JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Tags Business Plot

Old 2nd March 2013, 05:51 AM   #1
MaGZ
Philosopher

The Business Plot Conspiracy

Some on this forum believe the Business Plot was real. I invite them to come forward and defend this conspiracy theory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 02:56 PM   #2
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Personally I'd prefer it if threads begin with a summary of what the **** they are talking about
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:20 PM   #3
FrederickEason
Critical Thinker

There's two possibilities:

1) MaGZ honestly believes the Business Plot never happened (unlikely)
2) MaGZ is making some sort of vague and sarcastic political statement to set up his real argument (most likely)
FrederickEason is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Gawdzilla
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

It was commies.
木戸舞台は、無線メッセージを送信しませんでした
Gawdzilla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:23 PM   #5
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Personally I'd prefer it if threads begin with a summary of what the **** they are talking about
Same here. No use clicking on silly Wikipedia links. Perhaps big business is conspiring to employ people?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:25 PM   #6
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by FrederickEason View Post
2) MaGZ is making some sort of vague and sarcastic political statement to set up his real argument (most likely)
Involving evil Jooz, no doubt. A one trick pony.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 04:06 PM   #7
uke2se
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Same here. No use clicking on silly Wikipedia links. Perhaps big business is conspiring to employ people?
At least it's not Metapedia for once.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2013, 04:13 PM   #8
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
At least it's not Metapedia for once.
Is there a Stormfrontapedia?
Old 2nd March 2013, 04:21 PM   #9
uke2se
Philosopher

Is there a Stormfrontapedia?
Yes. Metapedia.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:08 AM   #10
swright777
Muse

Originally Posted by MaGZ View Post
Some on this forum believe the Business Plot was real. I invite them to come forward and defend this conspiracy theory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
I never looked into it. What is your position? I'll go with the opposite position. Then I'm pretty much guaranteed to be right.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:14 AM   #11
Courier
Banned

looks real to me

Last edited by Courier; 3rd March 2013 at 09:15 AM.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:22 AM   #12
MaGZ
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Courier View Post
looks real to me
If it was real then why weren’t anyone brought to trial for sedition?
Sedition trials were common in the 1930s and 1940s.
List of sedition trials in America
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/List_of...als_in_America
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:27 AM   #13
Courier
Banned

Go ask them.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:37 AM   #14
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Is that the sum total of your evidence that it was not real?

Unfortunately all too often when such high profile scandals do occur they were dealt with as quickly and quietly as possible, powerful people are forced to 'resign' rather than get fired and/or tried because that is less embarrassing to the gov't.

In similar fashion more recently we have the 'too big to fail' and the resultant no trails for fraud against anyone in the financial industry.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:21 AM   #15
Garrison
Graduate Poster

It appears to have been real but ineptly organized, probably just swept under the rug to avoid embarrassment. And since everyone involved is long since dead its a bit late to do anything about it now...
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:23 AM   #16
Garrison
Graduate Poster

And yet your own link has none in the 1930s when you say they were common.
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:29 AM   #17
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
And yet your own link has none in the 1930s when you say they were common.
Why do these people never read the links before they post them?
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:10 PM   #18
jimfish
Critical Thinker

There was at least one sedition case in the 30s, against Pedro Albizu CamposWP, a Puerto Rican chap charged with attempting to overthrow the United States' control of Puerto Rico.

I'm unfamiliar with any other such cases.
jimfish is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

He's stupid enough to be a Nazi. Do you really need any more information than that?
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:23 PM   #20
uke2se
Philosopher

Ah, there's the metapedia-link.
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:07 PM   #21
Gawdzilla
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

Apparently Googlefishing only works in shallow waters.
木戸舞台は、無線メッセージを送信しませんでした
Gawdzilla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

As it turns out, I know quite a bit about the Business Plot. So what exactly is it that the Holocaust denying troll is caliming? Is it just that he knows how to use the Great Wiki?
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:14 PM   #23
FrederickEason
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
As it turns out, I know quite a bit about the Business Plot. So what exactly is it that the Holocaust denying troll is caliming? Is it just that he knows how to use the Great Wiki?
He's claiming the Business Plot never happened because nobody involved was charged with sedition.
FrederickEason is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 05:41 AM   #24
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

He's claiming the Business Plot never happened because nobody involved was charged with sedition.

Well, he's implying that, but I'm pretty sure that this is part of what he considers to be a clever ruse to catch us doing ... something.
Old 4th March 2013, 06:07 AM   #25
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

I know he says dumb things, but that's too dumb to believe anyone would really say. Could the OP clarify this. I know a great deal about the events of the Business Plot and would be happy to clarify any misconceptions that it's somehow related to conspiracy theory, Holocaust denial or 9/11 Truth.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 11:28 AM   #26
Halcyon Dayz
Thinker

What always bugged me is why would the conspirators try to recruit the outspoken antifascist Butler of all people as their would-be dictator?
Old 4th March 2013, 01:10 PM   #27
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

I'll play. Of course it happened. The mainstream media of the day dismissed it. Thus, it had to be real.
Old 4th March 2013, 02:35 PM   #28
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Halcyon Dayz View Post
What always bugged me is why would the conspirators try to recruit the outspoken antifascist Butler of all people as their would-be dictator?
I think he was far more outspoken after the plot than before. Beforehand he was a popular Marine officer. But yeah, his politics, while not as outspoken as they were after 1933, were not hidden either...
Old 4th March 2013, 05:28 PM   #29
Bishop
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, he's implying that, but I'm pretty sure that this is part of what he considers to be a clever ruse to catch us doing ... something.
Yeah, I imagine that this is something along the lines of "Aha, you believe that there was this big bad conspiracy, so therefore you must believe that there is also this other one!"
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 07:22 PM   #30
MaGZ
Philosopher

"The Business Plot was an alleged political conspiracy in 1933."

Who wants to remove the word "alleged" from the opening sentence of the Wiki article?
Old 4th March 2013, 07:34 PM   #31
phiwum
Graduate Poster

Who wants to remove the word "alleged" from the opening sentence of the Wiki article?
Do you have a point?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 07:40 PM   #32
Major Major
Scholar

Originally Posted by Myron Proudfoot View Post
I think he was far more outspoken after the plot than before. Beforehand he was a popular Marine officer. But yeah, his politics, while not as outspoken as they were after 1933, were not hidden either...
And also included Hugh Johnson, former head of the NRA, the one New Dealer most despised by business.

Not to mention that the committee member who was chairing the session was the man who really invented the tricks Tailgunner Joe went on to use so viciously. He wasn't an NKVD agent then, but they would have Congressman Samuel Dickstein's number when they were to give him the code name CROOK.

Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 08:19 PM   #33
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

+1
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 08:23 PM   #34
BazBear
Teddy Bears do have teeth!

"The Business Plot was a political conspiracy in 1933."

There. Got rid of that pesky adjective for you. Now that I've taken care of that, I guess you can get to whatever point you were trying to make; assuming you have a point to make.
Old 4th March 2013, 08:44 PM   #35
SezMe
post-pre-born

It can't be real. No parent would name their offspring Smedley.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 10:23 PM   #36
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Do you mean the 'plot' was alleged to happen? Like OJ was alleged to have killed his wife but really didn't? I would like to help. Can you type more than one sentence? Is your problem a learning disability? Are you having trouble typing? Or is this a serious case of Trolitis and you are just being a jerk?
Old 5th March 2013, 05:17 AM   #37
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
Or is this a serious case of Trolitis and you are just being a jerk?

I'd go with that option.
Old 5th March 2013, 05:30 AM   #38
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

I'd go with that option.
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He may have a porn addiction and is simply recovering from a sprained hand. He may have shot himself in the head with a nail gun and not yet recovered. There are many other possibilities, so give him some time to answer. On the off chance that he's disabled by some traumatic accident, and not just acting like a drugged-up fool, let's give him a few more pages of humorous 2 sentence jokes about his OP.
Old 5th March 2013, 06:47 PM   #39
Courier
Banned

I'd go with that option.
As would I.
Old 5th March 2013, 07:27 PM   #40
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

You are correct, no court confirmed by conviction therefore alledged.

I do note though that this strawman is all you managed to respond to thus far

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories