JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 12th November 2012, 09:13 AM   #1
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Elmo Has Inappropriate Relationship With Teenage Boy

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/12...een/?hpt=hp_t3

I wonder of he tickled him?

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Monketey Ghost
Body of Work

Voice of.

The Muppet is innocent!

SSKCAS, member in long standing

"Others, however, will call me the world's sexiest killing machine, who's fun at parties."
Monketey Ghost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
korenyx
Muse

What's the age of consent in New York? In Kansas it's sixteen.
korenyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Brown
Penultimate Amazing

This is the result of federal funding, isn't it?

"Don't you get me wrong. I only want to know." -- Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar, lyrics by Tim Rice
Brown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by korenyx View Post
It is 17 in New York State but sex with a 16 year-old is a misdemeanor. With that said, no evidence that anything sexual happened. With that said, the Children's Television Workshop conducted a through investigation of the matter....because that is their specialty.
Old 12th November 2012, 10:29 AM   #6
kajata
Master Poster

Nine, if related.
kajata is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 10:32 AM   #7
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by kajata View Post
Nine, if related.
Hey! That's only in Upstate!
Old 12th November 2012, 10:37 AM   #8
Craig4
Philosopher

Elmo is voiced by a guy?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Elmo is voiced by a guy?
Be prepared...so is Bart Simpson.
Old 12th November 2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Stacko
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
Nancy Cartwright is a man?
Stacko is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Monketey Ghost
Body of Work

Nein!

Bart is voiced by a Scientologist.

SSKCAS, member in long standing

"Others, however, will call me the world's sexiest killing machine, who's fun at parties."
Monketey Ghost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 02:04 PM   #12
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Say it ain't so Elmo.......

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 02:08 PM   #13
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Wait until I tell my 4 year old neice.

The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 02:16 PM   #14
kajata
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
Wait until I tell my 4 year old neice.
Now, now. That's not niece.
kajata is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 02:18 PM   #15
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Originally Posted by Monketey Ghost View Post
Bart is voiced by a Scientologist.
That's more scary then her being a woman.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

On Sesame Street, underage sex is sponsored by the numbers 6 and 9.
Old 12th November 2012, 03:10 PM   #17
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

This will just drive Bert and Ernie even deeper into the closet.
Old 12th November 2012, 03:11 PM   #18
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Aside from having that backwards, there are also some female animation characters voiced by male actors. In particular, I'm thinking of Linda and Tina from "Bob's Burgers".
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 07:41 PM   #19
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

It is 17 in New York State but sex with a 16 year-old is a misdemeanor. With that said, no evidence that anything sexual happened. With that said, the Children's Television Workshop conducted a through investigation of the matter....because that is their specialty.
They investigated because that's who this young man (twenty three presently) went to instead of the police. He still hasn't pressed any charges and only has one year left to do so.
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 11:06 PM   #20
Halfcentaur
Philosopher

Wow, I just watched a documentary about him and they never mentioned he was gay. His marriage had a lot of trouble and he didn't get to see his daughter much, which was a large focus of the documentary.

Kevin Clash also voiced Master Splinter in the TMNT movies.
Halfcentaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2012, 11:33 PM   #21
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
They investigated because that's who this young man (twenty three presently) went to instead of the police. He still hasn't pressed any charges and only has one year left to do so.
And according to the article there is no mention of anything of an illegal sexual nature.
Old 13th November 2012, 03:18 AM   #22
uk_dave
Philosopher

Maybe 'Newsnight' should investigate......
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 04:10 AM   #23
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
And according to the article there is no mention of anything of an illegal sexual nature.
The article made no clear mention of anything.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 04:00 PM   #24
Walrus32
Critical Thinker

I understand Tyco has a hot new toy coming out for Christmas.

It's the "Bugger Me Elmo" doll.
Old 13th November 2012, 04:03 PM   #25
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

And the accuser has recanted.

link
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 04:20 PM   #26
Alan
Illuminator

Pandora's box was opened. Unpleasant words go here about people intentionally making false accusations. If it was intentional.

With that said, the Children's Television Workshop conducted a through investigation of the matter....because that is their specialty.
The investigators were independent.

Last edited by Alan; 13th November 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Alan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 04:23 PM   #27
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
And the accuser has recanted.

link
I'm going to continue to assume he's guilty.

Old 13th November 2012, 04:41 PM   #28
dafydd
Banned

''Cartwright was awarded Scientology's Patron Laureate Award after she donated $10 million, almost twice her annual salary, to the Church in 2007''
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 04:44 PM   #29
shuttlt
Illuminator

Guys, Don't Do That!
shuttlt is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 04:54 PM   #30
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

I didn't know you had turned into a liberal. What's up, Scrut?
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 05:04 PM   #31
Arcade22
Master Poster

16? By any reasonable measure he's old enough to manage his own sex life, moronic laws notwithstanding. Although i still wonder why he didn't first go the police or some other legal authority to file charges. Perhaps he was trying to pressure him for money?
When our individual interests and prospects do not seem worth living for, we are in desperate need for something apart from us to live for. All forms of dedication, devotion, loyalty and self-surrender are in essence a desperate clinging to something which might give worth and meaning to our futile, spoiled lives. - Eric Hoffer
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2012, 05:17 PM   #32
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
16? By any reasonable measure he's old enough to manage his own sex life, moronic laws notwithstanding. Although i still wonder why he didn't first go the police or some other legal authority to file charges. Perhaps he was trying to pressure him for money?
That's what I'm guessing. If I was Elmo, I would tell everyone his name.

Old 13th November 2012, 05:51 PM   #33
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

The accuser has recanted:

http://news.yahoo.com/sesame-street-...012713740.html
Old 14th November 2012, 10:01 AM   #34
23_Tauri
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Too late. The spectre of the Paedofinder General has already been raised and casts long shadows across the land.
Old 17th November 2012, 06:22 PM   #35
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Elmo Puppeteer 'Paid Off' Accuser in Sex Scandal

Quote:
(Newser) – Seems the Elmo sex scandal is far from over. Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who breathes life into Elmo, paid a young accuser $125,000 to recant his story about being under-aged when the two were lovers, TMZ reports. The gossip site unearthed an agreement in which Clash told the man, Sheldon Stevens, to call their relationship "adult" and "consensual" in return for the payoff.

"Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement," Stephens' attorney will say that Stephens "wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship," the document states. Adding fuel to the fire, insiders tell TMZ that Stephens was pressured into signing the agreement and cried during the last negotiations.
Old 20th November 2012, 06:24 AM   #36
P.J. Denyer
Graduate Poster

In my mind the investigation was carried out by Burt in a deerstalker and tweed cape and holding a magnifying glass.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2012, 06:38 AM   #37
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

I hate it when Scrut is right.
Old 20th November 2012, 07:54 AM   #38
A'isha
Unique

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
According to an article on TMZ, these "insiders" are the accuser himself, who is the one making the allegations that he was coerced into signing and cried when it happened. He now wants to retract his retraction, and the article says he's "now interviewing lawyers to help him undo his settlement".

Currently Reading: The Wahhabi Mission and Saudi Arabia, by David Commins
A'isha is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2012, 11:44 AM   #39
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
In my mind the investigation was carried out by Burt in a deerstalker and tweed cape and holding a magnifying glass.
You're thinking of Sherlock Hemlock:
Upchurch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2012, 03:13 PM   #40
A'isha
Unique

Another accuser has come forward, and wants $5 million from Clash. Clash has resigned from Sesame Workshop.

Currently Reading: The Wahhabi Mission and Saudi Arabia, by David Commins
A'isha is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events