JREF Homepage Swift Blog Events Calendar $1 Million Paranormal Challenge The Amaz!ng Meeting Useful Links Support Us
James Randi Educational Foundation JREF Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
Click Here To Donate

Notices

Welcome to the JREF Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.

Old 18th July 2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Lukas1986
Scholar

Pam Ragland has responded to skeptics

Quote:
Setting some facts straight (and lessons) about finding the missing Autistic boy Terry Smith… (part 1) July 16, 2013 by Pam
Filed under Autism, Autism+ADD/ADHD, Current Events, Intuition, Shift-Planet, Thought Shifting
Leave a Comment

Many people are writing me, so glad for me being willing to speak out—which is sparking the conversation about using our intutiion. They are confessing they have had things like this too–visions, feeling, inklings–and ignored it. Some even about Terry… And, others are plain old skeptical, rude, and angry. Frankly, I don’t get anger or jealousy directed at me for finding a missing child… But, I do get anger he was not alive. My kids are that age, and it is a true tragedy all the way around. Yes, I used my intuition (and so did my daughter) to find Terry Smith—the fact of which has certainly polarized a lot of people. Not what I wanted. I just went there to help find what I hoped and prayed was a live boy very close in age to my own two kids. In that moment, the furthest thing from my mind was what others would say. But hey—fighting US Bank has made me pretty tough. Really, at this point, I don’t care what skeptics think. However, I do wonder though why on Earth people in the community would write lies like this one below. What is their motivation to lie? I don’t get it. After all, we live 1.5 hours away. We have never been to their town. I was busy getting ready for two court cases—one with US Bank I’ve been fighting for 5 years and is FINALLY going to a trial I’ve fought long and hard for, and another small claims where an ex Felon stole my rental deposit, and forced my family to live with Termite poop in our dishes and water cascading on our heads for months. Trust me—I wanted my justice in my own cases, one of which suffered due to me being in Menifee. I really wanted to finish my own work… but the powers that be had other plans. [LESSON—you are tougher than you realize. And, whatever you “think” your plans are—they are subject to change for a greater purpose.] When we first called the tip line, I resisted coming out even though I was asked twice to go to the command post. (This is on record folks, I am certain it is all recorded.) But, by Tuesday night I KNEW I had to go help find this boy. I finally “checked in” with my own guidance. I had not wanted to get involved—there were thousands of searchers and because I am busy (not only with those cases but I’m a single mom who supports us), I justified our help was not needed. But, I trust my intuition implicitly and there is no question, I had to go. And, I would have to end up admitting I’m intuitive. Really, it’s hard telling why that is at this point, but I really have the sense this is bigger than all of us. [LESSON—trust your intuition—not your logical mind or wishful thinking.] So, packing my family up after they got home late on Tuesday 7/10, we headed out there over 1.5 hours away. Using our experience helping the set of missing hikers in OC, I had my kids put their blankets & pillows in the car. We grabbed jackets, snacks, water bottles… I called a couple people to see if they lived anywhere near the area, in case we needed to spend the night and help again the next day. In fact, we were so unfamiliar with Menifee I thought it was near Victorville. (It is nowhere near Victorville!) [LESSON—When the message is clear, follow it. Regardless of fears or the outcome.] Again, we felt we were going to use our intution to find a live child. It may have been because I ignored the dread I felt more than once when tuning in to Terry–but nontheless that was the only reason I’d take my kids or frankly even go. I would not have felt my help would be useful, time sensitive, or needed otherwise. I would certainly not put my kids through that. We didn’t even arrive until 9:30 pm. It was pitch black other than the media lights at the store. By that time, though there were searchers there, most had gone home. I won’t recount the majority of details here (I did on Facebook a couple days ago–maybe I’ll post later.) I won’t answer the “skeptic” questions–because everyone knows they have no clue and would deny seeing a UFO if it landed in front of them. But, I will address a few lies from people claiming to “know”. Here is one I’ll address directly (and I’m sure it’s a sampling of what all is there… I’m just not going to find out.) 1-FALSE: “A couple things the public doesn’t realize: 1) This “psychic” has had predictions about many cases around this area for a long time, and has been wrong every single time. The last one involved missing hikers in the area” TRUTH: We have never been “around their area” and we do not run around “making predictions”. In fact, we are not even from their area-it takes about 1.5 hours with no traffic to get there. The closest we have ever been is at least 3 miles closer to the freeway, twice, at at friend’s. We helped with the missing OC hikers. Actually, mostly it was my daughter until the 3rd day when I finally realized I had to fess up I do this too, because my help was needed, as we receive different information. That was the first time we’ve ever helped, was in our own backyard so we had an interest in the area. In that case, we helped narrow the search, gave instructions to the hikers to indicate their location, the families thanked us, were grateful–and one even sent us a thank you note–and the media never really knew. So, this person who claims we were wrong “every single time” is simply making things up. In fact, we were right two out of two. I challenge this person who hides behind a fake name on a blog comment, to name all those cases. Go right ahead. And what reason could you possibly have to state as a fact something which is a lie? [LESSON—-Be willing to help. Be willing to speak up about what you know. Be willing to say the truth, and be willing to call people on their lies.] 2-FALSE: “2) How did she “find” this body then? Well, everyone who was volunteering, by 3 days in, had an “intuition” that litte JuJu was on the property. But we were not let in to the property.” TRUTH: When we got there, most of the searchers were gone. I did not know where Terry or his family lived, and neither did the Fireman. No one told us. Someone offered to take me by there when they learned I am intuitive, thinking I could get more information by doing that. But, I said “No, I don’t need to know that to get information, and I don’t need to know what other people said”. So, although searchers may have suspected (it is awful easy to say that after the fact)–no one told us, we were not in the prior search, not from the area, and had no clue. I absolutely was not looking for a “body”–I was looking for a live child. (Again, by design.. because I would not have gone.) Since we were told by everyone he was lost, the LAST place I’d think he would be is at his home. It is just as well & by design I never knew it was his home, until hours after we were taken to the Command Center. Truthfully, my logical mind would have ruled that out. [LESSON—Do not let other people sway you, when you are using your intuition. Period.] Further, I had seen a “vision” of City Lights and heard the word “no” while driving. When the searchers wanted to search the city, I suddenly looked up, and saw that same vision and said “No, he is not there.” I explained I am intuitive. I was asked “Well then where is he?” (a reasonable question.) I physically turned my body to face the store (at the volunteer area), and said “behind the store”. I was discouraged and told “We have already searched there. Hundreds of people and horses have been back in that area.” I insisted that is where he was, which is when Dave the off duty fireman offered to drive me around. So, not only did none of us (Dave included) realize it was Terry’s home. But, we were actually discouraged from searching where I had a sense he was. [LESSON—Trust your intuition, even if others discourage you.] This fake named person goes on to imply we broke into the property… This is getting long, so I’ll continue correcting these FALSE statements is another post, later. This way, the TRUTH instead of FALSE information is out there for all the world to see. What I am really hoping out of this is, a movement–which to me can only be done with a purple ribbon– to #ShineYourLight . (These hashtags work in both Twitter and Facebook, now.) In this way, we can honor the life of this innocent boy–and turn a tragedy into at least something that is not in vain. The truth is, the same light in me, and the same intuition in me–are within you. I shared this idea a couple times on Facebook. As I teach my clients–the fact I (and my family) are willing to speak up and admit the gifts we have (which everyone has–you may have just forgotten), allows you one of two reactions. You can either say “That is so cool, how do I get back in touch with my own gifts?” (In that case, check out this blog post…) Or, you can say “I am so mad they are showing the gifts they have, I don’t like it they are displaying their gifts, I don’t really know how to tap into mine–so I am going to try to bring you back down with me”. Sorry, I will not allow your lack of trust in yourself to pull me down!
I know I used this text before but I would like to know what you think of it.

This is from Pam Raglands blog.
Lukas1986 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
What a waffling rant!

A grandiose example of the Texas sharpshooter fallacy. She (but really her daughter) got "lucky" and found the boy by pure chance. Now she's painted a pretty target around that lucky shot and is calling it her psychic powers.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 12:24 AM   #3
AdMan
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lukas1986 View Post

Can you highlight the important bits, if any?
Old 19th July 2013, 12:38 AM   #4
Aepervius
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lukas1986 View Post

There is a text ? All i see is a gigantic rectangular gray area without formating.

I see a lot of uninterresting bit reading it "diagonally" like "I won’t answer the “skeptic” questions–because everyone knows they have no clue [...]".

"I want, and this is my last and most dear wish, I want that the last of the king be strangled with the guts of the last priest" (Jean Meslier / 1664-1729 / Testament)
A very early french atheist, a catholic priest in life.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Aepervius
Philosopher

Basic points :
1) she as called by intuition there
2) she pretend she had to convince herself the child was alive otherwise she would not have gone or brought the kid (despite some dread)
3) skeptic lies when they say she did not help with hikers - she was even thanked by the family
4) skeptic lies when they say she was wrong in plenty of other cases
5) she had the intuition it was behind the store or something
6) skeptic exagerate when they say it was luck or something

I don't know anything of this story, but let me guess : the kid was founjd in a nearby pond drown ? Is my intuition () correct ?

"I want, and this is my last and most dear wish, I want that the last of the king be strangled with the guts of the last priest" (Jean Meslier / 1664-1729 / Testament)
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 12:48 AM   #6
Aepervius
Philosopher

he. I was wrong. Not drowned.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/201...r_victims.html

Old 19th July 2013, 12:52 AM   #7
Lukas1986
Scholar

Quote:
So, packing my family up after they got home late on Tuesday 7/10, we headed out there over 1.5 hours away.
Nope after reading it again this is she went looking for them on Tuesday but this is odd. Or it is about the hikers I don't know she is not clear here.

This is her reply on the facebook page:

Quote:
1) Having an Autistic child and working with Autistic children, the Facebook post was ORIGNALLY to a closed FB group for Autism on Tuesday. Members could not share so I posted it on my page as a public comment to be shared. This was in the afternoon or evening of the day we went out there, after I had already been overcome with grief about this boy (which I never published.)
This is reply on the attack that she knew nothing about it because she posted this on her facebook page:

Quote:
Pam Ragland · 1,510 followers
July 9 at 4:57pm via mobile ·

♥ PLEASE SHARE - MISSING 11 YO AUTISTIC BOY "Terry" in So Cal Menifee CA, missing since Sat night when his step brother sent him to walk home alone. He was wearing only light blue basketball shorts, no shirt, shoes, food, water, and not very communicative. It has been 100 degrees he cannot last much longer. Please send prayers, love, well wishes, positive vibes... Your choice. This boy & his family needs your support. Thank you.
It is nice to see that she acknowledges that she knew information before or during she went searching for the child:

Quote:
1) Having an Autistic child and working with Autistic children, the Facebook post was ORIGNALLY to a closed FB group for Autism on Tuesday. Members could not share so I posted it on my page as a public comment to be shared. This was in the afternoon or evening of the day we went out there, after I had already been overcome with grief about this boy (which I never published.)
Here she is claiming she knows nothing:

Quote:
Using our experience helping the set of missing hikers in OC, I had my kids put their blankets & pillows in the car. We grabbed jackets, snacks, water bottles… I called a couple people to see if they lived anywhere near the area, in case we needed to spend the night and help again the next day. In fact, we were so unfamiliar with Menifee I thought it was near Victorville. (It is nowhere near Victorville!)
This even contradicts what she said to the media that she was watching TV.

Quote:
Again, we felt we were going to use our intution to find a live child. It may have been because I ignored the dread I felt more than once when tuning in to Terry–but nontheless that was the only reason I’d take my kids or frankly even go. I would not have felt my help would be useful, time sensitive, or needed otherwise. I would certainly not put my kids through that.
This is the attack on her vision that the boy was sleeping and not dead and that she brought her children with her.

Here she is saying that she felt a dread. She never said it in any interview and even thought that she was going to find a living child. She makes a typical apology adding new info that has not existed before when the skeptics pointed out her failure.

Quote:
I won’t answer the “skeptic” questions–because everyone knows they have no clue and would deny seeing a UFO if it landed in front of them. But, I will address a few lies from people claiming to “know”.
Another attack on the skeptics that we are blinded and foolish.

Quote:
1-FALSE: “A couple things the public doesn’t realize: 1) This “psychic” has had predictions about many cases around this area for a long time, and has been wrong every single time. The last one involved missing hikers in the area” TRUTH: We have never been “around their area” and we do not run around “making predictions”. In fact, we are not even from their area-it takes about 1.5 hours with no traffic to get there. The closest we have ever been is at least 3 miles closer to the freeway, twice, at at friend’s. We helped with the missing OC hikers. Actually, mostly it was my daughter until the 3rd day when I finally realized I had to fess up I do this too, because my help was needed, as we receive different information. That was the first time we’ve ever helped, was in our own backyard so we had an interest in the area. In that case, we helped narrow the search, gave instructions to the hikers to indicate their location, the families thanked us, were grateful–and one even sent us a thank you note–and the media never really knew. So, this person who claims we were wrong “every single time” is simply making things up. In fact, we were right two out of two. I challenge this person who hides behind a fake name on a blog comment, to name all those cases. Go right ahead. And what reason could you possibly have to state as a fact something which is a lie?
The missing hitch hikers that she didn't helped a skeptic argument..

Quote:
2-FALSE: “2) How did she “find” this body then? Well, everyone who was volunteering, by 3 days in, had an “intuition” that litte JuJu was on the property. But we were not let in to the property.” TRUTH: When we got there, most of the searchers were gone. I did not know where Terry or his family lived, and neither did the Fireman. No one told us. Someone offered to take me by there when they learned I am intuitive, thinking I could get more information by doing that. But, I said “No, I don’t need to know that to get information, and I don’t need to know what other people said”. So, although searchers may have suspected (it is awful easy to say that after the fact)–no one told us, we were not in the prior search, not from the area, and had no clue. I absolutely was not looking for a “body”–I was looking for a live child. (Again, by design.. because I would not have gone.) Since we were told by everyone he was lost, the LAST place I’d think he would be is at his home. It is just as well & by design I never knew it was his home, until hours after we were taken to the Command Center. Truthfully, my logical mind would have ruled that out.
Here she claims that it would be the last to look for the body would be his home - attack on Ben Radford and his statistics.

Quote:
This fake named person goes on to imply we broke into the property… This is getting long, so I’ll continue correcting these FALSE statements is another post, later. This way, the TRUTH instead of FALSE information is out there for all the world to see. What I am really hoping out of this is, a movement–which to me can only be done with a purple ribbon– to #ShineYourLight .
Some guy claimed she broke on the property but that was not claimed on JREF.

Also on another blog she has said this:

Quote:
3) I did publish a post on it to counteract untruths (vs. sheer speculation, as these comments are.) Feel free to read it.
Also there on Dougs Dribblings she commented on the facebook page:

Pam Ragland:

Quote:
Blog Dougs Dribblings - source.

Here it is all highlighted with some comments from me.

Last edited by Lukas1986; 19th July 2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: error in quotes
Lukas1986 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 01:50 AM   #8
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Going by her tergiversations, is she trying to defend herself against comments that she should have foreseen the tragedy if she was psychic? If she was psychic she would have known he was dead when she went looking for him, not alive like she thought. She can't win because any claim to be psychic is a fail.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2013, 02:04 AM   #9
Lukas1986
Scholar

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Going by her tergiversations, is she trying to defend herself against comments that she should have foreseen the tragedy if she was psychic? If she was psychic she would have known he was dead when she went looking for him, not alive like she thought. She can't win because any claim to be psychic is a fail.
Not to mentioned what is she saying next:

Quote:
We have never been to their town. I was busy getting ready for two court cases—one with US Bank I’ve been fighting for 5 years and is FINALLY going to a trial I’ve fought long and hard for, and another small claims where an ex Felon stole my rental deposit, and forced my family to live with Termite poop in our dishes and water cascading on our heads for months.
If she was psychic how could let this happened to her? She even destroys herself in the end because she is running out of excuses and posting info that is against her..

JREF Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal