JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices


Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags galileo gambit

Reply
Old 6th November 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Jerrymander
Scholar
 
Jerrymander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 115
Arguments you're tired of hearing from fringe theory supporters

"You're just close-minded".

"We're challenging the dogma of the mainstream".

"They said Galileo was wrong too".
Jerrymander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 33,581
"This is a paradigm shift."
__________________
Are you an ex-Truther? Please share your story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Australasian Skeptics Forum.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,559
"Yes, but you cant explain it..."
"But assume they saw a UFO, then aliens must be real."
"You cant trust that. The establishment would have to lie about X"
"Science doesnt answer everything. Allow me to fill in the blanks."
"As a mother (or other unrelated trump card)"
"Is this person a LIAR? Because for some reason people can't be mistaken or misinformed"
"Im not racist, but I my reasons clearly are..."
"Stop asking for evidence you troll!"
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 10:56 PM   #4
StankApe
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,643
"Prove that it doesn't exist!"


that one makes me want to shoot people in the foot, so I can got to prison, do a little time, get in better shape, come back bigger,meaner and stronger , get out, track them down and beat them with a telephone pole...
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Stray Cat
Philosopher
 
Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Land That Time Forgot
Posts: 6,805
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

and

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

are both equally as stunningly pointless as arguments and often quoted as if they are actual facts and not lines spoken by fictional characters written by people who believed in magic.
__________________
It's only my madness that stops me from going insane!
Stray Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2012, 11:50 PM   #6
Squeegee Beckenheim
Philosopher
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,413
"[scientific theory] is just a theory"
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 12:44 AM   #7
Flo
Master Poster
 
Flo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Massongy, France
Posts: 2,991
"It's too complex for such an unenlightned and close-minded person like you to understand"

to which I usually answer: "I'm not responsible for the fact that you don't understand your own ******** to the point of being unable to explain it in plain English/French"
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 01:33 AM   #8
23_Tauri
Illuminator
 
23_Tauri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 4,947
"Science doesn't know everything" said Storm.

Yawn.
__________________
Little Miss Witchcraft, she's not made of straw.
23_Tauri is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 02:18 AM   #9
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing
 
catsmate1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dublin (the one in Ireland)
Posts: 11,182
Picture of [person x] with quote attributed to them.
Bonus if the quote is a fake.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 03:18 AM   #10
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: On the Flanders/Nederland border.
Posts: 35,445
''There are unknown unknowns that we don't know anything about.''
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Quietus
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 102
"Do you believe everything government/the media/Big Pharma/etc tell you?"
Quietus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 04:43 AM   #12
Killbot007
New Blood
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Station 5 - The Pearl
Posts: 13
"There are no transitional fossils." I don't know if young earthers count as a fringe group though.

Last edited by Killbot007; 7th November 2012 at 04:44 AM.
Killbot007 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 05:00 AM   #13
Squeegee Beckenheim
Philosopher
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,413
"Einstein believed in God".

1) no he didn't.
2) so what? That wouldn't make him right even if it were true.

This applies to any similar appeal to authority.

Also, any time anyone refers to science as a religion. Ditto for atheism.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 06:56 AM   #14
Moon-Spinner
Graduate Poster
 
Moon-Spinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Within a star too far to dream of
Posts: 1,581
"There wouldn't be so many books written about (fill in the blank) if it wasn't true!"

Yes, a book dealer actually said that to me a few years ago.

Last edited by Moon-Spinner; 7th November 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Moon-Spinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 07:09 AM   #15
Resume
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10,234
The peer-reviewed paper will be published soon.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 07:11 AM   #16
Hellbound
Abiogenic Spongiform
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 9,917
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
The peer-reviewed paper will be published soon.
Or "The paper was published! It's in "Uncle Al's Totally True Parapsychology Journal", Vol 1 issue 1!"
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 07:20 AM   #17
John Albert
Illuminator
 
John Albert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,143
"Science is also responsible for things like the atomic bomb, Chernobyl, Agent Orange, human experimentation and "Franken-foods." With a track record like that, you still trust it?"
__________________
“In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”
—Mark Twain
John Albert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 07:47 AM   #18
Max_mang
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

Also, any time anyone refers to science as a religion. Ditto for atheism.
Yea, those two make me nuts.
"You have faith in science."
"Atheism is a belief."
"Randi is your god."

And so on.
Max_mang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 07:56 AM   #19
Stray Cat
Philosopher
 
Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Land That Time Forgot
Posts: 6,805
Originally Posted by Max_mang View Post
"Randi is your god."
Old dude with a white beard... can't just be coincidence.
__________________
It's only my madness that stops me from going insane!
Stray Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 07:58 AM   #20
Beelzebuddy
Master Poster
 
Beelzebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,352
"MYTH: probably the truth. FACT: my goofy-ass, almost certainly false idea."
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 08:34 AM   #21
Moon-Spinner
Graduate Poster
 
Moon-Spinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Within a star too far to dream of
Posts: 1,581
Often used in defending the Bible - "Why would they bother writing it down if it wasn't true?"

And related - "Why would the ancients have any reason to lie/make-up stories?"
Moon-Spinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 08:34 AM   #22
HansMustermann
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,341
I'd say the crackpot index is probably a good checklist for the most overused such claims, arguments and even irrelevant rants packaged together with the actual claim.
__________________
Which part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
HansMustermann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 08:37 AM   #23
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,486
"Look at this [insert relic here] is has ambiguous [insert writing,symbols or pictures here] that might be evidence of [insert ludicrous claim here]"
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 08:54 AM   #24
Almo
Masterblazer
 
Almo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,586
Quantum Mechanics means everything has an effect on everything else! Your mind can change physical objects at a distance because of this.
__________________
Almo!
My Blog
"No society ever collapsed because the poor had too much." — LeftySergeant
"It may be that there is no body really at rest, to which the places and motions of others may be referred." –Issac Newton in the Principia
Almo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 10:22 AM   #25
Kilaak Kommander
Critical Thinker
 
Kilaak Kommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Happy Valley
Posts: 336
The Monty Python Black Knight "Alright, we'll call it a draw" approach.

Example:
Skeptic - "You can clearly see the word 'FRISBEE' on the bottom of the supposed alien craft."

Woo - "It's possible that the craft is marked with characters in an alien language that our minds are misinterpreting as 'FRISBEE'. Or perhaps we are seeing a reflection from a FRISBEE corporate jet that is flying below the craft but out of frame. We cannot rule out these possibilities. I have successfully countered your point. We'll call it a draw."
Kilaak Kommander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 10:25 AM   #26
John Albert
Illuminator
 
John Albert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,143
A favorite among conspiracists:

"Finding faults with one interpretation of events strengthens the validity of all other interpretations by default."
__________________
“In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”
—Mark Twain
John Albert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 10:50 AM   #27
Spockette
Scholar
 
Spockette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 109
Thank you all for my daily yuks! I especially loved the Frisbee one.
Spockette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 11:07 AM   #28
Squeegee Beckenheim
Philosopher
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,413
Originally Posted by Almo View Post
Quantum Mechanics means everything has an effect on everything else! Your mind can change physical objects at a distance because of this.
You pretty much don't need anything other than the first two words of that post. Quantum mechanics explains all paranormal phenomena. Because it's quantum. Like James Bond.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 11:08 AM   #29
Squeegee Beckenheim
Philosopher
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,413
Originally Posted by John Albert View Post
A favorite among conspiracists:

"Finding faults with one interpretation of events strengthens the validity of all other interpretations by default."
Occasionally rendered as: "finding faults with one interpretation of events strengthens the validity of my specific interpretation by default". The Theory of Evolution doesn't explain absolutely everything about life as we know it, therefore God.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 11:10 AM   #30
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,559
"I have no reason to disbelieve the person who validates my world view, and I dislike you pointing out there is no evidence to support their claim. But at the same time I rabidly refuse to accept any other claims, quotes, or testemony that offers an alternate view of events and insist they are lies."
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 11:13 AM   #31
Ron_Tomkins
Satan's Helper
 
Ron_Tomkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 35,121
Well, mine isn't so much a catch phrase as much as it is a common argument I have whenever I argue on the topic of what being closed minded is.

On another forum, I've been arguing what a closed minded person was. There's this individual who says she will not date anyone who doesn't agree with her political beliefs. I said on a thread I made, that I find that to be closed minded, because you're deciding a priori, that you won't give any person who doesn't agree with your beliefs, even the chance of getting to know them.

So this person who disagrees with me gave me the old, stupid analogy, of the person who doesn't like avocado and thus, decides he will never eat avocados, and why that wouldn't mean that they are close minded. Which is of course a stupid analogy, because if you don't like avocado once, you know every single time you have another one, what it's going to taste like. All avocados taste pretty much the same. Not the case with this thing we call human beings. Not all Republicans, for instance, are the same. Not all Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin. Not all Capitalists believe that money is the ultimate goal. So to scrap out human individuals based on a generic Ideology is closed minded on two instances: 1) because you're closing access to a great percentage of people based on a pigeonhole mentality. 2) Because such mentality actually does not reflect the reality you live in.

So I would say the "food" analogy is one of the arguments I am most tired of hearing.
__________________
"I am a collection of water, calcium and organic molecules called Carl Sagan"

Carl Sagan
Ron_Tomkins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 11:44 AM   #32
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino
 
LarianLeQuella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Posts: 2,008
All of them...
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 01:38 PM   #33
Burning Beard
Muse
 
Burning Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 544
Lately I've had quite a few people accuse me of being a paid shill that spreads disinfo on the internet. I'm not actually tired of that one though.

I get tired of the "sheeple" argument. "You're just one of the sheeple who believes what the mainstream tells you to."
__________________
Check out my heavy metal version of the Doctor Who theme... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_9g2nXpYl0

And my Surf Guitar version... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WioJ...eRkAD3bh1dU_gF
Burning Beard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 01:43 PM   #34
ShadowSot
Muse
 
ShadowSot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 875
While fundamentalists aren't exactly fringe, I get very tired of being told the Bible is the only book I should need, while my critique OF the Bible is met with being told I should read X book by Y author in order to properly understand it.
__________________
I love this crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life.
- Darryl Worley
The Stupid! It burns!
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 01:57 PM   #35
StankApe
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,643
"uninformed" or "closed minded"


and it gets used by people on this board pushing their political agendas too, not just fringe thinkers. It's intellectually dishonest, presumptive, and it tries to insinuate some moral superiority on the part of the speaker,(when all it really means is "your opinion i different than mine thus you must be stupid")

that one has driven me to punch someone in the face in person before. but I'm an angry person
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 02:06 PM   #36
Burning Beard
Muse
 
Burning Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 544
Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
That one drives me nuts!

Various quotes from Einstein relating to god that get mis-used bug me too.

Invoking Tesla as if he's some magic silver bullet also grinds my gears.
__________________
Check out my heavy metal version of the Doctor Who theme... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_9g2nXpYl0

And my Surf Guitar version... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WioJ...eRkAD3bh1dU_gF
Burning Beard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 02:36 PM   #37
jdc324
Muse
 
jdc324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 577
Whataboutery

There's a kind of response I sometimes get along the lines of 'why have you written about this when there's more important things you could be writing about?' So if I write about an alternative therapist, someone complains about doctors. If I write about a doctor, someone complains about Big Pharma. And so on. There's always someone who thinks I should be writing about what they think is important rather than what I'm interested in. (To be fair, some of them might have a point.)

Couple of nice replies to an example of that sort of comment here at the Quackometer in the comments section: http://www.quackometer.net/blog/2012...-academic.html

Quote:
Mark, I am sorry of my choice of blog topic offends you and that you feel that I should be talking about something else. Please supply me with a list of all bad things in the world, ranked in order of total harm and then let me know when it is possible to start criticising homeopaths and their antics.

Thankyou.
Quote:
And there is obviously scope for one to spend one’s own spare time on things that one actually finds interesting. I find the wacky world of SCAM interesting hence the time I am prepared to devote to exploring its inanities.

Why, Cybertiger, do you spend your time bitching about the criticism of SCAM when Syria is in flames? Off you go and sort that out. Then get back to us once you’re done.

Mr Pot, please say hello to Mr Kettle.
__________________
Bumbling charlatan
jdc324 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 03:21 PM   #38
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 13,848
The coelacanth.
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 03:27 PM   #39
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 13,319
"Just answer the question."

Particularly when "the question" is an evasion of the complexities of the system being discussed. It's almost always nothing more than a way to avoid addressing those complexities, and is almost always an attempt to dictate the terms of the conversation.
__________________
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2012, 03:32 PM   #40
Ferguson
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by John Albert View Post
"Science is also responsible for things like the atomic bomb, Chernobyl, Agent Orange, human experimentation and "Franken-foods." With a track record like that, you still trust it?"
I actually had a christian woman I'm friends with say almost exactly that to me a few days ago... in an argument about whether prayer worked or not. I was gobsmacked.

ETA: Atomic bomb and GMO's were two of the reasons she gave not to "trust" science. It still blows my mind. The atomic bomb and GMO's quite obviously work.

Last edited by Ferguson; 7th November 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Ferguson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2001-2013, James Randi Educational Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.