patterson film so how can that film be trusted?
Just HOW THE HELL did Wallace film "Roger Patterson's Film"?

What conversation are you in?
ScannerHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2011, 02:22 PM   #40
The Shrike
Master Poster
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,392
Originally Posted by River View Post
rofl
I enjoyed that even more than I thought I would.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2001-2013, James Randi Educational Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.