JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 9th June 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
WTC Dust
Illuminator

9/11 Truthcraft: Teaching 9/11 Truth to Kids

Hey everyone! This is something completely different that I've been working on. Check out some of these images. I'm creating a 9/11 Truth map of Ground Zero and the surrounding neighborhoods using a game called Minecraft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ground zero stage 1.jpg (90.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg parking lot vesey stage 1.jpg (117.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Stuyvesant high school stage 1.jpg (82.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WFC stage 1.jpg (136.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 9th June 2013, 09:26 AM   #2
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by WTC Dust View Post
Hey everyone! This is something completely different that I've been working on. Check out some of these images. I'm creating a 9/11 Truth map of Ground Zero and the surrounding neighborhoods using a game called Minecraft.
At least your putting your education to good use.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Craig4
Philosopher

The pictures aren't really a problem. If you combine them with lies about energy weapons, dust and holograms that's kind of a big issue. I would hope you wouldn't attempt to mislead children with your unfortunate and incorrect ideas. I have a sneaking suspicion that those hopes will be in vain.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 10:12 AM   #4
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

If she raises enough money she could build her own version of the Creationist Museum.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 10:47 AM   #5
WTC Dust
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The pictures aren't really a problem. If you combine them with lies about energy weapons, dust and holograms that's kind of a big issue. I would hope you wouldn't attempt to mislead children with your unfortunate and incorrect ideas. I have a sneaking suspicion that those hopes will be in vain.
Lies? Not my thing.
Old 9th June 2013, 10:49 AM   #6
WTC Dust
Illuminator

Lies? Not my thing.
Quoting myself, lol. On the other hand, if you find something wrong on the map, I would like to hear about it. I'll continue to upload images as I progress.
Old 9th June 2013, 11:02 AM   #7
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Quoting myself, lol. On the other hand, if you find something wrong on the map, I would like to hear about it. I'll continue to upload images as I progress.
Are you going to upload this world so others can play?

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 11:24 AM   #8
WTC Dust
Illuminator

Here's a pic of my Minecraft avatar. I call her DayNinEleven.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 911 Truthcraft.jpg (56.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 9th June 2013, 12:27 PM   #9
smartcooky
Master Poster

That's very sad; infecting innocent young minds with your twisted view of the world.

I shudder to think what psychological damage these kids will suffer after being indoctrinated with your reprehensible bile, only to find out the truth when they grow up, that the Towers fell down because they became structurally weakened by the fires that broke after they were struck by two fully fuelled aircraft hijacked by Al Qaeda terrorists.
OCCAMS Razor - 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists organised by Osama Bin Laden; the Apollo astronauts walked on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by a single gunmen, Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone.
► "Conspiracism is a shortcut to the illusion of erudition." - JayUtah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 01:22 PM   #10
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Oh dear...
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 01:33 PM   #11
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
That's very sad; infecting innocent young minds with your twisted view of the world.
This is not a worry. She would have to up-load this world (to a site someone actually visited) and become popular enough for someone to care to down-load.

She's playing with herself. Again!

Last edited by DGM; 9th June 2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 01:39 PM   #12
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

On the other hand, if you find something wrong on the map, I would like to hear about it.
Well, the rendition of the buildings as wire frames with a thin facade isn't exactly going to help you when it comes to spreading misinformation about where all the debris went to. Your purposes would be better served by modelling them as solid blocks, then you only have to explain where the office space came from that raised all that rental money.

Dave

- Fabian Stang, Mayor of Oslo

SSKCAS, covert member
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 01:59 PM   #13
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Well, the rendition of the buildings as wire frames with a thin facade isn't exactly going to help you when it comes to spreading misinformation about where all the debris went to. Your purposes would be better served by modelling them as solid blocks, then you only have to explain where the office space came from that raised all that rental money.

Dave
Funny she refers to it as a map. Someone should tell her she's dealing with a fictional world.

Old 9th June 2013, 02:15 PM   #14
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

"Teaching 9/11 truth to kids."

There have to be faster and more direct ways of teaching kids about the dangers of prolonged THC exposure...

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Vinny Shinblind
Student

If there is a sudden uptick of 7 year olds that think 9/11 was an inside job, we will know why.
Vinny Shinblind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Myriad
Hyperthetical

So, you're proving that 9/11 was caused by a runaway cat fountain?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 9th June 2013, 05:22 PM   #17
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
Administrator

The ginger kitties seem rather over-represented.

And why no calicos or tabbies or torties?

Inquiring minds want to know!
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 05:39 PM   #18
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Ah, so this is what "research scientists" do all day.

Minecraft, really? A game where you can chop trees down with a slab of ham?
Old 9th June 2013, 06:16 PM   #19
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 07:07 PM   #20
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Vinny Shinblind View Post
If there is a sudden uptick of 7 year olds that think 9/11 was an inside job, we will know why.

In my experience, 7 year olds are pretty good at calling people on their ********.
Old 9th June 2013, 07:19 PM   #21
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Well, since WTCDust's attempts to prove foamification to adults have been sooooo successful...

Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 07:52 PM   #22
MileHighMadness
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
In my experience, 7 year olds are pretty good at calling people on their ********.
Most kids are a lot smarter than Richard Gage, David Ray Griffin, Chris Sarns, Kevin Ryan, etc., etc.

Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963
MileHighMadness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 08:28 PM   #23
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic

Something completely different? How is this any different than what you've already attempted? Lack of evidence will continue to be the major weakness in any of your future endeavors.

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo

Last edited by MIKILLINI; 9th June 2013 at 08:29 PM.
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 09:51 PM   #24
kid meatball
Critical Thinker

What exactly is it you'd like kids to know?
kid meatball is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2013, 10:54 PM   #25
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by kid meatball View Post
Minecraft: It's s... um... sy... no that's not right... SIUNTIFIK!
Old 9th June 2013, 11:17 PM   #26
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

I'm sure I've heard something stupider. I just wish I could remember when, where, and what.
Old 9th June 2013, 11:27 PM   #27
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Well, since WTCDust's attempts to prove foamification to adults have been sooooo successful...

Win.

[/thread]
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 07:02 AM   #28
WTC Dust
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kid meatball View Post
Not just kids, but all people. But I'm aiming it at a kid level.

What I hope for is a strong evidence-based understanding of the events of 9/11 and the aftermath, extending up to today.
Old 10th June 2013, 07:09 AM   #29
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

What I hope for is a strong evidence-based understanding of the events of 9/11 and the aftermath, extending up to today.
Evidence-based? That's refreshing. So you're discarding all your previous conjectures?
Old 10th June 2013, 07:49 AM   #30
djlunacee
Muse

Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post
Ah, so this is what "research scientists" do all day.

Minecraft, really? A game where you can chop trees down with a slab of ham?
Why not? In her "real world" there are magical energy weapons so advanced no one can describe them, how they operate, or where they are located but have the power to turn steel to foam and dust! and make toilet bowls disappear!
Old 10th June 2013, 08:00 AM   #31
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Haha lol *snort*

Using a fantasy world as "evidence" for fantasies, it's quite fitting really.

Maybe you should take your "project" to show NIST, boy are they gonna be embarrassed when they realize their report could have cost much less. The price of one computer and a virtual building blocks game.

Brilliant!

Last edited by Dash80; 10th June 2013 at 08:01 AM.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 08:11 AM   #32
kingstuart
Scholar

This will end in tears when a charged creeper destroys all your work.
kingstuart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 08:13 AM   #33
R.A.F.
Banned

What I hope for is a strong evidence-based understanding of the events of 9/11...
Hey, that's exactly what I hope for too!!

I salute you for "deciding" to base your conclusions on evidence rather than irrational, unevidenced conjecture...
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 10:28 AM   #34
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Originally Posted by kingstuart View Post
This will end in tears when a charged creeper destroys all your work.
If it were multiplayer and I were on her server the creepers wouldn't get that opportunity.

Kopji: A perfect utopia where everyone follows the rules is more like a hell than a heaven.
Mudcat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 11:46 AM   #35
Craig4
Philosopher

Lies? Not my thing.
Of course they are, don't be silly. You're errors have been pointed out to you numerous times and you continue to post things you've been informed are untrue.That what make your continued claims lies obviously.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 12:21 PM   #36
R.A.F.
Banned

I'm creating a 9/11 Truth map of Ground Zero and the surrounding neighborhoods using a game called Minecraft.
Here's an interesting thought...I wonder how the makers of the Minecraft game would react "if" they were to discover just how there game is being mis-used??
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 01:48 PM   #37
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

You may want to take the tactic used by child molesters and tell the kids, "DON'T tell your parents!"

Why? Because 99% of parents, when their kids ask them "Is it true there were no planes on 9/11?" will say, "Of course it isn't true. Who told you such nonsense?"

Because, clearly, the parents are in on it. Tell the kids not to divulge anything, and to watch their parents carefully for signs of lizard-morphing.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 02:23 PM   #38
Justin39640
Illuminator

The Moon Landing Hoax mod for Half Life was wayyyyyy better.

Last edited by Justin39640; 10th June 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Justin39640 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 02:36 PM   #39
kid meatball
Critical Thinker

Alright. A bit vague. I was looking for something more like a course outline. You're sort of presenting this as if it were a class, at least by the title. What specific examples of evidence are you going to display? You must have some type of plan.
kid meatball is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2013, 08:18 PM   #40
Macgyver1968
Illuminator

Thank god are kids are smart enough to see the BS that is 9/11 truth.

JREF Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories