JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags Usleman Hulderman

Old 28th December 2011, 06:15 AM   #1
cgaduck
Student

2012 Predictions of Dr Roxanne Hulderman

Roxanne Usleman Hulderman, Ph.D., is an internationally renowned Psychic, Metaphysician, and Parapsychologist. Because of the extraordinary accuracy of her psychic predictions and profound channeled information, she has been on CNN, CNBC, NBC, Fox News Channel, (where she predicted the events of 911)*, Night Line, Good Morning America, Bravo, NPR, as well as The New York Times, Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire. Here are her psychic predictions for 2012.

*I can find no source or evidence for this claim of predicting 911 and therefore assign it to the ******** bin. NO Psychic predicted 911. Anyway, on to the good Doctor's predictions (what is she a Doctor of again?)

http://www.spiritnow.com/article/201..._for_2012_1133

Edited by jhunter1163:  Edited for Rule 4. Do not post large blocks of text in their entirety. Links are OK.

Last edited by jhunter1163; 31st December 2011 at 04:53 AM.
cgaduck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 06:51 AM   #2
philkensebben
Graduate Poster

So the end of the world is nigh, but its apparently important to know that Brad and Angelina are splittling up?
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Good, we can check in one year. I could use a good laugh. Including the things which are happening already, which are thus not predictions, like increased natural gas production with its jobs, market volatility, the economy is in a hole, and that Perry and Romney are doing well.

How about predicting who will be nominated, as well as any significant 3rd party candidates like Trump or Paul, as well as the winner of the general election?

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader

I'm going to say exactly the opposite of everything she predicts. No need to make a list, just tally it next season and see who has a better list of predictions. (Don't anyone take the bet - it's a sucker bet. No psychic has ever gotten more than 30% right, even when you really bend things in their favour.)

That's even conceding her nonsense like "Taylor Swift will be in a movie" - Swift has an agent, has already made one small appearance and done a walk-on in another, and is obviously out there trying to get roles. Hollywood? They'll hire anyone.

And by "opposite", I really mean just saying "no" to her "yes" and vice versa. E.G. someone will break up. No they won't.
E.G. someone will get pregnant. Nope.
E.G. The Dow wiill crash to below 700. No it won't.

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 07:36 AM   #5
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by cgaduck View Post
...what is she a Doctor of again?...
Well, considering her predictions include the following:

Quote:
A Solar Star Dwarf from the sun breaking off causing damage to the earth.
...we can be comfortably certain that her doctorate is not in astrophysics.
Old 28th December 2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Marduk
Banned

Roxanne Usleman Hulderman, Ph.D., is an internationally renowned Psychic, Metaphysician, and Parapsychologist. Because of the extraordinary accuracy of her psychic predictions and profound channeled information, she has been on CNN, CNBC, NBC, Fox News Channel, (where she predicted the events of 911)*, Night Line, Good Morning America, Bravo, NPR, as well as The New York Times, Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire.
Originally Posted by wiki
Did you mean: Rosanne Hulbrown
She doesn't have a wiki page
Don't you know, if she doesn't have a wiki page she doesn't really exist

Last edited by Marduk; 28th December 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Marduk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Lisa Simpson
Evil Minion
Administrator

Quote:
. Spiritual evolvement on this third dimension expands the fight between good and evil.
I love predictions that are impossible to prove.

Facts are satanic litter on the heavenly highway to blind faith! - Betty Bowers
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by philkensebben View Post
So the end of the world is nigh, but its apparently important to know that Brad and Angelina are splittling up?
Thanks!

That is just about what I was thinking too.
On 10 JUN 2014, 'Gaeten’ claimed that it was Satan who provided the Ten Commandments to Moses. “This is not God who gave the Moses law to Moses but Satan, and the reason why he did that is because he wants people to go to hell.”
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.p...6#post10065066

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 08:04 AM   #9
cgaduck
Student

I think we can all take comfort in the fact that the 3rd and 4th dimensions will merge and that despite the North and South Poles reversing their positions causing the Great Pyramids in Egypt to be destroyed,Paris Hilton will get hitched. Sounds a lot like a typical night on Fox news.
cgaduck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 08:57 AM   #10
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by Lisa Simpson View Post
I love predictions that are impossible to prove.
I predicted you would say those exact words!
Old 28th December 2011, 09:01 AM   #11
Baloney
Muse

Her lack of understanding of the physical world is not nearly is mind-blowing as I would have thought.

26. The Middle East explodes in a violent nuclear war between countries.
27. In the world catastrophes, many will survive, rebuilding the earth in a more positive evolved way.
7. Jennifer Lopez seen out dating numerous Hollywood hotties.

@JLo. How can you think of dating around while we're rebuilding the Earth!!
Old 28th December 2011, 09:10 AM   #12
OomenNL
New Blood

Well, seems to me if you put a little effort in a list like that, you might actually get a few things right.

No doubt she is getting payed for it as well.
OomenNL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 04:01 PM   #13
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Mod InfoSorry for the disruption folks; the thread had become inaccessible due to a parsing error in a post. For the moment, I've deleted the post....and re-opened the thread (I had closed it while working on it).
Posted By:Locknar
Old 28th December 2011, 04:10 PM   #14
MNBrant
Master Poster

I predict that I will be a father in 2012, and the child will be perfectly normal. crosses fingers
MNBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 04:31 PM   #15
Thinker

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb and say she doesn't have a doctorate at all, or at the very least using it to make her claims seem credible.
100 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 04:56 PM   #16
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

ti
Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
Mod InfoSorry for the disruption folks; the thread had become inaccessible due to a parsing error in a post. For the moment, I've deleted the post....and re-opened the thread (I had closed it while working on it).
Posted By:Locknar
Thank you.
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 05:44 PM   #17
Loss Leader
Opinionated Jerk

Okay, the earliest reference I found to her qualifications is on her website from 1998 via Wayback Machine.

Originally Posted by Usleman bio
Roxanne is a world-class Psychic, Metaphysician and Parapsychologist who has gained prominence because of the extraordinary accuracy of her psychic predictions. This includes private readings and global happenings. As a psychic consultant, her clients include businesses and professionals, people in the media, and major corporations. She is a psychic investigator and is sought-after to uncover previously unsolved crime cases and find missing persons.

Roxanne is a graduate of the Arthur Ford Academy of Mediumship. She is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, an Interfaith Minister, a Traditional Reiki Master, and holds a Doctorate in Metaphysical Science.
By the way, her bio hasn't changed by a single word in thirteen years. From her current website:

Quote:
Roxanne is a world-class Psychic, Metaphysician and Parapsychologist who has gained prominence because of the extraordinary accuracy of her psychic predictions. This includes private readings and global happenings. As a psychic consultant, her clients include businesses and professionals, people in the media, and major corporations.
She is a psychic investigator and is sought-after to uncover previously unsolved crime cases and find missing persons.

Interestingly, the title "Doctorate of Metaphysical Science" is claimed to be a copyright owned by the University of Metaphysics and University of Sedona. From their website:

Quote:
The title “Doctor of Metaphysical Science,” and the degree letters “Msc.D.” and “Doctor Metaphysical Counseling,” and the degree letters “Mc.D” are copyrighted and may not be used by any other school or organization.

Although the degree they give is titled "Msc.D", Usleman calls herself a "Ph.D".

Consuling a list of doctors of metaphysics from the American Metaphysical Doctors Association, one does not find Roxanne anywhere. All of the "universities" and the AMDA are the creation of Paul Leon Masters. His universities are, of course, unaccredited (although you can read a very passionate defense of why that's a good thing here).

There is at least one organization that pretends to give a metaphysics Ph.D. The online Metaphysics Institute offers a 16-course Ph.D program, but they call their's "Doctor of Metaphysical Humanistic Science."

So Usleman (and congratulations to her on getting married at some point) not only claims to have an unaccredited degree, but claims to have an unaccredited degree that does not exist.

I hope all her predictions come true.

Follow me on Twitter! @LossLeader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 05:51 PM   #18
chuck4842
Muse

I predict that if one of her hundreds of predictions come true, James Randi will hand her a check worth a million north korean currencies.
Old 28th December 2011, 06:08 PM   #19
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post

Unless the Clown College is giving doctorates now I find no evidence that she has a degree in anything unless it is Barnum-ology.

I did search for Einstein and the bees.

Quote:
Albert Einstein died in 1955. The quote above first appears in 1994. Do the math.
This claim first appears in literature handed out during a 1994 protest by European bee-keepers who were demonstrating against greater imports of honey. As such, it appears to be a mis-quote of Einstein. Einstein's few known references to bees and other insects were made by way of a comparison of mankind with insects.
http://www.2012hoax.org/7-reasons

Old 28th December 2011, 06:51 PM   #20
Wolrab
Master Poster

I'm the one that F'ed up the thread! I still think my post is relevant so I'll repost it in an edited form.

Quick google gives her (and other charlatans psychics) 2010 predictions.

Triple W.boomers-write.com/2010predictions.html

“Hulderman foresees global financial corporations and banks around the world beginning to merge. There will be a banking crisis with many failing, bankruptcies, long lines and even riots in the streets. She also says the value of gold will soar to new heights and a new gold-backed currency will be developed. Silver will also rise in value. Oil will fluctuate and then “go through the roof.” She adds that food prices will rise due to inflation.
Hulderman predicts an earthquake will occur in the San Francisco or San Bernardino area but not overly severe. A tsunami will also happen and she predicts that high levels of toxic chemicals and pollutants like estrogen will cause major health problems and water shortages.

Hulderman predicts relations between the U.S. and North Korea, China, Iran, Russia, Venezuela and other countries will lead to serious confrontation and possible nuclear war.

Hulderman predicts an overall rise in terrorism. She adds that a dirty bomb will explode in a large metropolitan city (Loss Angeles, New York or Chicago) and a prominent U.S. government official will be assassinated.

Hulderman predicts a famous celebrity whose first name is Elizabeth and who already has health problems will pass away. This occurrence will mark the “beginning to the end of the world.”

Hulderman predicts many unusual extraterrestrial sightings will occur over the next 2-3 years.”
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 08:28 PM   #21
I Am He
Critical Thinker

I don't know about you Guy's but I've got work to do. While you're arguing about Ph-D's and stuff I'll be on my way to Egypt to shore up those Pyramids, After all, with out them we're in deep doo doo.

I Am He
Old 28th December 2011, 09:05 PM   #22
Learjet
Thinker

It seems she is.... Doctor Who?!
Learjet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2011, 11:45 PM   #23
Thinker

Also,
Quote:
9. Stock Market and the financial sector on the decline, creating a "1929" depression in The United States and Europe.
Canada's invulnerable to a depression! Yay!
100 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2011, 03:07 AM   #24
cgaduck
Student

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Okay, the earliest reference I found to her qualifications is on her website from 1998 via Wayback Machine.

By the way, her bio hasn't changed by a single word in thirteen years. From her current website:

Interestingly, the title "Doctorate of Metaphysical Science" is claimed to be a copyright owned by the University of Metaphysics and University of Sedona. From their website:

Although the degree they give is titled "Msc.D", Usleman calls herself a "Ph.D".

Consuling a list of doctors of metaphysics from the American Metaphysical Doctors Association, one does not find Roxanne anywhere. All of the "universities" and the AMDA are the creation of Paul Leon Masters. His universities are, of course, unaccredited (although you can read a very passionate defense of why that's a good thing here).

There is at least one organization that pretends to give a metaphysics Ph.D. The online Metaphysics Institute offers a 16-course Ph.D program, but they call their's "Doctor of Metaphysical Humanistic Science."

So Usleman (and congratulations to her on getting married at some point) not only claims to have an unaccredited degree, but claims to have an unaccredited degree that does not exist.

Nice bit of Detective work there Loss Leader
Old 29th December 2011, 03:50 AM   #25
BravesFan
Banned

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post

I love that she's a World Class Psychic!! I didn't know they had divisions like that. Is there some sort of internship or mentoring plan going on? Are they union? Are there lots of Journeyman Psychics or Psychic 3rd Class running around.

And all this time I thought the only two designations were "Run of the Mill" and "Blood Sucking Ruiner of All Thats Good in the World"
BravesFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2011, 05:06 AM   #26
cgaduck
Student

I can find anything online that backs up this bold claim

She has been on CNN, CNBC, NBC, Fox News Channel, (where she predicted the events of 911)

Last edited by cgaduck; 29th December 2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 29th December 2011, 06:32 AM   #27
Loss Leader
Opinionated Jerk

I can find anything online that backs up this bold claim

She has been on CNN, CNBC, NBC, Fox News Channel, (where she predicted the events of 911)

Her website has links to her TV appearances on all those networks and more. There's no link to a FOX segment. Nor does she appear to predict 911 anywhere.

Almost to a one, the TV clips are segments about how the psychic-medium industry is picking up steam even in a down economy. The "reporting" doesn't really go much beyond asking a couple psychics how their businesses are doing. Their claims to be consultants to wall street fund managers, corporate CEO's and other luminaries are not seriously challenged.

Follow me on Twitter! @LossLeader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2011, 12:31 AM   #28
Miss_Kitt
Zombie Horse of Homeopathy

I ended up bailing out on reading the predictions when I got to the 20th one that was nothing more than a continuation of current events--specifically in politics and economics. Not that it takes a genius to predict that various celebrities will appear in a movie or get nominated for an award. Then there are the untestable predictions...about what's happening in other dimensions or with our spiritual development.

Sigh. I was hoping for a bit more to shoot at.

Magic thinking is a lead personal floatation device. It looks really reassuring, but it will drag you down--whatthebutlersaw
Miss_Kitt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2011, 12:42 AM   #29
Madalch
The Jester

Do we have a list of her 2011 predictions to laugh at?
Old 30th December 2011, 02:38 AM   #30
cgaduck
Student

Found her predictions for 2010

Economy/Finances:

Hulderman foresees global financial corporations and banks around the world beginning to merge. There will be a banking crisis with many failing, bankruptcies, long lines and even riots in the streets. She also says the value of gold will soar to new heights and a new gold-backed currency will be developed. Silver will also rise in value. Oil will fluctuate and then “go through the roof.” She adds that food prices will rise due to inflation.

Environment/Weather:

Hulderman predicts an earthquake will occur in the San Francisco or San Bernardino area but not overly severe. A tsunami will also happen and she predicts that high levels of toxic chemicals and pollutants like estrogen will cause major health problems and water shortages.

Warfare:

Hulderman predicts relations between the U.S. and North Korea, China, Iran, Russia, Venezuela and other countries will lead to serious confrontation and possible nuclear war.

Terrorism:

Hulderman predicts an overall rise in terrorism. She adds that a dirty bomb will explode in a large metropolitan city (Loss Angeles, New York or Chicago) and a prominent U.S. government official will be assassinated.

Celebrities:

Hulderman predicts a famous celebrity whose first name is Elizabeth and who already has health problems will pass away. This occurrence will mark the “beginning to the end of the world.”

Space:

Hulderman predicts many unusual extraterrestrial sightings will occur over the next 2-3 years.
Old 30th December 2011, 08:58 AM   #31
Alice Shortcake
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Chelsea Clinton pregnant with child.
I'd be surprised were she pregnant with anything else.
Old 30th December 2011, 12:46 PM   #32
Ladewig
Hipster alien

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I did search for Einstein and the bees.
When I came down to that prediction I said to myself, "how can so much wrong be packed into one sentence."

Then I read the rest of the list.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2011, 01:57 PM   #33
Irish Murdoch
Critical Thinker

I think we can all take comfort in the fact that the 3rd and 4th dimensions will merge
Are you kidding? I absolutely hate it when the third and fourth dimensions merge!
Old 30th December 2011, 09:06 PM   #34
Ladewig
Hipster alien

Originally Posted by Irish Murdoch View Post
Are you kidding? I absolutely hate it when the third and fourth dimensions merge!
Yeah, but you got to admit that even then it is not as bad as when the first and second dimensions merge.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2011, 09:13 PM   #35
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Yeah, but you got to admit that even then it is not as bad as when the first and second dimensions merge.
Yes. I've noted that Möbius does not post here any more.
Old 31st December 2011, 02:16 AM   #36
Madalch
The Jester

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Yes. I've noted that Möbius does not post here any more.
He was banned for posting pictures of himself stripping, wasn't he?
Old 31st December 2011, 04:09 PM   #37
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Madalch View Post
He was banned for posting pictures of himself stripping, wasn't he?

True. But I don't miss him because I always found his posts too one-sided.
Old 31st December 2011, 04:26 PM   #38
Lisa Simpson
Evil Minion
Administrator

Quote:
Not-overly-severe earthquakes happen in San Fran and San Berdo all the time. Also, San Bernardino is fairly far inland. I can't see an earthquake there causing a tsunami.

Facts are satanic litter on the heavenly highway to blind faith! - Betty Bowers
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2011, 05:19 PM   #39
Madalch
The Jester

http://www.spiritnow.com/article/201..._for_2012_1133

Edited by jhunter1163:  Edited for Rule 4. Do not post large blocks of text in their entirety. Links are OK.
I object to the editing. Next year, we'll want to see the list so that we can see exactly how many of them came true, and SpiritNow will surely remove the link before March (since something unpredicted will have happened by then).
Old 31st December 2011, 10:59 PM   #40
Bitsko
Scholar

If someone is "extraordinarily accurate," what are they doing on Fox? Sounds a mite contradictory to me.
Bitsko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal