JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags 2012 doomsday

Old 21st December 2012, 06:47 AM   #41
Fly Poster
Thinker

2:45pm GMT. Just woke up really hung-over, have not looked outside to see if the Zombie apocalypse has begun, will report back later.

... What's interesting is that EVERY person from the UK has turned out to be a perp. Amazing. And when you visit TheFlyposter's YouTube profile page, s/he's from the UK"
Fly Poster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 06:48 AM   #42
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Fishstick View Post
It's almost 11AM on December 21st here in Belgium. Everything's fine, but the weather's been very dark recently. Į d̨on̕'t ̵bel͠i͡e̸ve͢ a͝ny̧t͝h͠in͠g ̢s͝t͞r͢an̴gè ͘is ḩap̕pe͢ning,҉, ̅ͮ͗͌̌̕
You forgot the "NO CARRIER" bit at the end.

"Scientists have a poor understanding of science." - Justintime
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 06:48 AM   #43
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Thread tittle says it all, really.

It's the end of the world, again, and all that has happened is that Louisville got its first snow of the season. If anything, yesterday's weather was more apocalyptic with the heavy rain and gale force winds.

I'll report at the end of the day, but I expect that it's going to be an overall peaceful and uneventful one.
I passed some blood this morning but thats par for the course.
Old 21st December 2012, 06:54 AM   #44
Fly Poster
Thinker

2:52pm GMT: Have a blinding headache, feel nauseous, and my money seems to have vanished from my wallet, anyone else have these symptoms? Am I turning into a Zombie?

... What's interesting is that EVERY person from the UK has turned out to be a perp. Amazing. And when you visit TheFlyposter's YouTube profile page, s/he's from the UK"
Fly Poster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 06:58 AM   #45
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

9:56 AM EST as I type this. Ate 2 bagel belts from Tim Horton's on the way in to work. Status: Have to poop soon.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 06:59 AM   #46
Brown
Penultimate Amazing

I'm still here.

But the Mayans have mysteriously disappeared!

"Don't you get me wrong. I only want to know." -- Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar, lyrics by Tim Rice
Brown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 07:11 AM   #47
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

10:08 AM EST: Status: pooping

A few years back no such update would have been possible. Ain't wireless wonderful?

We go off into oblivion content in the knowledge this is the height of humanity's technological prowess right at the end times.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 07:13 AM   #48
Brown
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
10:08 AM EST: Status: pooping
OMG, the Forum has turned into Facebook!

"Don't you get me wrong. I only want to know." -- Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar, lyrics by Tim Rice
Brown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 07:16 AM   #49
Fly Poster
Thinker

3:14 GMT: Just got back from my local Sainsburys, they are out of my favourite Prawn and Rocket sandwiches, I think people are panic buying.

Old 21st December 2012, 07:22 AM   #50
MortFurd
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I just passed a sex shop with a Dominatrix wearing a Santa Hat manikin and a gimp in an elf hat in the window. Everything here in Germany is normal.
Sounds about right.
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 07:23 AM   #51
MortFurd
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brown View Post
OMG, the Forum has turned into Facebook!
The end of the world draws nigh!!!!
MortFurd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 07:25 AM   #52
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

When I woke up this morning, could have sworn it was Judgement Day. The sky was all purple, there were people running everywhere. Tried to run from the destruction, you know, I didn't even care.
Old 21st December 2012, 07:26 AM   #53
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Nap, interrupted.

And we enter yet another post-nonapocalyptic era.

~~ Paul

RIP Mr. Skinny
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 08:05 AM   #54
ehcks
Master Poster

Unfortunately, I work 5-10pm today and have to miss the end of the world parties.
Old 21st December 2012, 08:07 AM   #55
Tony99
Critical Thinker

Unseasonably cold here in Austin, Texas...currently 37F with a warming trend continuing this week to bring us back to day time highs of 76F

...a little queezy due to that third cup of coffee.

other than that, no sign of the apocalypse. Stay classy New Agers.
Tony99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 08:46 AM   #56
Moon-Spinner
Graduate Poster

It's 11:45 EST here, and I believe the world is a much better place today than this past week now that all of the End-Of-The-World shows and specials on TV are done for now.

Good, now let's go back to reporting on important things again, such as Justin Bieber's hair and what Kim Kardashian is wearing
Moon-Spinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 08:48 AM   #57
Hamradioguy
Pyrrhonist

It's almost noon here and I still can't see the sun. Is this how it starts? Should I be concerned?
Hamradioguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 09:40 AM   #58
Nessie
Philosopher

It is well past 1200 hours and sweet FA so far. I am both relieved and a bit disappointed. I also think I should have been more organised and done something outrageous with the excuse I thought I was going to die so why not?
Old 21st December 2012, 09:51 AM   #59
Jon.
Increasing entropy since 1970

Almost 10 am in Vancouver, and all seems well, although I'm deep in a bunker-like building housing nothing but civil servants, so the end of the world could take days to reach me if it hasn't filled out its forms properly.

I note, however, that we haven't yet heard from Australia that they safely reached tomorrow. Maybe they're still boozing it up to celebrate another apocalypse safely averted (or just to celebrate still being Australian).

I don't appeal to the masses, and they don't appeal to me. - Graham Parker

Calling modern day fundamentalists medieval is giving them about a thousand years of philosophical advancement they do not have. - Jorghnassen
Jon. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 09:51 AM   #60
Lucian
Master Poster

Earlier there were terrifying growls, hisses and shrieks emanating from The Beast Who Bears the Mark of Cthulu, but now The Beast is home from the vet and having a nap.

I have so much grading to do, though, I'm really hoping The End will come.
Lucian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 09:57 AM   #61
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

But I'm not dead!! I feel fine!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 10:03 AM   #62
Macgyver1968
Illuminator

In Dallas, it's fair with a 100% chance of cthulhu....oh noes!

Old 21st December 2012, 10:06 AM   #63
Miss_Kitt
Zombie Horse of Homeopathy

Alas, I have awakened and the house still needs final prep for the End of the World Party and Last Meal Potluck event I'm hosting tonight.

My last meal: flank steak, salad, and the incredibly evil Potatoes Supreme.

Boil peeled potatoes until cooked but still somewhat firm; chill.
Dice or coarsely grate; combine with 1 cup sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Put in oven safe baking dish and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or so. Clogs your arteries just looking at them, and they are so good!

Reporting live from near Seattle, MK

Magic thinking is a lead personal floatation device. It looks really reassuring, but it will drag you down--whatthebutlersaw
Miss_Kitt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 10:08 AM   #64
Steve
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Almost 10 am in Vancouver, and all seems well, although I'm deep in a bunker-like building housing nothing but civil servants, so the end of the world could take days to reach me if it hasn't filled out its forms properly.

I note, however, that we haven't yet heard from Australia that they safely reached tomorrow. Maybe they're still boozing it up to celebrate another apocalypse safely averted (or just to celebrate still being Australian).
My buddy just heard from a cousin in the Phillipines where it is already the 22nd. At least he claimed to be my buddy's cousin.....Who really knows.....?
Old 21st December 2012, 10:13 AM   #65
ExMinister
RSL Acolyte

Not much apocalyptic going on here in Colorado. No zombies. Nothing to the west has dropped off into the ocean. Nothing has blown up. Still early, though.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:57 AM   #66
Drewbot
Illuminator

FYI, the world just ended.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 12:03 PM   #67
StankApe
Banned

I bet it would be very scary to have gone into a coma last night
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 12:17 PM   #68
Dcdrac
Illuminator

This is Planet Earth Radio Loud and proud alive and Kicking

This is the BBC World Service

World still in existence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV9IE6d8_Y4
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 12:22 PM   #69
ToddH
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
But I'm not dead!! I feel fine!!!!!
No you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
ToddH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 12:33 PM   #70
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by appalling View Post
All this has taught me is that in the future someone is going to dig up the song, "In the Year 2525" listen to it, and get nervous for no reason.
I get nauseous every time I here that godawful song. Does that count?
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:00 PM   #71
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

The end of the world as reported on ABC http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-2...happen/4439348. So it must be true.
Old 21st December 2012, 01:17 PM   #72
Brattus
Graduate Poster

2 years of preparation.(selling my company & countless garage sales)
1 and half years of digging this hole to live in.
1 year of stock piling canned goods and ammo.
6 months spent training my body to digest and live off of tree roots and mud.

Now. Nothing! Damn Damn Damn!

I traded my winter home in Palm Springs for a kerosene lantern and a gasoline powered generator! Damn! Damn Damn Damn!

DAMN! This Sucks!

Anyone who quotes themselves is way cool - Brattus
Brattus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:20 PM   #73
Bell
beautiful freak

I can happily inform all of you that the next end of the world will be this December 31st.

INY
You gotta love cops.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:38 PM   #74
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Still ticking so far, but....OMG, wait, it's getting dark and the sky is turning black and....oh yeah, it's the shortest day of the year, never mind.

I must say though that today I think we saw more rainbows for longer at a time than I've ever seen before. A huge storm came in this morning, and it rained most of the day. With the sun low in the south, we had rainbows all day. Not too long before dark, this one caught my eye coming home. It was a full double for a while but it took me too long to find a safe place to pull over.

end day rainbow.jpg

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:43 PM   #75
ExMinister
RSL Acolyte

This is my third end of the world and so far it seems a lot like the first two. Disappointing. Anyone else had more than three?
Old 21st December 2012, 01:44 PM   #76
Tilorop
New Blood

The destruction of Trondheim, Norway, is in the middle of its undoing. Earthquakes, hellfire, Chtulhu and the occational asteroid impact is messing up everything here. All while I enjoy some cocoa, watching the spectacular destruction.
Tilorop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:50 PM   #77
Patchwork Moth
Student

Term ended today- don't have to nag for a while. Does that count? Perhaps a student who decided to drive down a footpath and nearly hit a few fellow students was the first sign.

2 hours 10 minutes till midnight here.
Patchwork Moth is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:52 PM   #78
Macgyver1968
Illuminator

These Apocalypse jokes...everybody's posting them like there's no tomorrow...
Old 21st December 2012, 01:54 PM   #79
StankApe
Banned

3:53pm

I have just completed a paper mache' phallus to be used as a naughty santa party gift

painting to commence shortly.

Im glad I completed it, cuz I would have hated for my corpse to be discovered by aliens in a few thousand years clutching a 15 inch weener made of newspaper and glue.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 02:01 PM   #80
NotJesus
Unsaviory

Some of you will no doubt be disappointed to learn that, as of 2:00 pm PST, Los Angeles still stands.
I have now reread what I've just written, and I see that I'm much more intelligent than what I've written. How does it come about that what an intelligent man expresses is much stupider than what remains inside him?
-Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Adolescent
NotJesus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal